Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Museum (Archives)
July Village Founder's Festival ideas Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:00 pm
Well, every year we have been doing a Founder's Day Festival, actually two, one around the first of July when I took the guild and made it into Our Village, and one in November when the guild was originally started.

Last November Darkness and Wings ran a Harvest Festival single-handed, you can see the various threads she made in the Village Museum sub-forum to get a taste of it.

Last July the theme was Christmas in July.

November of 2019 it was the first one, Founder's Day Festival.

For this July I'd like to introduce the idea of a MVP kind of award for the person/people with the most raffle entries for the year in the November event.

I also got an idea for a short writing contest that my daughter told me about: write a short story (no more than 300 or so words) using a character from one show, an object from another show, and a setting from a third show. For example, a story using Sherlock Holmes, the Ring (from the Hobbit), in the Tardis (from Dr. Who).  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:02 pm
Darkness and Wings

Blizzard Rose

Ideas needed for theme, other stuff to do, do we want separate threads or one thread with all the fun in one, and what should we call the Grand Raffle Award?  

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

White Mage Rose

Feral Kitten

9,975 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:50 pm
i would need to know what themes would be best in order to make a clear idea for myself ... i have alot going on IRL so i need some help ...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:18 pm
a whose who thread to get a go introduction of who everyone is in the guild ?  

White Mage Rose

Feral Kitten

9,975 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Waffles! 25

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:55 pm
Blizzard Rose

What a great idea! emotion_hug  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:31 am
JoyRose
Blizzard Rose

What a great idea! emotion_hug

kinda like a profile or something but its telling about your real life self ... does that make sense ?  

White Mage Rose

Feral Kitten

9,975 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Waffles! 25

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:35 am
It can't be too personal though as to jeopardize identification. Stuff like top 3 hobbies is okay, most hated thing in the world, favorite thing in the world, general stuff like that is okay.

I like the story idea too.

Another thing we can do is an I wish thread where we describe what we wanna see more of either in the guild or in real life for the whole year until this thing comes around. And then we see when next July comes whether we got our wish granted. See who has the fairies on their side sort of deal. Tintin's post about fairies gave me this idea.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:38 am
empress dee
It can't be too personal though as to jeopardize identification. Stuff like top 3 hobbies is okay, most hated thing in the world, favorite thing in the world, general stuff like that is okay.

Another thing we can do is an I wish thread where we describe what we wanna see more of either in the guild or in real life for the whole year until this thing comes around. And then we see when next July comes whether we got our wish granted. See who has the fairies on their side sort of deal. Tintin's post about fairies gave me this idea.

This is going to be fun!  

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

White Mage Rose

Feral Kitten

9,975 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:04 pm
JoyRose
empress dee

This is going to be fun!

well i dont see nothing wrong with the idea that i had though ??  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:46 pm
Blizzard Rose
:empress dee"

It's a great idea. These all rock and are really NEW ideas, too. I think we'll have a very interesting and fun event!  

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

White Mage Rose

Feral Kitten

9,975 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:26 am
JoyRose
Blizzard Rose

It's a great idea. These all rock and are really NEW ideas, too. I think we'll have a very interesting and fun event!

maybe we could do them all ? just do different threads for each ?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:11 am
Blizzard Rose
JoyRose
Blizzard Rose

maybe we could do them all ? just do different threads for each ?

My thoughts too!  

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:28 pm
So thread ideas so far:

Announce MVP kind of award for the person/people with the most raffle entries for the year in the November event. (title to be determined: maybe Most Venerated Villager or Outstanding Villager?)

Short writing contest: write a short story (no more than 300 or so words) using a character from one show, an object from another show, and a setting from a third show. For example, a story using Sherlock Holmes, the Ring (from the Hobbit), in the Tardis (from Dr. Who).

Wishing Well - real life or in the guild wishes

Introductions to Villagers (survey? quiz? other format?) about real life hobbies, favorite media/books/movies/shows/etc., pets, music, and so on.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:00 pm
JoyRose
So thread ideas so far:

Announce MVP kind of award for the person/people with the most raffle entries for the year in the November event. (title to be determined: maybe Most Venerated Villager or Outstanding Villager?)

Short writing contest: write a short story (no more than 300 or so words) using a character from one show, an object from another show, and a setting from a third show. For example, a story using Sherlock Holmes, the Ring (from the Hobbit), in the Tardis (from Dr. Who).

Wishing Well - real life or in the guild wishes

Introductions to Villagers (survey? quiz? other format?) about real life hobbies, favorite media/books/movies/shows/etc., pets, music, and so on.
Definitely great, i do agree on the personal stuff though. it's too easy to share something that seems okay, but is actually a security question like 'dogs name', or where we grew up.  

Darkness and Wings

Darkness and Wings

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:01 pm
I'm swamped but I can do a contest or game  
Village Museum (Archives)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items