Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
PSYCHOLOGY!!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mountolive

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:15 pm
with all other nerdy stuff, why not a medical topic specifically the mind and it's twisted ways that we are still trying to figure out.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:47 am
how about psychology of imprisonment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5OHkcXXxVg

i just couldnt understand how people could get paid for being in a prison sweatdrop  

cryonox

litra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:47 pm
cryonox
how about psychology of imprisonment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5OHkcXXxVg

i just couldnt understand how people could get paid for being in a prison sweatdrop
i've heard of that it's creepy what happens.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:12 pm
What about Frued? He was a little crazy but some of the stuff he says actually holds pretty true.  

chibi_kasumi_108

LunaEmperatrice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:23 am
Define normal first...

I believe we all are crazy to some extent. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:32 am
Sigmeund Freud? He had a great many contributions but some modern scientists are now questioning his conclusions and are proving some of his theories wrong about the subconscious.

Don't ask me about the details though! sweatdrop  

Glingar

chibi_kasumi_108

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:01 am
I just don't put much stock in modern psychology for the most part because they're too quick to pronounce someone as "Crazy" or "depressed" or "disfunctional" and pump them full of unescecary drugs. I've seen it far too many times.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:36 pm
I love psycology...

Anyone planning on a career in it?  

~~FocusUnbreakable~~

chibi_kasumi_108

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:35 am
I wanted to when I was younger. I read my mothers college pyschology text book when I was in 6th grade and found it very interesting. Then I realized how much school you have to go through to be a psychiatrist. ******** that.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:29 pm
I'm doing Psychology at school.. and I love it.. Its good.  

Light_Warrior_35_53

Ketski

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:01 pm
Im very well interested in it and I'll be taking AP psycology in my junior or senior year. That is, if I get accepted. It's not open for freshmans currently in my highschool nor sophomores so I'll have to wait. I've read a few pages from my brother's textbook.

I *might* want a career in psycology but I'm not persistent in anything so my opinions may change often. Besides, I wouldnt like listening to people's problems for the rest of my life.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:32 pm
chibi_kasumi_108
What about Frued? He was a little crazy but some of the stuff he says actually holds pretty true.

Some of what he said might be true, but he also was a slightly twisted guy. He'd think that a lot of things in a person's dreams would relate to sex and desire for their mother. He was cool though and is still considered one of the fathers of psychology though regardless.  

Riverwolf54

glyngaris

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:37 am
Freud also said that sexual energy started from birth... That just doesn't sound right to me. Although, many of his other theories sound fairly reasonable.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:20 pm
Psychology isn't nerdy. It's very popular. Computer programming. Bingo. Biology, chemistry, physics, earth sciences, mathematics... these things are all nerdy. Psychology, it's hardly science.  

Koravin

chibi_kasumi_108

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:42 am
rolleyes  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games