Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Update: wierd topic + bullying problems Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

brettyboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:51 pm
I know this is wierd.. but ... well most people ask for advice on how to be nicer... my problem is... I'm too nice if someone bothers me I let it go, I may be the biggest guy in school but I get picked on all the time, I'm 6 ft 4, but I'm a gentle giant, when I was younger I was picked on so much, I'd pent it p until every now and then I'd flip out, I basically go hulk everyone, in gr. 7 I chucked an entire desk at someone, affterwards I fall down bawling my head off cause I hurt someone, I haven't "Blew up" in 2 years, I fear it may happen again and I might really hurt someone,.... can you help me, find some way to vent it afterwards.. I play video games but I got so good it's not challenging enough to release stress... another problem is.. I accidently hurt people alot, I will be playing, like I'll throw a snowball at someone, after they threw one at me, we're playing, and I'll throw it so hard they fall over and are in pain... I'm a monster...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:20 pm
Heh. Reminds me of that one guy in the new version of "The Longest Yard".

Phew. Tough problem. I wouldn't call you a monster, though. We all have outbursts... some more than others. At least you haven't done it for a while.

Based on what I learned during my my security officer training, the best way to calm down is to just vent. Not through actions, but through words. If you feel like you're about to lose it, just get out a pencil and paper and just write out what happened and how you feel about it. If that doesn't work, you might also try telling somebody who you're close to. Heck, you can even tell me. I'll listen. But tell somebody... because usually, it feels good to get something like that off of your chest.  

A Skepty
Vice Captain

Dapper Elocutionist

Impish Desires

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:24 pm
I'd say to go on a long walk/run/bike ride/ ect...if you're able

It helps get rid of extra energy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:31 pm
Well, thank you but I really need help with the being too nice part, also I don't have many friends so... I wouldn't know where to turn... thank you guys, but the thing is it's the grade under me that's horrible, the past two years I didn't have to bother with them, this year they're coming to the high school so I'm worried.... also.. I have trouble with hyperness last time I was hyper I was at a campsite with my cousin, I chased him around, picked up a table anbd threw it at him breaking it, but missed... hrmm sounds familiar.. I see... keep me away from tables! ^_^;  

brettyboy

PastelFlame

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:04 pm
I agree with what the previous people have said. The best thing to do is either walk away or say what's on your mind. Try to focus on being gentle, like being gentle with bunnies 3nodding . With the extreme niceness, there is nothing wrong with being nice, but sometimes you have to consider yourself and your well being before other people. I hope it goes well! smile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:09 pm
Hmm. Well, it's great that you are a nice guy, but like you said, there is a thing as being too nice. And I know it's hard to actually do, but make sure you stand up for yourself (if you're being picked on) before you explode! If people are picking on you, don't let them push you to the breaking point- Most likely, that's what they're looking for!
If you can, like Skepty said, keep a journal, write things down. If you feel like you have pent up energy, spend it in sports, like Tarrien said- One of my friends runs for MILES when she's angry, just to cool off! It sounds like you have strength to spare, but I don't know if you'd want to be in agressive sports (Say, fighting sports) because it would be a bad place to burst, no matter what others may tell you (Like the 'Imagine is '? Yeah, that doesn't normally help, usually it seems to make it worse.) Are there any sports you really like? Or even physical activities, like swimming, or running. Mindless vigorating activities are good.

I know it seems like (At least to ME!) that I'm just giving a basic spiel, but I've been bullied to breaking too, just I don't have any physical strength- however, I still hurt people without meaning to! When I was younger, we used to play 'Jail', and some of the kids would get the bad guys and put them in jail (Or some other capture game with the same basic ideas) and whenever someone would get someone else, we'd take them usually by the shoulders (so our hands on their shoulders) and push them towards the jail- but everyone got mad at me because they thought I was pinching them! I was so confused, because I didn't mean to, and I was about 6-7 at the time and didn't know!
And the few friends thing? If you have any hobbies, show them off! This past summer I got more active in theatre and made many more friends- before this summer I had very few, sometimes it felt like I had none.

I guess it's hard for me to connect someone nice, and someone not having many friends, because from what you've posted, if I actually knew you in person, I'd definately talk to you and everything! There are so many jerks in the world, and you definately aren't one of them!

I could probably say more, but this is getting quite long. I know it's hard to carry out things that people tell you to do, because from experience this sort of thing is harder than it sounds, but I feel that you have it in you to be who you want to be!

If you want to talk about anything at all, don't hesitate to PM me, for any reason! I know talking on the internet is not as good as having a living, breathing person right there listening to you, but...  

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy

Not Importante

Noble Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:17 pm
Well I would basically say the same thing as everyone else. I have the same problem only that I get picked on because I'm 'too quiet' and I'm supposedly 'stupid' for being in a resource program at my school. I just normally ignore what people say but like you said, I will have my days where I will blow up or have a melt down. I was told to get like a blog or something or keep a journal and on days I feel like stressed from things or just need to vent, just write in it. You can see my blog here. Hopefully that kinda helped.

Feel free to PM me if you ever wanna talk about anything. I'll be more than glad to talk back to you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:15 pm
Start boxing. Get a punching bag.  

-Panty.Waste-

[[ Nikki ]]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:27 pm
Aw hun. Here's my advice to you:
Screw people
Being nice is an awesome thing.
But then again, don't let people push you around.
Stick up for yourself and show 'em what you're made of!!
And like PaselFlame said, try to focus on being gentle, and also, what I do to get rid of all my energy is to run a s**t load.
And plus, like Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy said, get a hobby that involves people or join a club! You'll defintely make friends there.
If you wanna message me, don't hesitiate.
=]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:52 pm
lol i agree with the boxing thing, it feel great beating up a bag!!!

anyway, i know some people who are sooo unbelievably nice and caring and always thinking of others and theyre always being taken advantaged of. you need to start being more selfish and say "NO" to things you dont wanna do.
dont hang with people who make you feel guilty or force you to do stuff for them coz theyre dickheads. do what you want, think of othersd when you can but always treat yourslef the best coz you should be your number 1 priority.

and as for the blowing up thing, once you stop being "too nice" you wont have the urge to "blow up" anymore.
hope it helps!!! cool  

suburban_lindz

brettyboy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:21 pm
Congrats to me! I resisted the urge to grab this guy by the throat today 3nodding I was taing a break in gym cause I was tired and he yelled "Run, fatty, run!" and then others joined in... they gave up after awhile, but I just wanted to strangle the guy  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:53 pm
brettyboy
Congrats to me! I resisted the urge to grab this guy by the throat today 3nodding I was taing a break in gym cause I was tired and he yelled "Run, fatty, run!" and then others joined in... they gave up after awhile, but I just wanted to strangle the guy

Oh man! I'm proud that you didn't hurt the guy, but it seems like he would have deserved a lesson (Not that I'm advocating violence! sweatdrop )

Guys like that, though, never seem to learn. No matter what you say, they aren't listening, and they don't care. They're only like that because he got what he wanted- people joined in, he started something. I wonder if people would have told him off instead if he would have been quiet? (I know I would yell at him/them, had I been there!)  

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy

BloodyKateMary89

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:13 pm
Not sure I'll be much help on this topic, but might I suggest herbal tea and meditating?

And if you're not into that sort of thing, go for a nice long walk and (if there are trees around) kill a tree. It's not hurting something that can talk, right? but it's still living... T crying T I just mae myself feel bad, lol...

Anyways. Plants are always a good thing to take anger out on. I used to live in Canada so I chopped wood to relieve stress.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:57 pm
Today, I got hit in the face with a tennis ball.. that was hit pretty hard, I am not sure if it was on purpose or not, but then on the whole day, people were purposely whipping them at me cause they thought it was funny, none of them hit me though  

brettyboy

Mage The Red

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:49 pm
If you're a nice guy, but blow up sometimes, then find a good way to vent out anger. Like, some of the earlier ideas. Or, you could find a rubix cube to play with. Maybe even listen to music. It's what I do!

Trust me on this. I'm a nice guy myself. Not very tall, but nice. I just hate being picked on, because I'm overweight. But, I won't do anything too painful, as trying to hit somebody with a baseball bat, or a desk.

I'm just too kind. But, I yell to vent my anger, or I listen and/or sing songs.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff