Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Mermaid Princess

Back to Guilds

A love story between Land & Sea 

Tags: Mermaids, Magic, Drama, Adventure, Sitcom 

Reply General OOC
Wheel of Fortune Daytime Game 1 (Take 1, Canceled) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:09 am
Guild Games Pilot: Wheel of Fortune Daytime Revived Game 1

= Configuration
WOF (1982) - Robin, Louis, Linda

User Image

Hello, everyone. AnimusHelixRebirth here & welcome to the next Guild OOC Game of the Mermaid Princess RP Guild!

Here you see your favorite characters in the RP on America's Game: Wheel of Fortune, as Wheel is brought back to Daytime! It's Wheel of Fortune Daytime Revived

I will be RPing as the NPC Guest Host: Cookie Masterson as he spins the wheel with Shandris of Padarak in her Cinderella Dress at the puzzle board.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

This section is also outside the main IC for the guild.

= Structure
Opening
Player Interviews
Round 1: Jackpot
Showroom Shopping
Round 2: Mystery
Showroom Shopping
Round 3: Express
Showroom Shopping
Round 4: Prize Puzzle
Showroom Shopping
Speed Up Round
Showroom Shopping
Bonus Round
Post-Game Chat
Ending

= Game Length
1. Jackpot Round
2. Mystery Round
3. Express Round
4. Prize Puzzle
Speed Up Round
Total: 4 Round Standard Game

= Guild Game Setup
Wheel Configuration: Custom Modern Daytime
Toss-Up Rounds: No
Free Spin or Free Play: Free Spin (Daytime Wedge)
Minimum Round Earnings: $1,000
Bonus Round Wheel: Yes
Showroom Shopping: Yes
Theme: Normal
Podium Background: Pinwheel [1992-1997]
Prize Puzzle: Yes
Puzzle Board Configuration: Super Nintendo
Bonus Cash Puzzle: $3,000
Bonus Round Letters: Letters R, S, T, L, N & E + 3 Constants & 1 Vowel

= Status
Started: 10-17-2020
Stand By Hiatus Start: 2-15-2021
Canceled: 2-17-2021
Overall: Needs to be Restarted

Today's OOC Game:
Red Podium: Xia
User Image
vs
Yellow Podium: Sinclair
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
vs
Blue Podium: Ai
User Image

User Image
The Game is played with 3 Players as they take turns solving a missing letter puzzle. The only hint that's given is a description of what the puzzle contains (such as a person, place or thing and so on.) When its a player's turn they have 3 options: Spin the Wheel, Buy a Vowel or Solve the Puzzle.

After spinning the wheel, it'll land on a space with a value on it, showing how much each letter is worth. The player then guesses a letter and if any are present, they will be shown and money is awarded for each one then the player gets another turn. However, if a letter is not present, that player's turn ends and gameplay proceeds to the next player.

Because of how common vowels are in puzzles, they CAN'T be spun to be revealed, the player needs to buy them, each vowel costs $250 from the current round's earnings & a player can't buy a vowel until they guess at least one consonant successfully & it must be enough to reach the $250 cost, if a player attempts to buy a vowel and again, none are present, that player's turn ends.

If the player know what's on the board and think that the player has earned enough money to end the round, they can solve the puzzle. If the solution is wrong, that player loses his or her turn. But if the solution is correct, the round ends & all the money along with prize wedges' totals obtained in the round goes into that player's total earnings which determine who becomes champion and advances to the Bonus Round once all 5 Rounds are played. One thing to note is no matter how much money the player ends with, there is a minimum round earnings of $1,000 for the winner of the round. So if a player finishes a round and is under $1,000 after solving the puzzle, that player's score will be brought up to $1,000.

It's also worth noting that some puzzles may contain a bonus cash prize for identifying the source of the description.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:36 am
Cookie Masterson
Guild Games Revived Host

User Image
Shandris
Padarak Adventurer (Hunter)
"Go now and speed well."

Sinclair
Butler (Castle Tipa)

User Image
Announcer: Returning to Daytime from the 1980s after over 30 years of its absence, its America's Game!

User Image
Audience: WHEEL... OF... FORTUNE!

Announcer: Celebrating its return to Daytime is the world's most popular game show! Filled with fun, glamor, excitement & surprises! Look at this studio, filled with glamorous prizes, exciting & fabulous merchandise, including a $5,000 Cash Jackpot, a trip to Pennsylvania, a Set of Jewelry & a lovely Tea set! Over $250,000 just waiting to be won on Wheel of Fortune! And now, here's the Host of Wheel of Fortune Daytime revived, Cookie Masterson!

Cookie Masterson: Good Morning, everyone. Thank you & welcome to Wheel of Fortune, as today is a special today for us since we're bringing Wheel of Fortune back to Daytime after more than 31 years since the Daytime version ended in 1989 on NBC & in 1991 on CBS. To be honest, its not everyday that a CD-ROM Trivia game show host like myself get to wander onto the set of a Daytime Version of a Game Show that's remembered. So, here's to Wheel of Fortune Daytime's return, this is for you.

(applause & cheers)

Cookie Masterson: Anyway, we have asked someone to help us out as we bring Wheel of Fortune back to Daytime and here she is now. Please welcome, Granis' sister, the beautiful Shandris!

(applause & cheers)

(Shandris enters wearing her Cinderella dress & heads for Cookie Masterson first to see Cookie, Xia, Sinclair & Ai)

Good morning, everyone.

Cookie Masterson: Morning to you too, Shandris. Have a fun time at the puzzle board.

Thank you, Cookie. Shandris then heads over to the puzzle board.

User Image
Puzzle Board:
= Clue: NA
=============
=============
=============
=============

(applause & cheers)

Cookie Masterson: That's a nice entrance if I do say so myself. I could go on about it but then we would be here all morning. So, what have we got? One, Two, Three of you are playing today? That sounds good to me. Now then, why don't we meet our players starting with Xia.

User Image
Red Podium Player: Xia
Xia Account Score: NA
Xia Total Score: NA
Xia Round Score: NA
(applause & cheers)

Cookie Masterson: Xia, it says here you have a favorite place under the sea to sing. Care to tell us about it?

Trivia: The Account Score shown above the Player's score was used for the Shopping Rounds on Wheel of Fortune Daytime from 1975-1989 during its Daytime Run & from 1975-1987 during its Nighttime Run. More on how that works later. But first comes the introductions of the Players before we hear how Wheel of Fortune Daytime works.

The Sphinxy

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:53 am
User Image

Xia smiles. "I sing at a club called Starfish Lights! It's a really fun place."

AnimusHelixRebirth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:16 am
Cookie Masterson
Guild Games Revived Host

User Image
Shandris
"Go now and speed well."

Sinclair
Butler (Castle Tipa)

Cookie Masterson: That sounds like fun. I'm sure you would be great singing on stage one day in the human world. Next, we have Sinclair.

Yellow Podium Player: Sinclair
Sinclair Account Score: NA
Sinclair Total Score: NA
Sinclair Round Score: NA

(applause & cheers)

Cookie Masterson: Sinclair, it says here you're good with a sword. Have you used a sword before considering that you're a butler of Tipa?

Once or twice in the past. But still I'm glad to be here. The sword I use is a Platinum Sword.

Cookie Masterson: Okay, sounds good to me. Last but not, least we have Ai, who is also with us this morning.

Blue Podium Player: Ai
Sinclair Account Score: NA
Sinclair Total Score: NA
Sinclair Round Score: NA

(applause & cheers)

Cookie Masterson: It says here, Ai, you have sweet boyfriend. Care to tell us more about him?

The Sphinxy

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:35 am
The Sphinxy
User Image

Ai blushes at the question. "Yes, his name is Jeremy and he is so sweet to me. We got on so many fun dates!"

AnimusHelixRebirth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:34 am
Cookie Masterson
Guild Games Revived Host

User Image
Shandris
"Go now and speed well."

Sinclair
Butler (Castle Tipa)

Cookie Masterson: I'm so happy to hear that. I hope you have a fun time this morning.

User Image
Round 1: Jackpot Round Start
Cookie Masterson: Okay. There's no time to dilly-dally. Here's how this works, each one of you will take turns trying to solve a missing letters puzzle that we have on our puzzle board. I'll let you know who's turn it is. When your turn is active, you have 3 options; Spin the Wheel, Buy a Vowel or Solve the Puzzle. After spinning the wheel, like I'm about to do right now... Cookie spins the wheel to demonstrate and it lands on $500.

Cookie Masterson: ...It'll land on a cash value after I spun like I did so & I'll let you know what it lands on. As I just demonstrated, the wheel landed on $500. Whatever the wheel lands on, that's how much each consonant is worth. Then, you would guess a letter and if any are present, they will be shown on our puzzle board and money is awarded for each one then you get another turn. However, if a letter is not on the puzzle board, then you lose a turn and we move on the the next player. Since vowels are common in our puzzles, you can not spin to reveal them, you have to buy them. Each vowel costs $250 from your current earnings for the round. So you can't buy a vowel until you guess at least one consonant successfully on the puzzle board & even so it has to each the $250 mark. If you buy a vowel that's not on the puzzle board, again, you lose a turn to the next player. When you know what's on the board and think that you have earned enough money to end the round, you can solve the puzzle on your turn. If the solution is wrong, then again, you lose a turn to the next player. But if the solution is correct, the round will conclude & all the money along with the prize wedges' totals obtained in the round goes into that your total earnings. There is more to tell you but we'll talk more when we get to it.

*As Cookie talks about the Free Spin, Lose a Turn & Bankrupt Spaces, the camera shows the respective wedges, then we cut back to Cookie*
Cookie Masterson: One thing to note is some of the special spaces. First, is the Free Spin space. When you land on it, I'll give you a Free Spin Token to hold onto. At the end of your turn when I would normally say who's turn it is next, if you have a Free Spin token and you want to keep your turn. You can use it and get your turn back. The Lose a Turn space will end your turn & I'll say who's up next, but your score stays the same, so make sure you don't land on that. However, the Bankrupt space will not only end your turn but any cash & prize wedges obtained in the round are also lost, but cash & prizes obtained from previous rounds that is banked remains secured. So make sure you don't land on that either.

= Round 1: Jackpot Round Wheel Layout
Bankrupt
$1,000
$250/Wild Card
$400
$300/Jackpot
$600
$500
$350/Gift Certificate
$450
$600/One Million/Bankrupt
$600
$300
$250
$600
Bankrupt
$400/Double Play
$300/Free Spin (Wedge Version)
$250
Lose a Turn
$600
$500/Surprise
$300
$550
$400

*As Cookie talks about the Jackpot, Wild Card, Double Play, Gift Certificate, Surprise & Million Dollar Spaces, the camera shows the respective wedges, then we cut back to Cookie*
Cookie Masterson: With Round 1 being our Jackpot Round, here's how this round works. The Jackpot is set at $5,000 as its a Progressive Jackpot and we'll add money to it with every spin of the wheel after it lands on a dollar amount, in other words, the Jackpot increases by the dollar amount that it lands on. When you land on the Jackpot and guess a letter that's in our puzzle board, you can solve the puzzle on that same turn & if you solve it, you'll win what's in the Jackpot. We also have a Wild Card & Double Play in place, more on that later after you picked it up after guessing a letter correctly. The Million Dollar Wedge is in play on today's daytime game. If you're lucky enough to land on it, solve the puzzle & win the game without landing on Bankrupt, you'll be able to take it to the Bonus Round, we'll talk more about that later. We also have both a Gift Certificate & Surprise Wedge on the wheel, if you pick that up after guessing a letter correctly then solve the puzzle, you'll be able to see what the Surprise & how much the Gift Certificate is worth is after you buy a prize our Showroom then add that to your total.

Cookie then spins the wheel once more. Cookie Masterson: Last but not least, the top dollar amount for this round is $1,000. Don't get hit by the Bankrupt space, if you do that, you'll lose all your cash and prize wedges but not any purchased merchandise because once you buy a prize, it's yours to keep. Now that everything is settled, here's our First Puzzle if you look over at our puzzle board...

Puzzle Board:
= Title
-- -------
----- ----
-- ----------
Jackpot: $5,000

Cookie Masterson: Title is the category. There's Shandris right there. And just before our show, we drew numbers to see who goes first. Xia, you won the drawing. So you go first. Good luck out there & give that wheel a good spin to start us off.

OOC: Sorry I took so long. I was setting up the Christmas lights outside.

The Sphinxy

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:59 am
User Image

"Thanks!" Xia spun the wheel, hoping to land on something good.

AnimusHelixRebirth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:01 am
Cookie Masterson
Guild Games Revived Host

User Image
Shandris
"Go now and speed well."

Sinclair
Butler (Castle Tipa)

The wheel Lands on $600

Cookie Masterson: $600. What consonant letter would you like, Xia?

Puzzle Board:
= Title
-- -------
----- ----
-- ----------
Jackpot: $5,600

The Sphinxy

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:37 am
User Image

"R." Xia replies.

AnimusHelixRebirth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:50 am
Cookie Masterson
Guild Games Revived Host

User Image
Shandris
"Go now and speed well."

Sinclair
Butler (Castle Tipa)

Cookie Masterson: Of course. There's 3 Rs. You're on the board with $1,800 & you get to go again, Xia. What's your next move?

Puzzle Board:
= Title
-- ------R
--R-- ----
-- ---R-----

Xia Round Score: $1,800
*What Cookie said while Shandris reveals the 3 Rs on the puzzle board*
Cookie Masterson: We all witnessed the moment in history when the first letter was turned in Wheel of Fortune's return to Daytime.

The Sphinxy

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:48 am
User Image

"Hmm, T!"

AnimusHelixRebirth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:02 am
Cookie Masterson
Guild Games Revived Host

User Image
Shandris
"Go now and speed well."

Sinclair
Butler (Castle Tipa)

*We see Xia spin the wheel again.*
The Wheel Lands on the Wild Card
User Image

Cookie Masterson: Okay. First, tell me a letter.

*Then after Xia asks for a T*
Cookie Masterson: There's 3 Ts. Pick up that Wild Card too. Here's the thing about that Wild Card, Xia, on your next spin, after you guess a letter correctly, you can use the Wild Card to guess another letter worth the same amount that the wheel landed on or you can save it for if you win the game & reach the Bonus Round without landing on Bankrupt, you can use it to guess an extra constant. More on that later.

= Round 1: Jackpot Round Wheel Layout
Bankrupt
$1,000
$250
$400
$300/Jackpot
$600
$500
$350/Gift Certificate
$450
$600/One Million/Bankrupt
$600
$300
$250
$600
Bankrupt
$400/Double Play
$300/Free Spin (Wedge Version)
$250
Lose a Turn
$600
$500/Surprise
$300
$550
$400

Puzzle Board:
= Title
-- ---T--R
--R-- --T-
-- ---RT-----

Xia Inventory: Wild Card

*What Cookie said while Shandris reveals the 3 Ts on the puzzle board*
Cookie Masterson: You're still at $1,800 & you get to go again, Xia.

The Sphinxy

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

The Sphinxy

Dapper Partier

9,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:59 am
User Image

Xia spins the wheel again.

AnimusHelixRebirth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:47 am
Cookie Masterson
Guild Games Revived Host

User Image
Shandris
"Go now and speed well."

Sinclair
Butler (Castle Tipa)

The Wheel Lands on $400

Cookie Masterson: $400, Xia. Which constant letter do you want?

Puzzle Board:
= Title
-- ---T--R
--R-- --T-
-- ---RT-----
Jackpot: $6,000

Xia Inventory: Wild Card

The Sphinxy

Quote:

CrystBalfast
Captain