Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Questions & Answers
Can Christians support Black Lives Matter?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rysabi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:52 pm
Can Christians support Black Lives Matter?

I am a member of the church. We have mixed views here on whether or not we are allowed to stand in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter Movement and the ongoing protests. Some members have asked me to settle the topic biblically, but I need some advice.

In addition, concerns have come up in light of whether it is right to partake in strikes organized by company unions.

Can you please help me?

Click the link above to view the answer.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:08 pm
Great post. Thank you for sharing with us. smile  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:18 pm
I see this post is a little old, but if it helps any, here is what I see regarding the situation:

Is BLM a peaceful group, promoting a godly cause?

While there may be some in there that do believe in peaceful, non-violent protests, what is being seen is a lot of violence, parts of cities burned down, illegal trespassing, and a disrespect for law enforcement. Many of these protests occuring after incidents between individuals who have been killed by a police officer. For some places, these protests caused a lockdown where people must be in their homes by 7 or 8p.m. because they were getting dangerous (not only to keep people home, but mostly to attempt to keep those protestors home).

Some of these groups went beyond the "black lives matter" and have been caught on video burning Bibles, breaking into businesses and federal buildings, etc. It's obvious that some of these people have major disregard for God's word and authority.

Are these things that God promotes? When we check with scripture:

Romans 12:17 NIV:
Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone.

Proverbs 3:31 NIV:
Do not envy the violent or choose any of their ways.

Psalm 11:5 NIV:
The LORD examines the righteous, but the wicked, those who love violence, he hates with a passion.

Is "Black Lives Matter" really because of "black lives"? They haven't shown up at places where many black lives were lost in shootings. They aren't storming Planned Parenthood clinics (one of the biggest contributors against ending black lives). People have died at these protests as well, sounds awful for those families who have lost loved ones.

Another big concern is that they are protecting a violent group called Antifa that doesn't seem to have the best interests.

It is against my personal conscience and beliefs to support BLM. I feel like all lives matter, born and unborn, and this could be handled so much more peacefully than it is at this time. As for you, it is something you would need to decide on your own.

As far as work strikes, it depends - what is the issue? Is this something that God would not approve of? Many factors to consider here!

Thank you for the article, it was definitely an interesting read 3nodding  
Questions & Answers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff