Submit

I remember you?
  Yes
  Who are you?
View Results

cool4

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:03 pm
It's been several years, but I managed to get a new computer and remembered my login.

Hello everyone.

Who remembers me?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:34 am
Hiiiiiiii!  

SuicidalSkittles
Crew

Rainbow Witch

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:39 am
Good memory here, so, obviously I remember you.
I wasn't sure what had happened to you, as many people come and go, I had just assumed that you like many others have just left the site.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:53 am
I mostly got caught up on life, I was working a job with a 2 hour commute both ways, and it left me no time for anything else. Then my laptop has been broken for a few years, so going online was just not going to happen. I've fixed that problem.

I got a new job closer to where I live, got married, otherwise things are pretty much the same.

Not sure if I'm sticking around, but I can be around for a little bit.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:25 pm
I vaguely remember seeing your username before. xd

Congrats on the job closer to your home and the marriage. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:33 am
A 2 hour commute is rough, that's 12 hours of your day eaten up just with work. laptop breaking is a bit of a breaker for a lot of online things, I know that gaia works on phones, but, it's a bit limiting.
getting married is a big life change, congratulations on that.

A lot of the time people will just sort of, disappear and one often wonders how they are when it's been awhile.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

cool4

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:40 pm
wellwisher
A 2 hour commute is rough, that's 12 hours of your day eaten up just with work. laptop breaking is a bit of a breaker for a lot of online things, I know that gaia works on phones, but, it's a bit limiting.
getting married is a big life change, congratulations on that.

A lot of the time people will just sort of, disappear and one often wonders how they are when it's been awhile.

I know what happened to a lot of the people that I knew in person that were on here, since I can still keep in touch with some of them.

But I also remember I left sometime around getting 10 announcements a day about a new pay to win item, and based on inflation that seems like a state of affairs still.

How has everyone held up with the pandemic? We're headed into the second shutdown of indoor dining, though it also doesn't affect us because we stopped eating at any restaurants, takeout, delivery, after my Birthday last February.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:06 am
cool4
I know what happened to a lot of the people that I knew in person that were on here, since I can still keep in touch with some of them.

But I also remember I left sometime around getting 10 announcements a day about a new pay to win item, and based on inflation that seems like a state of affairs still.

How has everyone held up with the pandemic? We're headed into the second shutdown of indoor dining, though it also doesn't affect us because we stopped eating at any restaurants, takeout, delivery, after my Birthday last February.
I keep tabs on a few friends, but I've mostly migrated to Discord.
Yeah, I don't keep track of the announcements, I think it's gone down a little, but only a little. did you leave back when gaia was still being run by the company or when lanzer came back? he's cleaned things up a little. The inflation has gotten better, it's not as wildly out of control. I doubt things will ever go back to the old way, the amount of currency injected into the system won't really allow for that to be fixed unless they very aggressively place platinum and gold sinks. and not everyone has enough platinum to handle the amount of sinks that would be required.

I've gotten my second shot about a month ago so I'm basically immunized. minnesota isn't doing too great compared to a lot of states, but we've had other social problems.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

cool4

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:15 pm
wellwisher
cool4

I keep tabs on a few friends, but I've mostly migrated to Discord.
Yeah, I don't keep track of the announcements, I think it's gone down a little, but only a little. did you leave back when gaia was still being run by the company or when lanzer came back? he's cleaned things up a little. The inflation has gotten better, it's not as wildly out of control. I doubt things will ever go back to the old way, the amount of currency injected into the system won't really allow for that to be fixed unless they very aggressively place platinum and gold sinks. and not everyone has enough platinum to handle the amount of sinks that would be required.

I've gotten my second shot about a month ago so I'm basically immunized. minnesota isn't doing too great compared to a lot of states, but we've had other social problems.

I think it was being run by the company, or lanzer had just come back, but I also noticed they decided to not do anything about the flash content. I work in flash to html5 migration, so I know it's not impossible.

The US is far ahead in vaccination, we're letting 65 year old's book their appointments, and people over 55 who are willing to take the AZ vaccine can go to the pharmacy in specific regions.

We're on the bottom of the list, so maybe June for a first dose depending on what happens in the next few months.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:55 am
cool4

I've been doing fairly good. Been keeping myself busy between working and either working my way through my TBR book pile, watching friends' Twitch streams, or marathoning various shows. I miss getting to spend time with my friends and looking forward to the day we can do that again.

When the pandemic started I was furloughed from the movie theater; back then they thought it would be over in a few months and it would be able to reopen. sweatdrop After a half year passed with no indications on a true reopening and getting offered more hours at my other job at the assisted living, I decided to just leave the movie theater. If there is anything I can thank the pandemic for, it's allowing me a clean break from the theater. I had been wanting to leave it for several years but each time I thought "Okay, this is it" something at the theater would happen and I would feel guilty of thinking about leaving. whee I'm so thankful for my job at the assisted living to bring money in... and allowed me to have easy access to getting the vaccine too.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Anaya the Bee

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:30 pm
In our state movie theaters are still closed to this day since the pandemic began last March of 2020. Same with bowling alleys and family fun centers. We just barely allowed indoor dining again in our county since we’re not red anymore. But for majority of pandemic all our restaurants either had to do
either take out, to go, drive thru, or delivery. No indoor dining at all in our state until about a couple weeks ago.

We went on trip to nearby Arizona and they don’t have like any restrictions on their dining. We ate at Texas Roadhouse and it was like crowded to capacity. New Mexico would never look like that, but I see millions of cars at the casual dining chain places here (Applebee’s chili’s”)so I think they are not following capacity rules.

My state is New Mexico in case no one knows.

The hotel I work at the pool has been closed since pandemic began. No pools open either. The hotel we stayed at in Arizona their pool was open.

Plus we have sharia law where masks must be worn at all times in public places and outdoors, all the time. Arizona people don’t have to wear masks outside, just indoors like in stores in stuff. It’s stupid how COVID situation varies from state to state. Why don’t we have a federal COVID restrictions in place? Cuz our gov is weak. Leave it up to the states. Plus I’m vaccinated got my second shot yesterday.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:48 pm
Anaya the Bee
In our state movie theaters are still closed to this day since the pandemic began last March of 2020. Same with bowling alleys and family fun centers. We just barely allowed indoor dining again in our county since we’re not red anymore. But for majority of pandemic all our restaurants either had to do
either take out, to go, drive thru, or delivery. No indoor dining at all in our state until about a couple weeks ago.

We went on trip to nearby Arizona and they don’t have like any restrictions on their dining. We ate at Texas Roadhouse and it was like crowded to capacity. New Mexico would never look like that, but I see millions of cars at the casual dining chain places here (Applebee’s chili’s”)so I think they are not following capacity rules.

The hotel I work at the pool has been closed since pandemic began. No pools open either. The hotel we stayed at in Arizona their pool was open.

Plus we have sharia law where masks must be worn at all times in public places and outdoors, all the time. Arizona people don’t have to wear masks outside, just indoors like in stores in stuff. It’s stupid how COVID situation varies from state to state. Why don’t we have a federal COVID restrictions in place? Cuz our gov is weak. Leave it up to the states. Plus I’m vaccinated got my second shot yesterday.

Mask are only required in indoor public spaces here, pools are open but you have to book a time to use a lane, Indoor dining just closed but you can eat on a patio.

Vaccines are still slow going and they're doing it by age, so people working aren't getting vaccinated unless they are in health care.

Taxes still suck.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:08 pm
Anaya the Bee

In Washington and Oregon, masks must be worn at all times in public places ((you can take them off when eating/drinking but put back on when done)) and outdoors if you are unable to maintain social distancing from others (i.e. walking on trails and have to pass other people).  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:06 pm
First I'm gonna say that I have a pretty s**t memory. So I don't think I remember you. If you happen to remember me I used to go by Bikki Kobayashi before I would eventually abandon that name.

As for how things are with me while in this pandemic I guess things are okay. Though honestly there hasn't too much change aside from the fact I'd have to wear a mask when going out. Been unemployed since 2019. Though it was a little hard at first being unable to go to many of the stores I would have liked.

Though restrictions are much more relaxed now. In fact, I'm now fully vaccinated and I'll be able to go to some places without a mask. That'll be nice.

I will admit that I'm a bit bitter about the situation happening currently with scalpers taking all the pokemon cards. Since my collection had gone missing and I pretty much had to start over.

On the plus side, I'm getting a new Vita. Sadly the one I had before had gone missing.  

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:25 am
cool4
I mostly got caught up on life, I was working a job with a 2 hour commute both ways, and it left me no time for anything else. Then my laptop has been broken for a few years, so going online was just not going to happen. I've fixed that problem.

I got a new job closer to where I live, got married, otherwise things are pretty much the same.

Not sure if I'm sticking around, but I can be around for a little bit.

Yikes. That commute sounds untolerable! What work were you doing to have to go so far?

Congrats on your marriage! biggrin  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces