Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
* [ + ] the black cross [ + ] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3;
  TFL'D
View Results

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:22 pm
Elizabeth
The world is not as simple as it used to be, the Government had to get used to the idea that monsters were real, and there were things going BUMP in the night. Vampires and Wereanimals, though still held with varying degrees of superstition; were recognized by the Government, Vampires were given some rights. For vampires who killed, there were Bounty Hunters, and government sanctioned Executioners, and while Hospitals would accept shapeshifters, they didn't really know where to start. Besides, it doesn't take much to make the police 'forget' the rules when it comes to us. Not to mention, our kind ******** scares the s**t out of them.

It was always best to seek help with your own kind, which is why when Bast and I moved to this fine city of Philidelphia and Anise took us in; we started this place. For Bast and I, its been a long time since we were able to call someplace home, but maybe there's some hope in this world yet. The Black Cross is home to myself, Bast, Anise and a few others; we are a refuge, a hospital for those who (for good reason), fear going to the authorities or the hospital. We own a building in Philidelphia, those who need a place to stay, need help, or have become part of the family live with us at the center. Its become a pretty eclectic group over the last four years. If you get into a little trouble, I might just see you there.

This is a private roleplay, if you feel you understand the concept, and will be an asset to the roleplay, PM one of us and we will consider you.
If you post in this thread and are not a member of this roleplay, your post will be deleted.

XXX

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:58 pm
Everybody's gonna love today, gonna love today, gonna love today.

[RESERVED]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Any way you want
to, any way you've
got to, love love me.
Love love me.
Love love.

Freak Show Excess

un de plus pamplemousse

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[RESERVED]

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:34 pm
User Image

[RESERVED]

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:37 pm
RESERVED  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:00 pm
Anise De Follet looked lovingly around the Hospital she and two others had, four years ago, given birth to. She really did love this place. Who knew that people could create something that could do so much good for others? Not only did their hospital help the "unusual cases," as they surrepticiously called them, but, if they needed it, the hospital was a home. A sanctuary. Many weres and other supernatural beings already resided within its walls, safe and secure from the outside. They had Bast to thank for that.

Elizabeth and Anise did a lot for the hospital, there was no question, but it was Sebastion who really had kept the hospital in the smooth running order it was and always had been. If it wasn't for him, the two women mightn't be able to handle the stronger weres, or take care of particularly nasty fights that would occasionally break out between young, frustrated weres. They most definitely wouldn't be able to handle the angry, lustful grown werewolf men. They were the most viscious. No, Bast was incredible help to them.

Sometimes Anise felt like what she did was just not enough. Essentially, she was human. She didn't have massive reserves of strength like both Elizabeth and Sebastion had, nor the superior healing abilities Elizabeth seemed to have. However, she was incredibly skilled and knowledgable in medicine and surgery. Her knowledge of the human anatomy was almost unrivaled, and she had a memory like a sieve for medicines. She just sometimes got a bit frustrated that she could only treat the weres in human form, and usually couldn't help vampires at all. However, she did all she could, and kept an optimistic outlook on everything. They all did everything they could for the hospital, and that was all that really mattered--what mattered most-- to her.

un de plus pamplemousse

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:04 pm
Elizabeth had spent the entire night with a young werewolf, she'd had a tramatizing night. The girl, nobody had been able to get a name out of her yet; Bast had been going to give Gabriel a ride home, when she'd run past them in a bloodrage. They could all feel her rawness, it was probably her first month. Maybe she hadn't even come to the realization yet. Many were's especially those who didn't find out till they changed tried to deny what had happened. The girl had passed out after Bast forced her to change back, though Elizabeth stayed with her through the night since her sleep had been so restless.

She'd always had an empathy for those new to their beast, it was such a hard thing to come to terms with. Elizabeth was devoted to the hospital, and their family. It had taken her and her brother a long time to find a real place for themselves, but this hospital felt like home. She enjoyed helping people, and their kind was deeply in need of some kindness. Elizabeth had found a real friend in Anise, Bast always watching over them all. She knew that this place meant a lot to Anise and herself but they never could have done it without eachother.

Finally as she noticed the sun rising beyond the curtains, Elizabeth carefully climbed out of bed with the young girl, tucking her back in and heading upstairs. She spent almost all of her time inside the hospital now, the demand for their services was almost more than they could handle. Heading for the kitchen, she found Anise sitting at the small table. There was a larger table, in the ajoining room; they'd had to get one as their family got larger. She walked barefoot across the white tile floor and poured herself a cup of coffee, sipping it straight. Turning around, she leaned against the counter behind her, nodding softly at Anise, "Morning, did you sleep well?"

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:00 pm
"Morning, did you sleep well?"

Anise started, jolted out of her reverie by Elizabeth's question. "You startled me there," she laughed. "I was a little worried about you and the girl, but I slept fine. How did things go?" She looked into Elizabeth's face for the answer. She knew that handling the new weres was more than a handful, but she also knew that Elizabeth could handle it. "I assume they went well, 'cause you're down here so early." She smiled and walked to the coffe and poured herself a cup as well, taking a delicate sip. Wrinkling her nose, she added some creamer. She went back to her seat at the table, taking another sip of her coffee, now drinkable. "So did Bast end up taking Gabriel home last night, or did they end up staying as well? I never did go and check on that. I could feel Gabe's unease with the new girl, though. Vampires and weres never really do get along well at first."

She smirked, remembering one of Gabriel's first nights here at the hospital. Elizabeth and Bast had welcomed him with open arms, of course, but he'd been so on edge that they were weres that he'd almost refused help from them. It had been Anise who had to show him that Elizabeth and Bast were the farthest from harming him that anything could be. He'd soon come to learn to trust them, even depend on them, and he had almost become one of their family. However, he still resided within the safety the city's coven house.

un de plus pamplemousse

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:30 pm

"I was a little worried about you and the girl, but I slept fine. How did things go?"

She shook her head slowly at the first question, "I just couldn't leave her, I don't know exactly the nightmares she was battling, but I can guess. She calmed down almost two hours ago, I don't think she'll wake up for another three or four." She scratched her head, listening to Anise talk, yawning and walking over to the table. She took a seat, and didn't even blink at Anise's question, she could feel Bast and the rest of the pard inside the hospital like a warmth. "Gabriel must have gone home, I don't feel him, but Bast is here. I don't blame Gabriel much, it can get pretty bad when we get out of control." Idely, she started combing her fingers through her thick hair.

Elizabeth knew how much they relied on Bast, none of them would be here if it wasn't for him. He probably wouldn't wake up for another couple of hours though. Somedays more than others she was reminded how much they needed someone else they could depend on, as much as they did him. She wished she had that strength, but she had limitations those of her brother's caliber, did not. If he could find a worthy partner, his strength with the pard would be sealed. She shook her head, glancing at Anise, "You'll stay away from this new girl for awhile for me, yes? You know how the young ones are, they can't control themselves, I don't want anything to happen if someone isn't around."

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:32 pm
The sun was just dipping below the horizon line when Lily stepped out onto the cool sidewalk lining Benjamin Franklin Parkway. She loved this area of the city, as it was the historical heart of Philly. The architecture of the old buildings and the many pubs and museums always brought her back to the days of her youth. It was also convenient for her to pick such a historical place to haunt, as she could go around wearing her favourites of her extravagent dress collection without causing too much of a stir; people tended to think she'd just got off a shift at a reinactment museum or the like. She smiled and looked over at Gabriel, who was accompanying her that evening. Their friendship went way back, as Gabriel was the first vampire to accept her after her master had died. They had a deep and abiding respect for each other, and she enjoyed spending time with him over anyone else.

"Beautiful night, isn't it, Gabe?" She asked him, watching people walking up and down the street around her, easily picking out tourists and newcomers. "Where should we go tonight? I'm sick of our regular pub. It's always the same old drunkards. Let's pick some place exciting." She whined at him, playfully putting her arm around his waist. They both knew that she'd always wished he was attracted to females, and she knew full well that he never would be, but she enjoyed playing the game anyways.

Freak Show Excess

un de plus pamplemousse

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:44 pm
"I just couldn't leave her, I don't know exactly the nightmares she was battling, but I can guess. She calmed down almost two hours ago, I don't think she'll wake up for another three or four." Anise winced at that. "You shouldn't be up still, then, silly," she mumbled with a bit of a grin. "Gabriel must have gone home, I don't feel him, but Bast is here. I don't blame Gabriel much, it can get pretty bad when we get out of control."

She kept listening to what Elizabeth had to say, watching as she absently started combing her fingers through her hair. She always felt a little worried that, being essentially human, she couldn't feel the others around the hospital, but she had mostly gotten over it long ago. She had figured Gabe would've gone back to the coven. She didn't worry about him.

"You'll stay away from this new girl for awhile for me, yes? You know how the young ones are, they can't control themselves, I don't want anything to happen if someone isn't around."

She smiled, warmed by the fact that Elizabeth was worried for her. "Of course I will. I figured she'd still be a little on edge, and anyway, I think I'll be organising and checking the inventory today. I want to make sure we're fully stocked with things. After last night, I forgot just how long it's been since I'd checked that." She swirled the coffee in her mug, frowning at herself for being absent-minded about something like that. "You really should go and get some rest, though, Elizabeth. You're probably dead tired, huh? I know I could never do what you did last night. Go ahead; I'll keep an eye on things. If things get too crazy, I'll come and get you."

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:06 am
Gabriel took in the scenery of night-time Philadelphia. He loved this particular haunt of theirs, for it was one of the more beautiful walks with its tree-lined streets, and there was never a huge crowd of people around at this time of night. He enjoyed the easy rapport he shared with Lily, the member of the coven he had known the longest. He couldn't just simply walk the streets and boulevards of Philadelphia with any of the othe coven members; they were too high-strung for the kill. He figured that, being older, he and Lily could hold off longer than they.

"Beautiful night, isn't it, Gabe?"

He looked over at Lily, smiling at her wistfulness. She always had enjoyed the balmy, clear, starry-skied nights the most. Not that he blamed her; these nights reminded him of the long-ago memories of blue skies and white, puffy clouds, memories that only came back to him in dreams.

"Where should we go tonight? I'm sick of our regular pub. It's always the same old drunkards. Let's pick some place exciting."

He laughed at her petulant tone, encircling her with his arms as she wrapped hers around his waist. She fit easily into his arms; it was almost a pity he felt nothing but a strong bond of friendship for her. "Hmm. I feel the same way, my darling. Let's keep walking; maybe something will catch our eye." He kept one of his arms around her shoulders as they walked down the parkway, then turned them down 23rd street, seeing a sign for Rembrandt's Pub. He stopped, looking at the restaurant and gauging the type of patrons that frequented the place. It seemed to be a fairly equal mix of tourists and natives, and it had quite a charming Victorian motif. He nodded towards the restaurant with a questioning look. "How's this one?"

un de plus pamplemousse

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:13 am
"You really should go and get some rest, though, Elizabeth. You're probably dead tired, huh? I know I could never do what you did last night. Go ahead; I'll keep an eye on things. If things get too crazy, I'll come and get you."

She sighed, shrugging a little when Anise asked her if she was tired, though she knew Anise would insist, the swan always worried about everyone. She was tired, but she could stand being up a little longer. She didn't want to risk the girl waking up when she wasn't around. "I slept a little next to her, but, I didn't get much sleep. Maybe I'll try to wake up Bast on my way in there."

She sipped her coffee slowly, seeing how much Anise worried. She tucked her dark hair behind her ear, still combing through it lazily, "Are we dangerously low on anything? I think we need to run to the grocery store again, the boys are animals when it comes to eatting." She grinned lightly. Shifting her weight in her seat, Elizabeth leaned over the table to check the fruit bowl, picking up a banana and peeling it. Breaking off a piece, she offered some to Anise, then pulled off a bite for herself. She took another sip of her coffee, "I just want to be around when that girl wakes up, she's going to be pretty disoriented."

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:25 am
"I slept a little next to her, but, I didn't get much sleep." Anise shot her a dubious look at that, but didn't say anything. She knew that Elizabeth would try and coax as much of the day out of those meagre hours she had "slept" as she could. She finished the rest of her coffee as Elizabeth went on. "Maybe I'll try to wake up Bast on my way in there. Are we dangerously low on anything? I think we need to run to the grocery store again, the boys are animals when it comes to eating."

She snorted outright at the pun and began musing, taking the half of banana Elizabeth had offered. "Hmm. I'm not exactly sure; probably anything meat-wise," she replied, a glimmer of amusement in her eyes. "I think we're running low on milk and bread, but nothing dangerous, I don't think. But making a grocery run wouldn't hurt, I guess. Maybe we can do that later today, or tomorrow? I'll get a list going." She had already begun to tick things off in her head that they surely didn't need, and things she would have to check for.

"I just want to be around when that girl wakes up, she's going to be pretty disoriented."

"Ahh, oh yeah. That would probably be a good idea. She might not enjoy having me in the room, if she happens to wake up, even if she IS in human form." She pursed her lips. "Well, I guess you're gonna have to stay up a little longer. But once the girl's up, you'll have to try and get her to like me." She smirked, knowing that that could either go very well, or very bad.

un de plus pamplemousse

Freak Show Excess

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:27 am
Lily smiled and leant against him as they walked. When Gabriel stopped in front of a decent-looking pub, she sized it up. "Hm... I suppose this one'll work. It looks like it's decent enough." She said and entered the pub. Inside it was rather old fashioned - quite to her liking. She found them a table near a painting of a park and sat down in one of the elegantly tooled wooden chairs. "Hmm it's so adorable in here. Nice choice." She smiled and watched people playing billiards near the back of the room.

When a waiter showed up, she asked to see the wine menu. She ordered a bottle of a vintage red imported from France. Taking a dainty sip from her glass, she smiled, enjoying it's rich flavour. "Mmmm... Wow. Do I have good taste?" She giggled, knowing that Gabriel had a weak spot for full-bodied reds. Glancing around once again at the patrons of the establishment, she said offhandedly, "hm, seems to be quite a good-looking crowd tonight, eh, Gabe?"

RP Retreat

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff