Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:55 pm
Hello and welcome to the Nerd Hangout! Here we discuss nerdy things such as programming, roleplaying, anime, and whatever nerdy things you can imagine.
Feel free to tell us about whatever nerdy things you have been doing, show off your programs, or ask for help on any such topics.

Also, I will be posting a log of what I have been up to. Feel free to make your own thread showing off what you have been up to.
Here are some of the topics that will be in my log:

1. I have been working on an automated marketplace checker that reports on prices of items in the marketplace three times a day. This is being programed in java that generates html pages on my apache server. In a few more days, a working beta of this program should be up and usuable. I will make all code availible in case anyone else would lik eto play iwth it. It is a relatively small program right now with a lot of possibilities open for improvements. So if you want a java program you could work on a little bit for some experiance and modify in a relatively short amount of time with noticable results this is a great oppertunity. I also have a CVS account active. Anyone who gets to know me and is proven trustworthy can be given a username and password for this account so that they can make upgrades on the fly if they want.
2. I am starting an Internship at Nokia doing Software Qaulity Assurance. I will be documenting what it is like working at Nokia for anyone interested in working in the software development field.
3. I am building a new pc this summer. Or I should say upgrading the one I have. I will talk about my dream machine and all the shiny parts I have. Anyone who has questions about upgrading their own pcs or suggestions for me can post them.

Also, everyone feel free to make new threads on the nerdy topic of your choice!  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:24 am
I like this place.

A little bit empty, but adorable. 3nodding  

Illoke

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:31 pm
Don't worry, more posts are coming soon. 3nodding
I just need a few days to get everything in order!  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:39 pm
Okay, I'm your first lurker.  

Illoke

psychotic__Gal

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:53 pm
...roleplaying isn't nerdy... is it? eek  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:14 pm
Most people generally do consider it as such, yes. 3nodding

*refers you to any one of the many D&D parody videos out there*

*then attacks the darkness*  

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

Aurora Sing
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:14 pm
Nerds are so much fun xd  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:50 am
being a nerd is not a bad thing, well not much as long as you not alone. i spend alot of my time with fantasy books,manga, and anime with my other nerdy friends  

high summoner of aeons

lx-Mischa-xl

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 11:20 am
I write comic books, so that has to put me high up there in the nerdy heirarchy... eek  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:02 pm
Yeah there definitally are many many types of nerds. heart
What comic books do you write? Do you have any examples of your artwork online? Id be interested to see it. ^_^  

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

Fallen Trust

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:20 pm
I try to be nerdy. I ran a roleplaying group at my school before it was banned. It was fun...D&D. We didn't get very far though. It took them FOREVER to create their characters stare  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:18 pm
I actually started playing D&D in 6th grade at school. We did manage to make out characters rather quickly and it was an interesting, if not extremly rules broken game.  

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

psychotic__Gal

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:14 pm
MrBobVilla
Most people generally do consider it as such, yes. 3nodding

*refers you to any one of the many D&D parody videos out there*

*then attacks the darkness*

I see...

...I don't know what else to say...lol..  
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 8:17 pm
One of us! One of us! One of us! twisted  

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

MadamMerteuil

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:50 am
Umm, I'm a nerd? Of course I am since I write novels and other articles plus I wear glasses hahaha. Ish taking photography and being a photographer nerdy? Because I lurve being a student photographer.
heart

8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games