Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Dream computer? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:08 pm
I am building a new computor using a pentium D 805 2.66 gigahertz processor. I have a liquid cooling kit already and Fluid Xp+ for the liquid. Being liquid cooled, it should allow me to overclock this processor to 4.1 gigahertz. O.O But first I need a motherboard for it. The motherboard needs to be a good one to handle all that extra voltage. Its quite a lot extra really hehe.

So everyone talk about your dream computer, or ask me questions. I should be able to answer most questions on computer related stuff if you are planning on upgrading yourself or are just curious. So post away!  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:07 pm
MrBobVilla
I am building a new computor using a pentium D 805 2.66 gigahertz processor. I have a liquid cooling kit already and Fluid Xp+ for the liquid. Being liquid cooled, it should allow me to overclock this processor to 4.1 gigahertz. O.O But first I need a motherboard for it. The motherboard needs to be a good one to handle all that extra voltage. Its quite a lot extra really hehe.

So everyone talk about your dream computer, or ask me questions. I should be able to answer most questions on computer related stuff if you are planning on upgrading yourself or are just curious. So post away!

WOW. eek  

God of the Black Flames

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 4:21 pm
Too bad that motherboard is sooo expensive or else I'd be playing on a super cool computer right now. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:00 pm
My dream computer...happens to be priced at about $17k or more, which I would purchase from Alienware. Yeah, they're over-priced...but they're stylish. And they come with liquid cooling...and come with QUAD SLI graphics! Four Nvidia GPUs! *melts*  

DrakeWurrum

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:14 am
Yeah that definitally is a dream computer but I think I will stay in the realm of reality for now >_>  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:50 am
damn, that's sweet. My dream computer is one that holds my favorite games that I can play with my x-box 360 controller that won't over heat or die out. So if anyone makes one...holla at me!  

Nycko

DrakeWurrum

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:58 am
MrBobVilla
Yeah that definitally is a dream computer but I think I will stay in the realm of reality for now >_>

clicky

Oh, it's real. It's just...expensive.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:54 pm
Nycko
damn, that's sweet. My dream computer is one that holds my favorite games that I can play with my x-box 360 controller that won't over heat or die out. So if anyone makes one...holla at me!

I know they have made several cords to plug in your old school controllers, but I don't know any that work for the newer ones. Microsoft should think about getting someone to do that. It would definitely be interesting.  

Epic Fail Girl

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:02 am
DrakeWurrum
MrBobVilla

clicky

Oh, it's real. It's just...expensive.

Yeah..reality for me though is only waht I can afford >_>  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:02 pm
A PowerMac G5 is currently my dream computer. I'd probably never buy this ever unless I have that kind of money to spend on a computer:

• 2.5 GHz Quad-Core PowerPC G5
  • 16 GB 533 DDR2 ECC SDRAM
  • 2 500 GB SATA Hard Disks (7200 RPM)
  • NVIDIA QUADRO FX 4500 512 MB SDRAM
  • 2 30" Apple Cinema HD Displays
  • AirPort Extreme + Bluetooth Built In
  • 16x SuperDrive
  • Apple Keyboard and Mighty Mouse
  • Cost: 21,470.00 USD

I got to use a lab full of PowerMac G5s before for a university research project and I loved them! Granted, a person probably will never need this much in a computer but this is something I would waste my money on if I had 21,470.00 USD to spare.  

Jironimo Kasumi

SupremeOverlordLaharl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:39 pm
Jironimo Kasumi
A PowerMac G5 is currently my dream computer. I'd probably never buy this ever unless I have that kind of money to spend on a computer:

• 16x SuperDrive

I got to use a lab full of PowerMac G5s before for a university research project and I loved them! Granted, a person probably will never need this much in a computer but this is something I would waste my money on if I had 21,470.00 USD to spare.

gonk wow that is crazy.

But if you shop for computer parts you HAVE to go to www.newegg.com, i bought my computer from there and all the parts were CHEAP!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:15 pm
Wow you guys really do think big dont you. 21k?? O_O  

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

CosmicSweetss

Sparkly Fairy

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:58 pm
A mac... :: sigh ::

Or a really souped up machine running on linspire XD  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:14 pm
Chii of Hearts
A mac... :: sigh ::

Or a really souped up machine running on linspire XD

Linspire? Just curious but why not Debian, Ubuntu, Slackware, or Fedora?  

Jironimo Kasumi

wanchi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:49 pm
Jironimo Kasumi

• 16x SuperDrive

That computer is crap my friend has one.

Why does everybody like "Mac" the OS Is really Gay is pratically unbreakable.

gets Windows and a gig stick and a decent video and i think your life is set for you life .

And Sli system is gay its not like your gonna run Half Life 2 freakin a 100 times with out your computer blowing up.

>.>

Go learn about computers.

>.>  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games