Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Final Fantasy Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll!
  Final Fantasy!
View Results

Aerial Goddess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:59 am
I could honestly play final fantasy all day ... every day until I've finished it a few times before I'd put it down. Everything Final Fantasy rocks. The music is eargasmic, the graphics are getting better with each game and the technology is advancing with it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:17 pm
In general FF is good but I must say some of those games really sucked. 8, and 10 for starters..  

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

Kekma

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:42 pm
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thought they sucked. They are my bf's favorites.

As for me, currently I'm re-playing FFVI again. That game is the main reason why my SNES is hooked up.

^^  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:42 pm
I'm stuck playing the older games on ROM's because my bro took the SNES and PS2 to his g/f's house. Oh well.  

Epic Fail Girl

AHKyle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:42 pm
MrBobVilla
In general FF is good but I must say some of those games really sucked. 8, and 10 for starters..

Please, I must have someone explain to me again why 10 sucked.

I personally don't care for 8, but 10... I'll stand by it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:53 pm
Final Fantasy 10 is quite possibly the crappiest mmorpg out there. Go play world of warcraft or something and tell me everything about FF10 doesn't suck compared to it.  

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

x_Inkheart_x

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:18 am
I've never played the game but in my opinion, I think that Final Fantasy has one of the most realistic and yet animated games and movies ever...But I think FF7, 8, and 10 have the most life-like animations.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:23 pm
sorry guys but none of the ff will ever beat ffVII 10 just sucked on storyline and all and to think it was the only one to come out with a sequel  

seeath

seeath

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:27 pm
the only thing good about x2 was the way that riku was dressed she really grew up in that one redface wink  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:48 pm
Final Fantasy X was excellent.
MrBobVilla, I think you're thinking of Final Fantasy XI... 10 wasn't a MMORPG...
I thought that Final Fantasy X had a nice story, memorable characters, and a unique way of levelling up. The sphere grid was a little annoying at first, but I learned to like it. I liked in this game that there was voice acting, though they said "y'know" and "ya" a lot at the end of their sentences. It was pretty crazy how they made it through the whole game without saying Tidus' name.
I enjoyed the graphics of the games, and the Aeons were amazing. Looking at Shiva's Diamond Dust at Final Fantasy V and then looking at it in Final Fantasy X... I could see they really captured what they meant to do in FFV. I don't see why so many of you dislike Final Fantasy X, I found it to be a very good game. Is it because it had "love" involved and you guys don't like seeing that in a game? confused
Final Fantasy X-2 on the other hand was an unnecessary and weak sequal. Final Fantasy X ended in a pretty good way and didn't need any continuing. Now, I haven't seen the special cutscene in the Final Fantasy X-2 Farplane, but I'm sure it isn't good enough to make the game in general more respectable. X-2 looked like a mockery to the Final Fantasy series to me. I mean, the job class thing was pretty damn cool, but the game's storyline, the fact that you can't change your party, and the way how the game's battle/equip/levelling system isn't even close to the previous game... Those things just kinda ruined it all.

Final Fantasy 7 was pretty cool, but I don't see why everyone loved it so much. And why is Final Fantasy 8 disliked?

My favourite Final Fantasy game is Final Fantasy Tactics... that game is just amazing. I really liked Final Fantasy 4 too, FFV had catchy music, and I didn't get into FFVI too much... can't seem to find out where to go next in that game.

I have Final Fantasy 1 (remake), 2 (remake), 4, 5, 6 (special features added), 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, Tactics, and Adventure.
I've beat Final Fantasy 4, 7, 10, 10-2, and Tactics.

that sounds like enough Final Fantasy posting from me : x  

Danno

The Cloaked Schemer VI

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:34 pm
8 was good 9 sucked...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:08 am
MrBobVilla
Final Fantasy 10 is quite possibly the crappiest mmorpg out there. Go play world of warcraft or something and tell me everything about FF10 doesn't suck compared to it.

Um... I think you mean 11 bud. 10 was the game with Lulu, Rikku, Auron, Tidus, ect... And it wasn't an mmorpg.

Oh, and for the record: I liked both 8 and ten. Though 1 still holds a special place in my heart. ^_^

-Lek

Lord Sereem

headstartrestart

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:16 pm
My favorite final fantasy had to have been seven. However, I loved eight just as much...

I think the reason why the Final Fantasy fanbase went crazy over seven is because they tried it in 3D. Even the creators said it held a special place in their hearts, even though the graphics resemble wetcardboard. o3o.

Sadly, my PS2 no longer plays PS1 discs, so I'm left without the knowledge of many things in those two worlds... I am, however, getting Dirge of Cerberus.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:23 am
ok...they were all good...except 8 and 9..and X-2...wait...i keep forgetting...thats not final fantasy...thats just a piece of crap they put on a cd with final fantasy characters...

ive beaten

1,working on 2, working on 3, dont have 4, dont have 5, dont have 6, beaten 7 32 times...yes 32..., 8 once...never again, 9 didnt give it the courtesy and never will, 10...good game, 10-2 not even part of the series, 11: chains of promathia, 12 looks cool, 13 will be the last one i buy...because after i get that and a ps3...ill be so broke ill have to sell my house...and looks fxcking amaxing..lol  

There_Goes_My_Decaf

(Geek)_O.o_[Nerd]or_LOSER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:01 pm
7 is the best period. 8 is pretty good. 9 was fun to play. 10 was a really well done one, story was alright. Auron rules.  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games