Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:23 pm
Quote:
In the aftermath of the winter storm, Kawani's denizens greet the approaching spring with cautious hope. Though the frost lingers in the mountains' reaches, the thaw has arrived, and hints of the new season appear in the form of leaf buds on branches no longer bowed by snow. The following hush is broken by bird song, and the tell-tale sign of new life on the way. In some circles, now is the time to seek out alliances and renew bonds with friends and family separated by winter's grip; in others, individuals might be twitterpated, seeking out a potential mate, ever eager to show off and impress. Others still are simply eager to travel to greener pastures and savor the building warmth and the hope of an early spring. Some among the Soquili and familiars alike may be all too used to this dance, but others may find it very foreign indeed.

As the world begins to wake from the winter thaw, more and more Soquili find themselves out and about. Perhaps the winter weather had kept them at bay, but now they are here in full force, crowding the Kawani with their presence. While the competition for resources may be made all the more fierce with these strangers in the mix, some Soquili may not find their company so very loathsome after all. Then again, the rites of spring are never without some degree of drama.

How does your Soquili or familiar respond to the burgeoning Spring? Are they ready to get out there and spread their figurative (or sometimes literal) wings now that the weather is warmer? Are they out seeking new friends, new locations, or a mate? Or perhaps they are put off by all the incessant birdsong, chatty new neighbors, and twitter pated fools? Is love in the perfumed air? Or is your soq just trying to make it through the day unbothered and on a hunt for peace and quiet? The world is teaming with new life -- is your Soquili or familiar ready?

Melo's Soquili:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Aoba's cert request: here

CryptidCat13's Soquili:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:25 pm
Hunting was many things. It was necessity, food for the pack was essential. It was life. It was death. It was poetry and dance. It was everything.

Aoba, a fox purewalker, could appreciate all those things. But for him, hunting was one more thing. It was a process through which a goal he could not always be achieved. Like today.

He both tried and failed to capture an antlered cerynei. Her teal and greens slid through the shadows like liquid foliage. She had noticed all at once that the surroundings had become silent. Not a bird could be heard. Sensing her mortal danger, she had dropped what she was munching and stopped her everything, even her breath. She had sensed the presence of the fox but she had been unable to see or hear him. Clever girl, but it was not enough.

Suddenly a white streak shoved past him. A caribou whistled his scream as he passed, half deafening the walker as he passed. He rushed past the female soquili as well, calling out to her. "Aurora! Behind us! Quickly, run!"

Wordlessly, she followed his instruction just as Aoba lunged and leapt at her. But his strike was foiled by a sharp set of kicking hooves. Cloven, Aurora's hooves were sharper than a regular soquili's hooves. He nearly lost his chain, tinkling as it was around his neck. He nearly lost more than that, as one hoof cleanly sliced into the muscle of his neck anyway. Would that scar, he wondered stupidly as he coughed dirt and leaves out of his mouth. What rotten luck, that the soquili had a familiar to guard her while she ate.

Finding a clearing up ahead, Aurora discovered that it was much more. A meadow with several other soquili grazing. She thought they would be safe in numbers. The dire flag that was her tail lowered as she stopped and caught her breath.

Meanwhile, not one to give up easily, Aoba silently followed them and circled the meadow toward another soquili. She was a lovely one. No wings, no horns, no protection. And she was near the clearing edge. She was perfect. He narrowed his eyes and crouched low, poised and ready to strike at the right moment. Instead, a large bird, a grouse or something, discovered him; spooked it rushed from the underbrush and into the meadow. Not about to lose a second chance at a meal, he lunged at Praisia, exploding from the shadows right after the bird.

WC: 416  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

CryptidCat13

Blessed Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:56 am
Praisia, heard the bird and looked towards the fox skin walker, she was startled, but was not scared, she kicked up on her hind legs and showed her giant claws that were sharp as razors. Storm looked in what felt like slow motion and was surprised to see Prasia use her claws, but then noticed she was being attacked, well, attempted to, would never guess someone would attack Praisia, she stood her ground and waited. Praisia, landed back down and was calm. She didn't fear her attacker, she could feel his hunger and felt bad.
"Skin walker." She announced "I will help you find food, because i feel your pain of hunger, first, try some berries please, they are really good for you..." she raised a claw "Unless you would rather fight?" Praisia was good at fighting, she could slice anyone up before they even knew what even happening.
"You have nothing to fear with me, i will even help you hunt, so you can get some meat, i feel like helping you because you may have attacked me, but i still think you are a good guy, i have a skin walker as a friend, he looks a little bit like you.
"Praisia, he just tried killing you for food and now you are going to help him? That makes no sense, That's crazy Praisia!"
"He's hungry, i can feel it, anyways, he has good taste if hes attacking me." She giggled.
"Not happy with you right now Praisia, he tried to kill you."
"So would you, if you were a hungry skin walker."
Storm turned away and ignored her, he was very annoyed.
"I know its strange that i would help my attacker, but i once was starving too, but Storm showed me these berries and they are so good, why not try some, if they don't fill you, i will scare animals from a bush and you can grab them and eat them. I don't like the fact you are so hungry. We would make a good team. Don't you think? Animals are most of the time afraid of me cuz of my sharp claws, but i refuse to hurt another pony, you can fill up on smaller animals. We will hunt until your belly is full, all that i ask is we become friends." She smiled at him
"I am annoyed with you Praisia!! I'm outta here, do what you want, you can handle yourself obviously...." Storm walked away annoyed and disappointed.
"Storm! Have you not ever been hungry? Have some empathy for our kind!"
Storm left highly annoyed.
"Fine, leave, but I have to help him! That's how I am!."
She looked at the skin walker and smiled.
"You want my help? First try some of these yummy berries, then we will go hunt." She giggled. "Hunt till you are full to the point you are ready to explode!"

WC 484  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:30 am
Together, Aurora and Whiteout leapt into the small group, putting themselves between the walker, and Praisia and Storm. There was no invitation, just the presence of that purewalker. "Beware! This one tried to kill me not long ago," the cerynei huffed, a bit winded with fright. The caribou beside her lowered his antlers at Aoba.

The foxwalker tsked at them and glared for their betrayal. He then glared at Storm, whose distrust was more than just obvious, it would save his life, probably.

Aoba turned to Praisia with his own measure of distrust. His tail waved back and forth in frustration. "Why would you want to help me? Why are you empathizing with me? Everyone fears the walkers."

This purewalker seemed especially terrifying because he was an omnivore, not just a carnivore. Omnivores exist past the herbivores, and beyond the carnivores. When all was said and done, they were at the top of the food chain.

WC: 156  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

CryptidCat13

Blessed Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:32 am
"I empathize with you, because I understand" She looked at the other pony and her friend. "No worries, i can protect myself." She showed her claws "See, i could hurt him more then he could hurt me, I'm sorry he tried to eat you he is just very hungry.."
Storm keeps walking away, very annoyed with his friend.
"You know plants are alive too, they suffer when we eat them, it's not his fault, you were there and he was hungry, he tried eating me too, but i feel his hunger, that would drive anyone to eat. this poor pony just wants to fill himself because he probably hasn't eaten in a long time." She looked at the pure walker and smiled.
"I empathize with you, because i guess I understand you, I'm not afraid of you, I respect what you are and think it's pretty cool, and I would like to help you, if you would let me? You really should try some of these berries, they are very tasty. She grabbed a few and tossed them his way, they landed in front of him. Try them, then if you like them, you can have some then we can go hunting for smaller animals.

wc 205  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:47 am
Whiteout glared openly at the purewalker. There was no sympathy coming from him, and his antlers remained lowered. Who could say if they were meant for defense or attack at this point?

Aurora was still unsettled, but Praisia was right to try to empathize with someone. Even a killer? She was having a little trouble grasping it because of her involvement. After a time she nodded her antlered head and said, "I am starting to understand." She looked at Aoba with a mix of suspicion and sympathy. She did not trust him, but she could forgive him. "I will stay nearby, however. If you need anything, please let us know. Right Whiteout?"

The caribou's eyes narrowed briefly, but then he nodded. He trusted Aurora's wisdom. He did not trust Aoba, and worse, was looking for an excuse to run him through, but he could tolerate his presence for now.

Aoba was not moved by the caribou's antlers. He could shove their blunt surfaces with the swipe of a paw. The cerynei still looked delicious, as did the taloned female. But he could go without food for a little while longer. It was not as if he was starving. He had the pack to think of, though. Berries? Those would hold off the hunger for a while, perhaps. He tried to catch one tossed by Praisia and several bounced off his muzzle. Awkwardly, he bent down to pick them up off the ground. They were ripe and tasty. "They're... good," he mumbled. Then he stood up at his tallest, which was not actually that big. He was just a fox walker. "All right. You may teach me some pointers at hunting." He was not above a helping hand.

WC 287  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

CryptidCat13

Blessed Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:51 am
"Well its more of me scaring small animals out of a bush, then them running towards you and you get food. i don't mind how much you need, if it takes all day to gather enough, then it does. I want your pack happy, are you hunting for just yourself, or are you hunting for your pack?" Lets see, she walked behind a big bush, she smelled it, it smelled of animals, so she thought this was perfect! Go in front, but not too close to this bush, I will scare them out." She whispered. She jumped at the bush and uing her claws, to show she was serious. She hissed and jumbled the bush, nothing ran out.
"Err, first try failed, sorry." she laughed, ."Lets go to the deeper woods, so there are bigger, she walked into the deeper darker forest and smelled around.
"Yes! I smell animals here." She looked and seen a bush move. She snuck up behind the bush.
"Get ready!"
She hissed and started thrashing at the bush , a large animal came rushing out, towards Aoba.
She wondered how he would react to this, how he would attack this creature, to be honest, she wondered what meat tastes like, if it was yummy, the blood wasn't her thing, but maybe if she tasted a little, nah, could she try meat? she thought the hair would bug her, the blood would be gross, and she couldn't imagine eating the insides, blech, she would stick to plants and berries, but she would always help her hopefully new friend hunt, hunting is too hard all alone.

wc 268  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:47 am
Aoba watched wordlessly as Praisia explained her plan. He nodded in approval. Food was food, no matter the technique. He was surprised that the soquili was willing to help kill another animal, even though she had explained her philosophy: kill to survive. He was not so sure he agreed with the part about killing plants, though. He waited for the first animal to run from the bush. Nothing came out. "It must have left earlier," he commented. Then he followed her into the denser wood. Now she was gutsy. There would be no easy way to save her if he should decide to attack her instead of another animal. He watched her with a faint smirk. She flushed out a deer and it was his turn to shine. She was right, this technique was more successful, but it required two hunters to do it. Who would come with him on future hunts? Kognate the Wolf, perhaps? He sighed and looked up at the female with blood smearing his mouth. The deer was dead. "Would you eat some? You helped catch it."

Aurora wandered over to Storm while Whiteout kept an ear out for Praisia and Aoba. He heard a death scream from the deer and sprinted into the trees. When he found them, Aoba stood over the corpse of a deer. He watched Praisia to see what she would do. Meanwhile, Aurora smiled at Storm and thought he might need someone to talk to. "Hello, my name is Aurora. How are you holding up, friend?"

WC: 255  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

CryptidCat13

Blessed Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:40 pm
"It interests me, but i don't think I would like the taste, I prefer plants and berries, but i respect the fact you need to eat, how bout we make a deal, i scare, you catch for as long as you want? I really want to get to know you, I know most fear you, but I don't. I can take care of myself, but I would really like to take care of you." She blushed a little then smiled at him. "
My name is Praisia, whats yours?" She looked at the dear and thanked it for giving up it's life so he could survive.
She couldn't say she wasn't interested in trying it, she might one day.....who knows? Maybe she was meant to eat meat? She wondered if she put fire on it, it would taste better?
"I think i would try it if i could put it in fire? I dunno if that is a thing? It just popped into my head and i had to say it, but I don't think I could eat it's innards. But the muscles around the outside? You eat up though, fill that belly, I know your pack is important to you, but maybe i could be something like a partner, it would make hunting easier and more fruitful? It's up to you."

Storm looked at the mare. "I'm fine, Praisia's always been a wild one, I hope it works out with whatever she hopes to gain from this. I just wish she would understand you can't trust that damn skin walker, he is going to turn on her, but not without one hell of a fight." He smirked.

wc 277  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:40 pm
Aoba snorted. So she was just faking her interest in the meat. Her so-called respect for his diet made him pause, however. Wait, what? "Take... care of me?" he choked. What did she take him for? A weakling? A cheat? He approached her. He wasn't sure what to make of her. Hard to take anyone at face value. Someone who spoke their mind, pure and honest was hard to come by. Perhaps it was good he hadn't killed her. But what purpose could she serve, really? "My name's Aoba."

Praisia, the mare, was wild. She was more than wild, she defied what most would consider common knowledge. She certainly was fearless. But was it courage or ignorance that fueled her mind? "My familiar, the caribou, is keeping an eye on them. But if you are worried --probably as you should be-- would you like to move closer to where they are?"

WC: 152  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

CryptidCat13

Blessed Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:58 pm
"Aoba? What a nice name, hmm, maybe i will try some meat.....I just wanna see if i would like it...." She walked up to the deer and took a bite, and chewed....it was still warm, it tasted good??? why would she like this? "I actually like it!" She took another bite, then backed up. "I really like this meat." She wondered if her ancestors ate like this? She licked her lips and smiled at Aoba.
"I want to learn to be like you." She giggled, this was exciting for her. She hoped he would understand, she just wanted to be the wild one she was meant to be!

Storm shook his head. "No, she can handle this, I feel this was meant to be, she is a fighter and she can take care of herself." He started to walk away, he was still her friend, but he knew she was meant to be wild.

wc 154  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:12 pm
"Praisia isn't a bad name, either." Aoba muttered, despite himself. He watched with great surprise as she approached the deer and took a bite. His eyes were big as platters: she liked it? She licked her lips? Somehow he had missed when hunting her down and now she wanted to be like him. It ws as if life had turned up on its ear. He approached her again. This time he licked the corner of her mouth. "There was some blood there." He looked at her and said, "I'm not much of a teacher but if you want to join my pack I will vouch for you. We are small but strong, with another fox walker like myself, and two wolves."

Aurora stared after him in surprise. Storm was going to let her go? What if she was in mortal danger? Was that, too, her choice to let her make? "Well... I am going to stay, and be ready in case she needs help. I'm sure you will be ready too." The presence of a walker was scary enough, without the added terror of being stalked and attacked. She couldn't leave these people alone, not for now.

WC 197  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

CryptidCat13

Blessed Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:37 pm
Praisia blushed as he licked some of the blood off of her. "I would love to join your pack.": She was excited, this is exactly what felt right to her, she hoped to fit in. They could be a team, and hunt for their whole pack. This was going to be like a close family, she just hoped she would be accepted. She turned to Aoba and rubbed her head on his.
"i think I have found my calling." She laughed. "But we need to not kill other ponies, I can't eat my own kind, it will make me sick. But deer and so on, it all sounds good to me." She nibbled a lil more on the deer and wiped her face clean of fresh blood, so tasty! The blood tasted good even. She felt a ping of love for Aoba, but she would keep that a secret, no need to scare her new friend. She hoped she could always be as useful to her new pack. She wanted to be useful, and important to the pack, especially to Aoba. She smiled even bigger, this was a new adventure for her, something exciting! She obviously was very proud of herself.

wc 201  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:17 pm
"I cannot promise the others would accept you, but I will not allow them to harm you." He thought of his brother Kiva and the twin wolves who ran with them, Kindred and Kognate. He would fight them if he must. He did not wonder why he would protect this female against his own family, just knew that he would. He nuzzled her when she rubbed against him. He was actually feeling something strange. A feeling that was different from anything he had known before. It felt warm and fuzzy, it felt good. So he did not question it. "I do not mind eating non-soquili meat only, and I will stop hunting soquili, but I cannot promise for the others. That is up to them to decide."

WC: 127  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

CryptidCat13

Blessed Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:45 am
"Well, I'm sure they will understand, If i can get them food that is not eating soquill meat they will understand, and if they don't want to stop, that's up to them, but I really feel they will like to be not feared as much. Or who knows, they may like that? I dunno." Praisia ate some more, she was really hungry, but only took a few bites, it was so good and she licked up some blood. She wondered why it tasted so good. She wondered if any of her family ate meat? She wondered if she was going to lose all her friends? If they didn't respect her choice, that is their problem. I mean if every pack had one of her, the world wouldn't be so scary. she licked her lips and then smiled at Aoba. He was so handsome, she didn't care he tried to kill her, he was hungry, hunger makes ppl do things. You just have to put yourself in others place, she hoped storm didn't hate her.

wc 174  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces