Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:50 pm
User Image

the market, filled with both stalls and stores alike, as the village has grown so too has the economy within it. The trade that comes in from the harbor eventually finds its way to the market to be sold, so there is bound to be something there for someone patient enough to look.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:36 am
((Entering from: Island Coast))

Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image After what seemed like forever they made it into town. It wasn't long until they encountered someone, who was quick to guide them to the doctor. Even with the weather being so poor there were still a few people out and about. They were brought to beds pretty quickly to get treatment. Callisto declined, insisting on going back despite her injuries. She would go so far as to smack away anyone who was coming near her. "Just heal him." She repeated, determined to leave but only after she made sure that Leon was actually being helped. He'd managed to make it this far. As much as she wanted to stay with him now, she knew she had to go. She couldn't leave the bodies behind. She felt like she had to do what she could to get rid of any evidence that a fight had taken place there. She felt someone drape a robe over her and she turned around to smack them. Her hand only met with the air as whoever it was had gotten out of the way. Callisto frowned and mumbled to them that they should just focus on Leon. She pulled the robe around herself nonetheless, realizing that her being totally naked was making at least one person uncomfortable.

User ImageThis wasn't quite what he'd expected when he'd heard news of the storm. They'd been prepared for most anything that could come through the door but the last thing he'd expected was this. It was obvious that the two of them had been in a fight. Together with his assistant he showed them to the beds and instructed them to sit down. Being unable to force anyone to accept help, he just let the dark-elf alone and turned his full attention to the young man. He eyed him for a moment, then collected the necessary components for the magic he'd need to use. "Leon, was it? I'll have you feeling better in just a moment, young man. You're in good hands here." He returned quickly and activated his magic. He didn't need to use an incantation at his level of skill.

User ImageMana in the form of green energy devoured the components in his hands instantaneously. "This will tickle a bit." Then the man held his hands over Leon's chest near his heart. The green energy was sent from his palms, through the one area of his chest where it quickly spread throughout his body. It began to mend the damage done to his body which was immense. The doctor was surprised by how much energy he needed to expend as he continued the somewhat slow process of healing Leon with his magic. "Tell me how you feel. What hurts and where. I need to know how you were injured, too." He spoke as he continued to heal Leon, it would be a while before he needed to repeat the spell to continue the healing process. The young man's body was in such poor shape it was a marvel that he was still alive.

Knight Of The Dark Void

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:48 pm
Sabriel Thurirl

Leon was definitely feeling the after effects of the fight. He felt like he was about to actually die, if not for the healing magic being applied. There was no way in Hell that he could tell the healer that he had killed almost 4 people. To do so would result in disaster.

"We got caught in the storm...I got hit with lightning I think...my chest hurts, around the burns...and my legs..."

He improvised as best he could, with his mind still reeling from the pain he was in. Oddly enough, there was nothing indicating repercussions of the Soul of Focus...just physical pain from his wounds. It was after about a minute that he felt well enough to think straight. His mind began racing with concerns.

"Where's Callisto? Is she alright!?"

He tried to sit up, but quickly regretted doing so, as his body screamed at him in pain and soreness. He reluctantly laid back down.

"Please tell me she's okay. I need to know where she is. She looked blinded by the lightning when I last saw her."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:26 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image "The woman you came with is in another room. She's fine." He really had no idea where Callisto had gone but thought better of telling him the truth. He'd do so later, if he remembered. Right now the fewer distractions the better. He ordered a nurse to bring him more of the components he needed before resuming his healing of Leon. "I need you to relax and breathe. Do stay awake though, for now at least." He could sense just how utterly devastated the other man's body was and once again marveled at how he hadn't died from his injuries. He seemed human. Even if he wasn't it only mattered that his magic worked to heal the man's injuries. The doctor spent a few hours working on Leon, before switching out with one of the nurses to replenish his mana. Most of the internal damage was healed. Not an easy feat, considering the boy had basically been cooked alive to a certain extent. A quick glance at the clock told him that it was almost two in the morning now.

User Image Around three hours later, Callisto had managed to find her way back. She still wore the robe, although now the shoulder and arm of it was bloody. She'd found her way back to the coast and spent a lot of time blindly feeling around until she came across one of the bodies. She had haphazardly moved them to the edge of the water and stopped to search them for a knife. Then threw them one by one as far as she could into the ocean. She had no idea how hidden they were there and her only reason for believing herself to be alone was that she couldn't hear anyone nearby. She knew that if she went into the ocean, she might not be able to find her way back for a while and she didn't want to leave Leon alone just in case... It had taken way longer than she had wanted it to. If not for the need to avoid attention or questions of any kind, she wouldn't have come back. She thought it would be believable enough to say they were just more victims of the storm if anyone asked..

User ImageBefore she'd left the beach, she'd used the knife to carve the bullet out of her arm. It wasn't clean and as soon as she started she'd immediately regretted doing it. The bullet was stuck to her flesh. It felt like she'd taken a huge chunk out of her arm and she was sure it was bleeding. She relied on sound and memory to make her way back to town. Just as before, it wasn't long until she encountered someone and once again found herself at the doctor's. As she approached it, she walked face-first into the door. Then fumbled around for a bit before finding the handle and stepping inside. She paused, letting the door close behind herself, and listened to the noise inside the clinic. She was tired a weary, focusing was impossible at this point. She couldn't really tell much about what was going on here. Was this even the doctor's?

User Image
"..this... Is this... where I left Leon?" She asked, recognizing the voice of the nurse who spoke to her. She was feeling quite woozy, the world was spinning and she wasn't sure how she was able to keep moving at this point. "Don't touch me!" Was immediately said as once again a nurse touched her shoulders to try to guide her over to a bed. She didn't care that she was being rude, even if she knew they were just trying to help. She didn't like how vulnerable it made her feel to have to rely on someone else when she couldn't see.

User ImageOnly after being told she'd be taken to see him did she let them help her. Callisto was sat down on a chair next to his bed.
"Leon?" She asked and waited, listening closely for any noise. She was quickly becoming anxious, anticipating the worst. She'd never forgive herself if he'd died while she was gone. She hoped that he was just asleep or something. She couldn't hear anything over the noise of the clinic.

Knight Of The Dark Void

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:23 am
Sabriel Thurirl

((I'm so sorry. Work kicked my a** this week.))

Leon was just starting to drift to sleep, when he heard footsteps coming towards him.He stirred, thinking it was the doctor again. He now had bandages around his torso, covering the "X" mark seen before. Upon seeing if was not the doctor, but Callisto, he shot out of bed, rushing to hug her tightly.

"Callisto!! Thank God in heaven you're alright!"

He hugged her as tightly as he could, never wanting to let go. After kissing her a few times, he noticed her eyes seemed to be injured. He stroked her cheek, looking between them.

"Sweetheart...? Are...Are your eyes okay...?"  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:44 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image Callisto winced in pain as he held her, any pressure against her arm hurt. The pain didn't last very long, nor did she care about resolving it. She closed her eyes and returned his hold with the arm that she could move. Loss of blood made her a bit weaker but she was still careful to avoid hurting him, or at least she was trying to. She couldn't be sure. She buried her face in his neck. She could feel that he was wrapped in bandages but otherwise only had the sound of his voice and the strength of his hold to try to discern his condition by. "Oh, Leon." She breathed in, eyes welling up with tears as she returned his hug and kisses. She was so very overwhelmed with relief and overjoyed that he hadn't died. He was warm, his chest expanded and fell. Mixed with all the smells of this clinic being so close she was still able to take in his scent. It was Leon, and he was alive.

User ImageThis was the third time she thought he'd die--or fourth if she included the man who'd been aiming a gun at him before. She had no idea what time of day it was either but he'd had so many near-death experiences so close together. After the lightning hit she had no idea what had happened to him since then either, only that their enemies were dead. She'd come close too, once or twice. She didn't really remember. She was and had been just too concerned for his well-being. Even acknowledging that he was a strong, capable warrior she was still so afraid for him. She knew that her body was way more durable by comparison. She couldn't stop herself from crying, couldn't steady her breaths enough to speak to him. Her eyes opened as she sought to look at him but she still couldn't see anything. It was clear however that her eyes weren't focusing. She kept her arm around him, palm pressed against his side.
"L-Leon! I--!"

User ImageShe clenched her jaw, biting back sobs and looked down. She took another unsteady breath before looking back up, although her line of vision was higher than him as she wasn't able to see him.
"I-I'm so glad! Y-you're alive!" She shut her eyes again and leaned forward while pulling him in for another hug. "You're alive..." She repeated softly, totally refusing to let go of him now that she knew where he was. "A-are you still hurt? Why are you wrapped up?" Callisto was completely ignoring her own injuries, way too worked up to care.

Knight Of The Dark Void
((It's cool, dude. ^_^ ))

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:00 am
Sabriel Thurirl

"I have a bit of a large scar on my chest. But I'm not important right now. What happening with your eyes, and your arm?"

Leon couldn't help but notice she wasn't taking care of herself. It seemed as though she had made no effort to fix her wounds, and something was obviously wrong with her eyes. He took a deep breath, and spoke.

"Callisto...you can't see me, can you...?"

For the first time, Leon's eyes teared up a bit. He couldn't forgive himself if she had lost her eyesight because of his inability to deal with the storm. He pulled her closer, not wanting to see her leave ever again.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:28 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image"A scar..? Did it hit you... first?" She spoke softly, thinking things through as she was speaking. The magic user had hit him with an attack like that? So he'd gotten the full force of it? She was worried but could tell that he'd recovered since then. She was happy to hold him and be held in return. As he had been speaking, she'd found it difficult to concentrate. She was cool to the touch, pale and her already uneasy breaths were becoming a bit faster as time ticked on. Arm? She mentally repeated to herself, wondering if that's what he'd asked her about. She couldn't be sure but she thought that he'd already mentioned something about an arm. At a steady rate she was slowing down. Blood still dripped from the fresh wound she'd made when she'd cut into her arm. Without realizing it she was leaning into him and relying on him for support. Her grip got a little weaker and finally, she figured out what he'd been asking about.

User Image
"I... found a knife... and... cut it out... It was stuck..." She blinked, widening her eyes and then squinting in a final attempt to fix her vision. Of course, it didn't work. "After... lightning... happened... I realized... that I can't... see anything... It was... bright... Too bright... for my... eyes..." Her hand slid down his back numbly as she spoke until it had fallen by her side. Her speech was slow and a bit slurred. She managed to keep her eyes open for another second as she tried to figure out what was happening to her now. Then finally, she lost conciousness and slumped limply against him.

User ImageThe doctor and nurse had been standing by the curtain for a couple minutes now, simply waiting. He'd observed that she used physical force to keep people away from her earlier and had decided to first wait for the woman to pass out. There was enough blood on the floor that he knew it wouldn't be long until he could peacefully start treating her injuries. As he saw her go slack against Leon, he quickly walked over and, with the help of his nurse, pulled her over to the chair she'd been sitting in before. He already had the necessary components for his spell with him. So he swiftly activated his magic, as he had earlier with Leon. The green glow returned to his hand as he pulled the bloodied sleeve of her robe up in order to place his hand over her wound.

User ImageMeanwhile the nurse went to check on Leon. "Sir, how are you feeling? Please, take a seat. You've been through a lot and don't worry Howard's very good at what he does. He could bring you out of the danger zone so he'll be able to do the same to your lover." She was abrupt and sounded somewhat detached, as if used to this sort of situation. She attempted to guide him back to his own bed.

Knight Of The Dark Void

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:03 am
Sabriel Thurirl

"Callisto..."

He nearly had a heart attack when she fainted. He would have kept to doctors away from her if she weren't in such a dire state. He followed the nurses orders and laid back down. She was right, he had definitely not gotten off scott free. The scar on his chest would most likely remain there, and it still stung a bit. His muscles ached, and slowly, after realizing she would be alright, he drifted off to sleep again.

In the morning, Leon woke up later than usual.Upon waking, he was relieved to find his lovely mermaid mate sleeping peacefully. He smiled, sitting up and stretching. The sting of the scar had left, but the scar itself still lingered on his body. He felt the burn in the center, and frowned a tad. He shook his head slightly, and swung his legs over the side of the bed, getting out fully. He knelt down at Callisto's bed, holding her hand softly.

"Sweetheart...? Are you awake?"  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:42 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User ImageCallisto's brow furrowed as she woke up. Her body felt heavy and she didn't know why someone was bothering her when she'd been sleeping. She was too tired to care or give it much thought at first. Her eyes ached, her body altogether felt sore... for whatever reason. She just wanted to stay asleep so she gave an irritated grunt in response. An inelegant way of telling whoever it was that she wasn't getting up. An uncomfortable amount of time passed before she realized just who had spoken and remembered all that had happened before sleep. She clasped the hand that was holding hers and sat up quickly, looking in the direction of the hand. "Leon! Leon?" She repeated, unsure as she squinted at him. He was just a big blurry shape but she was so sure she'd heard his voice. She reached out to touch his face, moving a bit too quickly without realizing it. If he wasn't quick, her hand would collide with his face with a decent amount of her strength behind it.

Knight Of The Dark Void

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:42 pm
Sabriel Thurirl

"Ow."

Callisto had awakened excitedly, and borderline sucker punched Leon in the forehead. He rubbed his head for a second after he was hit, then proceeded to brush it off, excited that the mermaid was awake finally.

"H-Hey, is your eyesight back!? Are you okay?"

Leon was like a worried mother at this point. The last he'd seen Callisto, was her fainting in his arms from blood loss. And considering how fast his day went out of control yesterday, he needed to take care of her the same way she had done for him.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:30 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image It barely registered with her that she'd hit him. "It is you!" She said happily, a wide grin spreading across her face as she spoke. She shifted briefly, barely taking the time to move her lower half before she launched herself off of the bed at Leon. She wrapped her arms around him with complete abandon for everything else and held him tightly. It mattered little that her body was built like a tank, bones, flesh and all being many times heavier and tougher than they appeared. "Oh, Leon! I'm fine, you're fine, everything's fine! We're alive and we won!" Her legs were tangled up within the blankets and she'd somehow managed to knock everything off of her bed. She failed to notice at first that she could move both of her arms normally again. Only a shallow little cut, wrapped up in bandages, remained of the hole she'd made in her arm. She wanted to kiss him quickly. She was so fond of kissing since he'd kissed her for the first time. Before she'd only thought of it as a gesture of little significance between lovers.

User ImageShe moved to kiss him, but then something occurred to her. How much time had passed since she'd last brushed her teeth? Or even bathed? They'd left after he'd recovered, then the storm happened and they were attacked. Before that, she'd spent the day doing labor-intensive jobs and then training with him. What on earth did she smell like now? She was almost afraid to breathe in through her nose should she find out what he smelled like either. When was the last time she ate something? Before meeting with Leon at the caverns? Maybe? What about him? She shifting to kiss his cheek, or at least she thought that was his cheek. As much as he'd seemed to enjoy kissing to, she didn't want him to smell or taste her doubtlessly bad breath and was afraid to find out what his breath smelled and tasted like now. It was too late to pull away from him since she'd basically thrown herself at him. After that uncharacteristically sheepish and distant kiss she went back to hugging him tightly. A bit too tightly as she wasn't holding back her strength as much as she normally would with him.

User ImageBy the curtain, a nurse cleared her throat to get their attention. Short and rather portly. She was a bit older than the nurse who'd helped them before. She walked in, a few papers in hand, and stopped short of their beds. "Excuse me. Now that you're awake, there's some matters that must be discussed before you two can leave."

Knight Of The Dark Void

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 1:16 am
Sabriel Thurirl

Leon smiled as Callisto embraced him. There were several points where he wasn't sure if he would get to do so ever again yesterday. He kissed her cheek, and felt her warmth. He was a tad embarrassed when the nurse stopped them. He stood up, clearing his throat.

"Yes? Like what?"

Leon was starting to overthink things. He suspected that the nurse would ask about the cause of the couple's injuries, seeing as the bullet in Callisto's shoulder would obviously be caused by some form of skirmish.  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:03 am
Callisto Piscis-Piscis
Adventurous Mermaid

User Image"For starters here's the bill." She said bluntly, handing it to Leon as he was the one standing. Then she flipped through the other papers she'd brought with her, settling on one to slip into her clip board. "Now, you told the doctor that you were on the water during the storm so he's willing to wait. If needed he's prepared to accept small payments until the full sum's been paid. No interest." The doctor was also one who allowed people to pay with goods instead but this nurse wasn't going to let that happen again. She pulled a pencil from her ponytail and prepared to start making notes. "Now that that's out of the way there are a few questions I need to ask you both. Let's start with how you're feeling right now. Any pain? Soreness? Can you move all of your limbs and extremities? Do you have any areas on your body where you feel numb?"

User ImageCallisto was untangling herself from her sheets as the nurse spoke of payment. She tried to remember how much she'd brought with her when they'd left the inn. No much. Most of her belongings were still in there, along with his. Oh no--! I completely forgot! She thought in a panic, remembering the repairs she'd made to the room which still needed some fixing. Mainly the hole in the wall and its obvious lack of paint. She groaned, deeply regretting having let herself get so carried away. Now there was more to deal with even after all of this. Just how big was the bill for their treatments? She finished removing the sheets and stood up to join him. She straightened out the robe she was wearing to get better coverage, retying the bow as she squinted at the paper.

User ImageShe was about to ask Leon what it said when the short nurse threw a bunch of questions at them.
"Uh..." She shook her head, not quite sure how to respond. She was sure they'd both be fine to heal on their own from now on. Probably. She looked at Leon, unable to really tell what sort of face he was making. "Well..." She flexed and curled her fingers and toes. Then stretched out and flexed her arms. "I can move everything fine. My arm feels kind of... tingly?" She remarked about the arm which had been shot. She could move it just fine but when she tried to feel it with her other hand her flesh felt a bit numb.

User Image"Right." The nurse jotted down what had been said. It was about what the doctor had anticipated for this one. "And you, sir?" She looked at Leon, expecting an honest answer from him.

Knight Of The Dark Void

Sabriel Thurirl

Hygienic Gawker

CrimsonKlaw

Profitable Businessman

3,200 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 11:35 pm
Sabriel Thurirl

"I feel fine, to be honest. Aside from my little present I have on my chest, nothing is out of the ordinary."

Leon stretched his limbs, feeling for any notable issues. He wouldn't mention it to the nurse, but his muscles didn't feel sore, they felt better. The definition, and power behind them felt almost unreal. If he wasn't careful, he could probably destroy the bed without thinking twice.

Leon fetched his wallet from where his things were. He unfolded it, pulling out currency to fit the bill given, and then some. Since his parents were well-known hunters, Leon's wealth was a tad bit on the larger side. Although, he couldn't squander it, as he had no real income otherwise. Once the money was gone, that was it until something changed. He handed the money to the nurse, and spoke.

"Keep the change. Thank you for taking care of me and my lover."

He gave a bow of respect and gratitude, though only slight. Full bows were reserved for special people and worthy opponents.  
Vampire Island: Main Areas

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff