Love Volim

Devout Senshi

8,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:21 pm
How to spot a Cyber Pervert!

This is how to find out is that guy your chatting to is really 17, or 34.
Or how to find out is that guy who says hes 24 and dateing is really looking to find and rape you.

~How I know what I do.
I've talked to many, many guys over gaia and MSN. I've done alot of "bad" things. I've made alot of true friends, and met alot of F-toys.

There was this one guy, he was looking for a girl to cam with, he seemed nice, so I added him to me MSN. We become qucik friends, he used many things like; "giggle" "tee hee" "*kisses*" "your cute!" "Wanna try..." ect.

He sent me a pic of himself, he was okay, but he seemed REALLY hot at the time. His black leather goved hand was over his chin, covering some of his face, it was a great picture!

We Cammed and his was reallly blurry, mine is 7 years old, and its works fine. I didnt even think to ask what was wrong with his crappy web cam.

We talked for afew weeks. We cammed, we did many "bad" things and we had fun doing it. I was latter grounded off the computer for 30 days. When I got back we started talking again. This time he told me he was 19 not 18. I didnt think anything of it. We did what we always did, talk about manga, games, pokemon and act like regular teenages.

My mom found out about him. She searched him up, she read everything he said, she did it all.

He is really about 32. And hes still out there, looking for his next 15year old girl to talk to.

Its sick when a man as sexual thoughs about someone half there age.

Spot the Signs!

Can you spot the signs?
If there picture is covreing up the lower half of there face, even just alittle. (its like that to cover unwanted face hair that would make them look older then they say they are)
If there wed cam is burred and you can't see them in detail.
If they ever change the facts about themselfs.
If they say they are fine with dateing some 3 years or yonger then they say they are.
If the have ove 75% of there friend list filled with girls.
If they say they may come see you.

donutguy
When they send unwanted pix to you and you don't even know them.

Synthetic Asian
I think the whole child predators on myspace things is due to the stupidity of the people who are preyed upon. If they put their address or cell phone numbers up or have pictures of well known places in their cities are stupid. And those myspace whores that are like "I'm horny 24/7 baby! Let's webcam together!" deserve it, well no they don't deserve it, but it's their own fault. I think you should be careful on the internet but if you clamp yourself in a shell trying to hide from everyone, you lose the fun of things.
Here's some advice:
Watch what are in your pictures. Well known places can tell someone where you live as easily as they would find out from talking to you.

And btw, it's really smart of you to bring you parents to that meeting with that person you met online. Go you for using your brain!

I'm not saying
No all guys are like him. I've met life time friends over gaia. I'm meeting a guy in afew weeks, I've been talking to him for 9+ months and I'm bringing my parents. There are tons of guys out there for you on gaia, this is to help you stop the sick ones from the real ones.

If you have any question, comments or you spot any gammar errors please post or PM me. ^,^ Thank you very much for sickieing this! I hope this can help someone, even one person.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:09 pm
... I'm guessing someone could REALLY benefit from this some day...<3 great topic  

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100

CrimsonxXxSolace

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:54 pm
OMG! That is soo freaky....I'm like afraid of might doing that...so I don't chat with anyone outside of gaia....like if i chat with them...it would be like I know them from Rping with them...but i would never chat with them outside of gaia...I'm very....hmm..what's that word...cautious about doing that stuff. And I'm glad your ma found out and figured it out for you.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:20 am
That's why I don't chat online, well in IM chat rooms anyways. Plus I stopped adding people I didn't know on myspace for the same reason. I was always afraid that it would be someone just out to get me or something. You never know because you always hear about sexual predators online and it makes you wonder who you are really talking to.  

Redwing~Shadow

donutguy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:36 pm
When they send unwanted pix to you and you don't even know them.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:50 pm
Oh my gosh! o.o
So freaky!  

Kiwi`Chan

Professor Inky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:02 pm
I think the whole child predators on myspace things is due to the stupidity of the people who are preyed upon. If they put their address or cell phone numbers up or have pictures of well known places in their cities are stupid. And those myspace whores that are like "I'm horny 24/7 baby! Let's webcam together!" deserve it, well no they don't deserve it, but it's their own fault. I think you should be careful on the internet but if you clamp yourself in a shell trying to hide from everyone, you lose the fun of things.
Here's some advice:
Watch what are in your pictures. Well known places can tell someone where you live as easily as they would find out from talking to you.

And btw, it's really smart of you to bring you parents to that meeting with that person you met online. Go you for using your brain!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:01 pm
I agree completely with some of those things. BUT Some ppl really are ok with dating somebody say 3yrs younger than themselves (like myself). I think there are better ways to find out about somebody, as somebody suggested you could do a people-search (I tend to do those) A couple of your points are a bit vague. Also I would like to put it the open that I am 16. look me up if you need to or whatever but if you want my name I need yours.  

The Golden Pheonix

gothic-leo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:42 am
But dont think guys just do it!
there has bin some cases that it has bin the other way around. Even though the mass amout of them are male, it would be bad to rule out that females can do it to.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:49 am
Thanks for the tips. This reminds me of my friends and her internet boyfriend. He was 3 years olded than her and he lived in a different state, but he turned out to be the real deal. Proving that not all guys out there are bad, but you still have to be careful.  

Death Note XPD154

elena_lily

6,850 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:44 pm
Well, usually a "cyber perv" will talk with a bunch of " wink " and saying "baby" a lot. I've come across one in my time and that's basically how it was. But me and my mom hav a good relationship so she blocked him for me ^_^. I have a hard time blocking people lol.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:10 am
Thanx thats very helpful  

PlAsTiCKandy

K1T3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:49 am
has ayone evr heard of using the restricted calling? u know b4 u dial the persons number use *67 b4 it. if that person gives u their number. u only call them using a blocked number. so they can't trick you. i sometimes use the restricted number for the reason of pranks from like strangers. or other crap. so ya this cud help if u ever wanna talk to people outside of gaia.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:34 pm
Yeah I had a friend like that guy. I didn't even think that he was perve, but then I started watching How to Catch an Online Predator and it freaked me out. I cut it short and I deleted him from my gaia list. I only add friends that I know in real life, except for Askeptykal but he's cool and I know he would never be a perve.  

XxXChibiyukiXxX

men getting pregnant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:50 pm
Dude.... Thats freaky. I'm soooo uptight about my personal information on the internet now, i'm scared to say that i'm a girl. Seriously, al those shows about cyberfreaks freaked me so much...  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff