Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
[FIN] Table for Two at Sweet Hazelnut Cafe [Thulani/Blush+] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Was this the right place? It had to be... right?

An angelic male with distinctive body features was walking just ahead of a visiting family friend - his neighbor's youngest, visiting the city for the first time - as he tried to recall where exactly this cafe he visited semi-frequently lay. He really should have known the way by now, but it seemed like the features en route he used to determine where he was changed each time. Sure, a lot of them happened to be market stalls, so one should have expected they would change with the days and seasons, but he wasn't used to their locations shifting altogether as well.

"Ya sure yer not tired? We could always head back an' call it a night. Get you some rest an' come back in the mornin'." Between the market and running into her elder sister, Thulani was sure Blush must be near beat by now. Even so, she'd seemed insistent on trying out one of these restaurants unique to The City.

Frankly, he was waiting for her to crash. She had had a bad habit when she was younger of running herself empty.

He knew her well enough though to expect a resolute denial, stubborn girl that she is.

Thulani's eyes trailed and his tail flicked as he finally found the side path he was looking for. Aha, there it was! Tricky little thing, tucked away as it was. And once they were on the correct street, it didn't take long for those distinctive tables and umbrellas to come into view. While it may have been growing into the late afternoon-early evening, it was still plenty comfortable to sit outside if they'd wished to do so. That said, the interior was also quite cute - perhaps even more so to a young woman than himself.

Might as well let the woman in question make the decision.

"This here's called the Sweet Hazelnut Cafe - they can give ya their little spiel once we've gone and sat ourselves." He gestured for her to go ahead and make the decision. "Ya feelin' in an inside or outside meal an' drink?"

Dream WhiteWitz
Blush

Menelie
Tariq (in case he wants to approach)

Teigra
Mocha (in case she wants to approach)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The first thing before any meal is to clean yourself up and make yourself presentable, that is what Mama always said, Blush mentally thought to herself when she decided going out to eat would be a great thing instead of staying home to cook a meal with Thulani. That would be another night. Tonight, let's do things differently from the usual mundane routine. The young male decided to make a pitstop along the way to the established place and touched-up her hair and don a new dress. Her favorite dress, a beautiful lavender shade with sparkling silver symbols on it. It had enhanced her figure, taking in her waist and giving her a subtle hourglass look.

"Nope, not tired. I am quite excited! Ready for a new meal. I'm so used to mom and Rudo's meals. I like them, but I want variety! A girl can get bored eating sweet potatoes often," Blush quipped, giving a sigh as she looked up at Thulani, smiling as she moved to catch up with the older male as they walked. It was when they finally found and then entered the establishment which boasted the name, Sweet Hazelnut Cafe. She took a look around, taking in the sights of the interior of the place. A soft but happy sigh escaped her comely lips. Mm? Oh! Either one is great. I mean the weather is good outside! Up to you, Thu," the angel tacked on, giving a nod as she fluffed her outrageously bright red hair.

Daisicle

Dream WhiteWitz

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:01 pm
Honestly, Thulani hadn't understood Blush's need to get herself all dressed and frilled up before they'd headed out - she'd looked just fine as she was. Women... Aquarious had been the same with how she liked to get dolled and ready before the two of them would have a nice meal together. He could appreciate it, but what he didn't understand was who Blush was trying to impress? Any boy to bring back home, he supposed? Oh Ducky... bless her heart if Blush returned with some city kid or, even worse, never headed back. He could only imagine how much work would be left.

Hopefully she'd at least return to help with the planting and harvests.

No no, he was gettin ahead of himself again. Touching his chin, he pondered between the two options before nodding once. "Outside then; you'll find it harder than one of Efemena's biscuits to find many nice places 'round here fer sittin'." He motioned for her to follow him towards a nice table away from the other patrons but still rather close to the sidewalk - for people watching if Blush was so inclined - before sitting down after her. "Now, if'n ya wait here fer a moment, one of them's workers should come out. I'll let em surprise ya with the whole ordeal."

Dream WhiteWitz
Blush

Menelie
Tariq (if one of you would~)

Teigra
Mocha (if one of you would~)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:35 pm
Blush looked to Thulani, smiling brightly as she proceeded to follow the older male into the Sweet Hazelnut cafe and then to the outside portion where they found a decent table that was sitting close to the sidewalk. It was a way to still feel part of the world outside the cafe, without actually participating in it, how keen of Thulani to anticipate that Blush thought to herself. The young woman cleared her throat and proceeded to sit down before Thulani did, smoothing out her favorite dress. It was her only dress, actually, but she favored it highly over everything else. Even when the seams come undone, she would bawl and mourn it before begging her mother to fix it for her.

"What the whole ordeal?" Blush asked, raising an eyebrow as she looked around. "It is rather pretty out here. Very different from home. Very quiet there. Nothing really to do except make my traps and playing with Cote and Ziva. They're my only friends within distance. They look weird, though."

Daisicle

Dream WhiteWitz

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Tariq threw a glance over his shoulder at the couple as they entered. He heard Mocha chirp a "Welcome in!" even as she was helping another customer. The male looked like he might have been a regular--ah, yes, that tail was fairly distinctive. Perhaps this was a date, then? Feeling a bit cheeky, he took a yellow flower that was decorating the front counter and put it in a vase with a bit of water, then took the vase and a pair of menus outside where the couple had seated themselves.

"Welcome to Sweet Hazlenut," Tariq said, smiling at each of them warmly. He set the vase on the table and a menu in front of each of them. "And welcome back, sir," he added to the male. Addressing the female, he gestured to the menu: "All our drinks are handcrafted by myself, personally, and the pastries are made fresh at a bakery here in the City every morning. We can warm anything up if you desire." He took a step back. "I'll be back in a few moments once you've had a chance to decide."

If no one had any questions, Tariq would step back into the building and work on producing orders that Mocha had taken in his absence.

Daisicle

Dream WhiteWitz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:58 pm
There she went again with those names - Cote and Ziva. Just who were these new ones in the neighborhood, and why hadn't he gotten wind of some gossip from his mother regarding them yet? Something didn't quite add up... But before he could open his mouth to ask, the main barista himself was here serving them...

With a bit of extra service? Was the vase bit something new, or perhaps just something they did to stand out to the female patrons? Thulani raised an eyebrow at the gesture, but likewise smiled when addressed. "It's been a while, hasn' it?"

He waited for him to make his leave before glancing at the menu - looks like they had some new, seasonal items. Pineapple...? What kind of weird fruit was that - he couldn't even imagine what it could be, or what it could taste like. Oho! It looked like they still had that in stock - don't mind if he did. Hmm... and there was a strange twist to this one? It seemed considerably more expensive than the main option, but... they wouldn't do him wrong. Glancing up at Blush, he added. "Ya can't go wrong with anythan' on tha menu - it's all good. If ya feelin' real hungry though, ya might wanna check out their 'Savory' section." As it was, he could go for something a bit larger today, what with the adventure it'd already been... And he still hadn't even gotten her stuff all set up in the guest room yet. For a country kid without much, she might as well have brought her whole damn closet with how packed she came!

The next time their table was serviced, he'd ask for, "One hot apple cider please, whatever this 'House Choice' option means, an' one bacon'n'wild 'shrooms quiche warmed up. I'll also take one these... mmm... 'tropical paradise tarts'..?" Again, what was a pineapple anyways?

Dream WhiteWitz
Blush

Menelie
Tariq (if one of you want)

Teigra
Mocha (if one of you want)

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Dream WhiteWitz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:35 pm
Blush looked towards Thulani; he seemed a bit more relaxed now that they were sitting down and actually enjoying the view from their table. The Hazelnut Cafe was rather cute and the moment they stepped into the place, she smelled all sorts of yummy things that she never smelled before. Her mother cooks simple meals, nothing fancy or over the top;’just straight up plain fare that could do with a bit of seasoning here and there. The young female looked like she was in la-la land when she was staring off into the distance before she was brought back. Hrm? Oh! Didn’t realize it was my turn!” she stammered, picking up the menu and gave it a quick look-over before peering at Thulani. A lot of these foody items listed sounds really good and she never had it before.

”Uhh... I’ll have the tomato spinach quiche with the sauce. And a cinny-roll, whatever that is. It sounds really good,” the bright red-headed female quipped, giving a quick nod, pursing her lips. She just smiled at Thulani, her cheeks flushed a bright red against her colorful pink face.

Daisicle

Menelie

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 6:44 pm
Orders places, he offered their server his thanks before returning his attention to the young adult before him. "Not bad for your first time. Let me tell ya, they about had ta walk me through evry-thing my first time here. I prolly acted quite the fool - thank Guardians ma wasn't here ta see it. I'd never live it down." Yeah, his mom would probably enjoy an experience like this, if he could ever get her off the farm that is. Ducky probably would too.

"Cinnamun roll though? Mmm... I think you'll like them." Honestly, they weren't his thing, but the combination of spicy cinnamon and sweet icing would probably fit Blush to the T. Actually, now that he thought about it... had she actually ordered anything to drink?

He didn't think she had.

Turning and raising a hand to get another servers attention, he asked for them to ask Tariq to also craft something to go with the quiche and cinnamon roll order, preferably without coffee. There was no way she wasn't going to try one of his drinks while they were here, and there was no way they were coming back again before she returned home.

"Now, what ya wantin' ta get outta yer lil' vacation? I still gotta work most days, but I should be able to direct ya to places even if'n I can't go. I know there's that dinner with'in yer sister, but other than that."

Dream WhiteWitz
Blush

Menelie

Teigra

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Dream WhiteWitz

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:00 pm
Blush looked up at Thulani, smiling widely. "Really? A cinny-roll? Hortense brought a box with her looooong ago. I have been dying to try it again," she confessed in a hushed whisper, nodding rather quickly. The young female shook off slight vertigo she incurred when nodding quickly and proceeded to look around at the scenery, taking in the colors and the unique aspects of things. I was thinking of something for Mama. A cinny-roll won't make it down there, I know myself too well. I'll eat it all before we even leave the house! I want to get her something extra special! Maybe a lamp or a new garden shovel. Oh, oh, maybe we can look at seeds up here! I'm quite sure Mama would like to try something new in her garden!"

"What you think, Thu?" the young female asked, blinking curiously at the older male from across the table. "Are you ok? You seem off ever since I arrived! Is it me making you uncomfortable? Is me being here stopping you from seeing someone? A special someone?

Daisicle

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:44 pm
Thulani laughed at her joke (he assumed it was a joke) about the cinnamon rolls and their inability to make it home, and found himself rather agreeing with the notion. A gift that wouldn't make it back wasn't much of a gift at all. He placed his hand on his chin, "Somethin' fer Ducky... Mmm... I usually just get her some dried pasta since it keeps well an' ya can't really find it down there." A practical sort of gift, if in a different direction from Blush's idea. Seeds though... "Honest ta' Guardian's I ain't ever looked fer somethin' like produce seeds - flowers would be easy enough." Yeah, he knew a place she could fins those, though he paused for a moment before following up with that information. "They'd prolly know better where ta find tha rest of that too, more than me at least."

"Somethin' like a lamp is probably in the Craftsman's District, although a lot of what they make's fer City residents. They wouldn't work back on the Isle." Given the City had electricity and the general island did not.

Setting his hand back down on the table, he shrugged lightly. "I think those're both good ideas. Ya should check with ya sister ta see if she wants ta send any-thang down when ya head back - I know I intend ta do so." Her follow up caught him a bit off guard. "What'd ya mean? I'm fine?" Or he was as far as he was aware. Still, looked like he needed to stem this misunderstanding quickly before it ballooned (as it was likely to do with Blush's ability to jump to conclusions). "If ya made me uncomfortable, would I be lettin' ya stay at my place or treatin' ya to them 'cinny-rolls' ya like?" A small laugh, "An' don't worry 'bout that. I already told ya I ain't gonna stop workin' while ya visit, so I ain't gonna miss anyone."

Dream WhiteWitz
Blush

Menelie

Teigra

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Dream WhiteWitz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:19 pm
Blush smiled at Thulani, shaking her head lightly. "Like oil lamp. Mama adores the crystal cut ones. They're really colorful. One might be broken by the time I go back," she shrugged as she looked at Thulani, in a more serious capacity. "Are you sure, Thu? I mean, having me in your house... might be recipe for disaster. Mama wanted to offload me for a while, but I didn't take my friends with me. They're a little... off themselves, and a bit neurotic. Mama might hate me by the time I go back too."

The young female gave a sigh, and then a weak smile afterward before she wiped her face. "Thu, you really need someone up here with you. I think you sad a lot," she nodded, taking one of his braids and swish his face with the ending, giggled.

Daisicle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:00 am
Tariq returned a short while later with Mocha right behind, both laden with plates and mugs. "Apologies for the wait, my friends."

"Tomato spinach quiche," he said as he set down the plate in front of the female. "One cinnamon roll," he continued, "And a chai with whipped cream," he finished as he set down a dark brown ceramic mug.

"And for the gentleman, hot apple cider, a bacon and wild mushroom quiche, a tropical paradise tart--made with fresh mangoes and passionfruit--, and today's house choice is a green salad with olives and chickpeas, topped with avocado." He set down each in turn. A little-known fact; the House Choice for the day was whatever Tariq himself felt like eating for lunch.

"Do let me know if I can get anything else for you!" said Tariq cheerfully. "Enjoy your meal."

Daisicle

Dream WhiteWitz

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:43 pm
Ah, oil lamp, now that did make more sense, though the apparent increased likelihood of one breaking in her absence was less intuitive - shouldn't it be the other way around, given the lack of shenanigans? Oh boy though... Seemed she was still worrying about things back home. "Come now, ya know yer ma's not gunna do somethin' like hate ya just cause ya been gone a week er two or ya got friends that break stuff. Ducky ain't like that." He sighed a bit at her bubbling overreaction before he was very much caught off guard as she reached across the table to mess with him. He blinked, a mixture of confusion and surprise evident in his expression as he was acutely aware of how her fingers ever-so-lightly brushed against his cheek.

And then his nose scrunched up reflexively as his hair tussled against and ticked it. "I've been tellin' ya I'm doin' fine." He was struggling to not sneeze, but never had the chance as Tariq approached the table. Thulani hastily pulled away out of instinct with a look of shock and embarrassment evident in his features, a light flush of pink coloring his cheeks.

Oh Guardians, he was not going to be able to explain this if Tariq said anything.

Calm down Thulani. She's just your neighbor's kid. Deep breath, back to normal conversation.

"O-oh don't worry 'bout it!" Smooth. He smiled up, a bit more awkward than natural, before he looked over at Blush in the same way as their food was placed down, then back to Tariq as he finished. "This all look's great, we'll let ya know if it ain't enough!" Looked like he wouldn't learn what a pineapple was today. Still though, the smells alone were enough to whet his appetite and prepare him for the meal to come. Now with a more natural smile, he looked over to Blush. "Well, what'cha waitin' fer? Dig on in 'fore it gets cold!"

Dream WhiteWitz
Blush

Menelie
Tariq

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:54 pm
Blush stared at Thulani for the moment, trying to decipher what he was really saying from his expression, which included some form of body language. He was giving off all sorts of signals which were utterly foreign to her. “Oh Thu,” she waved it off like it was nothing as the waiter came to the table with their food. The scent of the tomato spinach quiche made her stomach growl with anticipation, and shortly enough she dug in with a utensil, shoving bits of the quiche into her mouth between breaks of actually breathing. It was delicious, but the scent of another dish... a cinnamon roll was awaiting her, teasing her almost at this moment.

The young female did stopped about half-way through her tomato spinach quiche to look at Thulani, then looked away blushing profusely.

Daisicle

Dream WhiteWitz

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:30 am
Keenly unaware of Blush's concerns, Thulani was wholly preoccupied by the assortment of food around him. He may have gotten a touch too much to eat, but he was pretty sure he could pass any extra to the pae garbage disposal in front of him and it'd be fine.

Definitely.

"If'n you'd like ta try any of this, just let me know and I'll pass some your way." He first reached forward to take a drink of the cider, still steaming and eliciting the sort of scent that could warm you up on that alone. He knew most pae came here for the espresso drinks, but he really appreciated these other drinks on the menu. Sometimes you just needed hot, spiced apple juice, and whatever he used to season this cup was just perfect. Sweet, but with a touch of spice and a notable hint of honey. Honestly, he'd be keen to buy a jar to bring home with him if they ever decided to spotlight their ingredients for wholesale purchase.

Wholly content now, he set the drink down and glanced at the foot items - one salad, one entrée, and one dessert. It was proper to start with salad first, but then there was a chance the quiche would cool down by the time he got to it. Therefore - quiche first! With his tail gently flicking back in forth behind him, visibly showing his contentness, he picked up a fork and used it to break off a small piece of the pastry and bring it to his mouth.

Aaaah... How delightful. They always had such tasty food.

Dream WhiteWitz
Blush

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas