Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Other Archives
Blizz vs Horus / Freth vs Silver [Day 3] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:15 pm
(For the sake of avoiding clutter and to facilitate quickness in seeing these matches to their end a separate thread has been made.)

Blizzard's sudden speed certainly took Horus by surprise, the man going wide eyed as he disappeared, the Psychic instinctively reaching out mentally to pinpoint his location but alas the Articuno hybrid was far too fast for even him mental prowess and before he knew it Blizzard's fist was brutally digging its self into his rib cage. Letting out a shocked gasp of pain the Psychic would linger in Blizzard's grip for just a second after receiving the blow before finding the strength in himself to unleash a flash of Confuse Ray from his outstretched wings. In that moment of vulnerability he would flap vigorously and attempt to kick Blizzard off of him and free his arm from his grip.

"We'll see about that." He said in response to Blizzard's comment.

-----

The red haired teen would jump off his Crobat upon landing on the shoreline where Freth awaited them for their battle. He eyed the Roto-drone just over the water, the drone hovering just inside of the Trainer's Eyes dome preventing anyone from taking it. Unfortunately neither of them could pull a fast one and claim it, the Challenger's Band won't allow it during battle. Turning his attention to Freth and her Hitmonchan he gave her a glare.

"My name is Silver. Remember that so you can tell everyone who defeated you. Crobat, use Air Cutter." The trainer ordered.

With a cry his Crobat would begin to flap its wings rapidly, conjuring up numerous S-shaped 'blades' of Flying energy, a flurry of these blades descending upon Hitmonchan, threatening to slice up the Pokemon and dare to even hit its most vulnerable points.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:44 pm
"Gah..." I snapped back when the flash of Confuse Ray caught me, followed up by Horus kicking off in a frantic pace as he did. He knew that he did not want to be anywhere near me if he could help it unless it was him pressing the advantage. That said, that confuse ray...he practically tortured Tristen years ago with that and made him regret it in spades when he tried it on me. Ballsy of him to try that again...though, doesn't feel like much is lingering. It was probably to get me off his case for a second or two. Mission accomplished, I guess. Without saying much in response, I had to press my advantage, charging up an Ice Beam and firing it off towards Horus's direction to chase after him with it. I couldn't give this hybrid much time to breathe, if anything.

-------------

'Silver' rang bells in the back of Freth's mind. While that name had no connotation as far as trainers were concerned like it would her significant other, it did ring true for her past experience of the underworld, a time she left behind. It started to click she was fighting the estranged son of the Team Rocket boss, Giovanni. That was generally all she pretty much knew, however. A detail she wasn't about to bring vocal. She knew that he at the very least tried to make a name for himself years ago in the Pokemon league in Jhoto, but she didn't know what came of it or how he potentially operated. A question better asked to aforementioned significant other. Considering that he is here, now, on Day 3 in this ginormous tournament, after weathering all sorts of potential abuse from all different teams from different regions at the very least, let alone looming over the two of them with what seems to be quite the hardy Crobat should be a testament to his skill.

Freth still by no means liked her chances in this battle...perhaps even less now...

Upon Silver's attack call, Hitmonchan hunkered down as the Air Cutter started to encircle and slice away at the fighting type. Damage was racking up in a extreme hurry, much to both their dismay. "Hitmonchan! Get out of that! Use Thunder Punch!" The Hitmonchan pulled out of the attack and started ducking and weaving, his fists crackling up with electricty, then lunged out to smash the bat with his mighty fists.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:05 pm
Seeing the Ice Beam coming Horus didn't have much time to evade so instead he threw up a Light Screen to mitigated the damage and allow himself to retaliate as he prepared for impact. The beam would pass through the screen of light, however diminishing in size and strength but still, it hurt when it slammed into Horus's crossed arms and boy was it cold. Shaking off the cold sensation from the weakened but still super effective move the Psychic would make a gripping motion with his hands and then flung them upwards, sending rocks from the ground skyrocketing up towards Blizzard from below with Psychic.

He was keeping a close eye on the strange storm that now covered the lake just to their right. Someone summoned forth a Dynamax Pokemon but from what he could see Blizzard's own lover hadn't been caught in it.

-----

With fancy footwork Hitmonchan would make it through the Air Cutter spray and slug Crobat square in the middle of the body, the bat sent flying backwards with a thunderous crackle of electricity. Silver just glared from Hitmonchan to his bat who was now getting up off the ground, looking more annoyed at the Pokemon than concerned for it. Turning back to Hitmonchan, and by proxy Freth, he readied his next command.

"You good? Finally." He somewhat chastised his Pokemon. Hit this, Double Team." With a cry the Crobat would create a ring of copies around the field, six in all, each one of them fluttering in sync with the original, wherever that was. "Acrobatics." Upon command the many Crobats would cry out before reeling back before dive bombing at Hitmonchan, one at a time, flying by to bite at him, do a flip, and then fly off. The process would continue repeatedly until Freth and Hitmonchan did something to stop them or struck the right one.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:04 pm
SubonicXP

Horus was pulling out all the stops; that much was for certain. I also had to keep in mind that he could pull something any time. Experience talked to me about that one about him. As I watched him raise the earth around with his psychic prowess, I was trying to think fast as to deal with it, but suddenly my train of thought derailed, sensing a power spike off in the distance. I started to get worried...I didn't expect that one out of anyone from any opposing team. Dynamax? That was...crap, that was in Tristen's direction.

Quickly I snapped back into the battle here and now with Horus's attack already on its way. I hopped back, hopping off dodging a few chunks of rock at first, but ended up having to quickly blast a couple of others out of the way with quick Ice Beams, but the remainder started to overtake me; nothing I could do.. "GAH!" Apparently he's taken SOMETHING away from Kalana, if nothing else.

Regardless, it started to put pressure on me, not so much with Horus right now, but what was going on back across the lake. Horus was not going to make this easy by any extent of the imagination, but I needed to end this fight now. My whole situation possibly turned for the worst with that. As I managed to get my bearings back, I quickly threw my arm up, summoning icy pillars around the Xatu hybrid to trap Horus. I was getting ready to Ancientpower him.

======================

That Thunderpunch seemed to have done a lot of damage, but of course it wouldn't be that easy to down a Pokemon such as this. Freth noted what seemed to be a passive aggressive remark Silver told his Crobat, leaving her to wonder if that is how he treated the Crobat on a normal day, how on earth did it even evolve? Either way, this got a "Like father, like son" remark out of Freth, albeit sighing it out. For that matter, that doesn't change the matter at hand.

Freth too perked up, noting the Dynamax clouds in the distance, also noting that was in Tristen's direction and started to fear the worst. No one imagined that there was a means to Dynamax all the way out here. Freth then looked back, hearing Silver's commands. Hitmonchan and Freth watched as the Crobat started to make afterimages of itself with its Double Team, then started to go on the assault upon Hitmonchan. There was no way Hitmonchan could hit that bat reliably with it doing such a maneuver. Hitmonchan yelped out as the damage started to rack up in a massive hurry.

Freth did have one idea, risky as it was. "Hitmonchan!" Freth shouted. "Vacuum Wave!"

"Cha!?"

"The ground!"

Hitmonchan didn't have time to question it; he'd have to trust his trainer's judgment. Hitmonchan reared his fist back and in a corkscrew blow like fashion, smashed the ground below him. The attack pushed air out and sucked it right back in near rapid succession, Freth hoping to put the Crobat off balance for one more good swing.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:37 pm
As the pillars of ice began to form around him Horus remained calm and closed his eyes, allowing the pillars to completely encase him and Blizzard proceeding to perform his signature explosion of ice, the finality of the attack. For a brief moment ice and mist just lingers and rained down on the area where Horus once stood but Blizzard would instinctively know that it wasn't this easy, the other hybrid did something, had to have.

His suspicions would be confirmed soon enough as Horus Teleported into existence behind him, coming at him in a flying him in a tackle, the Xatu hybrid looking worse for wear, confirming to Blizzard that he suffered at least some of that Ancient Power. The two would rapidly fall towards the ground, red light glowing around the hands that gripped Blizzard as Horus equalized their stamina with Pain Split.

The pair would hit the ground unceremoniously, the two becoming dislodged as Horus rolled in one direction and Blizzard in the other. Finding himself into something of a stable position on his knees Horus panted heavily and stared at Blizzard, waiting to see what he would do next. The Pain Split might have given him a second wind but this fight was rapidly escalating.

-----

Both Silver and Crobat were baffled by the command by Freth, that is for her Pokemon to target the ground and not any of the Crobat threatening to wittle down her punching fiend. It was only until the ring of Crobat were sent flying backwards and then sucked back in towards Hitmonchan did they realize the genius of the tactic. The Crobat slamming into Hitmonchan, five of them disappearing with a puff but one of them bouncing off of the heavier Pokemon and falling to the ground helplessly, the real one.

With a grunt Silver knew he had to act fast as Crobat struggled to get off the ground and airborne again before Hitmonchan had its way with it. Realizing that wouldn't happen in time he gave the next best command. "Bite down and don't let go! Giga Drain!" Silver called out, Freth detecting just the smallest bit of concern for his Pokemon from the boy. Sometimes that cruel emotionless facade showed cracks.

The bat flailing around at Hitmonchan's feet would cease trying to get airborne again and instead bit right down on the boxer's right leg and clamped down as hard as it could, teeth sinking in as it anchored its self and began to draw out Hitmonchan's very life force.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:20 pm
SubonicXP
As the pillars of ice began to form around him Horus remained calm and closed his eyes, allowing the pillars to completely encase him and Blizzard proceeding to perform his signature explosion of ice, the finality of the attack. For a brief moment ice and mist just lingers and rained down on the area where Horus once stood but Blizzard would instinctively know that it wasn't this easy, the other hybrid did something, had to have.

His suspicions would be confirmed soon enough as Horus Teleported into existence behind him, coming at him in a flying him in a tackle, the Xatu hybrid looking worse for wear, confirming to Blizzard that he suffered at least some of that Ancient Power. The two would rapidly fall towards the ground, red light glowing around the hands that gripped Blizzard as Horus equalized their stamina with Pain Split.

The pair would hit the ground unceremoniously, the two becoming dislodged as Horus rolled in one direction and Blizzard in the other. Finding himself into something of a stable position on his knees Horus panted heavily and stared at Blizzard, waiting to see what he would do next. The Pain Split might have given him a second wind but this fight was rapidly escalating.

-----

Both Silver and Crobat were baffled by the command by Freth, that is for her Pokemon to target the ground and not any of the Crobat threatening to wittle down her punching fiend. It was only until the ring of Crobat were sent flying backwards and then sucked back in towards Hitmonchan did they realize the genius of the tactic. The Crobat slamming into Hitmonchan, five of them disappearing with a puff but one of them bouncing off of the heavier Pokemon and falling to the ground helplessly, the real one.

With a grunt Silver knew he had to act fast as Crobat struggled to get off the ground and airborne again before Hitmonchan had its way with it. Realizing that wouldn't happen in time he gave the next best command. "Bite down and don't let go! Giga Drain!" Silver called out, Freth detecting just the smallest bit of concern for his Pokemon from the boy. Sometimes that cruel emotionless facade showed cracks.

The bat flailing around at Hitmonchan's feet would cease trying to get airborne again and instead bit right down on the boxer's right leg and clamped down as hard as it could, teeth sinking in as it anchored its self and began to draw out Hitmonchan's very life force.

A clinch of the fist and then detonation. A explosion of dust and ice rocked the spot where I summoned the pillars. That...was...in the grand scheme of things too easy, I started to think at first. For Horus? No way that had to have been it. The dust didn't even have to clear, though before I realized something was up. My instincts tripping soon confirmed it. "...blast it..." I said, turning around, only to be greeted by Horus in a hard, flying tackle. We ended up in a hard tumble, Horus holding on to dear life to me while I was quickly trying to get my bearings. The moment I did, I manage to kick off of Horus, tossing him aside for the moment.

Though...in that brief instant...I started to feel achy. That tackle couldn't have done THAT much damage, could it? "Ooooh, that's new..." I said, rolling over on my stomach and started to try to push myself up. A pain right in my ribs started to make itself known, followed by some bothersome aches elsewhere. Where did that come from? He never had the opportunity to do this kind of damage. Did he just Power Swap me? No, that's not right. He didn't even have that kind of time to do that. For that matter, I don't feel any weaker in the whole cranking out ice beams sense...just...I'm hurting somehow; quite a bit in fact. From what though?

Horus apparently was back on his feet relatively quickly. In fact, he probably landed on his feet pretty gracefully if I had to warrant a guess. I could have sworn that in that second that he came after me, he was a lot more worse for wear than that. Is he capable of Pain Split? Its the only thing that makes any degree of sense to me. The pain in the ribs was generally where I landed that hard shot in his ribs earlier. The aches elsewhere, he probably deliberately took a fair bit of that Ancientpower attack before he came after me. Did he always know how to do that? Was that something he learned over the past few years? Worse still, is he trying to stall me now or is he resigned he is going to lose this and is trying to set me up for someone to finish me off? He probably knows Snagem couldn't afford to lose one of their major hitters. Either way, now I really need to end this fight. "So...you can teach an old bird new tricks after all...okay, we're done here."

I pushed myself up and started to go after Horus once more. One thing was clear, the longer I mess with Horus, the more he's going to put me in a bind and after that stunt he pulled, I couldn't afford any more mistakes. With wings spread wide, I lead off unleashing the chilling gale of a Blizzard attack towards the Xatu hybrid.

============

Silver and the Crobat apparently realized this was a desperate ploy and a desperate move was made in kind. As the Crobat chomped down, Hitmonchan yelped, trying to flail off the Crobat as his energy started to drain. "Hitmonchan!" Freth called out, knowing this was essentially a last hurrah. "Get him off of you! Quickly!" Hitmonchan flailed a bit harder, what he could muster until he finally jerked himself out of the Crobat's clutches.

"Now! Ice Punch!" Freth shouted.

In one hard motion, his body twisting, putting every bit of weight he could behind the blow, his mighty iron fist frosting up. "Hit! MON! CHAN!" Hitmonchan shouted, drilling the icy haymaker right into the bat; the fighting type's last hurrah in this battle.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:41 pm
With little else to pull out to save himself or fight back and his strength greatly diminished Horus did the only thing he could think of and threw up the biggest Light Screen he could conjure up, both hands extended outwards as the wall of energy formed in front of him. The icy gale washed over the protective shield and yet Horus could feel its chilly gripe very well. Grunting in pain he found it in himself to conjure up a second screen in hopes of mitigating the damage further and yet the Blizzard just kept coming. Things were looking grime for him, he didn't know how much longer he could hold this up and knew good and well Blizzard could keep going longer than he could. This was a losing game for him.

-----

The Ice Punch would connect with the defenseless bat in all its chilling fury, the punch sending the frost ridden Crobat flying and landing at Silver's feet, knocked out cold (pardon the pun). Silver would look down at the bat and again, for just a brief moment, Freth could see the concern and worry in the boy's eyes but as he recalled the Pokemon that glimmer of light was quickly squashed and the typical scowl of Silver's reappeared on his face.

"I hope you have more than just that ragged thing, cause I do." Silver declared as he tossed out a Great Ball and released Magneton contained inside. "Finish it off, Thunderbolt." He declared plainly, the magnet Pokemon letting out a metallic cry before unleashing a bolt of electricity upon Hitmonchan.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:57 pm
SubonicXP
With little else to pull out to save himself or fight back and his strength greatly diminished Horus did the only thing he could think of and threw up the biggest Light Screen he could conjure up, both hands extended outwards as the wall of energy formed in front of him. The icy gale washed over the protective shield and yet Horus could feel its chilly gripe very well. Grunting in pain he found it in himself to conjure up a second screen in hopes of mitigating the damage further and yet the Blizzard just kept coming. Things were looking grime for him, he didn't know how much longer he could hold this up and knew good and well Blizzard could keep going longer than he could. This was a losing game for him.

As Blizz bore down on Horus' Light Screen, staring down the foe cowering behind the shield in front of him it looked like the highly reflective surface was about to shatter. The Articuno hybrid could see the face of his cowering opponent behind the wall and know that his Blizzard was about to smash through the wall with ease. All of a sudden, all at once, he would find his mind... wandering. His brain... fogging. It would feel as though his mental procedures had thoroughly been wrapped in a damp cotton cloth, slowly beginning to suffocate any sort of resistance to any sort of mental action other than sleep.

In the reflection of the Light Screen, if he was able to find the mental acuity to take notice, was a pair of deep blue slit-like eyes with horned plumage around them, located directly over his right shoulder. Every few moments they would pulse bright red, sending another somniferous wave of energy out across the arena, off the screen, and directly back into the Snagem's unwitting eyes. In the same reflection came the wicked gleam of a sharp azure blade raising itself skyward, the lethal purpose clear to Horus if not to its intended target.  

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:36 pm
In that moment, time seemed to have started to slow down to me. I could see Horus losing ground fast; that moment of comprehension on him that he was biting off well more than he could chew. I seen that face before...it was like back in Challengers Cave, my final couple of seconds in my final battle with him in that lone cave in Unova, the ice beam that rang throughout the cavern to put him down and out of that competition. But...this feeling...this was different...this wasn't me on an adrenaline high, or going on high alert in a high pressure situation, or any of the sort...I felt...sluggish sort of. It was hard to describe, but it didn't feel right at all. Did Horus Power Swap me after all? No...that still wasn't it. Horus was looking too dire, perhaps resigned to his fate in this battle.

I then took notice to an image as I got closer to Horus's protective barrier. I could discern me, but...there was something there. Something else here. Someone. I didn't know what it was going on. I started to make out that azure gleam...I couldn't tell what that was. I was compelled to look behind me. My instincts finally registering that there was something else here amongst the chaos. Turn around, I could only think to myself. Turn, blast it. Turn!

I ceased the advance on Horus, and by extension the Blizzard attack, perhaps to the Xatu hybrid's relief, but as I turned as fast as I could, I would be greeted by whatever, whoever it was, coming for me.

==========

Freth was astounded that Hitmonchan managed to pull off the upset of perhaps the entire century. However, the victory was short lived. Silver brought out a Magneton with the intention on putting away Hitmonchan. Freth lamented that this thing wasn't out first; it would have made the perfect drain punch victim to bring Hitmonchan somewhat back up to parity. Right now, its a miracle the fighting type was still standing. Though, the standing part changed once the electrical attack was unleashed.

"Hitmonchan!" Freth shouted. There was no way Hitmonchan could stand up to that. Freth watched Hitmonchan's arms drop down to his side then flop on the ground. The boxer had finally hit the mat. Hitmonchan went well and beyond the call of duty; making Freth feel guilty for putting this kind of pressure on him. From taking on a insane Sandshrew as a Tyrogue and evolving from the battle soon afterwards, helping to arrange negotiations with Team Alola by plowing through defending Pokemon, and subsequently defending those Pokemon from other teams, then now the Crobat against all odds. Freth couldn't complain at all.

Freth recalled the Hitmonchan back to his Pokeball then brought out the Safari ball, the one that contained Cufant. Yes, she did have more than Hitmonchan. Bad news was, this one was more ragged than how Hitmonchan started off in this battle. "Cufant!" Freth called out. The ball hit the ground and out came the Cufant. It trumpeted out, but it wasn't with anything resembling enthusiasm or readiness. Cufant was still banged up from its earlier battle with Hitmonchan trying to make him submit to the Safari Ball, and though it had some time to recuperate in the Safari ball from then, it was negligible at best. All she hoped to do was to do some damage.

"Cufant, I know you're tired and I have a lot of gall asking for your help now, but I got a lot going on now and I need whatever you can spare." Freth said. "Cufant! Bulldoze!" She shouted.

The Cufant, squealing out, reared back, bringing its front legs up, then back down as hard as it could, the ground shaking, the earth flying up to rock the Magneton.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:28 pm
Horus say them before Blizzard, largely thanks to his direct eyesight, his telepathy failing to alert him earlier thanks to Blizzard's assault. This individual's intent was clear from the moment Horus set his eyes on them, the weapon raised serving one purpose and one only. In that moment a vision was visited upon Horus. It was Blizzard, dead, skewered by that sword, Horus himself sitting right here on the ground looking on in horror as his rival was cut down. It wasn't often Horus had such vivid sights into the future but this one was the most clear of all to him.

Blizzard may be his greatest rival but never would he wish mortal harm upon the Cold One. He had to stop this event-to-be, he had to alter Blizzard's future, or rather give him one. As soon as Blizzard ceased his attack and turned the Xatu hybrid would find in himself a burst of adrenaline, summoning forth strength deep within himself reserved only for such a situation like this, like when a mother finds it in herself to lift a heavy object to save their child.

Teleporting into existence between Blizzard and the sword wielder Horus would utilize every once of Psychic power he had to telekinetically freeze the sword in place, sparing Blizzard from what motion the blade was about to make. "Run!" He screamed to the hybrid behind him before he let his psychic hold on the sword go and began to unleash a flurry of psychic fueled punches and kicks at the stranger, bursts of invisible psychic energy being thrown at the stranger with each swing. He put everything he had into his assault, each blow making an audible sound as he broke the sound barrier each time.

-----

Magneton let out a buzzing cry as the dirt and rocks were flung up from underneath it, the Bulldoze delivering a terribly super effective attack. Silver scowled for a bit before finally deciding on his next course of action. "You're annoying. Magneton, Thunder Wave." The boy ordered.

With a chime the three bodies would begin to give off quick zaps of electricity, the small bolts flying straight for Cufant, threatening to make its little muscles seize up and not cooperate with it.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:47 pm
SubonicXP
Horus say them before Blizzard, largely thanks to his direct eyesight, his telepathy failing to alert him earlier thanks to Blizzard's assault. This individual's intent was clear from the moment Horus set his eyes on them, the weapon raised serving one purpose and one only. In that moment a vision was visited upon Horus. It was Blizzard, dead, skewered by that sword, Horus himself sitting right here on the ground looking on in horror as his rival was cut down. It wasn't often Horus had such vivid sights into the future but this one was the most clear of all to him.

Blizzard may be his greatest rival but never would he wish mortal harm upon the Cold One. He had to stop this event-to-be, he had to alter Blizzard's future, or rather give him one. As soon as Blizzard ceased his attack and turned the Xatu hybrid would find in himself a burst of adrenaline, summoning forth strength deep within himself reserved only for such a situation like this, like when a mother finds it in herself to lift a heavy object to save their child.

Teleporting into existence between Blizzard and the sword wielder Horus would utilize every once of Psychic power he had to telekinetically freeze the sword in place, sparing Blizzard from what motion the blade was about to make. "Run!" He screamed to the hybrid behind him before he let his psychic hold on the sword go and began to unleash a flurry of psychic fueled punches and kicks at the stranger, bursts of invisible psychic energy being thrown at the stranger with each swing. He put everything he had into his assault, each blow making an audible sound as he broke the sound barrier each time.

The stranger in question levels a sword that appeared to be a massive icicle of sorts almost, dark blue and sharp like the cold on a frosty winter's night. A keen-eyed observer could have noticed a spiderweb of recently-resolidified cracks running through it but there was barely time to see it before the wielder moved into action. The hybrid holding the sword flourished it expertly, the horned plumage above their icy-blue eyes swiveling lightly as they brushed aside each of the blows sent their way before opening those same eyes wide. A flash of purple energy burst forth, shooting out to cover the Xatu hybrid and simultaneously encase him in a rigid permafrost shell. One threat neutralized, in this person's mind, the hybrid raised its gaze to look over at the real reason it had come here.

"Target number one-hundred twenty engaged." The person chirped, after depressing some kind of communicator located in their ear with a pair of fingers. To Blizz, from his position, it would be sort of like looking in a mirror, albeit a very distorted one. It appeared to be some kind of Articuno hybrid, though the color on the plumage he could see was all wrong - a near-violet hue spread across the exposed feathers compared to his own dark blue. His coat more closely matched the enormous (and familiar, in the back of his mind) icy-looking blade hefted in the figure's left hand. The voice that had spoken was very clearly a female's voice, despite having a deep and weary rasp to it that indicated a general tiredness with the world at large. Clad in an odd white and teal jumpsuit with various lines of black cybernetics, she cut quite the figure as she advanced towards where he still stood.

Raising her right arm, the opposite one carrying the sword, the Snagem would notice that it was covered in a metallic sling of sorts, though it didn't appear to be to keep the arm from injury. Dark blue metal turned into a thin web of the same material at the wrist that looped up over her hand, forming a triangle in the center of her palm around an old flesh wound. The triangle and wound flashed grimly blue-black for an instant and Blizz would feel his body begin to constrict, his limbs and wings held tight to himself like an invisible set of iron bands around his appendages and in the depths of his muscles he would feel something he hadn't felt in ages. Cold. A deep dark cold beyond the reaches of anything on planet earth, matched perhaps only in the endlessness of the black void of space.

She approached confidently, as if she had done this hundreds of times before. Putting two hands to the pommel of her massive icy claymore once in striking distance she heaved the thing again up and over and down towards Blizzard's skull matter-of-factly, the same way you might crack an over-ripe coconut.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:08 pm
Horus's intervention pushed me back quite a bit, giving me some distance, allowing me to try to come back to my senses from whatever it was that was screwing with me just only a mere couple of seconds ago. The noise of battle, albeit brief was instantly silenced. I managed to push myself up, getting up to one knee, only for some weird force constricted me where I was. I nearly fell back over from it. I couldn't move. looked up, Horus was down. The woman, I...who the hell was this? Was she honestly trying to kill me? Like right out of the blue? For what? I don't even know her! Was this a new threat that Snagem has to deal with? Too many questions and with me tied with whatever this was...she was honestly going to have the easiest wet job in virtually the history of the world here! Wait...what was...

I took notice to the blade as she started to walk towards me, ready to execute me where I struggled against the bindings. The near scimitar like shape, fashioned deceptively like the ice it seems to depict. The blade...reforged, and...while the power contained within was no where near as it was at its prime, it was more than enough to do me in with relative ease, execution style or not. There was no mistaking it. "Hinterbane?" I said, mainly to myself. That thing was in two pieces, in a case in my bedroom back at headquarters. Snapped in two post a fierce battle between me and Celcius. The sword, an artifact of old, which stories stated the very blade itself housed the will of an Articuno and could siphon the very cold out of virtually anything it struck and use that cold to hone its edge. I left the blade in that case, for if that story was true, the Articuno deserved its rest, its duty fulfilled well beyond the call. She...took it...invaded what was essentially my second home...she knew what she was doing...

This encounter was not going to go typical for this unknown hybrid...

I started to struggle harder, the webbing started to strain. "Like hell..." I growled out. The web started to strain, creak from the surge of strength and fury that was starting to oppose it. As the hybrid came down, the bindings snapped, I thrust my arm up, catching her by the sword arm, the wrist to be exact. First order of business, get her the hell off of me. With the free hand, I charged an Ice Beam, and aimed it right for her torso, blasting her away.

==========

Freth went wide eyed; that was the last thing she needed to happen. It was bad enough that Cufant was in poor shape as is, but now this makes her loss nearly 100% assured. The Cufant whined out, its knees buckled if albeit briefly before it managed to get back up. Paralysis was a cruel mistress. Freth had no idea how to get out of this one other than hope for the best. "Cufant, can you try another Bulldoze?" The Cufant tried to pick itself back as it did before, but the paralysis refused to relent on the Pokemon. Freth gave a slight sigh out, a sigh of resignment. She did what she could...it'd be up to the other Snagems now.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:07 pm
Blizzard120
Horus's intervention pushed me back quite a bit, giving me some distance, allowing me to try to come back to my senses from whatever it was that was screwing with me just only a mere couple of seconds ago. The noise of battle, albeit brief was instantly silenced. I managed to push myself up, getting up to one knee, only for some weird force constricted me where I was. I nearly fell back over from it. I couldn't move. looked up, Horus was down. The woman, I...who the hell was this? Was she honestly trying to kill me? Like right out of the blue? For what? I don't even know her! Was this a new threat that Snagem has to deal with? Too many questions and with me tied with whatever this was...she was honestly going to have the easiest wet job in virtually the history of the world here! Wait...what was...

I took notice to the blade as she started to walk towards me, ready to execute me where I struggled against the bindings. The near scimitar like shape, fashioned deceptively like the ice it seems to depict. The blade...reforged, and...while the power contained within was no where near as it was at its prime, it was more than enough to do me in with relative ease, execution style or not. There was no mistaking it. "Hinterbane?" I said, mainly to myself. That thing was in two pieces, in a case in my bedroom back at headquarters. Snapped in two post a fierce battle between me and Celcius. The sword, an artifact of old, which stories stated the very blade itself housed the will of an Articuno and could siphon the very cold out of virtually anything it struck and use that cold to hone its edge. I left the blade in that case, for if that story was true, the Articuno deserved its rest, its duty fulfilled well beyond the call. She...took it...invaded what was essentially my second home...she knew what she was doing...

This encounter was not going to go typical for this unknown hybrid...

I started to struggle harder, the webbing started to strain. "Like hell..." I growled out. The web started to strain, creak from the surge of strength and fury that was starting to oppose it. As the hybrid came down, the bindings snapped, I thrust my arm up, catching her by the sword arm, the wrist to be exact. First order of business, get her the hell off of me. With the free hand, I charged an Ice Beam, and aimed it right for her torso, blasting her away.

Sweeping her amethyst wings to blunt the brunt of the incoming Ice Beam, the assailant skillfully parried the shot as she was pushed back by the force of the attack. Hinterbane greedily gobbled up the blast, and although she had clearly surprised the Kanto Articuno hybrid, the black-horned eyes showed no sign of mirth or vengeance or... any kind of strong emotion really. Her empty hand went to her ear again. "Target is resisting. Hold for ETA on evac." Her purple wings fluttered back into place behind her back as she swiveled the sword's weight around and up into a position in front of her, easily managing the blade's weight with one hand. She feinted a big swing towards Blizz's midsection, but assuming he reacted to the attack in the way she expected she dropped low, placing a palm on the ground to raise a familiar-looking pillar of rock in the Articuno hybrid's face right where his defense was and detonate it immediately after with a clench of her free hand. Being on the other side of Ancientpower for once might not be as fun.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:39 pm
Atlantis_Darts
Sweeping her amethyst wings to blunt the brunt of the incoming Ice Beam, the assailant skillfully parried the shot as she was pushed back by the force of the attack. Hinterbane greedily gobbled up the blast, and although she had clearly surprised the Kanto Articuno hybrid, the black-horned eyes showed no sign of mirth or vengeance or... any kind of strong emotion really. Her empty hand went to her ear again. "Target is resisting. Hold for ETA on evac." Her purple wings fluttered back into place behind her back as she swiveled the sword's weight around and up into a position in front of her, easily managing the blade's weight with one hand. She feinted a big swing towards Blizz's midsection, but assuming he reacted to the attack in the way she expected she dropped low, placing a palm on the ground to raise a familiar-looking pillar of rock in the Articuno hybrid's face right where his defense was and detonate it immediately after with a clench of her free hand. Being on the other side of Ancientpower for once might not be as fun.

It only took that parry for me to realize that this was going to be tougher than I realize. That was a point blank shot; the reaction time would have been uncanny, something that I've only rarely done and even then they were nothing short of miracles each time. That still doesn't answer the question of who the hell is she? Worse still, with her using Hinterbane, the more she counters my Ice attacks with it, the deeper that thing is going to cut should she hit me with that. Eventually, what would be otherwise a graze probably could potentially be a death sentence. God...is this what its like to be Kess when she was gimped by Tristen?

Either way, I couldn't hang back. I needed questions answered now and she pissed me off with how she stole something rather dear to me. As I went after her she came after me. I was taking note to the sword; mindful trying not to get cut by that thing. When she came with the mighty swing, I went to adjust, ready to counter, but then I went wide eyed. It was a feint. I couldn't course correct in time. Too much momentum in what I was doing. I then bumped into a solid pillar right behind me. "Wha-" More encircled, entrapping me. "Oh sh-!"

The explosion rocked the field. From the dust, I darted out of it, getting distance in a really big hurry, then quickly turned around, trying to square off with her again but then dropped to one knee once again. An Ancientpower attack. I couldn't believe it. Freakin' hell, and in the fashion that I tend to do it too. And worse...unlike most of my victims, I had a double-whammy of a weakness to it. "So...that's what its like...augh..." I said, cringing a bit. Not the way I wanted to experience it, that's for certain.

Right at the moment, my only solace is that I am glad right now that Horus didn't Power Swap me during our battle because I am more than certain I'd be dead long before now if he had. This...woman...this Articuno hybrid, I guess? She was no joke. I couldn't really afford to hold back either; there may be the possibility that I wouldn't be able to get any questions answered and those questions probably won't come if I'm dead. I need to at least disarm her; get Hinterbane away from her, then the beat down can ensue.

I managed to get back on my feet, if she at the very least could sense pressures like I could, then this might be a little hard on her. I spread my wings out and out came a chilling Mist, fogging up the area about, its very presence covering visibility and spread my influence out, making it seem like I was all over the place. I needed my tracks covered for at least a couple of seconds.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:03 pm
Blizzard120

It only took that parry for me to realize that this was going to be tougher than I realize. That was a point blank shot; the reaction time would have been uncanny, something that I've only rarely done and even then they were nothing short of miracles each time. That still doesn't answer the question of who the hell is she? Worse still, with her using Hinterbane, the more she counters my Ice attacks with it, the deeper that thing is going to cut should she hit me with that. Eventually, what would be otherwise a graze probably could potentially be a death sentence. God...is this what its like to be Kess when she was gimped by Tristen?

Either way, I couldn't hang back. I needed questions answered now and she pissed me off with how she stole something rather dear to me. As I went after her she came after me. I was taking note to the sword; mindful trying not to get cut by that thing. When she came with the mighty swing, I went to adjust, ready to counter, but then I went wide eyed. It was a feint. I couldn't course correct in time. Too much momentum in what I was doing. I then bumped into a solid pillar right behind me. "Wha-" More encircled, entrapping me. "Oh sh-!"

The explosion rocked the field. From the dust, I darted out of it, getting distance in a really big hurry, then quickly turned around, trying to square off with her again but then dropped to one knee once again. An Ancientpower attack. I couldn't believe it. Freakin' hell, and in the fashion that I tend to do it too. And worse...unlike most of my victims, I had a double-whammy of a weakness to it. "So...that's what its like...augh..." I said, cringing a bit. Not the way I wanted to experience it, that's for certain.

Right at the moment, my only solace is that I am glad right now that Horus didn't Power Swap me during our battle because I am more than certain I'd be dead long before now if he had. This...woman...this Articuno hybrid, I guess? She was no joke. I couldn't really afford to hold back either; there may be the possibility that I wouldn't be able to get any questions answered and those questions probably won't come if I'm dead. I need to at least disarm her; get Hinterbane away from her, then the beat down can ensue.

I managed to get back on my feet, if she at the very least could sense pressures like I could, then this might be a little hard on her. I spread my wings out and out came a chilling Mist, fogging up the area about, its very presence covering visibility and spread my influence out, making it seem like I was all over the place. I needed my tracks covered for at least a couple of seconds.

And the Mist was a well-designed ploy that had worked well for Blizz several times in the past, probably against other Articuno hybrids even. But as he was to discover, this particular Articuno had an uncanny... knack of knowing exactly where he was somehow despite the vision blurring fog, almost like she was reading his mind somehow. She strikes mercilessly at where she could sense he was, the first cut of the battle coming as she struck one of his wings with the sword, the edge of the blade biting deep into the fleshy appendage, with the intent of leaving him no chance to escape.

"Come quietly." She says, a small tinge of sadness in her voice for the first time. "I thought someone like you might welcome what I'm doing now. This is your chance to save the world." She twists he sword, driving Blizz face-first down into the ground with it pierced through his wing, driving it point-first through the wing and into the earth.  
Other Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff