Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Questions, Answers, and FAQs
Final Fantasy XII pairings Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I have five toes on my...
  Left foot
  Right foot
  Nasel passages
View Results

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:16 pm
What are they!?!? At various points in the game it seems like everyone hits on everyone.

Ashe/Vaan would be obvious, because she's the leading female and he's the leading male, but, I've seen no real support for that pairing. confused

Anyone know what the ACTUAL pairings are supposed to be?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:24 pm
Balthier/Fran. Not only my favorite pairing, but it does have quite a bit of support behind it...  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:03 pm
FAIL! Balthier/Ashe. xd

Sorry. It's true that there's support, but, they never make it into anything, you know? The entire game seems to be made of So-and-so says something and you think, 'Oooh...', but then what-their-face responds to something to make you think, 'Oh, hey! I can see that!'.

It's a game of indecision. "/  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:46 pm
I think it's a case of looking too hard... sweatdrop There really isn't much to go by, but Balthier/Fran is a definite... Just look at the very first picture in the art book!  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Kapwned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:25 pm
My guess is Balthier/Fran (naturally), and then I think Vaan/Penelo should be, and I dunno the rest.

You know what I also noticed? There is ALWAYS a love story in a Final Fantasy, but they never kiss, they always hug, embrace, but never kiss.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:39 pm
They're like CLAMP. =O Damn them! xd

But, didn't they kiss in X? I don't remember~ sweatdrop  

ArikaiHart

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:34 am
ArikaiHart
They're like CLAMP. =O Damn them! xd

But, didn't they kiss in X? I don't remember~ sweatdrop

*Thinks*

Nope, I don't think so. Wow. I never oticed that in Final Fantasy or CLAMP.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:57 pm
(In X Yuna and Tidus did kiss so did Squall and Rinoa in the Epilogue/Bonus Movie.)

And as for pairings:

Ashe/Rasler (And perhaps Ashe/Vaan as in some scenes they have a similarity to X's Yuna and Tidus scenes.)
Balthier/Fran
Penelo/Vaan
Basch isn't paired up with anyone (even though a certain artwork from the art book has Ashe in a bikini and Basch with a bit less clothing on...) he's still attending his duties of protecting the next in the royal bloodline.

Besides, during the game a person in the Aerodome mentions Balthier doing things that he was known for and Vaan could know when he was older - it's actually hinted that Balthier is a "Ladies Man" as he does sometimes flirt with the female characters but gets annoyed when Al Cid steps onto the scene and does the flirting with characters like Fran.  

Enetirnel

ArikaiHart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:24 pm
Damn, there goes that CLAMP/FF conspiracy I was forming. xd

I'd love to see that artwork... xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:38 pm
Ah well. ((Additionally Yuna and Seymour kiss for their wedding, Ashe and Rasler kissed at their wedding twice, Garnet and Zidane kissed if I remember correctly, oh and so did Cloud & Aerith/Tifa/Yuffie... during the play at the Golden Saucer.))

It's actually not hard to find but it is in no way suggesting the AshexBasch pairing as the artist stated it himself, as it is a design of how they all spent their time relaxing out in the Westersand Village near the river.  

Enetirnel

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:44 pm
pesky-yuna
(In X Yuna and Tidus did kiss so did Squall and Rinoa in the Epilogue/Bonus Movie.)

And as for pairings:

Ashe/Rasler (And perhaps Ashe/Vaan as in some scenes they have a similarity to X's Yuna and Tidus scenes.)
Balthier/Fran
Penelo/Vaan
Basch isn't paired up with anyone (even though a certain artwork from the art book has Ashe in a bikini and Basch with a bit less clothing on...) he's still attending his duties of protecting the next in the royal bloodline.

Besides, during the game a person in the Aerodome mentions Balthier doing things that he was known for and Vaan could know when he was older - it's actually hinted that Balthier is a "Ladies Man" as he does sometimes flirt with the female characters but gets annoyed when Al Cid steps onto the scene and does the flirting with characters like Fran.

pesky-yuna
Ah well. ((Additionally Yuna and Seymour kiss for their wedding, Ashe and Rasler kissed at their wedding twice, Garnet and Zidane kissed if I remember correctly, oh and so did Cloud & Aerith/Tifa/Yuffie... during the play at the Golden Saucer.))

It's actually not hard to find but it is in no way suggesting the AshexBasch pairing as the artist stated it himself, as it is a design of how they all spent their time relaxing out in the Westersand Village near the river.

Well, Yuna and Seymour don't count, and neither does the play. As for Ashe and Rasler, yeah, you're right; I was only thinking between main characters. I remember Yuna and Tidus now, but I'm almost positive that Zidane and Dagger don't kiss (then again, I was almost positive before, too). I never thought about Ashe and Basch, but... I don't see it, really.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:06 pm
Why doesn't the Yuna/Seymore kiss count? It's a kiss, it's there... sweatdrop It's a very nasty kiss, but... xd

Ashe/Basch... Just... weird. >_<  

ArikaiHart

Enetirnel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:15 am
Any kiss scene that was scripted/programed and/or designed by Square and not created by tampering with the games themselves is an official kiss scene within the game so the Yuna & Seymour one is an official one but it is not a pairing kiss, it was during the storyline so it does count.

Additionally the play one too follows the same lead as Cloud was not acting even though you could choose additional commands for him, some parts of the play itself were not acted. ((I've been talking with a former EA-Games employee who had a debate with a Square-Enix mate of his about something similar.))

And I my memory is most likely wrong on the Final Fantasy IX ones as I have a horrible memory of it. ((Although weddings in Final Fantasy follow the same rules as those in real life - Quina and Vivi married with the addition of Zidane pretending to be married to Garnet after Quina and Vivi's wedding.))

And honestly Ravenwolf; I agree with you about the Ashellia and Basch pairing as Basch is older than Ashe with the few statements of the artist saying that he was not supporting those types of pairings in anyway, those basic sketches were of basic ideas additionally of how the character's "Unwind" during their free-time. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:46 pm
pesky-yuna
Any kiss scene that was scripted/programed and/or designed by Square and not created by tampering with the games themselves is an official kiss scene within the game so the Yuna & Seymour one is an official one but it is not a pairing kiss, it was during the storyline so it does count.

Additionally the play one too follows the same lead as Cloud was not acting even though you could choose additional commands for him, some parts of the play itself were not acted. ((I've been talking with a former EA-Games employee who had a debate with a Square-Enix mate of his about something similar.))

And I my memory is most likely wrong on the Final Fantasy IX ones as I have a horrible memory of it. ((Although weddings in Final Fantasy follow the same rules as those in real life - Quina and Vivi married with the addition of Zidane pretending to be married to Garnet after Quina and Vivi's wedding.))

And honestly Ravenwolf; I agree with you about the Ashellia and Basch pairing as Basch is older than Ashe with the few statements of the artist saying that he was not supporting those types of pairings in anyway, those basic sketches were of basic ideas additionally of how the character's "Unwind" during their free-time. sweatdrop

Mm, I don't count it unless it was because they liked each other, but I guess that's the difference. I think the debate started with:

Kirei Yosei
You know what I also noticed? There is ALWAYS a love story in a Final Fantasy, but they never kiss, they always hug, embrace, but never kiss.

So for our purposes, I think it has to have a love story involved. It doesn't really matter, though. sweatdrop  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Enetirnel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:36 am
Ravenwolf
pesky-yuna

Mm, I don't count it unless it was because they liked each other, but I guess that's the difference. I think the debate started with:

Kirei Yosei

So for our purposes, I think it has to have a love story involved. It doesn't really matter, though. sweatdrop

Well Seymour was obsessive about Yuna; in some ways the Final Fantasy VII storyline was changed with whatever option you picked so it could be Aerith, Tifa or Yuffie but the most current logical one would be the TifaxCloud pairing at the current time.
But anyway's, I was just stating the fact that they do have kissing scenes within Final Fantasies.  
Questions, Answers, and FAQs

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff