Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Harry Potter be banned?
  Yes
  No
View Results

BlackBloodJin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:25 am
I was making my daily routine looking at all my news sites and I got to Mugglenet.com and I saw a post about that Laura Mallory woman who has been trying since August of 2005 to have Harry Potter banned from some Georgia schools. And now she has her own website, where you can comment. and Here is what I left.....

I really don't see what the big deal with Harry Potter is. It helps so many children read, and others to think in an imaginative way. Why would someone want to take that away from kids? Where I live and go to high school there is hardly a kid who hasn't read Harry Potter, and there is no violence, no witch craft, alcohol or drug abuse. J.K. Rowling merely wrote a book about pure fantasy and imagination. There have been thousands of books published that have witch craft and magic in them, what makes Harry Potter so different? Is it because kids would rather take some time and read that then talk about the bible and God every moment of everyday? I believe in God and Jesus Christ and so does my whole family. But they can understand the fine line between fiction and reality. It is just merely a story and nothing more. J.K. Rowling is not a witch or a bad person for that matter. She just wrote a book about something she thought of in her mind and sold it to a publishing company. If you have a problem with it then fine, don't read it. But don't complain to the rest of the world about it and the people who like Harry Potter.

And personally I think Laura Mallory should be shamed for saying Harry Potter is evil and promotes black magic when she herself has never read the book. So why should we believe her?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:15 pm
Okay Jin, seriously, have you been to our school? Beause we do have lots of violence, lots of drug abuse, lot's of alcohol abuse (us included), and there possibly might be some idiots trying to cast spells out there. I also know a lot of people who haven't read Harry Potter. neutral  

Pensakura

toricmpbll

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:09 pm
Pensakura
Okay Jin, seriously, have you been to our school? Beause we do have lots of violence, lots of drug abuse, lot's of alcohol abuse (us included), and there possibly might be some idiots trying to cast spells out there. I also know a lot of people who haven't read Harry Potter. neutral
maybe if jin came to school more she would see it  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:23 pm
toricmpbll
Pensakura

rofl

But no, I don't believe Harry Potter should be banned. First amendment people, first amendment.  

Pensakura

toricmpbll

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:39 pm
Pensakura
toricmpbll
Pensakura

rofl

But no, I don't believe Harry Potter should be banned. First amendment people, first amendment.
3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:47 pm
Ok, I meant violence ocurring because of Harry Potter. This crazy b***h says that Harry Potter turns kids evil and shouldn't ever be read by anyone. And that all violence in schools is because of Harry Potter. while in the meantime she has never even read Harry Potter  

BlackBloodJin

toricmpbll

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:54 pm
BlackBloodJin
Ok, I meant violence ocurring because of Harry Potter. This crazy b***h says that Harry Potter turns kids evil and shouldn't ever be read by anyone. And that all violence in schools is because of Harry Potter. while in the meantime she has never even read Harry Potter
i would just say "******** u and no i didn't get that from harry potter i got it from t.v."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:01 pm
toricmpbll
BlackBloodJin
i would just say "******** u and no i didn't get that from harry potter i got it from t.v."

rofl rofl rofl

Exactly!  

Pensakura

RoninRampage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:05 pm
Harry potter is one of the coolest books i read...though im no longer interested...it didnt make me Violent in any way/shape/or form. I got violent because of idiots like her who wish to take that which they dont know about. I went Satanic because Self Righteous retards like her say whats right and whats not. I did my drugs/drinking because of life itself. Not one bad aspect of my life was doen because "Harry potter made me do it." All harry potter did was introduce me to the cute Hermoine Granger (forgive any mispellings) in the movies...lol  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:28 pm
Harry Potter kills puppies xd  

Pensakura

toricmpbll

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:11 pm
Pensakura
were the hell did that come from  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:16 pm
toricmpbll
Pensakura