Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
Quick Challenge Answer? Is the Coronavirus Judgment from God

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:18 pm
Posted On March 21, 2020By David Johansen

Excerpt: There are a number of examples in scripture where God enacts judgment upon a nation. However, in all of them God is not subtle about it. For one, there was typically a message preceding the destruction by a prophet. There was never any ambiguity as to whether it was from God, or why he was doing it. Second, the destruction tended to be pretty swift and thorough. Sodom and Gomorrah did not have time to panic.

Read more: link

Not quite sure I agree:

Revelation 6:3-4
When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!” Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make people kill each other. To him was given a large sword.

No pre-warning other than Scripture from what I can read. No angels, no prophets other than the persecuted church (Revelation 6:9-1). That in it self could be considered a warning I suppose. If so the saints have been crying to God and warning about coming judgement since pretty much the conception of the church.

Revelation 6:7-8
When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:57 pm
Not a day passes by when God doesn't judge something on earth...demonstrate His Commandments to be true...especially under corrupt conditions.

• Zephaniah 3:5 (NIV)

5 The Lord within her is righteous;
            he does no wrong.
        Morning by morning he dispenses his justice,
            and every new day he does not fail,
            yet the unrighteous know no shame.

• Proverbs 11:31 (NIV)

31 If the righteous receive their due on earth,
            how much more the ungodly and the sinner!

It's not a question of if, but do you have the eyes to see how He judges day by day?

cristobela
Vice Captain

Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces