Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you?
  D;
View Results

Socks-the-Kitsune

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:54 pm
(If this shouldn't be here, I'm sorry. gonk )

Yes, anything. Punk, Ska, Emo, Country, Metal, Indie, uh...techno (never really listened to it before)...anything at all! Socks is in her "I need new music!" mode. You can never have too much.

(If you can, post links to places such as PureVolume and MySpace. No, I'm not asking for downloads!)

Kthnx. heart

For a rough idea of what I already listen to, you can go to My Myspace. *shudders*  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:13 am
Well, to start off, you have a very diverse taste in music, mostly in the rock genre, which is always good. Even though I myself am not a fan of the Emo taste of music, music is just all based on preference, anyway. However, you like the Planet Smashers, which automatically makes you awesome. xD

In terms of what I can suggest for music to listen to, the obvious would have to be Jimi Hendrix, first off. His first and second album will amaze you and leave you wanting more, at least this is what it did to me. A God on the guitar and great songwriting skills makes him a must for listening to. I would also like to reccommend the band Led Zeppelin, which is a no-brainer in terms of great rock/blues/folk fusion music.

In terms of more experimental rock, I highly suggest the Flaming Lips. They have an extremely unique sound and they may come off as quirky, but they present intelligent music that is a delight to hear. And of course, I have to reccommend that greatness that is NIN if you want something new. His old stuff is amazing and you might like his new stuff, too. (:

In terms of good Ska and Punk, The Planet Smashers and Aquabats are A-Number One on my list. P: And in the punk genre, I definitely have to go with Black Label Society, Rancid, The Sex Pistols, and The Clash, just to name a few.

Currently, I'm addicted to this one band from England called Portishead. They have a unique kind of sound which is usually labeled as Trip Hop, which is a mixture of catchy beats linked with soulful lyrics and haunting vocals. They're a breathe of fresh air for me, and I highly reccommend them, so catch a listen to Portishead if you get the chance! (:

Hope that I was a bit of help with music suggestions, lol. Whatever you choose to listen to, I hope that you take some liking to some of them. : D

FLCLboy

bloodlust_angelkel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:18 am
I'm starting to get into Evanscence you might like it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:53 am
for you being a newb in the techno scene, i would recommend checkin' out DJ Dieselboy twisted  

DJ Grizz

FLCLboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:25 am
Also never forget the electronica masters Aphex Twin and Squarepusher for some IDM techno, and a little bit of ambient to boot.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:17 am
my chemical romance- im not okay or cemetery drive  

Iris_16

hegel5000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:57 pm
FLCLboy
Also never forget the electronica masters Aphex Twin and Squarepusher for some IDM techno, and a little bit of ambient to boot.

` Hey, I'm listening to "My Red Hot Car (Girl)". In fact, I only just realized how to find out what the song being played was in the RadioPSI podcast in Winamp, so I only just was able to find out that Aphex Twin and Squarepusher were being played. Well, now I'm listening to a parody rap battle involving being attacked by bees.
` Anyways, you could say that I get my reccomendations through the RadioPSI podcasts (in .ogg format).  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:44 am
Anything by System of a Down. Best. Band. Ever.  

Spex8929

StalkerGirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:15 am
You Need Classic Rock. ok? Heres Your List: Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, The Who, ZZ Top, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, The Doors, The Eagles, Jimi Hendrix, Jethro Tull, Queen, Tom Petty, The Guess Who, Quiet Riot, Def Leppard, Bachman Turner Overdrive, Steppenwolf, Supertramp, Van Halen, & More. (I'm Too Lazy To Type Them All Up.)
Now We Got Out Regular Rock Bands: Good Charlotte, Jet, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, Evanescence, Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, Sum 41, Slipknot, Green Day, The Killers, Gold Finger, Jimmy Eat World, All American Rejects, American Hi Fi, Sugarcult, & More (That I'm Still Too Lazy To Type)
Hope That Helps You

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:28 pm
I suggest The All-American Rejects, Incubus, Busted, Panic! At the Disco, Fall Out Boy, and The Killers.

Maiden of Night

Athena_Samn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:18 am
The Audition! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:03 pm
X Japan, The B'z, Luna Sea, L'Arc~en~Ciel, The Pillows, Malice Mizer, Glay, Dir en Grey, Gackt, Orange Range, and Psycho le Cemu.  

Sugihide

Knife In Yer Guts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:35 pm
MSI-If you like a mix of punk,techno,metal,rap
Mushroomhead-If you like alternative metal
(Both sigs are links to their main sites)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:26 pm
Nightwish, the new AFI album, Sting's debut album (everyone should listen to this at least once), ThouShaltNot, Voltaire, the Darkness, the album Violator by Depeche Mode, and the album Reckoning Night by Sonata Arctica.  

Vulgar Fictions

P34ch35

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:29 am
For Techno I suggest you look into:

DJ Tiesto
Royksopp
Paul Oakenfold
Armen Van Buren
Darude

There's some variety in there, you'll probably find something you like.

ALso, someone mentioned Evanescence; look for the "unreleased" tracks. They lack as much hip-hop influence and become more of a pop-techno, rock-electronica, or just general vocal-techno. Far better than their radio releases IMO.  
"YMS" ♪Your Music Station♫

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff