[kookies]
Captain

9,050 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:32 pm
Headline
A young doctor who admitted stealing a cadaver hand as a medical student, then giving it to a stripper he befriended, was set to be sentenced on Thursday.

Ahmed Rashed, 26, pleaded guilty earlier this month to a reduced charge of third-degree theft.

He gave the hand to Linda Kay, 31, during one of his visits to the club where she worked. He got to know the exotic dancer while he was a first-year medical student in 2002. She wanted a cadaver's hand, authorities said, and he complied.

Authorities said the hand was found in a jar on Kay's dresser in her South Plainfield home last summer. Friends have said she called it "Freddy."

The doctor's attorney, Kalman Geist, said he removed the hand from a fully dissected cadaver at the University of Medicine and Dentistry in Newark that was scheduled for cremation, and was unaware that what he did was illegal. He graduated in 2005 and is now in his third year of residency at a Los Angeles hospital.

Rashed will be prohibited from seeking a license to practice medicine in New Jersey while he is on probation.

Middlesex County Assistant Prosecutor Judson Hamlin said he will recommend five years of probation.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm
I know some of you may not, I think it'd be pretty cool to have a human hand in a jar, then again I'd be pretty pissed if happened to be my family member.

[kookies]
Captain

9,050 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Pensakura

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm
eek Wow... I wouldn't like a hand, maybe if it was the skull though...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:28 pm
i would put it next to my cats tail and ashes of my cat  

toricmpbll

Canicuss

Countess Confectioner

59,975 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • The Edgiest 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:37 pm
That is the ultimate in creepy. Yuck, I hope I don't have any friends who are closet body part collectors.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:13 pm
thats weird.. i don't even want to think about it gonk

cherrish_girl

getsumei

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:20 pm
why would it be illegal to have a hand? i mean like if the family of the person didn't know then i could see why you could go to court about it. but like if its someone you know does it really matter? confused  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:47 am
getsumei
why would it be illegal to have a hand? i mean like if the family of the person didn't know then i could see why you could go to court about it. but like if its someone you know does it really matter? confused
lets try it out kris cut off ur hand and give it to me  

toricmpbll

getsumei

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:39 pm
toricmpbll
getsumei
hell no.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:11 pm
getsumei
toricmpbll
getsumei
hell no.
pretty plz  

toricmpbll

BlackBloodJin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:44 pm
getsumei

Stealing a hand weather it's a dead person is not is considered theft.... I would think it would be kind of like grave robbing, but he wasn't buried.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:32 am
BlackBloodJin
getsumei

Stealing a hand weather it's a dead person is not is considered theft.... I would think it would be kind of like grave robbing, but he wasn't buried.
3nodding  

toricmpbll

[kookies]
Captain

9,050 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:55 am
All I know is thats one freaky fetish or whatever you want to call it that I don't wanna know about

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:47 pm
i don't think its weird or freaky. it would actually be sorta interesting to have a body part or a complete dead body in your house.  

AngelMuerto

Vice Captain

Avenger

Jacks_right_hand_man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:07 pm
yeah that would be cool. i would love to get a shruken head for my room. twisted you know hang it up right in front of my door if i'm mad. let it be a warning to people. 3nodding  
The Gold Mine

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff