Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Game Room
Name that Tune - List is Completed Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which do you prefer?
Let each list run until it is complete
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Change the list after 1 week, even if incomplete
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
Change the list after 2 weeks, even if incomplete
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Other (please post)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
No preference
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Gold!
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 35

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:09 pm
Name That Tune!

How to Play

Anyone can play. 20 songs will be chosen at random from my playlist (to start at least) and I will post, in no specific order, one line from the lyrics that do NOT contain the title of the song. Everyone then will have the chance to guess the title and artist of the song (or if it's from, say, a musical, the show that it's from). Please post your guesses in the thread.

To be fair, I request that people not do a lyric search and really try to guess on their own. As the songs are guessed correctly, I will strike out the lyric and post the title and artist, as well as the name of the person who guessed it correctly. Each of the songs are worth 1 point. In the second week, the songs will begin to decrease in the amount they are worth, as I start to give hints.

After all the songs have been guessed correctly (or at the end of the second week, whichever comes first), the names of the top three "guessers" will be posted in the third post of the thread.

~With credit to Elenriel Nimloth

Rules
1. You must post the number of the song you are trying to guess, or I will have no clue whether to say you are correct or incorrect.
2. No editing your posts! We are all adult here, so I think we can be mature in that way and not cheat?
3. Both the song title and the artist (or show) must be correct for your answer to be correct.
4. PLEASE post your answers in the thread  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:12 pm
Prizes did you say?

Why yes! This time, there is going to be prizes! Both per game, and per month. They aren't horribly impressive, but I'm not a gold tree, so I'm doing what I can. Read on to find out how this will work.

Per Game
* The person to have earned the most points in a single game, will be awarded 1.5k in gold
* The person to have earned the 2nd most points in a single game, will be awarded 1k in gold.
* The person to have earned the 3rd most points in a single game, will be awarded 500 gold.

Per Month
* The person to have earned the most points in a month, will be awarded a Thank You Letter for that month.
* The person to have earned the 2nd most points in a month, will be awarded 3k in gold.
* The person to have earned the 3rd most points in a month, will be awarded 1.5k in gold.

I will be keeping track in this post of how many songs each person has figured out. Winners will be posted in the following post.

Random Trivia
Thats right! From time to time, I will also be asking random music-related trivia questions within the thread, with opportunities for prizes for people who guess correctly. So keep an eye out! ninja

Scores
List 3
sisu1969 - 6
Catira Norr - 2
lev_21n01 - 1
Blackwing Rose - 1
MagicallyDivalicious - 6

October
sisu1969 - 7.5
Lil-Jo - 3
Catira Norr - 2
Blackwing Rose - 2
lev_21n01 - 1
MagicallyDivalicious - 6
Warnersister - 0.5  

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:21 pm
And The Winners Are.....

Game Winners
List 2
1st Place - Lil-Jo (6 pts.)
2nd Place - Warnersister (2.5 pts.)
3rd Place - Lil Brat, Harbone (2 pts. each)

List 1
1st Place - Rhiannon2006 (6.75 pts.)
2nd Place - Lil Brat (4 pts.)
3rd place - Malheureux, lev_21n01, Lil-Jo (2 pts. each)

Monthly Winners
September
Rhiannon2006 - 6.75
Lil Brat - 6
Lil-Jo - 5  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:42 pm
Ok, Already! What Are The Songs?

Funny you should ask...here they are! Have fun!

List 3 (10-18-06: List submitted by Lil Brat)

1. There's a deep girl in the corner shop, selling sugar for money in the dead of night...

2. I want a brave love, one that makes me weak in the knees... "Kiss the Flame" - Jewel (sisu1969)

3. She knows how to love me, and rock it, too...

4. I read again between the lines upon each page... "Song for a Winter's Night" - Gordon Lightfoot (MagicallyDivalicious)

5. You gave me your word, but words for you are lies... "Harden my Heart" - Quarterflash (sisu1969)

6. Accidents and inspiration, lead you to your destination...

7. All the wonders up above us, and splendors down below

8. I'm a man without conviction, I'm a man who doesn't know... "Karma Chameleon" - Culture Club (Catira Norr)

9. Lately, you're head hurts every night, could it be you wear your clothes too tight...

10. You're not shy, you get around, you wanna fly, don't want your feet on the ground... "Urgent" - Foreigner (sisu1969)

11. You're the right kind of sinner to release my inner fantasies... "Heartbreaker" - Pat Benetar (Catira Norr)

12. I'm on a bus on a psychedelic trip, reading murder books tryin' to stay hip... "Eyes Without a Face" - Billy Idol (sisu1969)

13. Makes a sound like thunder, makes me feel like rain ... "Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough" - Patty Smyth (MagicallyDivalicious)

14. Like a song of love that clings to me, how the thought of you does things to me... "Unforgettable" - Nat King Cole/ Natalie Cole(MagicallyDivalicious)

15. And so they linked their hands and danced, round in circles and in rows... "Mummers Dance" - Loreena McKennitt (lev_21n01)

16. They believe you now have everything you wanted, and once you have become a star, you've got no right to b***h...

17. I thought it would be so easy, another one night stand... "Rake and Ramblin' Man" - Don Williams (MagicallyDivalicious)

18. Feeding on your hungry eyes, I bet you're not so civilized... "The Warrior" - Scandal (Blackwing Rose)

19. Strange what desire will make foolish people do... "Wicked Game" - Chris Isaak (sisu1969)

20. I came, I saw, I conquered, but I rode off in the sun...  

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:27 pm
But I want to put my own list up!

Well never fear! I have a spot for you too! If you have a list of 20 songs you would like to submit, check out the form below. Just fill it out and PM it to me, and I will put you on the list in the order that I recieve them. When I need a new list of songs, I will take the one of whoever is at the top of this list. Once your list has been put up, you may submit another, if you desire.

If there are no people left on the list, I will just create a new list of my own songs. I think it goes without saying, that you are not allowed to participate in the guessing of any round involving a list of songs you submitted.

In the first section of the form, please put the song lyrics that you would like to be placed in the song list. In the second section, please provide an answer key, with the song title and artist (or movie/ musical title). Incomplete forms, or incorrectly submitted forms will not be accepted.

[b]I Want To Submit a List of Songs![/b]

[i]Lyric List[/i]

[i]Answer Key (Name of Song and Artist)[/i]
7.;

People who have submitted lists
Malheureux
Lil Brat

Warnersister
Lil-Jo  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:28 pm
Reserved, just in case ninja  

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:29 pm
Let the guessing begin!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:43 am
Ooh, cool game! Thanks! I'll have to do some thinking...  

Trespassers W

wtf its kae

IRL Cupcake

22,675 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:27 pm
    well, i recognize exactly one song, and i don't even know the name of it! O.o

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:30 pm
I actually recognized a few of these. Sent you a PM with my guesses. It was fun remembering some of those songs! biggrin  

Rhiannon2006

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:35 pm
Did you change the list? there was the theme stong from the Beverly Hillbillies on the list and now I don't see it... I did not know the name, but I was planning on looking it up and now I don't see it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:48 pm
Lil-Jo
Did you change the list? there was the theme stong from the Beverly Hillbillies on the list and now I don't see it... I did not know the name, but I was planning on looking it up and now I don't see it.
Yes, sorry, I changed that one. I put it up under the assumption that the lyrics were by Weird Al Yankovick in his "Money for Nothing" version. When I realized this was incorrect, and that I did not know the correct answer myself, I didn't think it would be fair for me to leave it up there.  

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

keetabirdy

Friendly Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:49 pm
Rhiannon2006
I actually recognized a few of these. Sent you a PM with my guesses. It was fun remembering some of those songs! biggrin
Can you please post your guesses in the thread? And just so you know, only complete answers are acceptable sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:06 pm
keetabirdy
Rhiannon2006
Can you please post your guesses in the thread? And just so you know, only complete answers are acceptable sweatdrop

I know a few of them, although I'm not sure if I got the title exactly correct... redface . And I promise, no cheating. Nice to see some oldies but goodies! biggrin

List 1

1. "Music of the Night" from The Phantom of the Opera (Gerard Butler most recently)

2. (Think I know the title but not the artist... sad )

4. "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" from The Lion King (Elton John)

7. (Drats! Can't remember the silly name but hum the tune and know the artist... grr!)

8. (Finally remembered this one!) "My Heart Will Go On (Theme from Titanic)" by Celine Dion

9. "Fly Away" by John Denver with Olivia Newton-John ???

10. "Only the Good Die Young" by Billy Joel

11. "House at Pooh Corner" by Loggins and Messina (among others)

12. "Precious Love (How Can It Be?)" by various Christian artists

16. (I can hear the music to this one in my head because they play at every basketball game at my sons' former high school... ARGH!)

18. "Top of the World" by the Carpenters  

Rhiannon2006

Game Room

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas