Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
ERAGON: Book vs. Movie Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you like ERAGON the...
Book
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
Moive
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Aricka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:27 am
I was very disappointed with the Eragon movie and it was missing most of the key parts, and the characters seemed shallow.
1.) Arya has black hair
2.) the shade does not kill Brom
3.) The Ugals should look more like animals
4.) Dralza should not look like a zombie
5.) When Saphera flies for the first time, she dose not start on fire and all the suddenly she is grown up
6.) Eragon don't have bleach blond hair
7.) Elves have ears
8.) There are no dwarfs
And
9.) Dragons do not have feathers!

yes their are spelling errors  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:05 pm
Um, if you liked the book so much, you should know how to spell their names.

I think the movie was alright. Things like hair color don't really matter to me, and some things are just necessary for a movie, like Saphira growing up (though I can't say I liked that a whole lot either). True, the characters didn't seem as good though, and one thing I didn't like was the EragonxArya romance, which only appears later in the books and is one-sided.

Altogether, I'd say that is was good, but not that good, and I definitely liked the book better.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Aricka

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:17 am
The EragonxArya thing reminded me of a book/joke: While you were comatose.

I left my book at school. It would help if I could pronounce all the names sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:13 am
i'm sorry but the movie sucked. the book i could actually enjoy but the movie was made for a 5 year old kid on a pound of sugar and who forgot to take their ADD medication. the only similarities the movie had with the book was the name of the characters. the movie was a disgrace.  

Insane Mori on Tea

Ace_Is_Fair

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:43 pm
the book was far better than the movie, the movie either got things wrong, had them out of place, or wasnt there at all, plus there were no dwarves in the movie at all  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:30 am
the book was alot better  

AFI Fanatic

Aricka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:55 am
The only similarity is the names and places  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:42 am
I loved the book... I haven't seen the movie yet.. I heard it was really bad...

change that - the book was predictable, but it wasn't horrible  

Xarikue

Desirable Sex Symbol

lonewarrior666

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:28 am
i prefer the book...After the movie, i had to explian to my friend that it does not all take place in a span of a week...I liked the graphics of the movie though it kinda destroyed the book...I also missed most of the begining due to me being stupid, so i din't know they made her(i'm refering to the dragons whos name i can never get correct) learn to fly and breathe fire in the same day...

((sorry about my spelling mistakes ... its 11:27 and woke up this mornig at 5...))  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:14 pm
The movie was okay. I liked the casting for the most part, and I thought that it looked good visually. It would've been alright as a single movie, but they're gonna have some serious problems when they try to make the next two. confused

The book is way better, though. biggrin  

ArikaiHart

lycanth_the_lycanvamp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:24 pm
the movie sucked....the only thing to see was how cute the dragon was....thats about it....  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:13 am
the book was better  

XxMetal_UniversexX

Lonely Genius

11,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Marathon 300

isidar_mithram

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:01 am
Insane Mori on Tea
i'm sorry but the movie sucked. the book i could actually enjoy but the movie was made for a 5 year old kid on a pound of sugar and who forgot to take their ADD medication. the only similarities the movie had with the book was the name of the characters. the movie was a disgrace.

I completely agree. I would add my own arguments, but I've used them so many times, I am bored of them, and don't want to retype. Movie sucked, end of story. Baby saphira was cute though..  
Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff