Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "KFC" Kentucky Fried Chicken (aka "TFC" The Food Court)
Sneaking food into the theatre. . . Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sneaking snacks in . . .
  Dude, I do it all the time!
  I do it frequently.
  I've been known to slip in with a little candy every now and then.
  I rarely do it.
  I've done it at least once.
  I have never snuck a snack in the theatre!
  . . .
View Results

Strideo
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:27 am
I was listening to the radio and these guys were talking about sneaking food or candy into the movie theatre. One of them was of the opinion that it was wrong and the other said it was no big deal because he would never buy the expensive food at the concession stand anyways.

So, what do you guys think? Is it okay to sneak food into a theatre? Have you ever done it yourself?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:34 am
Meh?  

Jshin

Cynister

Interesting Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:50 am
Strideo
I was listening to the radio and these guys were talking about sneaking food or candy into the movie theatre. One of them was of the opinion that it was wrong and the other said it was no big deal because he would never buy the expensive food at the concession stand anyways.

So, what do you guys think? Is it okay to sneak food into a theatre? Have you ever done it yourself?
my mom and dad would do it all the time when we were kids ... just was cheaper than paying for food for 3 little ones there lol  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:56 am
I don't do it all that often but not long ago I took some pocky into a movie theatre.  

Strideo
Crew

Cosmic Bullet

Shameless Ladykiller

10,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:59 am
Pfft.
I do it all the time. =/
Unless I have some cash on hand, I'll get a soda and popcorn.
But most of everything else sold, it's overcharged.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:01 pm
[Pyro-Chan]
Pfft.
I do it all the time. =/
Unless I have some cash on hand, I'll get a soda and popcorn.
But most of everything else sold, it's overcharged.
No kidding, they carge a ton for candy. stare  

Strideo
Crew

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:12 pm
Oh, one theatre/theater around me has arena seating, and awesome food in the stands,...like Pizzeria Uno's pizza. I just can't resist getting pizza...and I eat it so fast too...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:23 pm
Im against it. This is coming from a person who worked at a movie theater for 3 years.

Now bringing candy and maybe a small snack is ok with me, as long as you clean up after the movie, but I used to have people bring in buckets of KFC in their gigantic purses and then practically throw it all over the theater. Any kind of food that could fit in a purse was always brought to the movie but never thrown away.  

Nanner_Munkie7

Jshin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:31 pm
I like to buy popcorn if I have cash on hand (concessions is the main way theaters get money, hence the outrageous price).  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:43 pm
Jshin
I like to buy popcorn if I have cash on hand (concessions is the main way theaters get money, hence the outrageous price).

Yeah I was going to point this out. They don't allow it and the food is so pricy because thats where they get all the profit from.

Also, I dislike people throwing their trash everywhere, but really it doesn't matter if its KFC or bought from the theater, people just ignore the trash receptacles anyway.. Annoys the hell out of me. stare

Kuromi Charm

Nanner_Munkie7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:40 pm
xangel3
Jshin

Yeah I was going to point this out. They don't allow it and the food is so pricy because thats where they get all the profit from.

Also, I dislike people throwing their trash everywhere, but really it doesn't matter if its KFC or bought from the theater, people just ignore the trash receptacles anyway.. Annoys the hell out of me. stare

I always had people yelling at me because of the prices and its true they are outrageous but its like you said, thats how they make the money. But I still think its funny how alot of people through at fit in the theater about how much food cost yet they still continue to go out every weekend and buy the largest tub of popcorn and coke that they can get. (not refering to anyone here)

And the whole trash thing still annoys the hell about of me. The really nasty thing is that trash was not the worst thing I had to ever pick up.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:13 am
Nanner_Munkie7
xangel3
Jshin

I always had people yelling at me because of the prices and its true they are outrageous but its like you said, thats how they make the money. But I still think its funny how alot of people through at fit in the theater about how much food cost yet they still continue to go out every weekend and buy the largest tub of popcorn and coke that they can get. (not refering to anyone here)

And the whole trash thing still annoys the hell about of me. The really nasty thing is that trash was not the worst thing I had to ever pick up.
its cheaper to get a large then a small i was in a theater one time i orderd a small pop and it was nearly 3 bucks i think so i said give me a large instead couse the small was insanely small and expensive.  

Norran Dupree

Anxious Entrepreneur

4,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100

Hiro Cascade

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:58 am
I wouldn't mind if it was a small thing. A bag of small M&M's here is 3.50. FOR A SMALL. I can get that at CVS or a machine for a dollar. Can't imagine what King Size is. I don't tend to bring in bucket's of big things.

TRASH TRASH TRASH IS WASTEFUL! Hm...that sentence doesn't make any sense.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:49 am
Well wether you snuck the food in yourself or you bought it at the concession stand you should of course throw it away in a proper trash recepticle. 3nodding This goes for any place you visit though even if it's a gas station. No one should leave a huge mess for the employees to clean up.  

Strideo
Crew

rabbitinthemoon

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:42 am
i'll sneak in food if it's something the concession stand doesn't sell. & most of the stuff i want, the concession stands don't sell. but i've never EVER left trash in a theatre! i've stepped in other people's gum too many times to forget that littering is gross, no matter where you are. parking lot, beach, mall, park, i don't care; i'll stuff my trash into whatever i'm carrying until i can drop it in a bin. only trashy people litter. & i have nothing but respect for janitors, movie theatre workers, & other trash picker-uppers who labour nobly among disgusting detritus so that we won't have a trash pile for a world.  
"KFC" Kentucky Fried Chicken (aka "TFC" The Food Court)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games