View Results

xDorminx

Invisible Citizen

6,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:12 pm
For me, I'd say I first experienced anime in the form of Voltron! At the time, I was probably around the age of 3 or so, but that's the first time I've watched anime, but wasn't really able to differentiate it with other forms of animation.

About a year or so after that was when I officially realized the difference between American animation vs. Japanese animation ("When people get hurt, they bleed! ...or worse..." twisted ) . The anime that defined this moment was Akira! 3nodding I can vividely remember watching Tetsuo's guts spill out on the ground in one part, and then afterwards I was walking around with my arms wrapped around my abdomen fearing my innards would spill at any given moment as well! xd

Then there was also the stadium part, where Tetsuo can no longer handle himself and begins to mutate into this giant mass of flesh and other random stuff, absorbing just about everything as it grows. It was also during this part that he crushes his girlfriend as well, so basically by the end of the movie I was like eek (yeah, so I was about 4 or 5 when I saw it whee )

Anyways, enough of my rambling, can anyone else remember their first experiences with anime? Please do share! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:41 pm
My first anime was probably sailor moon. sweatdrop Yeah. But back then, I also didn't know the differense between american vs. Japanese animation. I watched dragonball Z and pokemon and other stuff along those lines. Then, when I grew out of those, I didn't watch much of anything animated anymore. Thankfully, a few years ago, some friends introduced me to Naruto, and I've been in love with anime ever since.  

fallen_rayne

xDorminx

Invisible Citizen

6,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:52 pm
fallen_rayne
My first anime was probably sailor moon. sweatdrop Yeah. But back then, I also didn't know the differense between american vs. Japanese animation. I watched dragonball Z and pokemon and other stuff along those lines. Then, when I grew out of those, I didn't watch much of anything animated anymore. Thankfully, a few years ago, some friends introduced me to Naruto, and I've been in love with anime ever since.

I'll be truthful, I used to watch Sailor Moon as well! whee I remember when it used to be on really early in the mornings before it was on Cartoon Network and even then when it did air on CN, I'd come home from school and watch it while doing my homework!

And I remember when DBZ was THE anime, but after a while I came to realize that there was more to anime than just that. xp

Oh, and Pokemon, that's still going long and strong it seems. But it seems a bit more recycled and the list of pokemon seems to keep growing... Leading me to the conclusion that one may never be able to truly "Catch'em All" neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:06 pm
My very first anime was Sailor moon i was obsessed with it sweatdrop and Dragonball then pokemon, cardcaptors, Dragonball Z, Digimon, Inuyasha and all the other animes after XD  

latinafreak

Hydrangia

Obsessive Hunter

33,075 Points
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:52 am
Speed Racer, though it was years before I found out it came from Japan.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:23 pm
My first anime(s) were Speed Racer (aka "Mach Go, Go, Go!") and G-Force (aka "Gatchaman"), back before I knew what anime was. Next one was "Vampire Hunter D", on TBS of all places. I remember wondering what the hell was going on (was still a kid at the time). But, the first anime that I knew was anime was Dragon Ball Z. A good gateway drug. Then Gundam Wing... and then it just snowballed into the geekdom I have today.  

JustPlainJim

xDorminx

Invisible Citizen

6,800 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:35 pm
Yeah, I remember watching Vampire Hunter D on TBS! I believe it was a part of it's "Monster Vision" horror block. Sci-fi channel also had an anime hour a long time ago. Every saturday morning I believe, I certainly looked forward to the weekends back then! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:15 am
Pokémon  

YamiNoAkuma

AnimeAvatar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:54 pm
age 2- SailorMoon, DB, and the first release of Poke'mon in japan

*deprived*

age9/10- Trigun(ALL HAIL), Outlaw Star, and Cowboy Bebop

hooked ever since

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:01 pm
Pokeemon then Sailor Moon  

lamisque

Amytha

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:01 pm
MY frist anime I think was either Dragon ball, Astro boy or Samari pizza cats... I don't know which falls in where sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:21 am
I think mines where probablly Sailor Moon or DBZ.i didnt really know they were Anime at the time tough...  

Gaaraslostfriend

Lil Fang

Chatty Werewolf

8,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:16 pm
My first was Kimba! (the white lion) I still love the theme song for some reason. I was little so sue me.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:39 pm
inuyasha, but nowadays its kind of okay to me, cause someone kinda killed it for me and my friends  

gs_gsd

Bears_ On_ Crack

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:18 pm
I think my first was Sailor Moon or Card Captors.  
34: Anime

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff