Geared Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:21 pm
This is a Solo RP by AislingJuno for the following Moth family and friends]
-This is part 2 of the woodland rp-It takes place a year after Part 1

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My teepee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:07 pm
User Image

Sumire walked from the meadow into the darkened woods. Her journey into the meadow had left her feeling hot and sticky. Sumire could stand the summer heat. The woodlands were relatively cool year round, and her body had gotten used to it's temperate cool condition. However she was expecting her daughter and grandson to show up any day. Her daughter lived in the desert during the cooler months, but she wisely traveled to woodlands during the warmer months. Sumire could not imagine living in the desert, but her daughter seemed to love living in the desert with her lifemate. Sumire had yet to meet her daughter mate, but he seemed to make her daughter happy. While part of her resented that she had never meet him, she was acknowledged that she didn't want to leave her home to visit the desert. The desert was his home, and he probably did not want to leave his home to travel to a landscape that was completely different.  

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:04 pm
User Image

Dacian noticed the the foliage near the entrance of the woods was looking rather brown. He shook his head and tried to let his worries fade away. His nephew was a strong stallion who had fought many battles. Calavera would viciously defend his mother. Calavera was a good protector and while he might be his nephew they were born in the same year and they relationship dynamic was more like brothers. Dacian admitted to himself that he was most likely needlessly worrying, but he would only let go of that worry when Regin and Calavera were within his sight.

As Dacian came closer to the border of the woods, he could see his mother leaning against one of the trees. So lot's tired and drained of most of her energy. He faintly smiled at her as he spoke, "I guess I wasn't the only one worried."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:27 pm
User Image

Sumire was growing a bit fatigued due to the heat, but her nagging worries ate at her. If she returned to the heart of the Forrest, no doubt she would feel comfortable, and cool. Briefly she rested again't the side of a thick tree. It's strength easily supported her weight. As the minutes passed by, she felt her strength returning though she still lacked much of her usual energy. She could hear the steps of an approaching soq.

Her son's arrival did not surprise Sumire. The delay of her daughter and grandson was causing everyone in the family to worry.

She replied to his question, "No it seems like the warm weather may have delayed their travel. I hope they don't punish their bodies trying to get here in a timely manner."

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:12 pm
User Image

"Why don't you go find a stream and cool of your hooves? We are all worried and you shouldn't be left to carry this burden alone. Besides I have the perfect alternative. Dacian let out a long clear whistle.

Within a minute the sound of hooves could be heard rumbling light thunder on the woodland paths. Dacian's lip reveled his shinny white teeth as he smiled. "She clearly has all her energy. Ah to be blessed with young energy."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:54 pm

Daria herd the high pitch of a whistle coming from the border. Her body quickly readied itself before her muscles sprung into action. The whistle was the sound her father made when he was calling for her. Daria ran through the woodlands in a sprightly manner, dust from the path flew up in clouds behind her. She was curious by nature, and she wanted her father to give her a task. He was the main guardian of this patch of woods, and she was being trained by him to also become a guardian. She wanted to take the burden of responsibility off her fathers and grandmothers shoulders. It would have been different if older sister and twin younger sister had stayed in the woodlands, but both of them had left. She did not resent their choices, but she felt if they stayed they could have helped share the responsibilities of the family.  

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:44 pm
User Image

Calivera felt sweat run down his face and catch in his bone mask. If he had been in a safe location , he'd have taken the bone mask off ages ago. However he was currently traveling with his mother, and the mask helped intermediate other soq that might think two soq traveling by themselves were easy prey. Unlike his friend Trehan who had harpy blood, he didn't have to worry as much about them attacking. They seemed to prefer males with wings, which made him glad that he did not share his grandmother wings or have wings like his uncle which suited little purpose other then decoration.

Calivera stopped moving from a brisk jog to a slow walk, before stopping. He turned and looked behind him, making sure his mother was right behind him. "Do you want to take a break, the temperature is rising steadily and it's easy to get a heatstroke."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:04 pm
User Image

"I swear the heat is attracted to my black coat, but at least we have been mostly left alone by the flies. When we passed by the grasslands, I swear the flies were feasting on us. I hate flies with a passion and they seemed to know that. Honestly I feel like taking a break but as soon as we stop, I'm afraid exhaustion will creep up on me. I would rather continue as were almost there. I can already smell the familiar smells of my childhood home. Just smelling the scent of damp wood and earth is giving me a lot of energy. Let's hurry, I'm tired of having the sun blast me with heat.

Regin raced ahead of her son . When she was ahead of him she shouted back, "Let's race, if I win I get a boon." Of course she shouted those words at him when she was well ahead of him. After all he was much bigger and younger then her. She needed to take a hold of every advantage she good get.  

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:12 pm
User Image

"Hey your supposed to challenge someone to a race at a certain starting mark. Not when you're already running ahead of them! "Calivera shouted as he raced forward. "Bad sport," he mumbled under his breath, but instead of looking angry his face wore a distinctive smirk. If his mother was up to playing games or mischief, she was clearly feeling well enough to finish the journey. Calivera soon gained and was racing at her heels, but instead of passing her, he stayed behind her. After all he could allow his mother to win a race from time to time. He hoped the race would distract her from the exhaustion they were both feeling. Their race brought them to the border of the woods.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:47 pm
User Image

Regin raced forward, her heart beat in excitement . Her childhood home was in sight. Her hooves hurriedly beat against the hot ground until she was at least in the cool shade of the woodlands. She placed her nose against one of the trees. "I beat you," she shouted her victory to her soon. She knew that if he wanted to he could have overtaken her at any point in the race, but she would never tell him that she knew. It was better just to savor her victory, "You owe me a boon she turned and spoke to her son that was just behind her. However she could also hear the sound of hooves in front of her.

"Aunt Regin," a voice near to her spoke.  

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:58 pm

Daria waited on the borderlines of woods for several hours. Her father had tasked her to keep watch for her Aunt and Cousin. The family had expected them for several days, and her grandmother was becoming more worried as each day passed. Daria was relieved that she could help her grandmother and she hoped that the duo would show up soon. The last time they had visited, she had been a young foal. Honestly they hadn't left much of an impression on her because of her age at the time. She just remembered that her cousin wore a scary mask and he seemed to have a giant stature. However her father said her aunt resembled grandma so she would know her as family immediately.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:43 pm
User Image

Calavera was in a state of exhaustion. The trip west had been especially dangerous this year. The harpies had been expanding their territory and several other paths had been too dangerous due to unruly weather conditions. The band he and his mother usually traveled with had chosen had decided to travel northeast which was a longer route. However, the trip was long, but not encountering the harpies was a blessing. Calavera's best friend Trehan had been born out of a secret harpy affair. It was in Trehen best interest to avoid harpy warriors. Calavera would never admit it to his friend, but harpy females had always given him the creeps. They just had a cold cruel air to their manner, of course, his experience with them was limited to the warrior caste. In his opinion, he would be happy to never again encounter a harpy. Of course, Trehan's father Kashita could probably tell him stories about the other side of the harpy culture, their artistic culture. Calavera considered asking the older male for stories next time they meet. It was always best to know the most about dangerous enemies. Kashita had one time considered joining the harpies but even affection he had for Trehan mother was not enough for him to give up his freedom. However, the brief affair had caused Kashita to learn a lot of information about the harpies. When Calevera was younger he would often listen to Kashita stories about the warrior mares. Of course, he had thought the mares were interesting until he had to fight them which soured his opinion of them.
However soon Calevara would be in the woodlands where it was safe from the harpies. The cool woods were a haven and they were the best place to be during the warm summer months. He had been dreaming of placing his hooves in the woodlands stream to soothe his aching hooves.  

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:51 pm
Daria first spotted the dust cloud that drifted across the sky. Originally the sight would fill her with some trepidation, but now the sight caused her heart to beat in excitement. The approaching soq was most likely her cousin and aunt. Her cousin had been born during the same year as her father and he and her dad were more like sibling that uncle and nephew, she knew that her dad would be exceedingly happy to have the whole family together. Daria did, however, wish she could meet her other cousin Atlas but he never traveled with his older brother and mother. Her Aunt had once told her that it was near impossible to get him to steep out of the desert. The desert was in his blood and his soul would suffer if he had to leave his home.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:54 pm
User Image

Calvera spotted the entrance of the woods and his heart leaped with joy. He weary body would soon be able to get some sleep. He had also been worried that the journey was too much of a struggle for his mother, but she had been energetic the closer she had gotten to her birth-home.  

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

AislingJuno

Geared Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:56 pm
Daria could hear the thundering of feet as the dust cloud came closer to the entrance of the woodland. Eventually, her eyes could make out the figures of her aunt and cousin. She pursed her lips and made a loud whistling nose to let her family members residing in the woodlands know about the arrival.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff