[PLOT] Workin' on the Night Shift [FINISHED] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:50 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The day was the same as the last roleplay.

The time - a little after sunset.

The place - a little hole-in-the-wall wine bar called Amelie.

The pae - Tanzanyt, with her hair all sorts of washed and done up into a cute little updo. Oh yeah, she was gonna turn heads (or at least one) with how much prettier she was sure it made her look compared to her style for work. Even her fur had been meticulously washed and brushed. She wore a trendy perfume - not too strong of course - that was ALL in style right now, and her jewelry - enough to show she was well-enough off but not so much as to be gaudy - was extra shined for today... Oh yeah, she was coming out to have a good time... in more ways than one. Just in case... she'd even prepared some herb from the Kekomura apothecary to help... well... 'set the mood' if he'd care to partake. She was a fan of the stuff personally, but to each their own.

Oh yeah, the kid was staying with her grandmother for the night. She'd told her mom (the angel of course) that she needed some R&R and it'd been easy enough to get done. Her other mother... well... she probably saw through it but chose to keep quiet.

Everything was taken care of so that she wouldn't have to worry about spending the night alone.

She rested her forearms on the bar top as she ordered a strawberry wine punch... a nice little cocktail only possible with Koehaira's wine and Breeheart's strawberries.

fea line

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:38 am

Apart from his arrival, the rest of his day was pretty routine. He had met up with the Breeheartisans running the outpost here in Zamarand, conducted surveys, asked questions, made notes and came to a conclusion that it was, indeed, going quite swimmingly over here. It would seem the citizens of Zamarand made fine use of what Breeheart had to offer and Breeheart as well was profiting from shared knowledge.

All in all, he'd consider today a fine day.

Except that it wasn't over yet.

Arriving just outside the bar he had been directed too, he stared at the sign reading Amelie. He had made sure he had refreshed from his journey, ensured his hair and fur was cleansed and brushed and that the tuft of his tail was smooth and free of dirt. He hadn't wanted to intrude upon their establishment looking like a worn and weary traveler, nor did he want to insult Tanzanyt either, as this was all thanks to her courtesy.

Once he had soothed his mind, he opened the door and had no trouble spotting the blue female, dressed to impress. And he had to silently admit, he was impressed. It was a far different picture she painted now than what he had met this morning. Neither of which, disappointed him.

"Greetings, Ms Tanzanyt, may I join you?" he asked, this time giving a small bow of his head.

Daisicle

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:44 am
It was always a delight to watch Zemeņu - the bartender - mix up a drink of choice, giving it just enough flourish to entertain but not to fully distract. And just like that, she had her first for the night - she'd tipped the 'tender quite nicely with a wink to ensure the drinks would keep flowing nice and strong until they'd retire for the night. One had to properly set up the grounds for these things, after all, and she trusted that her intentions had been heard well enough by this bit of coin.

As far as she was concerned, it was taxpayer money well spent.

Still though... now that she was sipping on strawberries, she was quickly becoming impatient (as evidenced by the flicks of her tail behind her - truly an open book). Her ears both flicked towards the door as she heard it open, a smile quickly forming on her lips as she saw him come on in. Oh good Guardians he cleaned up fi-i-i-ine. And with his little introduction, none of the others here would put a move on him... actually most probably wouldn't cause he was clearly of faun-decent, but that was their loss. Actually... a faun-centric brothel aimed towards females (or males of the homosexual variety) would actually probably do pretty well for itself once word got out about what they were packing...

Woah girl, reign it back in. Save it for later tonight.

With that in mind, she gestured to a seat beside her at the countertop for him to join her. She took another sip of her drink as he did. "You can drop the 'Ms' - it makes me feel ALL kinds of old, almost like my mother." Course she was one now herself, but never mind that. "I'm glad you were able to find the place Attor. They're small, but they've been experimenting with combinations for drink you can only reliably produce in a trading hub like this. Zemeņu here should be able to fix you right up."

The bartender - a demon originally originating in the city who had moved out some time ago - was quietly cleaning a glass with a disinterested face as she eavesdropped on the Young Miss's conversation. So this was her target... the one she so clearly wanted to loosen up with some liquor and have her way with. While she couldn't say she agreed with the notion, she also wouldn't say anything to the contrary after such a generous tip from earlier. She wanted to maintain a good relationship with this client, not just because she herself was a valuable source of income, but by keeping an eye on her shenannigans... well... let's just say there was additional taxpayer dollars funneling into her personal accounts. The Young Miss could be rather stupid and prone to manipulation, after all, and her mother wanted to keep that in check.

She glanced up as she was mentioned by name and looked at the male before returning her attention to the highball glass that she was cleaning beyond the point of actually being clean. "Let me know if there's anything you're fond of, or really any preferences, and I should be able to throw something together to suit your fancy."

fea line

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:08 am
"My apologies, and duly noted. Would you prefer your name in ernest or is there something you prefer to go by?" he asked as he eyed her before taking his seat next to her at the bar. He wasn't a stranger to drinks though he did usually save that for his days off, however his work was done and one or two drinks probably wouldn't hurt him for the trip back tomorrow.

As he sat, his tail dropped behind him, similar to hers, only less frantically flicking. He made sure to nestle his tattered wings to his back and ensure they stayed out of harms way. His hooves softly clinked against the base of the stool as he settled himself. "It was thanks to your precise directions, Tanzanyt, I feel you wont let me stray." he said without much thought before glancing at the pink female before him.

"Pleasure to meet you Ms Zemeņu, or would you also prefer no title?" he said, both politely and carefully, should the demon also not care for titles. "I have no preference, might I ask for your recommendation to start?" he asked, his glowing gaze lingering on the pink demon for only a few brief seconds before glancing back towards Tanzanyt.

"I take it you make this a regular habit?" he asked out of pure curiosity, he rather liked it. Bread and sweets were fine, but sometimes he needed a little extra.... something.... to take the edge off a long day.

Daisicle

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:46 am
"Tanz is the easiest - one syllable, short and sweet like me." She took another sip, figuring he'd have told her if he wanted to be called something different than Attor... though perhaps he'd have another pet name or two by morning. His compliment brought an immediate grin to her face as she offered a thumbs up, "Ain't that right? Leave it to a towns guard to know her way around."

Zemenu glanced back up as a deeper voice addressed her and set the glass down this time. "I don't really care - you could call me Sugar Tits and I'd still make your drink as long as you're able to pay," her tone was fairly neutral, perhaps even a bit lazy in intonation, but she was pretty proud of that quip. Oh, the Young Miss was glaring and pouting at her now - so quick to grow jealous, that one. Don't worry dear, I'm not after your prey.

Still though, the Young Miss seemed to have an idea to get this one at least a bit inebriated. It might be a bit of a strong start, but citrus could hide quite a lot. With practiced motions, she set to mixing him a sake lemon drop.

Grrrrr... Tanz didn't like how their bartender was so clearly flirting with her catch for the night, but was quick to calm as she backed off. Good. She was all smiles again when Attor returned his attention to her. "Kind of, yeah. This place is a favorite of mine - they always have the most interesting stuff. I'd say I come here pretty frequently..." Almost every day for one drink at this point, actually. It was good to just get a hit after a long day's work, especially now that she had to go home to a headache. "How was the work you had to get done today? Bet you the place was poppin', right?"

"Your drink," she carefully cut into the conversation to slide over a highball glass with the cocktail nicely plated in it. A single sprig of rosemary was placed next to a slice of lemon on the rim. She waited for him to take it before explaining further. "This drink uses sake - produced from the rice of Sunrise Terrace - as the base for the drink. I've mixed a simple lemon-and-sugar syrup to accent it, and then garnished with a fresh sprig of rosemary, from Kekomura of course. Please enjoy."

fea line

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:42 pm
"Tanz is sweet and simple." he had started to say when the bartender cut in about him calling her sugar tits and he couldn't help but pause, eyes widen, only slightly, lids still half shut, but brows raised. He watched her a moment before simply reducing the amount of shock on his face and turning back towards Tanz. "I can see why its a favorite." he said, though his tone may have held a hint of sarcasm and he avoided the pink demon's gaze.

"Work was rather as expected, with how bustling Breeheart is I couldn't imagine the outpost being any less so. It seems you were spot on with needing restock so I may yet again be venturing out this way in the future." he noted before the bartender cut in again and he listened to her description of his drink, watching the glass carefully.

When she finished, he dared to trace a finger around most of the rim, watching as droplets of moisture and lemon juice from the wedge seep into his glass. He then carefully lifted it to his mouth, shut his eyes and took a sip. He let its taste linger on his lips a moment before opening his eyes again. "As promised, a drink of exceptional quality." he said, raising it slightly towards Zemenu before taking another sip. His attention was still mostly on Tanz as that's who he had come to meet. He'd be rude otherwise to ignore her.

His eyes lingered on her frame, perhaps a while longer than necessary. "Have you been down to Breeheart personally? You aren't a face to forget so easily..."

Daisicle

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:32 pm
"Yeah, you just have to learn to ignore the service sometimes..." she said as she pointedly glanced over at Zeme as she said such, only to receive an eyeroll and a shrug as the other continued making the drink. She really was the kind of daemon to only really care about her work and making money from the actual working - she couldn't care less what others thought. Tanz was quick to return a smile to Attor as she took another drink of hers, now about halfway done.

She was working through it rather quickly, but it was hard to when it just tasted so good!

"Told you it would be - never underestimate a woman's instincts. Hopefully you find you like it here as well then if you're gonna be coming back often. " Depending on how tonight went, she'd welcome an occasional visit from him as well.

Noticing his lingering look, she smirked and placed a hand against her cheek and she played the bashful sort, "Liking what you see? I went and got all dolled up for tonight - it's been a while since I was able to go out and have fun with someone new. You got lucky that I just happened to have the night off." Unfortunately for her, her actual words were anything but bashful as she unabashedly fished for compliments. She paused a moment before answering his question, "Nope. I'm from the City, and I've been to the Las Venus Mountain Resort, but that's about it really. Been kind of busy here, being a guard and all. Just because we're a newer village, you wouldn't believe the stuff pae try and do..." She sighed for a moment before she leaned more closely and she pressed onwards. "But enough about work - that's so boring! How about you tell me about yourself?

fea line

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:06 pm
He hadn't expected that kind of reaction.

Or had he?

To be honest, he hadn't been interested in the demon in that manner and even more so when it seemed his host was quite the jealous type. Sure he looked disinterested but he wasn't oblivious. At least not anymore. Earlier, when his mind was on work, probably, but now...

He watched her place her hand on her cheek and let out his first soft chuckle since meeting her. "Yes, you are pleasant on the eyes, and your jewelry is exquisite." he fed into her, taking another sip of his drink, enjoying the sweet with the tang. If she had anything to say about it, he probably really wasn't going home until later tomorrow. Oh well, there were worse things.

"A pity. And yet I knew I hadn't set eyes upon you before. You should visit, providing you can. I feel you'd be very.... entertained there." he said, choosing his words carefully. What exactly he meant by that, he was leaving up to her imagination. He took another drink but watched her carefully from the corner of his eyes, waiting to see what she'd say to that.

"I'm afraid to bore you, I simply do my job and enjoy a little bit of life's pleasures once off. Apart from the obvious and being a faun of mixed lineage...." he paused and cast a side glance at Zemenu. "... I'm simply Attor. Perhaps.... if something specific interests you... I might have a better answer?" he offered, speaking softly, but deep as he allowed her to lean closer, one of his wings now slightly stretched behind her.

Daisicle

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:02 pm
Tanzanyt twisted a lock of her hair with a finger and grinned in a half-smug, half-childlike manner as she was obviously pleased to have been complimented on her looks. "Thanks~ Most of the gems were imported from Montagne - they took a while to save up for, but I'd say it was 100% worth it. I really like this sort of thing once in a while." She took a sip, as she nodded, her eyes narrowing slightly, playfully. "If you'd be willing to show me a good time, it might be worth the visit. No guarantees though... Oh! If you provide me with an address or way to contact you in Breeheart, I could send word if I do find time to come. It'd be the WORST if you were too busy after spending those days to travel... though I guess I could just find something else to do."

She took another quick drink before cutting in without giving him quite enough time to comment. "Of course I can give you my contact info too - only fair."

Huh, was the poor chap feeling awkward with her being here? That wouldn't do... The Young Miss was sure to pick up on that eventually, and that'd be very annoying to deal with. While she was pretty sure he hadn't meant it, she decided to start preparing another pair of drinks as if she was interpreting his glance as asking for another.

For these, she'd come up with something more complicated to kill time.

Oh perfect timing! Tanz's drink was getting close to being finished. Zeme could be rude af, but she was a professional if nothing else. And her drinks were sooooooo good. If only she could do something about that personality of hers, this place would be more popular...

"Yeah, I got that from the wings and hooves. I might not look it, but I'm mixed too actually." She gestured to her ears and then wings, saying. "Rak and angel, but with a demon grandmother" as she did so, respectively, before finishing her drink. "Something specific... hmm... I suppose let's start with something simple." She leaned a bit closer, looking at him with a glint in her eyes, "How do you spend your personal time? Do you have any hobbies or the like?"

fea line

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:01 am
He listened to her talk about her jewels with, honestly, little interest. He wasn't usually the type to prefer an overly dolled up female as he thought her rather striking even without them. Though they did bring out the subtle sparkle in Tanz's skin and he had to admit, it was a nice touch.

"Naturally, I wouldn't let you wander Breeheart without proper guidance." he stated offhand at her comment of coming to see him. He'd give her the coordinates after their drinks and a way to contact him. Zamarad fell under his division of trade so that shouldn't be too difficult a task to achieve. Messages often went through their trade routes after all.

"I'm not a master at other racial traits but I had thought your tail particularly unique." he also commented. "There is a Rak back home with a similar tail to yours. Angel however, apart from your lovely personality, I'd have never guessed." he added with a soft smile. Was that a flirt? Or something else?

As to what he did in his personal time... well there was a variety of answers he could think to that. "I think you've discovered one." he nodded to his glass and raised it, glancing down at her as she leaned in closer. "I'm not much a fan of the daytime, but do so as necessary. I'd much rather prefer to gaze... at the stars....." he proffered, subtly mentioning her similar appearance to a night sky.

Daisicle

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:04 am
Her tail swished happily behind her seat as he agreed to her idea of swapping contacts - this would make it a lot easier to find him later if she decided that'd be a worthwhile use of her time. And the way things were progressing... well... she figured she'd caught a good one this time. Not only was he attractive, but his personality so far wasn't half bad either.

Color her very interested.

"You're not wrong. Other than my skin, I really don't look too much like my mom." Mom being Laz, mother being Shah, of course. Not that she'd care to clarify further. "We have some Rak her as well, but I don't talk to them much. I think my sister and I are the only ones with wings... that I know anyways. I've never met one." She shrugged

Now, the next drink Zemenu made for the pair (they'd be receiving the same one) was a bit of an experiment. She'd had a strawberry and citrus sangria going, spiced with a little rum and a little brandy, in the back. For this cocktail, she muddled a little fresh strawberry at the bottom of a highball glass before adding some crushed ice. To a shaker, she put the sangria, strained from its fruit infusions, along with a simple ginger syrup infused with some of Kekomura's herb. She and her colleagues had succeeded in bringing its properties out via oils, so, naturally, she was testing other ways for its consumption.

The little miss was fond of the stuff, so she'd and her target would be her test subject tonight. If nothing else, the drink should still taste quite good.

In addition to the syrup, she added a squeeze of lemon before shaking vigorously and then straining into the prepared glasses. She finished the drinks with a dash of herbal bitters, a sprig of fresh basil, and and a garnish of fresh strawberry - one half each. She placed a straw made of bamboo lastly.

She waited for a pause in the conversation before walking over and placing one in front of each of them and removing Tanz's empty one. If Attor's was finished, she'd have picked that one too. "This is a new drink, highlighting the wine and brandy of Koehaira. It's been infused with strawberry from Breeheart, some lemon, and some basil from Kekomura. I added this to a sweet ginger syrup with a secret ingredient, and finished with a dash of herbal bitters, fresh basil and strawberry to garnish. Please enjoy, and do let me know if you need anything else."

"Ooooooh! This looks delish - thanks Zeme!" Tanz happily reached for and took a sip of the drink, a smile immediately forming on her lips. "It's sooooo sweet but spicy but gooooood~~" This was why this bar was the best. She lifted her drink to cheers with him, smirking, "I think it's obvious enough I enjoy good drink as well, especially with good company." Her smirk devolved into outright smug at she picked up what he was putting down, "It's a good thing the night is long, isn't it? I'd love to join you for a little star-searching later, if you're of a similar mind."

fea line

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:56 pm
The Rak in Breeheart definitely did not have wings, at least not that he could remember, so she was right in being special in that sense. But he liked it, it was a good touch. He hadn't had time to think much on it when the bartender offered another round of drinks and he quirked an eye at her curiously before sliding the glass over, welcomed. Picking it up he placed it to his lips and took a sip, having to agree with Tanz's statement, albeit a bit more silent than she had been.

"Indeed it is obvious." he chuckled at Tanz's comment of enjoying a good drink. His brows quirked again at her mentioning the night being long and his tail flicked. "Of course I'd welcome the company, though I believe as stated before.... I do lack proper lodging... for the time being." he added, eyeing her before raising his glass to his lips again, hiding any trace of what might have been a smirk.

Daisicle

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:25 pm
YAS this was going SO. GOOD.

It would have been obvious how good of a mood she was currently in by the slight flicks of her tail behind her and how her ears were fully perked, a sultry sort of smug grin seeming to be permanently plastered to her face at this point. She about purred as she brought about the natural conclusion as to what he was getting at. "Well, luckily for you, Zamarad has quite a few places that could fix that. Orrrrr..." she paused as she brought her drink to her lips, taking another sip. Luckily for her, she didn't have to worry about a kid in the home making things awkward. "Purrhaps I could offer my place, if you'd be interested."

fea line

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:47 am
He had caught the purr.

It made him chuckle and he mentally gave her props for that one. As punny as it was, she pulled off the flirt quite well and had to admit, he wasn't exactly mad about it either. "Well." he said, clearing his throat after tossing back the last bit of liquid in his glass before setting it down on the counter with a bit of a tougher clank than he intended. "Purrrhaps, I'd indeed be interested. I assume your place has the best view of the stars?" he asked, placing emphasis on certain words as he sat back, one arm over the back of his chair as he glanced at her, almost straight but slightly side on. His gaze trailed back to his glass and he ran a finger around the rim of it, feeling the bits of salt and whatever else left on.

Daisicle

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:51 am
Little did he know, that pun hadn't been intentional. She'd just slipped while speaking.

Her ears flicked down, then perked right back up as her eyes narrowed happily - she was oh so pleased to hear him picking up what she was putting down, so to speak. Soon she intended to have something else of his picking up too, so to speak. "Oh, most definitely. In fact, I hear depending on how closely you look, you might even catch sight of a string of nebulas." Her tail flicked again behind her, betraying the almost aloof façade she was attempting to pull off so as to not seem so excited (in multiple ways). Following suit, she polished off her drink and reached into her purse to grab some coin and set it on the counter.

This much should have been plenty.

"Well, shall we?" she asked as she moved to stand up, just a touch unsteady on her feet, and offer him her hand.

fea line

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces