Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

idiots
  they sure are
View Results

Friija

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:39 am
i mean they try to sell stuff WAY above its market value when the shop price is shown next to it.
Ive seen people try and sell something for 10 times its shop price
whats up with that?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:42 am
I've seen it too...It made me laugh...Then I bought it from the shop because everyone had things priced way over what the shop sold it for...It still makes me laugh...I'd hate to be the idiot who buys those...  

Emo Hobo

Insane Vegi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:09 am
You would be surprised by how many do buy it =/  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:44 am
Friija
i mean they try to sell stuff WAY above its market value when the shop price is shown next to it.
Ive seen people try and sell something for 10 times its shop price
whats up with that?

It isn't so much that they think we are stupid as it is they are treating the marketplace as a charity auction, trying to get the generous people of Gaia to fork over huge sums of money for worthless crap. Which really when you think about it, should have it's own seperate area. So that people looking to make an honest deal are not drowning in overpriced junk.

I mean come on...  

Gata-Gata

Sanguinello

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:08 am
some people choose to pay over the shop price... its odd but it des happen  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:46 pm
Well, with newer items people buy them and sell them for more in the Marketplace so that people IN the Marketplace who haven't seen the new items will go "OMG NEW ITEM. -buy.-" and then later find out that it's in the shop, and worth a lot less than what they paid.
Which is usually newbies.

And yes, extensively overpriced items make me rofl.
C:

Espyr

Distinct Gaian

Ximei

Gracious Sage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:11 am
New users do this because they're either new or stupid. I saw a gaian try to sell some capri pants (400 gold) for a few millions. Or someone trying to sell a single blue butterfly for 5 milions. It's annoying, I know, but there's nothing we can do about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:08 am
We could protest  

Chaos_bear

Daydream Gimmick

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:39 am
Sometimes random gold givers buy them to help somebody out. So alot of people who experinced gold for more than a fair/dicounted price get use to it and hope they get lucky again. Those who haven't experinced that gold giver person, are just being stupid, or uninformed.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:50 am
Actually, I have to agree with the part in Engineer's essay that addresses this, alot of shop items are overpriced because it's more convienient to go to the marketplace and do a search for the item then it is to go and sift through all the items in the shops.

Though, the thing with the butterfly and all is, of course, silly.  

Tank Indalia

cof91_666

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:11 am
i see it happen all the time  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:12 am
That's funny  

faerieland_outcast

Jieun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:30 pm
I think its mostly for either donations on a thread or to trick newbies.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:33 pm
iknow what u mean  

~pink-black-angel~

LYBU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:27 pm
Actully I dont mind the over priced goods. Think about it some one goes to the market place say looking for a scarf. They find 6 people with it for over 1000g and 1 person with it for 500g who do you think they will buy it from.  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff