relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 1: Marketplace Hangout
New items = Massive profits? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inflation Prices for free items? (6/20/06)
  Yes
  No
  What Free items?!
View Results

kazmania

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:03 pm
Do you think that in a few months, (or maybe next update) that the free items we recieved will become more expensive, thus resulting in higher profits to the seller?

personally, i don't think that the prices will go up too much,
but it might be worth while to hold on to them for a bit.

Comments?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:29 pm
No, there will be no profit margin whatsoever. Technically, these items are worth 0 gold. They have a sellback value of 1 gold. These new items aren't profitable in the slightest bit. If these items were limited, then we might be looking at some inflation, but these new noob packs are here to stay, so there will be nothing but a price decrease for these items.  

Awkwardo

Anxious Smoker

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Poetic Owl

Angelic Bookworm

14,675 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:49 am
i don't really think so... sad  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:48 am
I'd have to agree, no one would really buy any of these items when you could get them for free, or easily trade one colored item for another with a friend (the first thing me and a few of my own friends did). I've already seen the market is flooding with all of these items, but I've had no urge to buy a 1g shirt for 100g.  

Heliotropic tendancies

Vicieux

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:14 am
pffft, why would anyone want to pay for these items? they're for FREE, there's no need to pay unless you're a moron. people can just make shitloads of new accounts to have all sets of the items, they don't have to buy them... that is unless they're too lazy to make a new account. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:16 am
Vicieux
pffft, why would anyone want to pay for these items? they're for FREE, there's no need to pay unless you're a moron. people can just make shitloads of new accounts to have all sets of the items, they don't have to buy them... that is unless they're too lazy to make a new account. xp
I agree... just not in such strong language sweatdrop Nevertheless, still true.  

x_bluefire_x

Vicieux

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:20 am
x_bluefire_x
Vicieux
this is actually a little bit more blunt than i usually am, but i could always be a little more straightfoward. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:30 am
Vicieux
x_bluefire_x
Vicieux
this is actually a little bit more blunt than i usually am, but i could always be a little more straightfoward. xd
Meh, I can be blunt too. Nothing wrong with being blunt really - it can be quite entertaining at times xd And when you need to get a point across it's your best bet.  

x_bluefire_x

rathykins

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:04 am
The best time to sell was probably right when the site was re-designed and the packs were just initiated. I was online when it happened, and I decided to sell pretty much everything immediately, and I made a decent profit.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:41 pm
In my opinion, the new "n00b packs" are going to either stay the same price or drop down to the same value as dirt.

Not only are these packs not limited, but people are going to make new accounts just to get them and sell these items. That's going to flood the marketplace with these pieces of junk along with deflating their current value of 50 to around 5 each.

Not a good investment, if you were wondering.  

Destrius

Champion

Crimson_Firefox

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:18 pm
I doubt it, unless they stop giving them out, and more new people join gaia.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:32 pm
Ahaha, they're selling the stuff in the stores for 2g xD

Ooh, new emoticons burning_eyes

x_bluefire_x

Sir John The 1st

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:48 am
i like my money  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:58 am
Even if they weren't sold in stores, people can just create new accounts to get each of the packs.  

Kimchi Noodle

Aka_Saiyaku

6,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:56 pm
now that the items can only b found in word bump the prices hav gone up to about 15-20g in the mp  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff