Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
OMG! Engaded! Am I too young for this? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arielace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:22 pm
my man asked to marry-we been dating for 5 months. I love him so much-and I'm only 20. We have alot in commen, and we haven't had a fight yet. but still, Is it too soon to think about getting married? eek  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:43 pm
I would ask him to wait untill you finish your schooling (collage or Univerity ) 5months is a very sort time. I would wait, but thats me.

Love Volim

Devout Senshi

8,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Megathread 100

RaZoeLynn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:46 am
I would wait till you've been together longer.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:35 pm
...When you think about it... do you have any doubts? Don't go through with it if you have doubts... that's never good  

Impish Desires

LavenderMintRose

Cheery Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:04 pm
I'd wait until at least a year, probably 2 years or more, but if you want to... it's your life.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:08 pm
I'd wait too... Who knows what can happen if you get married right now :0  

Windward

Sotur

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:07 am
Tarrien
...When you think about it... do you have any doubts? Don't go through with it if you have doubts... that's never good

considering the doubts, as tarrien here just mentioned, it's clear that you DO have doubts. Otherwise you wouldn't be asking. As for the actual marriage, I'd wait longer. 2 or 3 more years, or until you finish your schooling, like black sugar said. Sometimes it's pointless, but here's an example: my boyfriend and I have been together for a year and a half. though jokingly, he's mentiones marriage, and we've talked about it. perhaps you should do that before actually getting married. second, and more to the point that the previous example, it was at the 6 months that we began our fights. Of course, they aren't common, or anything. we get along great. but my point is it was after the 6 months that the quarrel arouse. The longer the time, the "harder" it becomes to stay together. That's where love comes in. See, the longer you know him, the more you learn. so yeah, more to the point, WAIT A WHILE LONGER! [at least i'd do that]  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:38 pm
Sotur
Tarrien

considering the doubts, as tarrien here just mentioned, it's clear that you DO have doubts. Otherwise you wouldn't be asking. As for the actual marriage, I'd wait longer. 2 or 3 more years, or until you finish your schooling, like black sugar said. Sometimes it's pointless, but here's an example: my boyfriend and I have been together for a year and a half. though jokingly, he's mentiones marriage, and we've talked about it. perhaps you should do that before actually getting married. second, and more to the point that the previous example, it was at the 6 months that we began our fights. Of course, they aren't common, or anything. we get along great. but my point is it was after the 6 months that the quarrel arouse. The longer the time, the "harder" it becomes to stay together. That's where love comes in. See, the longer you know him, the more you learn. so yeah, more to the point, WAIT A WHILE LONGER! [at least i'd do that]

3nodding  

Contemplation Indigo

prettypinkdragon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:32 pm
i just got engaged to my boyfriend of 9 months(yay for me) but hes been living with me for 8 months i've never been more sure about anything in my life we knew after the first month that we'd get married, my point is you never know some one truly untill you've lived with them for a while and the worst thing you should do is accept with doubts it should feel completely right. oh and age has very little to do with it if youre ready youre ready.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:07 am
Well if you truely love him no matter what and he does the same then go for it.  

Beyond_Imortality

Teh Caity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:56 pm
wow. I'm 17, my boyfriend and I have been dating 15 months, and he's talking about proposing. I think you're old enough, but I'm not sure if you've been together long enough.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:10 am
Personally yeah I think it's too soon.You're still young,and the 20's are supposed to be the best adult years of your life,from what I can tell.But if you feel strongly about this guy,no doubts,as Tarrien said,then I'd say give it about another year to be engaged and see if by then you're still willing to get married.  

Visual Fallacy

o0o_missteriousmystiq_o0o

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:53 pm
Arielace
my man asked to marry-we been dating for 5 months. I love him so much-and I'm only 20. We have alot in commen, and we haven't had a fight yet. but still, Is it too soon to think about getting married? eek

The real question is do you have doubts???
Do you truely love this man???
Within yourself, do you see it down the road that you both can be happy or
try to work on this relationship no matter what the circumstances???
Do you see having kids with him???
Are you ready for all the mysteries to unfold???
Edit: So how's the communication??? Do you guys tell all,
or are you both, or one of you uncomfortable of sharing
each others honest thoughts???
Marraige is just not rings to symbolize one's heart
(or each others unbinding love),
it's what's his is yours, what's yours is his; to be really one with each other.
...really privacy is no more; lies is out the door,
honesty and trust is a must or marraige will simply fail like the rest.
You guys need to balance each other. So when someone fails,
one of you catches the fall...and when struggle comes running,
there's a lot of compromise to be made.
Are you capable of doing that???
Do you see him doing that, besides at the moment he makes you happy???

People can give you advices,
but it's really within yourself to find the true answers.
Time is the essence,
so if you need time then be it,
live together see if that works...you won't know somebody,
or anybody until you live with them...
because if it's true love it will wait.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:43 pm
I dont think your young for it, but I doe think that the relationship is TO young for marriage. Is only been 5 months, wait like 2 years. If you both really love each other than does 2 years wont be anything, and in does years you will know a lot more about that person. Actully living with a person is a good way to know that person, that way you will know how he does everything and will make you be sure you want to marry him, but for that part of the reltionship I would tell you to wait a year. Me personaly dont belive in marriage. I prefer the living together thing. But I wish you the best and when you make that desition you feel 100% sure is what you want and is what make you happy.  

Nammu

IKurando

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:01 pm
5 MONTHS!?!?!?!? absolutely not. 5 months isn't that long, and there's no way to know what's gonna come. marrying this early in the game is not a wise move, however losing him isn't great either. I recommend waiting for a few months longer. like a 7 more months, give or take a few. I've seen people who rush in end up getting a divorce, and that's no fun sad if you love him that much, you're gonna want to make it last. the best way to do that is to not rush into marriage.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff