Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[Solo] Spring Blossoms at Sunrise | Rowan and Ken'Iefare FIN Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

mistalina13

- March 2022 RP Prompt -
How does your soquili feel about spring? Are they eager to seek out greener pastures or looking for friends? Are they hoping to find a mate and be struck by Cupid's arrow? Or maybe they just want everyone to get off their lawn and leave them alone. After such a long winter, it seems many creatures, great and small, are here to enjoy the break from the cold. How does your Soquili or Familiar fare?

If you're stuck -- you could simply have it revolve around Spring, a change in the season, new grasses and flowers growing, melting snow, thinning ice, and a lot more Soquili and Familiars out and about for whatever reason. Foal season's right around the corner after all (though we know Soq/Fams can have kids anytime) but it is the traditional time for much of nature. Think of it as spring break -- what's your Soq going to do?

Final Word Count: 1,607

Solo. No others unless invited please.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:10 pm
- Ken'Iefare -
They were watching the sunrise from the flower field where they had first confessed their feelings to one another - flowers of all starting to peek up through the scrub underhoof now that the winter had gone. Last year Ken'Iefare had stumbled over his thoughts and words for longer than he'd like to think, trying to puzzle his feelings for his friend. In hindsight it all seemed so obvious and simple. The blessing of looking back on something, he supposed.

"I can hardly believe it's already been a year since I first told you I loved you." Time tended to fly by when he was in Rowan's company. Even before they had been together that had always been the case in all the years they had known one another. "Here's to many more Acushla."

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:16 pm
- Rowan -
"It feels like it's been so long and yet it's been hardly any time at all." The yellow and orange like of morning was beginning to wash out the darkness of night now. "Come to think of it, it marks another year since we met as well." Young colts who had come across one another by chance as Ken'Iefare's family had traveled near the Valley herd lands. Despite the fact that Rowan was a bit older they became fast friends.

After they initially parted ways Rowan had worried he might never see his new friend again. Such things were never a guarantee, his father had said. But to his surprise and delight Ken'Iefare's family returned several times a year as they traced familiar paths. And as they grew older Ken'Iefare had come to visit more often on his own.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:24 pm
- Ken'Iefare -
"That it is." There was a smile on his face as he looked upon his beloved.

What he'd never told Rowan was the first few times he had come on his own he'd had to beg his mother's leave to do so. His father had been on his side and helped soothe her worries. He'd made promises to travel as swiftly and safely as possible. It had helped greatly once he had large enough wings to fly.

"The occasion calls for fresh adornments, don't you think?" He inclined his head to motion further into the field. "Shall we take a walk and see what calls to you most this morning?" He'd come prepared with a bag in case in case Rowan had trouble deciding or they weren't able to get all the blossoms settled in his mane on their own.

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:43 pm
- Rowan -
"Yeah, at least a few. I would feel bad plucking too many so soon." He looked this way and that, seeing if perhaps a patch of colors stood out to him. "The blues and purples over that way?" Even as he asked he was already moving.

This too had become part of their yearly ritual. Early each spring they would visit one of the wild flower fields in the Valley together and Rowan would pick out new fresh flowers to adorn himself with.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:58 pm
- Ken'Iefare -
It was only last year that dawn had become a part of it. Ken'Iefare had picked it because they were unlikely to be bothered - and because the hour of dawn meant beginnings. The sight of the sun had bolstered his hope.

When they had broached the subject of the fields last moon Rowan had been all too happy to go out at dawn again. So they could have the time truly to themselves. The mischievous look in his eyes when'd said it still made Ken'Iefare blush to think about. (His father always said he'd gotten his mother's shyness and sensibilities.)

"I think those would be lovely." And seemed to be in an abundance so Rowan would not have to worry about that. "Perhaps some white ones too?" All colors that stood out again his mate's coat and mane but didn't overwhelm.

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:09 pm
- Rowan -
"Oh, yes." His head was bent down inspecting them curiously. So many lovely ones...it might be hard to pick! "Pick a few for me? I might be quite busy here for a little bit." Perhaps it might be coltish but it was tempting to roll around in an out of the way patch to coat himself in their perfumes. They all had such nice smells, it seemed a shame to limit himself on beauty alone.

The soft thunk of a bag hitting the grass made his ears flick. "Ah, very thoughtful of you my dear as always." He nuzzled Ken'Iefare affectionately before the other stallion headed off in search of his contribution to their goal.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:40 pm
- Ken'Iefare -
He tilted his head and examined the field. He thought he had seen more white blossoms back the way they had come from. There were some dotted in between the others, though not all of them had managed to peak above their more colorful fellows from the looks of things. He nosed into the grass to try and pull the flowers out by their stems without crushing the petals.

This was a task that Gladiolus was far more suited to, but the pronghorn had insisted he had other things to do. More likely he had not wanted to be a third presence and put a damper on their celebration. If he wasn't very successful they could always bring him later on to gather more flowers for Rowan.

In the end only two of the flowers he retrieved were largely unscathed. But the rest could be dried and kept for their scent so they did not go to waste.

"Acushla, I believe I've found-"

He turned back to Rowan and burst out laughing.

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:02 pm
- Rowan -
He'd found the flowers he wanted, put them carefully into the bag. Then proceeded to find a patch of flowers to roll in until his mate was through. "What? Like you're surprised?" Rowan laughed too, it was nothing to be ashamed of. He shifted himself upright and lifted himself back onto his hooves. "I figure this way I might enjoy their scent a bit more strongly." Til it rained at any rate.

He watched his mate make several trips to drop additional flowers into the bag. "Those are lovely choices. Thank you."

The sun was slowly climbing higher in the sky. Another hour or two and they'd start to be missed. And they did have a bit of a journey ahead of them to get themselves back home this time.

"Why don't you have a roll in grass and the flowers before we go back?" It wasn't something Ken'Iefare typically did, but since today was special he might indulge?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:10 pm
- Ken'Iefare -
"Why don't I...." Ah. Uhm? His ears stood straight and then relaxed as he considered the idea. "I mean I suppose I could...." A forehoof pawed at the soft grass and thankfully already crushed blossoms. "You'll just have to help me pick them out of my feathers and scales later." Ken'Iefare had no doubt that his mate would. They groomed each other often regardless.

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:03 am
- Rowan -
Rowan gave him an encouraging nuzzle and took a few steps to the side to give Ken'Iefare enough space. "That would be my pleasure to do as always."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:05 pm
- Ken'Iefare -
The nuzzle helped soothe the embarrassment that was bubbling up. He tucked his wings in as tightly as he could to protect them as he rolled over in the grass. It was surprising kind of fun? It was also a little bit strange to be looking up at Rowan from his angle. He chuckled and kept at it for a few more minutes, enjoying the soft scritches of the grass against his coat.

When he was done he rolled back over, shaking out his mane and extending his wings before getting back up. "That wasn't so bad...." He hadn't done it since he was small and barely had any wingspan to speak of.

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:12 pm
- Rowan -
"See!" Rowan was clearly pleased. "And, as I promised." He hummed and trotted over. Then began carefully picking bits of petals and grass from his mate's and wings.

"Thank you for this morning, my dear."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:15 pm
- Ken'Iefare -
"Thank you for every morning, every day and every night Acushla. In the past, now and always." He draped his head over his neck as best he could and pulled him into a hug. "I do not know where I would be without you."

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:46 pm
- Rowan -
"Nor I without you." He couldn't imagine what his life would have been without their chance encounter and the friendship that grew from it.

"Spread out your closer wing, you have grass in your flight feathers dear." He ducked his head under the wing once it was extended and nosed at the grass until it dislodged. "It looks like this side is done. Let me go around and check the other."

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff