Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Memorable Threads Archive
Announcements & Links - Updated 7/24/09 Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaldorei

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:07 pm
04/27/05
Our guild is now official! biggrin Thanks to everyone who donated! We are hoping to make this guild one of the largest on Gaia, so please feel free to invite your friends and post to your hearts content within the rules. Kamirose and I will be constantly updating this thread with new announcements as well as general links of interest. Have fun, and if you have any questions/suggestions/comments/rants feel fee to PM either Kamirose or myself (or other moderators).

Post 1 - Table of Contents
Post 2 - Links of Interest
Post 3 - Guild Banners
Post 4 - Guild Events and Projects
Post 5 and Onward - Updated Announcements  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:09 pm
Links of Interest

Affiliates
The Gaian Gay Straight Alliance (The Other One)
User Image
User Image

Gaian
The Original Guild Thread
Gaian Terms of Service
Rules
Gaia Guild Network FAQ
Gaian Pride Petition (With Free Signatures)
Banners
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance Publicity Thread

General
Teen Sexuality

Coming Out Information
Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Resource Guide
Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) Support

Transgender Issues
What Does 'Transgender' Mean

Events
Day of Silence
National Coming Out Day

Organizations
Gay and Lesbian Teen Suicide Prevention Hotline
Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network
Gay and Lesbian Teen Services on the Internet
Gay-Straight Alliance Network
Human Rights Campaign
Violence and Hate Crimes Against Gays and Lesbians
Youth Activism
Youth Advocacy
The Triangle Project [South Africa]

News
365 Gay
The Advocate
Equally Speaking [HRC]

Other
The Bible And Sexuality Debate
Does the Bible Condemn Homosexuality? An Interview with Dr Reverend Cheri DiNovo
What the Bible sys - And Doesn't Say - About Homosexuality
What the Bible says about Homosexuality
Homosexuality and the Bible
The American Civil Liberties Union
Furry Sociology
HIV and AIDS Info
Rainbow depot

If anyone has any further links they would like to add then feel free to message one of the crew members. smile  

Kaldorei

Kaldorei

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:10 pm
Guild Banners

Help promote our guild! Here are a couple of guild banners I stole from the original thread. All you have to do is copy/paste the given code into your profile and you are set to go. These banners are here thanks to Kamirose and Mr. Pink Pants. If you would like to contribute another banner, please contact a crew member. Thanks! smile

Note: Additional banners are available here thanks to Thalassan.

Kamirose

User Image
[URL=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?page_mode=4&guild_id=4702]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v16/Kamirose/Kamirose.gif[/img]
[/URL]

Mr. Pink Pants

User Image
[URL=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?page_mode=4&guild_id=4702]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/nickwaldbillig/ggsa.gif[/img]
[/URL]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:18 pm
Guild Events and Projects

There are currently no scheduled upcoming events.

The Safe Zone project is now active. If you would like to suggest a thread to be put on the list, or you would like your own thread to be added, please post in the Official Safe Zone Thread.

Currently working on Safe Zone project. If you would like to submit a sticker to be used, please post it in the Safe Zone suggestion thread or PM the link to Kamirose or myself. Thanks! smile

Kamirose edit:
The official GGSA website is under construction. I've posted a link to it on a different thread. Expect broken links, since it is still new.  

Kaldorei

Kamirose

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:51 pm
Everything you'd want to know about the LGBT community:
Note: you may need to belong to a research institution to read some of the following articles.

Gay Parenting and Adoption

Causation

What The Bible Says  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:45 am
04/30/05
Wow! We have been growing a lot the past couple days considering that we have been oficial for only three days! Much thanks to Thalassan for his brilliant advertising with our latest publicity thread, and all of the dedicated posters we have around here. Don't everbe scared to make a new thread or just chat, we have a strict anti-flamepolicy around here to make everyone as comfortable as we can. It is one thing to disagree with someone, but if you are being made fun of orinsulted on these forums, please PM a crew member. Thanks everyone for helping this place grow! As we get more members, I am hoping we canadd contests and guild event and such.

~Kaldorei  

Kaldorei

Kamirose

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:55 am
4/30/05
Thalassan has been upgraded to crew status for his hard work for the guild! He has made banners, a publicity thread, and has been working hard for us since our formation. Please welcome him!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:04 am
My first announcement as a crew member is to ask that we please try to minimize "quote towers."

What is a quote tower?
Quote:

T
Quote:

h
Quote:

i
Quote:

s

Basically what I'm saying is, when your quotes start to look like Aztec pyramids, please start over 3nodding Four or five quotes is probably plenty.

Thanks, it makes everything MUCH easier to follow!  

Neurotransmission

Kamirose

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:28 pm
5/03/05

We have over 100 members! I just thought I'd let everyone know. Thanks to all of you, the GGSA has become a much larger success than I had expected!  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:06 pm
5/08/05

Please cease from using the first banner in the banners section in your signatures. It's too big (139 kb)

I'm going to compress the image later.

If you leave it in your signature, it could get disabled.

If this happens, change the banner.png image to banner2.png and then PM a purple moderator. heart  

Neurotransmission

Kaldorei

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:16 am
06/06/05
You guys have made some great banners. I am now editing the new banner selections into the first post in Thalassan's sticky. All my thanks go to Tard Muffin, ProfJadeMelilot, Lynwa, Spork Queen, and Suinaliath for contributing. heart

In other news, seeing these nice new banners got me thinking about the Safe Zone project again. If anyone here would like to help me design and distribute banners for that project, that would be most excellent.

Next up, I am thinking that having guild affiliations may be an excellent idea to increase posting traffic on here and give all of us other communities to post in and participate with as well. So once I clear this with Kamirose, we may expect to see some community building with other guilds in the near future if everything works out.

Next, I have noticed we have a growing number of members but one thing that isn't growing quite as fast is our post count. The quality of the posts I see in here are excellent, but our post count is small in proportion to our member size. I just want to remind everyone that this is a safe environment, so feel free to post in threads and make threads of your own without fear of getting flamed or anything like that. All I ask is that you follow the TOS and give most of your posts meaning and/or purpose, which I don't think has really been that much of a problem as of yet because you are all such great posters.

Finally, I would like to congratulate everyone as a guild for achieving a new milestone in membership count -- we now have over 200 members. Congratulations everyone! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:41 pm
6/15/05

We've hit another milestone, congrats! Over 2,000 posts in the GGSA. Keep on going!

I also wanted to let everyone know that my finals week is coming up, and I won't be on very often Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week. I'll try to check in every once in a while, but I can't guarantee it.  

Kamirose

Kaldorei

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:04 pm
07/02/05

Sorry guys. I took a break from the Internet for a few days because I needed one, and I came back to about 10-15 join requests so it's sort of my fault this guild hasn't been moving the past few days. sweatdrop I notice that we haven't been growing as fast as usual lately, so if anyone has any ideas to make this place grow, do make a thread or throw me a PM. 3nodding

Thanks,
~Kaldorei  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:21 pm
7/11/05

As some of you may have noticed, we now have 3 Safe Zones, and there are more waiting to be put on the list! I just wanted to remind everyone that any kind of thread - RP, discussion, commerce, shop, ect. - can go on the list. Anyone who has a suggestion for a possible Safe Zone, please post it in the Safe Zone sticky! Or, if it's your thread, fill out the form and post it.

I also wanted to let everyone know that I will be going on vacation starting on Wednesday, and I'll be gone for two weeks. The first week, I might have access to a computer, but I'm not positive on that.  

Kamirose

Neurotransmission

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:34 am
Where is everyone? It's kind of silent as of late.
GET POSTING.

KTHX :O

I want to see some posting.

D:  
Memorable Threads Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items