Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

buy buy buy!
  sell sell sell!
View Results

The_Pest

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:07 am
So, the last month I've been convinced that the market is horribly inflated and is going to crash. I certainly hope I'm wrong... but the prices have been skyrocketing out of control! My main vending items have doubled or tripled in price over the summer, and so it's been getting harder and harder for me to find solid deals. I guess I need to start tracking item prices day by day again so I can get a firm grasp on actual market values.

The last month I've been quite lazy about vending, spending only 10-15 min a day on it, as opposed to the 4-5 hours a day I used to spend market whoring. And since I'm on there less, I've been making more stupid impulsive buys. I jumped into the phoenix circlet market when it was peaking, so now I'm stuck with several circlets that costed me too much & can only hope another fire item will come out to boost it's value. And halloween items have been a good buy, lately, but they fluctuate so much... even after buying some at a 'deal' the market fell and I again have to play the waiting game hoping to recover my lost value. If it goes on for too long, I'll just have to sell at a loss so I can recover my capital to dominate other markets.

I LOVE the marketplace. The best long-term game out there, I think. And it's so damn unpredictable... although there are obvious speculations that can sometimes pay off. Holidays are always a nice bonus. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:34 am
I find it amazing that when I bought my demonic pitchfork it was for 12K. Now if I were to try an sell it i could get about 80K - 90K the last time I checked. Now, why is that? Are people just greedy?  

Devious Joker

wiki bean

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:14 pm
I actually hope it crashes.

So it can give a big, fat "see here, admins! Fixing two year glitches won't stop inflation. So this is what happens when you screw with economics."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:25 pm
Devious Joker
I find it amazing that when I bought my demonic pitchfork it was for 12K. Now if I were to try an sell it i could get about 80K - 90K the last time I checked. Now, why is that? Are people just greedy?
yes its all about greed  

idiotic randomness

Chocolate-y Goodness

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:19 pm
I had grunny slippers left over from my old account. I sold them for 7k which was the average price around 3 days ago. I checked again today and they're selling for like 20k, needless to say I went "********!"  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:06 pm
grunny slippers are WHAT? oh, wow. I hope the market crashes. This is getting rediculous.  

Devious Joker

Pensakura

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:14 pm
Damn, I've been thinking about investing in some grunny slippers. scream  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:21 am
It's horrible how prices are soaring.... I checked one day and found a guitar of Demona for 31,000 next day it was up to 49,000! ... I was kind of shocked to say the elat... It's put a bit of a crimp on my quest -_-  

Jupiter Lightning

~Lupine the Dark-one~

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:29 am
i eagerly await it's crash too. I've had to give up questing to recover a stolen item because of inflation stressed  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:32 pm
Devious Joker
I find it amazing that when I bought my demonic pitchfork it was for 12K. Now if I were to try an sell it i could get about 80K - 90K the last time I checked. Now, why is that? Are people just greedy?[/quote

Some items are just hard to come by i'ts almost like real life people will pay up the a** for a limited addition item or collectors items ect.

Nummymuffin

Dangerous Gekko

Fukiomoi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:32 pm
Some of the items are 300,000+. People are not likely to lower their prices for rare items, especially now that it’s harder to earn gold. I can understand inflating rare items a bit to earn a profit, but how many people can seriously afford items that are even 100,000+? It’s gone from trying to earn a bit of profit for quests, to just plain greed.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:58 pm
I know what you mean... I see this happening the most with donation items. I think maybe it's because as time goes on it gets harder and harder to get them. The 100+K things you see are probably from 2 or more years ago. It gets kinda irritating, but I don't think it's all bad... I bought an Angelbow for 10K, regretted my decision when I saw it dip down to 8-ish, forgot about it, and then I was able to sell it a few months later at a 2,000 gold profit mrgreen I think it depends which side you're looking from. But yes, I don't even bother questing for things like Coco/Kiki Kitties because of the inflation, and those are only from last year!

And on a related note, ever notice how game items are worth less as time goes on? For instance, I remember when I could sell a White Ink for 5000 gold, and now I'm lucky to get a fifth of that... gonk  

Invalid_Account345635636

kinpachi

Original Gaian

9,925 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:57 am
definately, fishing items are worth almost nothing now. good thing you can still get good shop prices on fish...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:23 am
I hope the tattoos will be non-sellable.
I mean, specific-user only. You buy it, you get to wear it/hold it in your invertory.

And if that happens, it'll be the perfect gold sink. For a while, at least. xd  

secretillusion

Musical_Record

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:41 pm
I hope it just crashes like during the Great Dreppression. Except it'll be called the Great Enlightment.  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff