Submit

Well, what do you think?
  I can see the resemblence
  No way! (please explain)
View Results

Seth Riegan

Feral Storyteller

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:35 pm
Hello, I just felt that there might be an interesting discussion on whom Axel was in his human life. We all know that each member has their human name turned into an anogram with an X added.

Well what about Axel? Ael? Lea? Eal? Well I came across this image that kinda gave me another impression:

User Image

Obviously it's a fan art but the resemblence is striking, don't you think? And since there are Final Fantasy characters involved in Kingdom hearts, why not have FF characters as nobodies?

So I just want to see what you guys think about this theory.

Note: If this is placed in the wrong spot, please delete and or move this thread.

On a side note, please do not bash each other's ideas/theories.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:36 pm
Here's my own opinion:

I can see the possibility of Axel being Reno but only because of the resemblence that they carry (based on that fan art). Aside from the "Reno has blue eyes and axel has green eyes" I can still see it, even from a videogame render perspective.  

Seth Riegan

Feral Storyteller

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:53 am
That what some of the people say about the whole Reno/Axel theory. People believe that Reno could be Axel's Somebody based by their appearances and sometimes personality. However, as the creator had said about this theory, they are not since they both had their unique lives.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:15 pm
I know, but still... It's an interesting theory to think about regardless of what the creator has said.  

Seth Riegan

Feral Storyteller

Keyblade Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:34 pm
i kinda agree with the few first posts. But it makes sense in some way... reno came from ff7 with cloud tifa and some of the rest but that means reno is a heartless ( if my theory is wrong, pls correct me. i never played com ) and axel is his nobody. But then there'd be a reason why reno would be there other than being a misc. character.

or

tetsuya nomura is getting less creative about his characters.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:40 pm
It could be possible, I mean... Why not have a FF character as a nobody?

It would be awsome if the theory was actually true, but it's not.... Still... The similarities between the two are rather close. Even so, Reno's name would have been anogramed like everyone elses. Just based on how all of the member's have theirs anogramed with an X.  

Seth Riegan

Feral Storyteller

Keyblade Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:26 pm
Cadet Chitaru
It could be possible, I mean... Why not have a FF character as a nobody?

It would be awsome if the theory was actually true, but it's not.... Still... The similarities between the two are rather close. Even so, Reno's name would have been anogramed like everyone elses. Just based on how all of the member's have theirs anogramed with an X.
Reno, to my perspective, is a side character ( or a character that's there to help/distroy the main's characters' problem ). I feel that maybe somebody from past final fantasies should be axel's opposite.. other than reno that is... ....

or

RENO

AXEL

R is L
E is E
N is X
A is O

(wtf? rena and lexo?? xD)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:43 am
It's quite true that there are many evidence put out that Reno could be Axel's Heartless, but it's like I said before: Reno is not Axel's Heartless. Here's a qoute from someone in my other forum (It's not in Gaia) who placed the interview portion of Tetsuya Nomura.

Quote:
And in an interview with Tetsuya Nomura:

Q: Axel and Reno from "FF7 Advent Children" have the same seiyuu (voice actor), and even almost the same appearance and image. Did you intend that?

T.N.: To me, Axel is an existence close to Reno, created in the same concept, but they are different people. Those two are different people but subconsciously alike. I wanted to see how it would be to have completely different characters that are really similar to each other but hold different kind of roles in different worlds.

So you could say that Axel is like the alternate version of Reno. But just like Tetsuya Nomura said: they're too different people. And like Cadet Chitaru said, each of the organization has their names anagram with an "x" just like Xemnas spells from Ansem with X and Roxas spells from Sora with X. So if Reno becomes a Heartless, his Nobody's name should have his name anagram with an "X" and not being called Axel.  

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

Seth Riegan

Feral Storyteller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:36 pm
I have actually encountered charcters in games that are very similar but have seperate roles.

Not that I'm still abandoning the theory, it's jsut that the two characters are so much alike that they could pass off as the same character.

But they're not.

I definetly agree with the parallel universe between the two.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:22 pm
lol, that pics on my profile x3 (a little off subject!)  

Ashelux
Captain

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:54 am
Cadet Chitaru
I have actually encountered charcters in games that are very similar but have seperate roles.

Not that I'm still abandoning the theory, it's jsut that the two characters are so much alike that they could pass off as the same character.

But they're not.

And I agree with you about encountering characters in games that have similarities, but have separate roles. In fact, not only did I encounter the Reno/Axel theory, but I also encounter other theories such as the Zack/Axel theory, but mostly Riku/Axel theory.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:44 am
Jisen Meizuki
Cadet Chitaru

But they're not.

And I agree with you about encountering characters in games that have similarities, but have separate roles. In fact, not only did I encounter the Reno/Axel theory, but I also encounter other theories such as the Zack/Axel theory, but mostly Riku/Axel theory.

Hmmm... I can't see the Riku/Axel theory but I can kinda understand the Zack/Axel theory...

Ashelux: Really?
And I think I've seen you around before as well... I think the Official KH thread in the VGD?
Anyways, that's besides the point xp  

Seth Riegan

Feral Storyteller

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:05 am
Well, the Riku/Axel theory was from my other forum (which is not in Gaia) and people shows evidence that Axel is Riku's Nobody. They claim that they both care deeply about their friend (Axel cares about Roxas as Riku cares about Sora.) They're best friends with the main characters. And they're both older than the main characters. In addition, they both get jealous easily with their counterparts (Riku jealous of Sora as Axel is jealous of Roxas.) Even though there are many evidences point out that Axel is Riku's Nobody than Reno's Nobody, that are also many evidences point out that Axel is not Riku's Nobody. The biggest evidence to the Riku/Axel theory is that Riku didn't became a Heartless; he just open his heart to the darkness and got possessed by Ansem.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:50 pm
Jisen Meizuki
Well, the Riku/Axel theory was from my other forum (which is not in Gaia) and people shows evidence that Axel is Riku's Nobody. They claim that they both care deeply about their friend (Axel cares about Roxas as Riku cares about Sora.) They're best friends with the main characters. And they're both older than the main characters. In addition, they both get jealous easily with their counterparts (Riku jealous of Sora as Axel is jealous of Roxas.) Even though there are many evidences point out that Axel is Riku's Nobody than Reno's Nobody, that are also many evidences point out that Axel is not Riku's Nobody. The biggest evidence to the Riku/Axel theory is that Riku didn't became a Heartless; he just open his heart to the darkness and got possessed by Ansem.

That's the big part that throws the whole theory off. I can see where that theory is coming from, but perhaps that is just how they feel about someone they hold dear? I mean, anyone would feel the same way abou their best friend(s).

Along with the Organization factor (I am dubbing the anogram as the organizationf actor) that if Riku was a heartless and became a nobody, he would have his name anogrammed.

As I said, I can see where it's going but to me it doesn't seem likely at all other than they have some similar characteristics when it comes to their friends.  

Seth Riegan

Feral Storyteller

Jisen Meizuki

Stubborn Gifter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:46 am
Cadet Chitaru
That's the big part that throws the whole theory off. I can see where that theory is coming from, but perhaps that is just how they feel about someone they hold dear? I mean, anyone would feel the same way abou their best friend(s).

Along with the Organization factor (I am dubbing the anogram as the organizationf actor) that if Riku was a heartless and became a nobody, he would have his name anogrammed.

As I said, I can see where it's going but to me it doesn't seem likely at all other than they have some similar characteristics when it comes to their friends.

And I agree with you. That when it comes to Heartless and Nobody, it should be based on the storyplot, background, and history; not the characteristics or personalities of the characters. Many people thinks that Riku did become a Heartless because he wears dark clothes, but that is not true. Because if Riku did become a Heartless, he would be in the same state as Sora: becoming a Shadow or any of the Heartless. But he didn't, so therefore he doesn't have a Nobody.  
Organization XIII Home Thread

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff