Back to Guilds

Tags: Dragonriders of Pern 

Reply Old Events
Ieirne Weyr Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you rise to meet Thread when it rains down on us again?
Through Fall, fog, and fire I shall!
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
By the shards of my dragons egg, I will.
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
...uh, is there a third choice?
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:58 pm
Founded just before the Second Pass, it is comprised of all of the dragons who hatched from the same clutch as Mith and their riders. It is located on Ieirne Island and is fairly secluded, though there are a few small cotholds and holds that were set up during the Interval after the Ninth Pass.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:36 pm
((If it's okay, I'll go ahead and post here too.))

With M'gor leading the way, the trio made there way through the Weyr and headed in the direction of the Dining Hall. The Weyrleaders first order of business was to feed his weyrmate. He'd noticed that Lina hadn't been eating as much as she needed to.

-----

Kes followed close behind the two with her trio of firelizards trailing at her back.

Bronze Bari had made his perch on her left shoulder and had wrapped his tail possesively around Kes's neck. Kes's other bronze Karim was fluttering above her head chirping encouragement at her third firelizard; blue Tattle. The three of them had come from the same clutch so they tended to be overprotective of each other. Poor Tattle was extremely she and didn't trust any humans except for Kes. This was a problem with Kes being in the Weyr but their chosen was hoping to slowly aclimate him to the Weyr and therfore other people.

Kes reached up to pet Bari and coax Tattle onto her other shoulder. When the blue reluctantly did so, she turned her head to smile at him and began to stroke his small head. When Tattle began to make happy warbling sounds, she stopped and smiled fondly at him.

---

M'gor watched the young woman carefully, trying to see what kind of person she was. That Lina liked her was obvious and both Mith and Cadeth seemed to have no problem with her. Still though...

What troubles you, mine? A soft voice warbled.

M'gor startled violently and shook his head. Cadeth don't scare me like that. I'm fine. Just thinking.

The bronze snorted. As you say mine. Do not think so hard.

M'gor grinned at that then turned to his weyrmate. "Lina, what do you want to eat? I know your hungry, you haven't eaten much in days. I swear, you worry more over those eggs than your Mith does."  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:21 pm
((Hey, what time should it be? Don't want to mix that up.))

Lina laughed sheepishly as they entered the Dining Hall. She couldn't hide much from M'gor.

"I'm not sure," she admitted. "Some klah would be nice. And I suppose some mashed tubors couldn't hurt. What do you think, Kes? Would you like to add anything to that? We'll have enough for your firelizards, too, don't worry."

She smiled and sat down at an empty table, motioning for the others to join her.

Klah and mashed tubors? That's all? Mine, you need to eat more than that. What happens if you're too sick from not eating or sleeping to attend that Hatching, hmm?

I'll eat lots, love. Don't worry, I've always been the resilient type.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:30 pm
(lets say close to dinnertime)

Kes laughed at the pair. "Well, I don't like klah so much but I make tea. Maybe some ham to go with the mashed tubors? You don't want to worry your dragon after all." She looked up at her firelizards. "Better make sure we have extra meet for my three little friends here too."

---

M'gor grinned. "The little one is right, Lina. You must eat more."  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:47 pm
((Alright. That sounds good.))

Lina frowned at M'gor good-naturedly. "Sometimes, I think you're having Cadeth keep tabs on what Mith says," she said. "But I suppose yu're right, all of you. And we'll have a plate for the firelizards, too. You'll like that, won't you, Zim, Merrin?"

The two firelizards had glided in to settle on the back of her chair. They trilled in delight. Mashed tubors, ham, klah, and even some tea? They always ate well, but this was a feast. It didn't matter that they would share with the other two bronzes Bari and Karim and the shy little brown, Tattle.

A drudge appeared at the table, and Lina turned to him. "Four plates of mashed tubors and ham, please, with klah and tea for three," she said politely. The drudge nodded quickly and scurried to get the food and drinks from the kitchen. Lina turned to the others.

"Well?" she said. "Aren't you going to sit down and join me, before the other riders arrive to fill these seats?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:39 am
((Tattle is a brown firelizard actually.))

M'gor grinned at her and nodded, taking his seat at his weyrmate's side.

----

Kes watched the two carefully. They seemed really nice, especially Lina. Still, she couldn't help but wonder what awaited her here in the Weyr. She shook her head. 'Best not to think about it, lest the dragons find out.' She smiled at the two weyrleaders and took a seat near them and helped herself to plenty of the food. After she finished, Kes prepared another plate for Bari and Karim to share and then coaxed shy Tattle onto her shoulder so she could feed him herself.  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:11 am
((Oops. I always thought he was blue...sorry, I changed it.))

Lina watched Kes closely. She was different from the candidates she had seen at previous Hatchings. She wasn't so shy she could barely speak, nor was she overly confident. She had managed to Impress three firelizards, and both Mith and Cadeth liked her. What was it about that girl that was so different?

Eat. You are staring.

Lina blinked and averted her gaze, scooping mashed tubors onto her plate. Shards, since when did she stare at candidates? She sipped at her klah, grateful for the bitter taste in her mouth. Zim crawled down her arm and blinked purposefully at Lina. She laughed.

"Oh, go ahead, Zim," she said. "You too, Merrin, before it's all gone."

The bronze deftly jumped from the back of the chair and glided to land on the table. Both firelizards began to eat, shifting so that when Lina inserted her spoon in the tubors she could get to the food unhindered. But still, what was it...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:18 pm
M'gor grinned at him Weyrmate. He leaned over to whisper to her. "You keep staring over at out little candidite. Why? Has she said something to upset you?"

-----

Kes was too busy feeding her three firelizards to notice the Weyrleaders talking. She'd finished with Bari and Karim but brown Tattle kept falling into the mashed tubors. She was fighting off laughter. "You silly creature, aren't you supposed to be more graceful than that?" Said brown looked at her piteously. Kes shook her head. "I know, I know, only golds and bronzes are graceful. I'm sorry Tattle. She picked up and napkin and began to clean the little brown. Bari and Karim landed on the table and began licking their companion in order to help clean him.  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Eldawen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:59 pm
Chanta and Tanal walked into the kitchens together laughing about something they had been discussing with a small fair of firelizards following behind them. In the short time they had both been there, they had become pretty good friends.

"Good evening, Weyrwoman, Weyrleader." Chanta said as she passed the two.

"Good evening, Weyrleaders. Good evening to you too, Kes." Tanal echoed while smiling.

Chanta and Tanal both took a seat near Kes and began fixing their own plates.

Chanta's firelizards, Zimiri and Tatt, both immediately landed on her shoulders, leaning over to look at the food. Tanal's Raz was politer, and just curled himself around his chosen's neck.

Chanta handed her brats a little bit of food before turning to Kes.

"So, how was your day?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Talia walked briskly into the Dining Hall. She had just gotten back from flying her green Ratanath and was eager to get the chill from being up so high out of her bones.

Triskell and Krissy popped into the air next to Talia, glad that she was back at the Weyr.

"Good to see you guys, too." Talia said in reply to her firelizards' enthusiasm.

Talia nodded to the Weyrleaders as she took a seat near them.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:02 pm
Lina shook her head slightly, her lips turning up at the corners as she watched Kes's brown Tattle falling in the mashed tubors, and averted her eyes.

"It's nothing, really," she murmered. "It just seems too good to be true, having a candidate that both our dragons like come to the Weyr so quickly. Don't you think? I didn't think it happened that way."

She lifted her head at the arrival of three more people. She shifted uneasily in her seat as they settled near the group; she'd never been much of a people person and they were all older than she was.

Zim and Merrin both turned to look at the new arrivals. Zim glared at Zimiri and Tatt as they stared at the food, her eyes whirling a bit with yellow in response to Lina's unease. Merrin quietly edged himself away from the others, hissing a bit at their brashness. Finally, he hopped into the air and went between to Lina's quarters. He did that periodically.

Lina smiled a bit and scooped Zim into her lap, stroking her spine the way she liked. She handed Kes a cloth. "Here, this will work a bit faster to clean that one up," she said, forcing herself to sound compeltely at ease.  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Eldawen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:32 pm
((Umm...can I point out that Chanta is a year younger then Lina.))

Talia could tell that the young Weyrwoman was uneasy around so many people, something rarely found in a Weyrwoman. Talia decided not to upset the girl anymore then necessary and did not talk to her. Instead, Talia quietly observed the candidates as she sipped her klah.

You are unsure of this new Weyrwoman, mine? Ratanath said, breaking through Talia's thoughts.

She is easily upset by so many people. I do not know whether it is because she does not know most of us, or that most of us are older. Either way, if she wants this Weyr to survive, she is going to have to get over it. Talia silently replied.

Give her time, she is young. We are here to fight Thread, not to play politics.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:28 pm
Kes smiled over at Lina and accepted the napkin. "Thanks alot. Try to calm down, Lina, the others aren't going to bite you." Her head jerked up then at the sound of her name. 'How do these people know me?'

She offered the new arrivals an unsteady smile. "Good evening to all of you. I wasn't aware we'd been introduced." She grinned at a thought. "Or has my reputation from Honshu preceded me?"

By the time she'd finished, she'd managed to get little Tattle clean. Bari and Karim were checking out the new arrivals and Tattle now took to hiding in her lap under her tunic.

----

M'gor shook his head at his weyrmates comment. "It's bound to happen, love. With her gift, it only natural that some dragons will like her. Calm down."

Cadeth warbled his agreement with his chosen. I agree, Lina, it is natural that Mith and I like the young one. She is interesting. Do not fret so or you'll upset Mith.

----

T'gal sauntered into the mess hall and took a seat near the Weyrleaders. "A fine evening to you lord and lady. I am T'gal and it is my pleasure to meet you."

Outside, Barith offered his agreement. I too greet you, you and your dragons. Greetings to you, Golden Mith and Bronze Cadeth.The blue shifted gears then. And greetings to you, Talia, rider of green Ratanath, and hello sister green.

----

Kes's head started shifting from side to side as she listened to the dragons as they greeted each other. She noticed the bluerider by Lina and M'gor. 'What a ham.'

----

M'gor nodded to the blue and greenriders then. "Pleasure to meet both of you, and welcome to the weyr."

Cadeth also extended his return greetings. Greeting to you as well, Blue Barith. Welcome to our home, my brother.  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Eldawen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:08 pm
((Alright, this gets on my nerves so I'm going to say it. Living in the candidate barracks together, and all that, the candidates KNOW each other!! So, unless your candidate is newly arrived, this is assumed.

Alright, I'm done now, just had to get that out.))  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:13 pm
Chanta looked at the girl as if she had grown a second head. "We live in the same barracks, of course I know you, or at least your name."

Chanta had always thought the best of people, but the last part of Kes' comment came off as arrogant.

Tanal shrugged. "I guess not everyone pays as much attention to the other candidates as we do."

Chanta just shrugged and her firelizard shifted, clearly reflecting their person's agitation.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Greetings Barith.

Talia looked at everyone. "I'm Talia, but I thought that would have been remembered after I brought my transfer papers directly to the Weyrleaders."  

Eldawen

Dystopia Lycanthropia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:22 am
Fayre wandered throughout the Weyr, though she was careful to avoid the personal weyrs of riders. She didn't want to do anything that would make the Weyrwoman or Weyrleader angry with her or anything that would inhibit her chances of becoming a rider herself. Funny, that she should be so uneasy around most dragonriders, particularly of bronzes and golds, when her parents were, in fact, riders, though they were only brown and green riders.

Zaidan mostly circled slowly around her as she made her way through the Weyr, occasionally diving to harass poor Terran, who was now huddled low, curled up close against her neck. His talons were nearly piercing the thick pad that protected her shoulder, so she scratched his eye ridges, trying to get him to relax, while scolding the larger brown. Zaidan stopped his antics, and Terran relaxed slightly.

Eventually, the young Candidate made her way to the Dining Hall. It was almost time to eat, and her stomach had reminded her of that. Her two brown fire lizards were getting hungry, as well, so it would not be a good idea to miss dinner. Feeling her own hunger pains was bad enough without the added annoyance of two fire lizards' hunger.

Fayre halted when she saw several people already gathered in the Hall, including two other Candidates and the Weyrwoman and Weyrleader themselves. She blushed and tried to quietly take a seat at a bit of a distance from them, hoping she hadn't disrupted anything by coming into the Hall. Zaidan chirped a greeting to the other fire lizards in the Hall, and Fayre glared at him. He wasn't making things any easier!

((Hopefully you don't mind me joining in on things. ^.^;;
I got bored posting by myself, already.))

Old Events

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff