[PRP] Mystical Morning (Shen x Rook) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:07 am
User Image

The morning dew was still dripping from the leaves of the trees as the stallion walked along the edge of the forest at the foot of the mountain. It had been quite some time since the he had ascended those hills where he had spent his childhood. As he craned his neck to look up the slopes, he sighed, knowing that today would still not be the day he returned....home? It had never really felt very welcoming, as homes were supposed to feel. He had not heard from his brother in many moons, but he doubted he had returned home, either. Theirs had not been a loving childhood and neither really had any desire to go back.

Turning away from the hills, he scanned the valley around him. Everywhere he looked, droplets of dew and mist in the air caught the light of the morning sun, creating an ethereal sparkling all around him. As he lifted his head to sniff the air, the sun also caught his golden horn, surely making him a beacon for any others in the area. Turning back towards the trees, he moved into the shade of the edge of the forest, trying to make himself not quite so obvious, in case there were unfriendly souls around.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:02 pm
User Image
Morning had come, and Rook was returning from her travels into the nearby plains. She had been intent on starwork, and seeing if the Spirits would give her any further indication on where she was meant to be. Alas, the clouds had kept most of the stars hidden, and the few that broke through all told her the same thing... to be still, to wait. Rook had always considered herself a patient mare, had spent much of her life doing as she was told, being silent, being still, watching other star-touched mares and stallions take their place among the herd. So to continue to be told, even by the spirits themselves, to wait was frustrating.

Had she not been sent south so she might find her sister? Had she not been told that her destiny was far from home? And yet, now that she was here, the stars had been less than helpful. Perhaps the southern spirits were simply more aloof and reproachful than the northern ones; perhaps they were simply being indecisive on what to do with her; or, it was entirely possible that they were telling her exactly what she needed to do, and that was, once again, wait.

Would her entire life remain on hold? Would she forever be a leaf among the wind, flowing wherever the spirits and tradition took her, with no clear path? For all that the ebony mare was told to wait, she still was unclear on what she was waiting for. Her sister, Forsilvra? A lost soul in need of a little guidance or divination? Or did the spirits have something else planned for her? Until she was given more clarification, all Rook knew was that she needed to remain in the Kawani a while longer.

No matter her own feelings about it, she was nothing if not devoted to her craft, and thus, would continue to remain in the area. With the woodland covered foothills to one side, nestled against the towering mountains, and the inviting plains on the other, she was comfortable. The foothills offered ample protection when she slept and rested during the day; and the plains offered an open view of the skies at night. She wouldn't necessarily call it home, but it was comfortable, and relatively quiet. While she had met some soquili in passing, none seemed to linger, and best of all, there was no sign of pawed mutants or walkers. While she was not a shy individual, she was small, and a fair bit delicate--she had no healing abilities, unlike her unicorn brethren, and her horn did little to heal savage attacks. Without the protection of her herd, it made those sorts of encounters even more risky, so it was, Rook accepted the quiet with grace.

Stepping soundlessly through the mist, the dark mare blended in well, especially when she took care not to step into the sunbeams. It was only by sheer luck that she caught sight of something glimmering before her--a golden sheen that almost looked unnatural. Pausing abruptly, the mare stilled, ears swiveling forward as she debated changing course. She wasn't alone. Thankfully, the mist parted just enough that she could make out the shape of what appeared to be a pale brown unicorn.

Was this who she was meant to wait for?

Well, the spirits had deigned they cross paths--and who was she to question fate? "Blessed morning, daywalker," she greeted softly, still remaining still just in case the other wished to carry on, or not be bothered or interrupted. While she was aware unicorns were known healers, she also knew that not every soquili was what they seemed. Trickery ran rampant in the world, and Rook was old enough to know to be cautious.

The orange glow of the raven skull, crowned upon her head, glowed just a bit brighter in response.
Nori Ishida

Uta

Shy Mage

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:58 pm
His mind wandered as he continued to move along, just inside the cover of the trees. The familiar smell of the air coming down from the mountain sent a bittersweet shiver down his spine. His thoughts turned to his brother, Huojin, and his heart grew heavy as he wondered where he had gone.

Their mother had been less than loving to both young foals, but she was especially cruel to Huojin. Shen had never understood why, but had always tried to be a comfort to his brother and remain by his side. The return of their father once they had grown had not been easy for Huojin to accept, either. Though their mother seemed to become apologetic after being reunited with their father, Huojin had never grown to forgive either of their parents.

After some time, Shen had lost all contact with his brother and, though he was not as resentful to his parents as his brother had been, he never felt any true familial bond. So he left in search of...what? Perhaps it was his brother, perhaps it was love. It may have been a purpose, or enlightenment. He had never been quite sure, but he still felt he was seeking something.

As he pondered his quest, he was startled out of his musings by a soft voice.

"Blessed morning, daywalker"

He started a bit and turned towards the source of the voice. Lost in thought, he had not heard anybody else moving nearby. In the shade of the trees, he could see a pair of glowing eyes surrounded by complete darkness. His eyes were drawn upwards as an orange glow grew brighter. Was that a skull? As his eyes further adjusted to the dim light, he began to see the shape of what appeared to be a female soquili, black as night and covered with scales along her back, a horn protruding from her forehead. He had encountered a few others like this in his travels. Horned like he, his mother, and brother, but gifted with different skills. He also knew them to be very light on their feet, explaining why he did not notice her before now.

Despite her slightly macabre appearance, Shen did not feel threatened by this mare. In fact, the troubled thoughts that the mountain air had brought to his mind seemed to slip away, and he felt at ease.

What was that she had called him?
Daywalker. He wasn't quite sure what that meant, but pushing it out of his mind for now, he smiled and bowed his head gently in return greeting.

"Good morning. Forgive me staring, you caught me lost in thought."

Uta

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:11 am
The ebony mare remained still, even as she watched Shen start and turn to face her. The mist cleared enough so that she got a better view of the unicorn as well his body language; though he seemed surprised, he didn't seem aggressive or hostile. In fact, he offered her a small bow, and a greeting in return, which seemed to bode well. Her delicate tail gave a small flick, and the orange eyed glow of her raven skull temporarily dimmed.

"No apologies needed, stranger--it's best to ensure new company isn't a threat, after all, and I do have a reputation of stepping lightly." She often forgot how light a step she walked with--having grown up in a herd of Kirin, she took for granted that everyone was as light of foot as she; but down here in the Kawani, the herds were more mixed, more separated, and the majority of them all quite heavy footed indeed.

Smiling back, she gave a dip of her head--and if he felt as if that little bird skull was watching him, he'd be right. "Lost in thought so early--I hope, for your sake, they were pleasant thoughts--it's far too early in the morning for a daywalker to be burdened and anchored with anything heavier." She wasn't scolding him, of course not--simply offering the sage advice of her herd. That she was a superstitious creature came from her upbringing -- and mornings were meant to be peaceful for those who followed the path of the sun.

Thankfully, she did have a remedy if his thoughts were bleak or negative. Honestly, Rook had a cure, advice, or remedies for just about any ailment, trouble, or question. Perhaps this was why the morning starlight had lead her this way?

Nori Ishida

Uta

Shy Mage

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:54 am
He smiled lightly and let out a small chuckle. He had never been very good at hiding his emotions. Perhaps the weight of his thoughts was etched so clearly on his face that the mare could see it. Though she was kind not to pry about the subject of his thoughts, Shen felt that she meant no harm and that he could speak openly with her.

"Ah...I must admit, you did catch me in somewhat of a mire of burdensome thoughts. It's just...my family..."

As he often did, Shen left the sentence hanging, trailing off into his own thoughts again. After a few moments, he shook his head and glanced again at the skull atop the mare's head again before locking his eyes on hers. Such an entrancing glow, but it was rude to stare. He closed his eyes for a moment before smiling lightly again.

"Daywalker...can I take that to mean that you are a...nightwalker?"

He had heard of those that sleep during the day and go about their business at night, but had never met one before. How interesting to meet someone who lives a completely opposite life. He had so many questions, but if it was morning for him, then she must be growing tired as her "day" comes to an end.

Uta

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:55 pm
Rook gave the smallest tilt of her head as she considered the others words. While he had hoped that his thoughts might have been peaceful, his admittance that they were burdensome did have her tail curl a bit behind her. The dark mare gave a small shake of her head, a light click of her tongue. "Well then, that won't do, will it?" She asked, though her expression warmed into a smile. "If you have a moment to spare, might I offer some assistance, or at least, an unbiased ear?" While she was no unicorn and could not heal physical wounds, as a kirin her expertise was more in assisting others to achieving a sense of peace, calm, and quiet. Sometimes that meant by divination, while other times it simply meant listening or comforting.

Of course, this strange was under no obligation to linger, much less go into more detail. She wouldn't press, but the offer remained. Besides, she had her own family troubles--perhaps she might better relate? A missing sister, her role as second class due to her lack of star markings and the burden she brought upon her family... Well. The spirits were known to be troublesome, and in Rook's case, that was certainly true.

But what of this daywalker?

"Morning's should be for peaceful contemplation, at least, where I come from for those who walk with the sun." And he certainly did look the part, didn't he? With his golden horn, and his pale brown and ruddy colors, he certainly looked as if he were sunblessed. Not at all like her black.

At his question, this time she did give a soft laugh, even as the eyes of the skull sitting atop her head glowed brighter--perhaps in mutual humor? "Indeed, that is correct--though I've been known to work the odd hour now and then," she confessed. "Some stars are brightest at dawn, and have much to reveal. I'd be quite lost if I never looked to the stars, after all." And that was quite the truth! While she hadn't met many in the Kawani, those she had didn't seem to believe in star scrying, or even hoof readings! But Rook wasn't shaken by those who believed differently; everyone had to find their peace and purpose somewhere. For Rook, it was usually written in the stars.

Nori Ishida

Uta

Shy Mage

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:02 am
He was unsure what type of assistance she could offer, but this mare seemed rather pleasant and perhaps it would help him to get some of his troubled thoughts out of his head. It was true, he did not speak of his family often. There were too many feelings that he truthfully had not completely worked through himself. Concern for his missing brother, and confusion about his feelings for both of his parents. If he was being honest, he did harbor anger at their mother for being so unloving, but he understood that it wasn't entirely her fault. Her mind was not well and there was little she could do to control it. Meanwhile, the anger towards his father for not being present was also calmed by an understanding that his mother had pushed him away, even hidden the fact that Shen and his brother existed. He tried to be understanding, but it was exhausting. And was he not entitled to some anger for not truly having a childhood?

As she spoke of stars, Shen turned his head to face the sun and closed his eyes, the bright light pushing red through his eyelids. "This one is indeed bright, and reveals quite a bit." He turned to face her again. "I do have time, more than a moment."

His eyes left hers and floated up to the skull atop her head as it glowed once more. He couldn't quite put it into words, but he felt some sort of scrutiny coming from the skull. But that was a bizarre thought...He knew it was unkind to ask questions about one's appearance, but he was very intrigued by the illuminated cranium.

"I do apologize for my forwardness, but I must know more about this thing on your head. Could you tell me about it before I burden you with my troubles?"

Though he was truly curious, this was, perhaps, also an attempt at a diversion. He was hesitant to delve into the issues that surrounded his family. Not only was it difficult for him to speak of, he did not want to impose upon the mare with things that did not concern her. His family was not easy, she did not deserve to be pulled into any of their chaos.

Uta

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:16 pm
Rook was glad that the stranger seemed open to the idea sharing his thoughts, stranger though he might be. She certainly didn't wish to press him--he was free to make his own boundaries, and leave when he wished--but she truly was eager to help. She didn't mind the isolation of her lifestyle, but it was nice to break up the routine with the company of another. For all that she had been of low position in her old herd -- she still had been with family. Now that the stars had taken her far from home, she had a new-found appreciation when the spirits deigned to send someone her way.

The nameless stranger was no different.

When he questioned the "thing" upon her head, Rook gave a rueful grin, even as the glowing eyes of the skull seemed to brighten with intensity--and perhaps a touch of derision. "No apologies needed, stranger--even I forget that he's perched just so," she confessed. "Up North, far from these lands, where darkness grips the lands for months on end, we often rely on guidance from the stars. There are some who are born naturally gifted in divination and starspeak, individuals like my sister. She was born with stars on her pelt and her hair was spun with silver moonlight, and was much regaled within our herd and family. She is naturally gifted in the art of divination." There was no bitterness in Rook's words, though that had not always been the case. How lovely Forsilvra had been; how talented; how gifted; how superior. It had taken time for her jealousy to diminish and wane, for her to grow and accept, even embrace, their differences...but that was a story for another time. "Others, such as myself, were born without such favor. While I'm capable of reading the stars, and dabble in divination as my sister does, the little skull upon my head was a gift from the wood spirits. As I was spurned from the nightsky and the moon, I was embraced instead by shadow and earth. He helps light the way on the darkest nights, and assists me with my divinations and readings. He serves as a bridge, I suppose, between the two worlds--and granted me the position of Night Scryer in our herd."

Not every herd member was given such a gift, and for that, Rook was grateful. The wood spirits didn't have to offer her such a companion, after all. And while the skull did not seem to speak aloud, nor did it seem to move, it was clear the kirin heard something from it--though whether it was her own thoughts or real, was difficult to say.

"Now it is my turn to apologize. Forgive me for being so verbose," she hastily added, "I suppose you might not have needed all that history, and a more succinct answer might have sufficed." Then again, without the backstory, would he have understood its importance? It was not, of course, just a fancy skull she wore to be macabre; it signaled her position among her herd, as well as her gifts. Whether or not he believed in what she did didn't matter--there were plent who turned their noses up at her herd's arts, but Rook had faith, and she believed.

The stars (along with her little skull companion) hadn't guided her wrong yet, after all.

Nori Ishida
Sorry! Kind of figuring out her herd as they talk... LOL Subject to tweaking as I hash out her home herd/role/etc.

Uta

Shy Mage

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:52 am
He hung on every word that the mare spoke, enraptured with her story. Shen greatly enjoyed the sharing of knowledge and he always welcomed a new tale. He had heard of the darkness in the North, but had never ventured far enough to experience it himself. He had always imagined it to be a cold and lonely place, but the way the mare spoke, it sounded as if there was a rich culture full of untold knowledge and mystery. Perhaps he would have to finally make the journey to experience their magic first hand. Perhaps this mare could show him the way.

At her apology, Shen shook his head as a smile brightened his face. "There's no need for apologies, friend - that is a fascinating story." The word had escaped his lips so naturally, he was surprised. Friendship took time, yet here he was at complete ease with this stranger. There was a certain warmth from her that he couldn't explain. "I have great interest in learning the customs and histories of others. There are so many different types of soquili, and many other creatures beyond that, each with so much to offer. Thank you for sharing yours with me."

Though there was no animosity to her tone, Shen heard such things as
"born without favor" and "spurned" and couldn't help but feel that this mare had lived in her sister's shadow and held a lower position in their herd. Though he could not relate to her exact situation, he knew what it felt like to be turned away from one's family. Though it did not seem there was any particular reason for it, his mother had driven all of her children, and even her mate, away from her. Like the mare, Shen had sisters as well, though he did not truly know them. Their family was so fractured...

Before his mind could wander too far again into sullenness, Shen caught himself and focused on the dark-pelted mare before him. The gentle smile returning to his face, he inquired further about her gifts.

"What do the stars and your friend say to you?"

Uta
No worries! I'm still re-learning Shen myself so am also doing some tweaking XD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:47 pm
Rook's eyes glowed brighter--more warmly--at the stallion's kind words. They were, after all, but strangers--in fact, she realized with surprise she hadn't even asked him his name properly. It wasn't an immediate requirement from where she hailed--but enough time in the Kawani had taught her that introductions were important. That he called her friend was a nice change, and an appreciated surprise--even if he simply said so out of lack of anything else to use. Still, her smile was warm, and she took a few steps closer--especially if the curious daywalker wished a better look at the skull settled upon her head.

"There's much more I could share about my homeland and herd upbringing, if ever you wish to know more. Admittedly, I'm rather new to the Kawani--and while I would be eager to continue to explore these lands, I'm afraid I'm rather rooted to this area for now." This did tie into his follow-up question, of course. "Thus far, the stars have told me to simply...wait." This time, her smile wavered, and she crinkled her nose in just a moments disappointment. "I've been circling this area for weeks, with little guidance. When I get too far, they tell me to reverse course; when I remain in place, it keeps me glued here. I'm afraid the stars are being... coy about their wishes. But I do what I must, and at least the setting is peaceful, if perhaps very quiet." She didn't mind the solitude, but she did feel restless. Was she waiting for her sister to appear? Was she waiting to do the spirits work? Honestly, she couldn't get much of an answer, and was unsure if it was simply her lack of skill or the unfamiliar area. The stars and constellations were more aloof down here than they were so up north.

"Do your live near here then, per chance? Or do you still have quite a journey ahead of you before you find yourself in familiar lands?" She asked with the smallest tilt of her head. Not to pry, of course, but she figured she might as well ask. She hardly had the opportunity to get to know others, and she would better know how to bless his journey when they inevitably parted ways.

While she had not forgotten his initial woes regarding his family, she would not press him. A distraction would, at the very least, keep his thoughts light and airy--he had seemed very intent on whatever it was he'd been thinking about. Family of some sort--though she hadn't found out what about his family had him so focused. Nevermind that the hour was late for her--there would be time to sleep when the unicorn was inevitably spirited away to continue his travels.

"Also, for I know it is an important custom here in the Kawani--this nightwalker's name is Rook." The ebony mare wouldn't press him for his--if he wished to share than so be it. Names had power, but she didn't mind sharing hers with him. He did not seem a bad sort, and she was grateful for the company.

Nori Ishida
Sorry for the delay! COVID booster took me down for a few days. LOL

Uta

Shy Mage

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:24 am
"Ah, Rook!" He bowed his head in apology for not offering his own name sooner. "Forgive me for not introducing myself. My name is Shen, it is very nice to meet you!"

His mind turned to her question - inquiring about where he lived. He turned to glance back up the mountain they were standing beneath and sighed ruefully. In truth, there was a clearing up the mountain where he had spent his childhood, but it had not been "home" in many years. Would he be welcome there now? Did he want to be welcomed there? Was his mother there? His father? Any of his siblings?

He couldn't remember the last time he had stayed anywhere long enough to call it home so it was difficult to find a proper answer to the mare's question. He was still hesitant to pull her into the mess that was his family, but it did continue to weigh on him, being so close to...home. Perhaps speaking of his troubled thoughts would be helpful. Perhaps the mare had some insight or words to calm his mind - though this certainly was not her duty. Sighing again, he hesitated as he met the mare's gaze.

"I've not lived in one particular place for many years, so it is difficult to call anywhere home at the moment..." his voice trailed off as he studied the mare's face, trying to read her expression and, indeed, that of the friend atop her head. Her earlier offers of assistance and an unbiased ear did seem earnest. Though still slightly unsettled by the skull, Shen felt he could trust Rook. Reluctantly, he continued. "However, as a young foal, I lived on this mountain." He gestured his head to the hills rising beside them. "My brother and I lived here with my mother when we were very young. It was...a strange and difficult childhood, and we both left home fairly early..." Leaving his words hanging again, he couldn't help the frown that formed on his face as his thoughts turned to his brother. "Huojin..." He lowered his head completely, messy locks of his mane falling into his face, his eyes closed. "We were separated and now I have no idea where he is..."

After a few moments of silence, he raised his sullen face to meet the mare's glowing eyes again. A weak smile brought the slightest bit of light to his face as he said "I must apologize yet again, Rook. I hate to burden you with the pain of my upbringing. It is not a pretty picture to paint."

Uta

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:53 pm
"The pleasure's all mine," she spoke sincerely, a small smile etched upon her features. Shen. The ebony kirin tucked his name away with a small smile, glad to have it. Outside of her sister Forsilvra, and names of her distanced herdmates, she knew very few in the Kawani by name. She'd be sure to remember it.

So it was, Rook watched as the stallion seemed, once again, to hesitate opening up his thoughts to her. She did not--would not--begrudge him his privacy if that was indeed what he wanted; but she did not wish to for him to feel as if he had to shoulder the burden of his thoughts alone. She was a counselor of sorts, or at least, that's what many in her tribe had been born to be. What good was the art of divination and reading the stars if not to help those they bumped into?

Thankfully, the stallion finally began to explain. Her black ears pricked, and she remained quiet as he spoke, pauses and all. Her tail did curl a bit in thoughtfulness as he explained his difficult childhood, his lost brother Huojin, and the burden that he seemed to carry on his shoulders. She knew what it was like to have a missing sibling--wasn't that why she was here in the Kawani? To seek out Forsilvra? Though the spirits hadn't lead her to where her sister was last known to be, she had discovered a new land, and others who might need her help.

As Shen apologized again, Rook gave a small shake of her head. "Please--there is no reason to apologize. I am truly sorry to hear that you walk with such a burden upon your shoulders and spirit; an unhappy and difficult foalhood can leave scars upon the heart that are not so easily healed." While her foalhood had not been as burdened, she understood the importance of those early and formative years. While she might not have been so favored by the spirits, she had grown up knowing her place, and having security within her herd. "If I might ask--what brings you back to this place then, after so many years?"

Was he seeking closure? Resolution? Did he hope to find his brother within the mountains? It wasn't her place to know, but speaking to a stranger might ease allow him freedom where he might otherwise remain quiet. She was not here to judge, after all.

"I too have lost a family member--my sister, Forsilvra. It's in part why I'm here--to hopefully seek her out. The stars have gone faint for me, but if you'd like, I could perhaps see if the stars have anything more to say about you or your lost brother?" She couldn't do a reading now... but she could that evening, or another time, if he so wished. "I can't promise immediate results or answers--the stars here seem more coy than the ones up North--but perhaps it might give you something to consider?"

She could not help him with his troubled past--but she could try to give him hope for the future, stars willing.

Nori Ishida
You could let me know what sort of message you'd want Rook to interpret if Shen was interested. :3 Good, bad, vague -- she can't really see the future, but she sure thinks she can, and if some of her readings lead to things actually work out (or don't if it's bad news) that's just irony.
LOL

Uta

Shy Mage

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:46 pm
How kind and patient she was. Shen knew he had not been very forthcoming, and often wandered off into his own thoughts. He also knew that this could be frustrating to others. His own beloved brother often grew annoyed at Shen's pensive nature but this mare listened so attentively, and rebuffed all of his apologies. Perhaps she really did want to help.

When she questioned why he returned to this place, he found himself asking the same. What exactly had brought him here? In truth, he hadn't realized he had returned to this place, he had been so lost in thought. In all honesty, he never had any intentions of coming back here. There were no fond memories of this place and it certainly did not feel like home now, if ever. The thought of climbing the mountain and finding the clearing where he had grown up turned his stomach with anxiety. He had no desire to be here, so why and how had he wound up here?

"I honestly couldn't tell you why I am here. My path has been aimless for some time. In the beginning, I was searching for my brother, but I've looked far and wide with no sign of him." He took one of his long pauses, thinking back on the many places he had travelled in search of Huojin. Lands he never dreamed of - distant mountains with rocky terrains much unlike the lush green mountaintops here, deep and dark caves, endlessly wild jungles and forests. There had been no sign of him anywhere and he could think of nowhere else to look. "Perhaps I absentmindedly found my way back here as a last resort...to see if he had returned." He looked up the mountain as scenes of his childhood flashed through his mind. His mother yelling and screaming at Huojin, criticizing his every word and action. His brother was resilient, and stood up for himself, but her cruelty never abated. He said he would leave as soon as he could, that he knew he was better than the way their mother made him feel. Shen shook his head, looking back at Rook. "But he would never come back here."

He listened to her speak again about her sister, that she was lost, too. Maybe this mare could in fact understand some of what Shen was going through. This similarity put him further at ease and he felt he truly could trust Rook. He had found no answers himself, so why not turn to the stars? He had not thought to seek out messages from them, so perhaps they held secrets he had not had access to.

He nodded, smiling despite his heavy and sullen thoughts. "I think I would like that. I've sought out answers everywhere else, perhaps the stars know something the land cannot tell me."

Uta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:58 pm
Rook listened to the other, her thin tail curling a bit. His story resonated with her, perhaps far more than he realized. Was that not why she was here in the Kawani? To find her sister? To seek out Forsilvra? She'd been so focused on what to do when when she found her, she never gave much thought to what would happen if she did not. Would she be like her new companion Shen, who seemed to have spent so much of his life focusing on his brother that he seemingly forgot to focus on himself?

Well.

The spirits always had a reason, even if it wasn't one the mortals could understand. Surely, she was here to help this golden horned stranger--and that was something to her, and with luck, would be worth something to him, too. "It seems as if your spirit is weary, and in need of rest from this journey, this path." She hoped she didn't sound too brazen-- they were still new friends, and there was much neither knew of the other.

"If it isn't a burden upon you, perhaps we might meet at the crest of this foothill come nightfall? It should give me an ample view of the heavens and, being that it's so near to your homelands, with luck, the stars might be eager to share their guidance." Were these not the constellations and skies that had watched Shen, his family, and all the land below? Surely, the night would be willing to spill its secrets to Rook.

"I'm afraid the hour grows late for a nightwalker like me--I shall rest, and plan on reading the stars for you tonight. Even if it seems dreary, and cloudy, please come--for a clouded sky is a much a sign as one clear and bright."

Nori Ishida

Uta

Shy Mage

Nori Ishida

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:03 pm
Her words were true, and he had felt this weariness before. There were many times that he had wanted to give up, stop his search. But how could he give up on his brother? Wasn't Shen all that Huojin had? When they were young foals in the care of their unloving mother, it was just the two of them. Huojin had needed Shen, took comfort in him. What if he needed him now? How could Shen abandon him?

But hadn't Huojin been the one who left?

As Rook bade him...goodnight?...Shen smiled and bowed his head. "Yes, I will meet you tonight! Though it is strange to say so at such an hour, I hope you rest well, and I shall see you at day's end." He turned to leave the mare, but looked into her glowing eyes one last time and said, "Thank you, Rook. I appreciate you and look forward to your guidance."

~*~*~*~Time Skip~*~*~*~

The sun was setting behind him as he trotted through the field where he had spent his morning with Rook. Bright streaks of orange and pink light were illuminating a few scattered wisps of cloud, but much of the sky was visible. Tendrils of light pulled away westward as the sun sank silently below the horizon, leaving purple darkness behind.

He had spent much of the day contemplating Rook's parting words. If he was honest, he was weary of this path. It had been years now that he had ben searching and he hadn't found any sign of his brother. No hints or clues as to where he might be, no messages left behind, nobody who had seen a bright red and gold stallion. Perhaps Huojin didn't want to be found. Perhaps it wasn't Shen's duty to find him. His father had spoken of duty. But it all just sounded like excuses to him...

He shook his head, trying to clear the mire of swirling thoughts from his mind and realized he had almost reached the top of the hill where he was to meet Rook. Twice in one day, he had been so lost in thought that he was unaware of his surroundings. As frustration welled, he could see the brightest stars coming into view in the velvety sky above. As he crested the hill, he took a deep breath to try and calm himself, and silently gave hope that Rook would be able to find some clarity for him in the stars tonight.

Uta

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces