Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply HPSG Head Quarters
'Cause that's the normal reaction... Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If this is in the wrong forum
  feel free to move it, and sorry.
View Results

External Penetration
Crew

Greedy Codger

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:19 am
So I was looking through this page full of HP slash stories and that's fine and dandy.

My reaction to one of the fics warnings was a little...off.

So it was some post-war fic and in the warning it was like "slash, rape, beastiality (or however you spell that), incest, violence, ..." and it just kept going on with a few other things and I was just like "Meh, whatever."

Then in one of the final warnings said "het."
My reaction was this "*disgusted noise* gonk "

Now that's kinda making me wonder just how strong of a grip slash actually has on me.
(Especially when they try to throw a girl at one of my boys. talk2hand )

Anyone else had moments like this?

Not that I'm too worried because slash is so worth it...

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:30 am
::Nice xD
Yeah, that's happened to me.
I'd be skimming through all these fics going 'Bibleslash, twincest, rape, Mpreg(ew), character death, beastality, het-OH NASTY!'
Yeah...my friends are worried about my sanity. I'm worried about what I'll do if I find a database of pretty Harry/Draco or Remus/Sirius. I may never leave my room again.
You find it starts invading your life, too...Now whenever I see a movie or TV show, I automatically pair up whatever hot guys I can. And then cry if I can't find fics for them online.::

Yaoi_cutie

External Penetration
Crew

Greedy Codger

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:51 am
Yaoi_cutie

You find it starts invading your life, too...Now whenever I see a movie or TV show, I automatically pair up whatever hot guys I can. And then cry if I can't find fics for them online.::

You are just like me. xD

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:20 am
*laughs* I've done that.

"Tentacle Rape, Rape, Violence, Drugs, Alcohol, Incest, Twincest, Beast, Mpreg, Death, Necrophilia, Slash, Violence, and Het" And me..."Well I'm sure it'd be a great story if they didn't have het." xp

So terrible.

Sirius Black-Snuffles
Captain

7,650 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Voter 100
  • Wall Street 200

Androgynous Dusk

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:51 pm
Well, I've actually done that many timeas, but I think I've finally done it. A few minutes ago, 15 I believe, I was reading a little bit of PoA and discovered something that both horrified and entertained me; I can't read the canon story anymore. I couldn't even stand to look at small bits of it. I found it truly hilarious....don't ask me why i'm typing with proper grammar, I don't know either.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:04 pm
Honestly?
The amount of times that has happened to me is innumerable.
I think, for those in the slash fanbase upon which we have so conveniently built part of our culture, this reaction is a little... unorthodox? Yes. But wrong? Never.
Sometimes, we become just so accustomed to the slash in front of us, we forget that heterosexuals acctually exist.
My advice?
Go read a het fic or two, or watch a het anime or something. Get yourself back into the real world, then go back to slashy-fics.

(Omg liek, btw: im teh new mod yo. PH33R MAH PWOERZ. Or, ya know... Not. <3)

` Nonagon

Androgynous Dusk

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:12 pm
` Nonagon
Honestly?
The amount of times that has happened to me is innumerable.
I think, for those in the slash fanbase upon which we have so conveniently built part of our culture, this reaction is a little... unorthodox? Yes. But wrong? Never.
Sometimes, we become just so accustomed to the slash in front of us, we forget that heterosexuals acctually exist.
My advice?
Go read a het fic or two, or watch a het anime or something. Get yourself back into the real world, then go back to slashy-fics.

I actually like Ron/Hermione. It's very beneficial because 1:It's cute when you find the right stuff and 2:It actually does help keep me ground.

(OMG! I haven't seen you in forever 'Nonagon! It's Ookami! The FMA Yaoi guild captain!)  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:07 pm
ROFLMAO!!!! Oh, I do that all the time! My family seriously worries about my sanity! We'll be sitting in the family room, watching a movie that's chalk full of steamy hot Het sex scenes, when there I am, cringing, yawning, glancing at my watch, wondering when the hot lead guy will be in another scene with that cute latino number in the speedo.

It's the same with fan fics. I just can't stand most of the female characters in a lot of fandoms, and most of the times, I think that the lead guy(s) could do a whole lot better with each other. Kind of like Pirates of the Caribbean, with Elizabeth the Rum Burner. Jack and Will would have been SOOO better together than Will and Elizabeth (though I do have to admit that she redeemed herself in the third movie).

Really, the only female characters from Harry Potter I can stand are Ginny and Luna. Hermoine's a bossy know-it-all who doesn't know when to keep her nose out of other people's business, and all the other females are just *shudder*. I can stand to have het pairings with Ginny and Luna with one of the hottie guys, but anything else makes me want to cringe and gouge my eyes out.  

Raven of Silent Death

External Penetration
Crew

Greedy Codger

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:01 am
` Nonagon

I should read a het fic, but the only one I can think of was also slash and I can never find anymore.

(omgliekmi2lawlz)

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:11 pm
Believe me when I say that I virtually regurgitate whenever they throw in a "Het" of "Bi" warning. Specially if it's with one of my favorite pairings. I start thinking "OMGWTF?! What if it's that redheaded, freckled little bimbo trying to lay her grimy paws on Harry?!" or "OMFHN! I know it's that pug-faced b**** Parkinson!!!" Then I start visualizing what they would look like (unintentionally, of course) together and it makes me want to cry. Actually, I have cried from those thoughts. My mum just stared at me for a while.

Uke Incognito

Ex-Professor Remus Lupin

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:23 pm
Yeah, that'd be me as well. Sad.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:15 pm
...I thought I was the only one. I don't really read stuff with het anymore; It just doesn't appeal to me as much as slash does.  

Froggyfrogfrog

Androgynous Dusk

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:01 am
Froggyfrogfrog
...I thought I was the only one. I don't really read stuff with het anymore; It just doesn't appeal to me as much as slash does.

That's how I feel about it too! I just Ron/Hermione still.(I can thank this cute doujinshi for that)  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Boy am I releived to find that I'm not the only one. I have trouble with the canon Harry Potter books now. I honestly keep expected for Harry or Draco to start snogging the life out of eachother during one of their fights. 3nodding Any ways, the only canon pair I can stand is Ron/Hermione. All of the other main/ slightly minor characters belong to eachother.  

deathslittleyinyang

Ritzy_freak

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:32 pm
Don't feel bad, everyone has their limits.  
HPSG Head Quarters

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff