fReAKy PnAy
some manga books costs like $10.54

yeah the cost depends on the publisher @_@  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:05 pm
xsakakix
fReAKy PnAy

And that price is for Del Rey. They're not exactly a new company, but they're a newer publishing company of manga. Unfortuantely, to keep up with funding in order to get more names under their label, they needed to price higher. Hopefully once they get enough names and enough buyers, they will lower the price of their manga.

By far, though, I think the worst pricing would have to be for the "yaoi". That stuff costs $15 +. gonk  

Teh Shoujo
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

xsakakix

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:45 pm
Teh Shoujo
xsakakix
fReAKy PnAy

And that price is for Del Rey. They're not exactly a new company, but they're a newer publishing company of manga. Unfortuantely, to keep up with funding in order to get more names under their label, they needed to price higher. Hopefully once they get enough names and enough buyers, they will lower the price of their manga.

By far, though, I think the worst pricing would have to be for the "yaoi". That stuff costs $15 +. gonk

LOL hahahaha again it depends! 4laugh i mean how do you like your yaoi? sexy or super hot??? xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:10 pm
About 10 bucks each in the U.S.
I HATE IT!  

xX hikari san Xx

Teh Shoujo
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:55 am
xsakakix
LOL hahahaha again it depends! 4laugh i mean how do you like your yaoi? sexy or super hot??? xd

It also depends on what you mean by sexy and super hot. If sexy means just hot men, then technically it's only shounen-ai. And if super hot means very rough into detail with sex, love, and the whole works, then that would be yaoi. The latter of the two is what I love the best 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:27 pm
Teh Shoujo
xsakakix

It also depends on what you mean by sexy and super hot. If sexy means just hot men, then technically it's only shounen-ai. And if super hot means very rough into detail with sex, love, and the whole works, then that would be yaoi. The latter of the two is what I love the best 3nodding

lol i hear ya sister!  

xsakakix

Bemused Dreamer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:39 pm
I don't think the price for Japanese manga's too bad, considering the cost for publishing, translating, and whatnot. What I don't get is why they charge the same amount for the stuff that's made by people in the U.S. They should be cheaper, shouldn't they?

Ah, but I wanted to cry when I saw stuff like Antique Bakery and Cafe Kichijoji were like actually $12, rather than the usual 9-10.

Oh, and I love buying manga in Korean (manhwa). It's about $5-7 per book.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:44 pm
The art books (like illustrated), for example, CLAMP South Side, its like $30+

I really wanted it gonk (I spent it on Rozen Maiden and Rurouni Kenshin vol. 26)

Lady Miyuka
Vice Captain

BosnianPrincess_Ines

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:23 am
When I buy manga it usually isn't that expensive, usually its around $6 to $10.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:27 pm
In Canada, I don't think they are really expensive!  

Mimishka

hot_cutiepie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:40 pm
ive spent more then $700 and there $10 each I don't think there that expensive  
Manga Maniacs Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff