Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~~cutie~princess~queen~~

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:26 pm
hell or heaven?

cemetery or bliss?

give me some hope!!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:33 pm
There must be something designed for humanity and animals after they face death... Whether you are scientifically inclined or believe in god it does not matter. In science there is usually a balance and most people believe that god would not leave us with nothing if we die. I cannot commit sucide if I know not what is on the other side. If I knew maybe I would have enough hope and power. Sadly, I believe heaven and hell are both FAKE. They are human created theories. God or the gods/godessess (Depends on your religion) did not proclaim anything of the after life. Maybe in egyptian religion or paganism but not in most of the current religions. Hence forth you never know.

THIS IS THE SCARY PART: I'm afraid if this is true... Life is a lie! When you die you forget EVERYTHING and are sent off into a new borns body. All your hard work for nothing. It is like a wheel of life that spins and sends you back to were you started. I dont want to die knowing I'll forget everything... It isn't worth it. I try hard all my life only to die...

As Draconian told me once: "Live and Learn; Die and Forget it All; Live life to the fullest!;"

-_-''  

Incompetent Revelation

bluecherry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:41 pm

As mentioned above, many believe in after-lives of various sorts, others in reincarnation, but I personally agree with the idea that when you die, that's just it, the end. You simply cease to exist as a person. Your body remains to rot but your mind is gone. The electrical impulses of the brain stop and thus so do "you." So, I agree with the above post on one thing -- "make the most of your life while you can" -- because it's all you've got. Sure, lots of people complain that's sad to think about, and true, it is too bad we can't just live forever as ourselves I agree, but I think the fact that there's no "after life" for which you have to waste your whole life devoting all your actions to thinking about a later life to is liberating and it's good that you don't have this re-incarnation system either because, like the above post said, it would be really frustrating to put so much into a life time only to go through a big painful death and be confounded, all your accumulated efforts, experience, accomplishments and learning lost, back to square one starting all over again.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:48 pm
If we had eternity what would we strive for, there would be almost no motivation for anything, I mean we would have all the time in the world right? As for heaven and hell, think about how those sound. Would you really worship a god that sends thousands of people to suffer for eternity, or would you want a perfect life, with no meaning at all, basically a glorified purgatory, hell with the absence of pain. Then there is the recycled soul theory stated above, it would not be you. It might sound comforting to know that your soul lives on but it would not be you. You are made out of what happens to you, how you deal with it, and your perspective. when you lose all of these you are dead, it is all over, goodbye. Personally I see death and the split second before it as a realization that you have played your part in shaping and protecting reality before you get the chance to leave the problem to others. Please refute everything I say fiercely because I am tiered and I want to be able to fully explain what I mean when I get back.  

Aki Norikaeru

elilen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:14 am

On one hand, I dislike the idea of a sort of afterlife, wherein, depending on one's actions in this life, one will live in eternal bliss or eternal suffering (the heaven and hell concept.) i haven't heard mention yet of an afterlife that does not necesarilly subject one to a forever of joy or hardships (although, admittedly, it is possible someone said it and i just dont know of it). also, i don't see why we can't simply end when we die.
On the other hand, however, the more fanciful side of me has me thinking, what if we become/go to whatever we belived in when we die? a sort of example would be like, if one believes in heaven or hell, then when, he dies, he'll go to one of those. if another believed in life that he would go to some magical land filled with enchanted corn and dncing trolls, then that's where he'll go to. (yeah, i realize this may seem really, erm... strange<-for lack of a better word)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:45 pm

That's something else about the usual "after lives" I've heard mentioned - they don't have much for gradation or a scale. It's like a sharp cut of all "good people" (however that's defined in the particular ideology proposing this after life system) go to this "perfect" eternally happy world and all "bad people" (as they define that in their system again) go to this eternally horrible place. There's not much of a real reaping what you sewed - somebody who just barely makes the cut one way or the other gets just as much as somebody who was at the far end of the scale. A bit unfair, isn't it, for a system which is supposed to be all about "eternal, ultimate justice"?

bluecherry
Vice Captain

Aki Norikaeru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:50 pm
One after life I know of lets those who have done great deeds relive them over and over, and those who have done extreme evil have to repeat the action over and over again.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:29 pm
I believe that when you die, you simply die; for your body. You see, I believe that your body lives, your soul lives, and your spirit lives. They go three different places because they are three different things that can not go the the same place. For your body, I believe, has to pay for all the bad things in your life, thus it rotting afterwards of your death. For your soul, I believe, gets to pay for all the good things you've done; being able to live on in another living form. But for your spirit, I believe, gets to do as it wills. Your spirit is where you mind lies. So you won't forget everything, you won't get to know a "Heaven" or "Hell" because you're not going there. You can wonder the earth or go up in space for all you care.

Now I've breached another subject in the above paragraph, read on if you want.

Ghosts, are what I believe Spirits that are too attached to earth to leave and go out and explore the rest of what is. And I say there there are a lot of them, too! It's just that some are stronger than others' Spirits, and that's why we can not see them all.

Now I believe this is a really fine idea of what happens once we die. But you believe what you want.  

Celest Demonlane

Aki Norikaeru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:03 pm
That is very well thought out. Sometimes I wonder why people are afraid to die, fully I mean. Why do we need an after life, an eternal rest sounds much better than any other option.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:23 pm
i think your mind and soul float in oblivion a place where you can think contemplate or slumber  

black love666

LatayaLuna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:43 am
I think everybody sees something different in the afterlife and in dieing itself, because at the moment we cant do more than thinking about it. In my opinion everybody has a different afterlife because we believe different things and lived different lives.Some people may just cease to exist while others find themself in heaven or hell, whatever they think is the right place for them. And some come back as ghosts.
But the thruth is we just dont know so I think we should live this life as we see it fit and the way we are happy because you never know what comes after that(or when it ends.)
But wouldnt it be boring if we knew when we die and how and what comes after that? For me death and what comes after it seems rather exciting, especially because we dont know it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:34 pm
What would Eternal Rest seem like? Feel like? What would we see? A dream? What we want to happen?  

Celest Demonlane

Reptiliac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:56 am
will the flood behind me?

Personally, I don't care what happens after death.
I like to think we just die and that's the end of it.
But if there were an afterlife, I could imagine it would have nothing to do with a "heaven" or a "hell",
I think it would just exist as a place where we can do anything we please.

put out the fire inside?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:05 pm

*pokes* So then what was the point of posting in this topic? xd But do you really have nothing to say on the subject at all? If so, fine, but I just find it hard to believe that on a topic such as this anybody really has nothing to say at all. ninja

bluecherry
Vice Captain

General Snicker-Doodle

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:42 pm
Smile, and the world will smile with you.

Personally, I like the idea of going to heaven...I do believe that God is a forgiving kind of guy, and if you are truly, deeply sorry for your sins, you will be forgiven. If you are not, however(like not being sorry for murder), then you will be sent to Hell. Yeah. Be a good person.

Laugh and they'll all think you're on drugs.

51: Philosophy.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff