Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Skepty
Vice Captain

Dapper Elocutionist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:46 pm
Due to numerous questions about my animations, I have decided to make up an FAQ, to be linked from the homepage. More questions may be added at a later time.

Q: What file type are your animations?
A: All my animations are simple .gif files.

Q: How do you make your animations / what programs do you use?
A: I make my animations using both Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9 and Jasc Animation Shop 3. The frames are created in Paint Shop Pro using pretty much just avvies, a background eraser, text, and the pen tool. Sometimes I will get fancy, but that's pretty much it. Then, I paste each frame into Animation Shop to string them all together, work on the timing, and save!

Q: Where can I see your previous animations?
A: Just click here.

Q: How often do you make new animations?
A: Whenever I feel like I want to make one, or whenever Zphal tells me to.

Q: What are your plans for upcoming animations?
A: I really don't have any. For the most part, ideas just instantly hit me. Besides, if I tell you what I'm thinking, you'd pressure me to finish it.

Q: No I won't!
A: Yes you will.

Q: Put me in an animation!
A: That's not a question. So no.

Q: Fine. Can you put me in an animation?
A: That pretty much depends on who you are. But for the most part, no. For one, if I put you in, then I might have to put the next person in. And the next. And the next. Pretty soon, I'd have to put a thousand people in an animation, and it just wouldn't work. Second, when I create an animation, I usually have specific members in mind. These members are ones I know decently, so I can guess reasonably well how they'd act and respond in certain situations. If have have throw-away spots that don't need specific members to fill, then I might start picking members I know less well; however, I will still use names that are known to a good chunk of our community. So, in short, to increase your chances, it's best to post around a bunch and don't be a stranger. Besides, I think that it's more worthwhile to get to know all of us than it is to be in a silly little animation.

Q: I have an idea for an animation! Will you use it?
A: Probably not, for a bunch of different reasons. I feel awkward trying to use other people's ideas, and I like the good responses I get with my own work. Also, I know what my skills are, and sometimes, I've gotten ideas for things that would be difficult to do in .gif animations. So I try to use my own ideas whenever possible. Even when Zphal requests a banner, she doesn't include specifics, she just tells me what she wants the theme to be about.

Q: Can I put one of your animations on my guild homepage?
A: I haven't actually decided on this, but for the time being, no.

Q: Will you make an animation for my guild? How much will it cost?
A: I have made animations for other guilds upon request. However, the thing you must understand is that it will not be as personalized if I create the skit myself, as I do not know your guild very well. If I do decide to do one for you, it would help me if you have me some ideas to work with. Also, I do reserve the right to refuse your request for whatever reason. I might just be busy at the time, not feeling up to making an animation, deeming that your guild doesn't have enough members for it being worth an animation, etc. It should also be noted that, due to a large amount of requests recently, I will be charging for animations. I just haven't decided a strict price yet.

Remember, other questions may be added at a later date. Thank you.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:27 am
Ph.D
I had a dream, I was a rabbit running though the grass. Then I fell in a hole, which lead me to a caved river. That river took me to the ocean where I swam with the dolphins. I then turned into a dolphin. A dolphin I was, swimming gracefully across the surface of the water. My moment in life as a dolphin was a pleasant one. I swam through corals, and through reefs. Traversing through jellyfish infested territory, then into the vast open. Till it became dark. It stayed dark. All dark. Then I woke, that dream meant only one thing. I forgot to brush my teeth.

E: I've noticed I'm the only one that posted. Mind you, I didn't do it for any 'gain' whatsoever. So, let me ask, is this bad? That I posted here on my free-furry will?

Umm... I guess not... I was pretty much gonna use this space for more questions, but whatever.  

A Skepty
Vice Captain

Dapper Elocutionist

crazydude444292

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:54 pm
can we pitch ideas to you for animations?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:40 pm
crazydude444292
can we pitch ideas to you for animations?

No. I'll add that to the list.  

A Skepty
Vice Captain

Dapper Elocutionist

visiface

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:40 pm
I'd like to ask if you've ever tried GIMP.org, and if it's similar to the programs you use?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:08 pm
invisible_cows
I'd like to ask if you've ever tried GIMP.org, and if it's similar to the programs you use?

i have had it on my computer at one point, but I never worked too much with it. I think the thing that turned me off was the fact that there were so many different windows open and stuff. I have heard, though, that it's comparable to programs like the expensive Photoshop. If you can handle the multiple windows, I'm sure it'd pretty much do whatever I ask Paint Shop Pro to do for me. Which isn't much, to be honest with you xp  

A Skepty
Vice Captain

Dapper Elocutionist

Ms._Fashion_Victim_2006

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:40 am
Where can you buy an Animation Shop program?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:08 pm
Ms._Fashion_Victim_2006
Where can you buy an Animation Shop program?

Mine came free with Paint Shop Pro 9. And I got that for Christmas... though I think mom might have ordered it off of Amazon.  

A Skepty
Vice Captain

Dapper Elocutionist

Ryu_Momochi

Dapper Informer

1,850 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:23 pm
I have a question. If I paid you, how much would it be to make an animation for me? Assuming you say yes of course. Just a hypothetical for my information.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:16 pm
Ryu_Momochi
I have a question. If I paid you, how much would it be to make an animation for me? Assuming you say yes of course. Just a hypothetical for my information.

I honestly have no idea. I've just started with the notion of charging for animations, so I'm going to get a feel for what people are willing to pay for one.  

A Skepty
Vice Captain

Dapper Elocutionist

gorebear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:45 am
your animations are cute.
i like em.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:42 am
i think your animations are funny...i saved a couple because of such ^^ the latest with the grocery basket is hysterical!  

XoxDragonHeartxoX

3,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200

Butter on Toast

6,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:39 pm
Why Not?? Why Not?? Why Not??Why Not?? Why Not?? Why Not??  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:49 pm
Askeptykal
Ryu_Momochi

I honestly have no idea. I've just started with the notion of charging for animations, so I'm going to get a feel for what people are willing to pay for one.

Well, for one of yours I would pay upwords of 10k for a medium one. I wish I had upwords of 10k, cause I would pay you for any good animation.  

Ryu_Momochi

Dapper Informer

1,850 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Window Shopper 100
"OGS" Official Guild Stuff~!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers