Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply ®
Scam-How NOT to fall for one!-For the newbies~READ~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Natorra Red-wolf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:17 pm
Ok i know what to do, but the best thing im doing right now, i did this on purpose to let people know what happens when you are gullable, and when you dont read all the warnings. I did this on purpose to teach the new people! Welcome to gaia, if your a serious gamer and is picky about winning or losing or if you always want to win then read this!

NO im not stupid, i just have extra stuff on my hands so i could care less on what i just lost.

REMEMBER IT IS JUST A GAME, NOTHING THAT CAN HARM YOU, OR SCREW
YOU OVER. IT NOT IMPORTANT TO LIFE.

NOW! this one starts like this: He ask for my G9 Laptop (worth about 54k) and he will give me something of equal value
User Image

NEVER ACCECPT THESE!! THERE FRAUD!, FAKE!, IS A LOW WAY OF STEALING FROM PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW!

Here is his link that sig leads too:
User Image
Look here it his profile, looks good right? WRONG LOOOK MORE CAREFULLY:
Note is posting, it only at 3 post.
look at the date he joined, less then a month ago. Most people on gaia only earn about 2-3k for posting and bout 15k for games and about 3k for towns when they just start, thats no where near eough to be able to buy pengin slippers.
User Image
Here that trade:
User Image
looks good, but look more carefully, the item he sent was a gift giving box. anything could be in it.

NEVER ACCPECT TRADES WITH THESE BOXES, AND NOT IN ANY COLOR.

THis what was in it.
User Image

now he going to be banned for this,reason he didnt give me on equal value he gave me a an item worth 100 gold. this make him a fraud. a liar and a cheepskate. AND TO THE SCAMMER, ALL ACOUNTS TRADEING WITH THE ITEMS WILL BE BANNED AS WELL! And that is the reason why so many people where getting banned for a while.

Thank you for reading, please share the love and educate the new people!

P.S
"Please do not give out your password to anyone! Admins and moderators will never request your password. If a user states that he/she is an admin or moderator, but is requesting your password, PLEASE REPORT THIS USER TO A MOD!"

Ok the next Scam that is going around is the gold gerateors

NEVER USE THESE, YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING RIGHT DOWN TO THE PASSWORD.

thisis how most of them start:
User Image
User Image
Now the link leads to here:
User Image
User Image
^ now that looks convincing, reason is you can;t see the password being typed in. you just get ********

but this is what it look like on the other end:
User Image

NOw that person can do this:
User Image

and after they get in they change the password, take gold and items and leave that user like this
User Image
NOw she can never get back into that account unless the person didn't change the e-mail then password retirve can let you in. but most of the time that gets changed too.

(now on another notw, i used 2 mule accounts to do this one.) All this was done in the way everyone make these gold genarators. these are are common all you are doing is GIVING them your password to your account..

Messages from other people on the site.

hockeyhottie02
Whoa thats kinda scary... Right now if I hadn't spent any gold ever I'd have about 6k... This has practically nothing to do with the topic here but my point is it was really cool of you to sacrifice a 54k item to show people how that stuff happens. Some idiot tried to scam me and sent me a "warning" PM about it, but I knew it was fake because there were some grammar errors and I'm a geek biggrin I know this post isn't perfect though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:09 pm
Very nice of you to post this for people to see. I hope people actually read it.

I think the most important thing people have to do when dealing with scammers is just to use common sense. If it doesn't seem safe, or seems like a scam, it probably is.  

Flarya

Lady Amathade

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:05 am
People would do anything just to get gold, and never really consider that they could end up losing alot.

It was quite helpful of you for posting this up, and warns newcomers of the scams that they could get into.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:10 am
Thank you so much for posting this up. ^^ I'll be sure to keep this in mind when I receive such PMs. 3nodding Although I did get one, it sounded fishy to me so I simply deleted it.

Greed is often the root of all scams, whether online or offline. sweatdrop  

Iseru Dryves

5,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200

i_love_nutmeg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:25 am
Very nice information on scams. Great idea to use the pictures.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:07 am
im sure some people were just saved because of this ^^  

JapanLover317

Natorra Red-wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:10 pm
Flarya
Very nice of you to post this for people to see. I hope people actually read it.

I think the most important thing people have to do when dealing with scammers is just to use common sense. If it doesn't seem safe, or seems like a scam, it probably is.
yeah! thats why i did it so there images even if they didnt read it, they get the idea from the images~  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:13 pm
Automata 33175
People would do anything just to get gold, and never really consider that they could end up losing alot.

It was quite helpful of you for posting this up, and warns newcomers of the scams that they could get into.
yeah, and whith all the account banning with the items on them (because the items never get returned) market prices are sky rocketing on older items!  

Natorra Red-wolf

Natorra Red-wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:15 pm
mingzhu
Thank you so much for posting this up. ^^ I'll be sure to keep this in mind when I receive such PMs. 3nodding Although I did get one, it sounded fishy to me so I simply deleted it.

Greed is often the root of all scams, whether online or offline. sweatdrop
yeah. i get them alot but i have many accounts, but i earned everything on them by posting (all accounts combiune 55,000 post est) and i been on the site for 3 years now! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:17 pm
i_love_nutmeg
Very nice information on scams. Great idea to use the pictures.
yeah i thought so too. i made a photoshop tut, and i though why not make a scammers awearness one in the sam format!  

Natorra Red-wolf

Natorra Red-wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:17 pm
JapanLover317
im sure some people were just saved because of this ^^
yup! i have gotten many pms with thanks you!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:58 pm
bump  

Living Ink
Crew

radishez

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:16 pm
This is awesome.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:55 pm
radishez
This is awesome.
Thank you!  

Natorra Red-wolf

bursting_nova

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:30 pm
dang u must have no attachment to your gaia items or else you would not go through that whole scamming thing even though it was kinda super obvious that he was scamming. either that or he was a friend  
®

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff