Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold
  +10
View Results

BlackBloodJin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:35 pm
I found an article at think.mtv.com about transgender/transexual people. I never really thought about that issue until I found that article.

What do you guys think?

Here is the link to think.mtv.com - Think.Mtv.com  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:19 am
i guess it's interesting. i mean. i'm a curious person so most everything is interesting in a way to me. on this subject though. i've seen people on tv who grew up one gender but felt they should have been the other. and well. it's sorta sad cause they usually go through a lot of hassles. you know. it's not their fault that they feel this way or were born a certain gender. but i don't know. it's interesting.  

Angel Muerto

BlackBloodJin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:07 pm
That reminds me of a Lifetime movie I saw a month ago or so. Her name was Gwen, and she was beaten and killed because she was born a man. And these group of guys thought she was cute, and when they found out she was born a man they beat and killed her in someones basement.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:28 pm
it's like that one movie by hillary swank - boys don't cry - it's about the life story of brandon teena. she dresses up as a guy falls in love with this one chick. then when people realize he's a girl they beat her up then rape her. i think she dies too. i don't remember how it ends up.  

Angel Muerto

[KookieMunzta]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:14 am
i think all people should be able to live their lives how they decide
we have no right to make their decisions for them

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:15 am
Angel Muerto
it's like that one movie by hillary swank - boys don't cry - it's about the life story of brandon teena. she dresses up as a guy falls in love with this one chick. then when people realize he's a girl they beat her up then rape her. i think she dies too. i don't remember how it ends up.
i saw that movie once, thats all that i could take
it was a pretty sad story
i forget also wether she lives or dies confused

[KookieMunzta]

BlackBloodJin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:26 pm
I don't get why people are so mean to one another. It's just basically American's to you know? That makes me ashamed.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:19 pm
cause people are stupid and are quick to judge what doesn't seem normal to them. i mean. i don't know how to explain it but people are just ignorant to a lot of stuff.

and that's true about us americans. in most other countries they'll have a mixed society like we have but they don't go around bashing each other. well, not so much that is.

Angel Muerto

[KookieMunzta]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:08 am
i said it before and ill say it again
people are afraid of what they dont know
religion is their whole lives...
i forget exactly who but some think its a sin just to be born

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:28 pm
It's not a sin to be born.
But people are able to sin from the moment they are born.

BlackBloodJin

Pensakura

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:33 pm
BlackBloodJin
It's not a sin to be born.
But people are able to sin from the moment they are born.

twisted  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:35 pm
I would hate to feel like a boy trapped inside of a girls boy or something.
I can't imagine the frustration with not even feeling good in your own skin.

BlackBloodJin

Pensakura

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:33 pm
I love my skin. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:49 pm
I know someone who is intergendered. It (and it prefers the term "it" rather than "he" or "she"... so this isn't an insult.) has been officially diagnosed with gender dysphoria, but intergendered people are rarer than transgenders, I think. Things have been said in passing that lead me to believe it may have ambiguous genitalia, but is not a true hermaphrodite. I get the feeling it may lean more toward female physically. We're not that personal with each other, so I'm not sure. But it does identify itself as both male and female, yet more as something that is unique when you combine the two... something that is both, and yet completely different from either. This is kind of hard to explain to people who've never met it. But it is a beautiful person, and once I adjusted to saying "it", I realized my life is much better for having met it. I know very few people who have such beautiful souls. And it doesn't feel sorry for itself or shove its differences in other's faces. It minds it's own business and does it's best to be the person it feels it's here on Earth to be. Honestly, I know people who are quite clearly male or female that aren't that kind, loving, responsible, mature, etc. The kind of person someone is matters a lot more to me than their gender.  

Catalinyx

Catalinyx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:54 pm
KookieMunzta
i saw that movie once, thats all that i could take
it was a pretty sad story
i forget also wether she lives or dies confused

He did die. I say "he" because it is a sign of respect to refer to someone as the gender they feel comfortable in and are living as. If someone born female idenitifies as male and lives as a man, it's rude to refer to them as "she" or "her" because it's like saying, "I don't accept this lifestyle, and you will always be female to me."

You all get a pass on that, though. It's not something I'd expect folks to know unless they actually know people in that situation.  
Extended Discussions

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff