Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Skepty
Vice Captain

Dapper Elocutionist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:20 pm
I guess I'll be showcasing all of my previously done animations here, upon request from somebody, I think it was lock317. But yeah. Oh, BTW, chronological order.

Also, please don't PM me asking for animation orders, because I'm currently NOT making animations. This isn't a shop thread, it's a guild history type deal. Sorry.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
My first Why Not animation, for use in my signature. Eventually placed on the homepage by Zphal. Many months later, it was still on the homepage, so I decided to change it around a little. I added more dialogue at the end, about how long the animation had been up. It took a long time for members to notice, which was what I wanted it to do. I can't find that version of the animation at this time, however.

This was my second Why Not animation, for use by Zphal in her siggy. I think this was before I knew that Zphal and Zentlair were the same person. Also, the last frame that has me in it, wasn't there originally; I added that on at a later point in time.

I still get questions about how I survived the nine-person glomp. You can still see this one floating around on the homepage. I'm sure that most of the members in the frame with, like, eight of them don't come here regularly anymore. I wouldn't be able to identify some of them, either. I know it has Boney in there, as well as Jackelope. Hmm... Xindaris (not sure if that's spelled right), Mrs Nightshade, Tarrien, Cybergothika... okay, I remember more than I thought.

Just a simple one I did for another guild. I'm not in it gonk

Animation I did to celebrate 10,000 members. I like the whole "dude, why is my laptop clicking?" bit. Around this time, I started working with new concepts, like the "animation in the backround" bit. I've gotten lazier since. And yes, my hair is pink, as voted upon by the members of Why Not.

The animation I did for the PDF... though I can't remember exactly why a subforum needed one. Man, my pink hair did not match my outfit at all. Also contains Zivas_Gambino, who is now Utasa. Who I don't see anymore.

This is just an animation about what our members have said about us.

Here's one I did for Halloween, when I dressed up as Zphal. That led to some confusion, especially for Tau, who ended up actually calling me Zphal on many occasions.

One of my few utter failures. Deciding that it would be funny if I made an animation that followed the "I feel great" nutri-grain commercial, I spent a long time on this one. However, Zphal took it down almost immediately, upset that I had Khalida say that his marriage sucked, and that he hated his life because of it. Kegan suggested I add on to the end a scene where Khalida and Zphal kiss to let us know that it isn't true (after checking to make Zphal was actually Zphal and not Skepty in disguise, see above), but I was too disheartened at that point to incorporate the scene. Chances are, you've never seen this one before.

I made this one solely to fill the void left when Zphal took down the "I Feel Great" animation, above. The last frame in this animation is actually referring to that incident. Also, Tarrien's font changes halfway through. I didn't notice it until after I finished.

This one was based on a random role-play we did one day. Required a lot of drawing stuff on my part. Yes, that is my (now-ex) girlfriend's avvie in bonus scene 1. This one took me a long time to do, though I'm not sure why. It seems like they take longer if I'm copying off of something than it does if I create the script myself.

A Why Not animation based on "All Your Base". I'm not in it. Strangely, I didn't think it would go over as well as it did. For the most part, I didn't copy the actual "All Your Base" scene, but Legendary Frog's version of it, which can be found as an easter egg in one of his flash animations. It features the cute Kerrigan talking about muffins where Kats/Zphal should be.

Yes, I did have something actually planned for that first scene, and then I forgot about it. I do that often. I should write ideas down. Also, this is the first / only animation where I included a hint about what was coming up animation-wise.

Ah, the 12 days animations. Crazydude's idea. He just suggest the name; Zphal and I came up with the items. Took me a long time, considering that I had to make all the frames twice due to a slip-up that caused the first version to not save. I do like the second version better though, because the first time, I forgot to have Nadian's part be about "desu" which I wanted; instead, it was something along the lines of "thank-yous for sale". I almost put in "donation items" as sort of a joke, because "monthly collectibles" had too many syllables, but I never did. Also, the reason I had Crazy forget his lines was because I couldn't think of anything for day 12

I did this just to have something on the homepage between Christmas and New Year's.

I had fun with this one. I was originally going to make Skepty disappear, but when I saw the CoCo kitty on the Gaia Homepage... well, I thought that would be funnier. It was amusing to try to think of what Zphal would do if she was given a chance at running the animation. Also, it appears that my laptop has mystical powers. sweatdrop

A sequel to the one where Zphal does the animation. Didn't really get a lot of feedback on this one; then again, I didn't put much energy in it, either.

Another for some other guild. I'm pretty sure they wrote the script for this.

In all honesty I probably made this just to complain about the arena entry posts.

Yeah I didn't make this one. My font choices are better. But apparently it has my personal Seal of Approval. Couldn't tell you why.

I really did get messages like that after I got turned into a Coco.

Still my personal favorite.

I guess I started doing requests for a bit, since I signed my full name at the end. I wonder if I was getting paid for that.

The tentacle in the punch bowl was a running joke the year before. What's more baffling is why I thought that outfit would be appropriate at a prom.

I'm about 90% certain I made this just after seeing 300.

I started doing plain images after a while, since they were a lot quicker to do than animations. These were probably done by messing around with various Linux-compatable image editors. I, uh, I was big into Linux back then. I'm back to Windows now. But only because I need it for PC gaming. Promise.

I... don't even know where the heck this came from. If I knew for a fact I'd never taken drugs before, I'd be convinced that this one was due to drugs.

Testing the waters with some more comic-like images.

Dunno, I still like the reddish-orange.

I had to spend my 19th birthday driving through South Dakota, the worst state. Seriously, Pennsylvania is "The Keystone State", Florida is "The Sunshine State", I'm pretty sure South Dakota is "The Worst State".

I still like this.

Hey, I AM important.

I don't even remember what the dun dun duns were for. I'm sure it made sense back then.

This one's not great. I was probably out of practice.

Can't resist a chance to make fun of myself.

I made this one because the Christmas event was causing some serious slowdown. Which made the event more aggravating because by the time you actually got what the kid wanted, he wanted something else. Anyway Goober was totally my favorite. Such a cute kid.

Obvious cop-out. Seriously though, people kept sending me socks. I still have eight DIFFERENT pairs of socks in my inventory.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:13 pm
Heh, it was actually I that asked you if you'd do that!
Maybe Locke asked too, but I should get some creds, too.

-The Insane Faerie-

4,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

locke317

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:11 pm
Thanks for making this.

EDIT: This is the thread about Skepty being a prophet.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:52 pm
You know now that I'm a mod I need more animations... I jest...

Oh gee, the memories, I'll miss some parts of this, but not enough to ever come back.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

crazydude444292

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:48 am
you forgot to credit me for "the twelve 'why not?' days of xmas!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:28 pm
crazydude444292

Oops. Good catch.  

A Skepty
Vice Captain

Dapper Elocutionist

crazydude444292

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:22 am
Askeptykal
crazydude444292

Oops. Good catch.
well i try you know...
btw, got a new idea for you if you decide to use it...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:25 am
yo im in yer guild and just to say.....YOUR ANIMATIONS ROCK!!!! i am very proud to be apart of the "why not" guild! ^_^  

P-J-TRASH

A Skepty
Vice Captain

Dapper Elocutionist

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:39 pm
wax_julette
yo im in yer guild and just to say.....YOUR ANIMATIONS ROCK!!!! i am very proud to be apart of the "why not" guild! ^_^

Thanks a lot! I appreciate the compliment! blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:04 pm
Ooh, this needs to be updated! biggrin biggrin

Wait, more work for Skepty?

Yup. 3nodding  

Think Different.

A Skepty
Vice Captain

Dapper Elocutionist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:06 pm
Think Different.
Ooh, this needs to be updated! biggrin biggrin

Wait, more work for Skepty?

Yup. 3nodding

Bleh!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:20 pm
HA!  

Ryougi Yasumaru

InAGiffy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:47 am
lol very funny, skepty! But I dont understand the I feel great one... am I missing something?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:38 pm
i am new and i saw your animation and i thought it was cool. you have a lot of skill ...in other words you are AWESOME at what you do!!!  

xxKOxx

Mystic Requiem

Eloquent Fairy

13,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:19 pm
OMFG! those rock  
"OGS" Official Guild Stuff~!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items