Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
DRAMA GEEKS Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hjesta

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:05 pm
Alright, this is for teches and actors to discus different shows and how they could be done. I posted it because I noticed there was no topic for the Drama Geeks. Have fun.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:57 am
Thank you! I love Drama, especially competition! I've never done a musical before (except for School House Rock! Live!, but that doesn't really count) but I would love to do either West Side Story or Grease!  

chibi_kasumi_108

Hjesta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:12 pm
I've done one musical (Chicago) and am in the middle of doing Thoroughly Modern Millie. Disney shows are the best though, because the kids all think you're really the character. (I was the magic carpet in a play of Aladdin.)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:32 am
i'm obsessed with like Korean, Hong Kong and CHinese dramas (yes, i am asian, vietnamese razz )....

geek at heart mrgreen *straightens glasses*  

nacom202

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:20 am
Speaking of drama, it looks like I am finally back in control of my subforum. YaY!

I like Jdrama quite a bit. I think I need to watch Akibara@Deep next...

I have been in a few short films, some of which have won awards in highschool level film festivals, but I am much happier behind the camera being a director than acting. I am a horrible actor. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:54 pm
chibi_kasumi_108
Thank you! I love Drama, especially competition! I've never done a musical before (except for School House Rock! Live!, but that doesn't really count) but I would love to do either West Side Story or Grease!

I'm Jan in Grease at the moment, due to come out June/Julyish this year ^__^ I'd love to do Chicago or Les Miserables, one of those classics too.  

MissKimmers

musicfreak42

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:33 pm
Omigosh!! I love drama. Drama is the best!!!
heart blaugh heart
my school only does musicals. i have been in Godspell, Fiddler On The Roof (As the titular character 3nodding ), Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella ( heart heart ), and this year we're doing Pirates Of Penzance!! YAYNESS. I am also in set design for it (painting a pirate ship with Capt. Jack Sparrow as teh figurehead pirate heart ) but the drama teacher hasn't exactly set a date for auditions yet. I really want to be Mabel because she has some really complicated vocals, and i always love that. and, being and optimist, chances are i'll get it because i'm in eighth grade ("upperclassman" in middle school/junior high).
the eighth graders always got good parts. especially if they can sing, which i can.
But imagine life (drama club) without our Class of '06 heart . It would be terribly dull. sad but still. its my life. gotta be committed...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:03 pm
YAY!!! A Thread for us Drama peoples!!!!! YAY!!!  

LoveLexiiii

chibi_kasumi_108

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:09 pm
Hjesta
I've done one musical (Chicago) and am in the middle of doing Thoroughly Modern Millie. Disney shows are the best though, because the kids all think you're really the character. (I was the magic carpet in a play of Aladdin.)

Yeah, children's shows are great. Not much depth to the acting but it's really rewarding.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:51 pm
chibi_kasumi_108
Hjesta

Yeah, children's shows are great. Not much depth to the acting but it's really rewarding.

Think so? I find them harder because you have to overact everything to make it cartooney, it might just be me though. I just made twelve typewriters and 1920's phones for Thoroughly Modern Milley with the helf of two fantastic friends. I really am interested in a career in props design. If anyone knows anything about it, then I'd love a p.m..  

Hjesta

musicfreak42

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:46 am
Hjesta
chibi_kasumi_108
Hjesta

Think so? I find them harder because you have to overact everything to make it cartooney, it might just be me though. I just made twelve typewriters and 1920's phones for Thoroughly Modern Milley with the helf of two fantastic friends. I really am interested in a career in props design. If anyone knows anything about it, then I'd love a p.m..

It's much more fun to overact. blaugh
In Cinderella i thought i got to throw one of the fruits at the chef in rage, until the second-to-last rehearsal, when the director told me to stop gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:49 pm
In my school were doing Cheaper by the Dozen!  

3x3_eyes

musicfreak42

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:27 pm
3x3_eyes
In my school were doing Cheaper by the Dozen!

surprised Luckyy!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:49 am
I'd like to do voice acting for cartoons but I have no idea how to get into that field. Unless you have the resources, being a professional actor of any kind is extremely difficult.  

chibi_kasumi_108

chibi_kasumi_108

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:50 am
"Acting" is something you do.
"Actress" is a job description.
Actor is who I am.

8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games