View Results

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:25 pm
The Weyr Rim, mostly just referred to as the Rim, is where the wings form up before Threadfall. A watchdragon is normally situated here, next to the Star Stones and Finger Rock, so it is strongly suggested for your dragon to announce his color, name, and rider before landing if he/she is not a regular dragonrider pair of Ieirne.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:52 pm
D'ran lounged confortably against bronze Voliath's foreleg, enjoying the sun on his face. It was so confortable to do absolutely nothing. Voliath rumbled deep in his chest with total agreement. They had been maneuvering all morning, and had finally managed to grab some hot meatrolls from the kitchen and escape up to the Rim. The watch pair, a blue and his rider, had been all to eager to give up their position when D'ran came to relieve them. Now that he was a wingleader, D'ran and Voliath could have easily gotten out of watch duty, but they liked that duty. It had been a time for them to be alone, secluded in their peaceful quiet, that the pair was reluctant to relinquish. So there they sat, enjoying the salty sea breeze that cooled their sun-warmed hides.

"This is what life is about, my friend," D'ran remarked to his dragon.

It is nice. But this is not what life is about. Our lives are to be dedicated to ridding Pern of the Threads.

D'ran heard the dragon's mental voice harden and anger at the mere mention of the ancient menace.

"That's in the future," he said. "Right now, we can relax."

I know you don't mean that. I am occupied with you and Wreth, while you must contend with her rider and brown Garinth's rider.

D'ran grimaced at his dragon's words. He had been trying to forget that aspect, and he had been succeeding, too. He was well aware of the attachment that Kes had to F'lin, though he was only a brown rider, and he knew that she cared deeply for the other man, and he for her. He felt very confused, because he liked Kes very much, now that he had gotten to know her. He'd hardly met her before the flight, and he felt bad for that. But he could only image the brown rider's feelings, both towards him and towards Kes.

D'ran sighed deeply, frustrated that his earlier calm was now gone.

Sorry.

"It's not your fault, love," he said, and he meant it. He had been hiding from his own problems. "I just wish things weren't so complicated."

That, he thought wryly, was a major understatement.  

Silverspun_lining

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:53 pm
G'ber and Micath emerged from the deathly cold of between over the rim. They had just come from a Search in the North, with nothing at all to show for it. Micath had not been polite and refused to give allowances that any of the youngesters had any potential as dragonriders. Though the brown and his rider had visited Southern Boll and Nerat Holds, and all the surrounding cotholds, not a single boy or girl had been found acceptable. So as they circled in the warm air, G'ber directed his brown to land next to the larger bronze. Micath backwinged and landed delicately on his hind legs, gently lowering to his forelegs and crouching so that his rider could dismount.

"Greetings, bronze rider," G'ber said, hailing the other rider as he removed his cap and gloves, opening his wherhide riding jacket against Ieirne's heat. "I seem to remember that 'twas your bronze that flew young Wreth. What's a wingleader like you doing on watch duty?"

Hello, Voliath. How are you and your rider this afternoon? He seems pensive. That last sentiment was actually G'ber's, but Micath had a habit, after their many Turns together, of taking his rider's observations, and vice versa. The two had a good partnership.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:38 pm
D'ran looked up as the older brown and his rider emerged in the sky. He and Voliath watched as the pair descended. They were from Ierne, that much was obvious. D'ran was a little taken aback by the brown rider's statement, then smiled proudly, but not arrogantly. An experienced rider like him would of course be aware of Wreth's flight; well, everyone in the Weyr knew, but still. D'ran just hadn't expected it to be thrown at him so casually. Voliath chuckled smugly, curling about his rider to touch noses with the smaller brown.

"Greetings, brown rider," he said in response, at the same time checking with Voliath for the man's name and that of his dragon, receiving the information in time to continue smoothly. "I may be a wingleader, G'ber, but I never ask anyone to do a duty that I would not perform myself. Besides, so few riders come here from other Weyrs these days that it's a good time to think things over."

Good afternoon, Micath. We are well, but you are well. Mine worries about his standing with Wreth's rider; he knows of her previous attachment to Garinth's rider. I do not see a problem, but he does. Voliath shifted his position so that he was settled more comfortably. From his position he could see inside the Weyr or outside it, at the beach and the ocean, but at the moment his gaze was fixed on the brown dragon and the two riders.  

Silverspun_lining

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:43 pm
Micath touched noses with Voliath gladly, not put off at all by the younger dragon's larger size.

"Well said, D'ran," G'ber chuckled. "Perhaps uninterrupted thought is the best thing right now. Everyone's ecstatic that such a fine bronze flew Wreth, but I don't recall seeing you and young Kes in each other's company as much as I thought I would. Pardon my asking, but you aren't avoiding her, are you?"

G'ber wasn't trying to pry, but he felt that he deserved an answer. After all, he was M'gor 's wingsecond, and therefore needed to be informed about the Weyr. If D'ran was stressed about Kes, that was a bad thing. Bronze riders affected the Weyr, especially when a bronze flew a queen. D'ran normally wasn't so unsure of himself, and G'ber was worried about how his attitude would his dragon, who would affect Wreth, who would affect Kes, and so on until the entire Weyr was out of sorts.

Micath did not return Voliath's gaze; instead, he looked out to the ocean where dolphins, the once-legendary shipfish, cavorted in deeper water.

I would not worry so much. Many people become stressed unneccessarily. Riders need their dragons to provide stability and comfort. Mine is speaking of this to yours. He will help things along.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:16 pm
((Hey, would you two mind if Kes and Wreth joined you? the gold needs to hunt and stretch from minding her eggs. Also, D'ran and Voliath are allowed on the hatching sands with Wreth. ))  

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:11 pm
((Of course we wouldn't mind. ^_^ Please join us.))  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:02 pm
((Come and be welcome. There's always room for more here. I just thought this thread seemed a little empty.))

D'ran's face, normally very open since he was a good-natured fellow, stilled.

"I'm not avioding her, exactly," he said, not sure how to put it into words but trying anyway. "I'm just not sure how she feels...about me. I don't want to push her away, but I don't want to make her feel obligated to spending time with me. It's not exactly a secret that she had feelings for someone else, before the flight. The dragons all know, so if the riders pay attention, they'd know as well. Voliath's been trying to convince me not to worry, but I just don't know anymore. I need to talk to her, I know."

D'ran knew where the other rider's thoughts were taking him. Shards, he'd thought of it all before. He'd been so caught up during the flight that he hadn't had any sense about him for days afterward, but when he finally realized the implications about this particular flight, he'd been uncertain. He'd heard of Kes's attachment to the brownrider F'lin, and he's fretted for the longest time what Kes's and F'lin's attitudes towards him would be.

Thank you, Micath. I will try not to worry, but it is not easy. I hope that D'ran finds a way to stop fretting so much; it is bad for all of us.  

Silverspun_lining

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:22 pm
((Yay! Glad to see there's still life in the weyr. That reminds me, you two, how often are you online? And how much do you like Dragonriders of Pern? I don't remember if I've asked either of you about my weyr yet.))

An elated trill of laughter followed by a jubulant roar filled the air above the rider's heads as Wreth popped out from between with Kes on her back. The Junior Weyrwoman had a wide grin on her face and from the green whirling in Wreth, the gold was in an equally good mood.

Kes caught sight of the riders below and gave a polite greeting to each of their dragons. It had been a while since she'd used her ability to talk to the dragons and she was elated to do so again. 'Micath! Voliath! Good day both of you. Ask your rider's if they'd mind mine and Wreth's company. We've been hunting and Wreth would like to socailize and I need to speak with D'ran.'

Another roar from Wreth signaled the gold's arrival and she twirled and dove through the air. It was the first time she'd been away from her eggs since she'd lain them and she was enjoying the freedom of being back in the air again. Hello both of you, and you Yours. Voliath, why is Yours avoiding Mine? She doesn't like it. As for you, have you seen our littles yet? Aren't our eggs just wonderful?

The gold circled in the air once more before landing with a large splash in the nearby water.

A resounding yelp was heard from Kes as the goldrider began swimming to shore. The soaked young woman made it to shore and smiled at the two riders already there. "She really wanted to go for a swim, and she asks that Voliath please join her." She stood and began wringing her tunic out before settling her eyes on D'ran. "You and I really need to talk."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:55 pm
((I'm on about once a week. Sorry I can't post just yet; I'm getting kicked off the computer.))  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Silverspun_lining

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:45 pm
((Not on too often--maybe a few times a week...when I'm not sick xp ; the Dragonriders of Pern is my favorite book series ever.))

D'ran looked up as the gold emerged from between. His initial surprise was replaced with delight that she had sought him out, then chagrine that she had had to. Voliath, however, had no such restrictions. He lifted his head and let out a welcoming bugle.

Hello, Wreth. I apologize for my rider's avoidance of yours. He is uncomfortable. He had heard whispers of your rider and a brown rider from before your flight. I am sorry. No, I haven't seen them. I have stayed near my D'ran, to keep him company, and he has avoided our little ones. Though just the thought of them lifts my spirits.

D'ran and Voliath both watched with unconciously possessive admiration as Wreth landed. Voliath dipped his head in acknowledgement of Kes's offer before leaping into the air and plunging into the water, sending up a wave that lapped at the riders' legs. D'ran turned to Kes solemnly.

"Yes, I know," he said. "G'ber, would you mind taking the watch while we talk?"  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:50 pm
G'ber smiled cheerfully at the two younger riders.

"Of course not," he said. "Have a nice chat."

He gave D'ran a meaningful look out of Kes's sight, hopped on his dragon's back, and the two glided to a high outcropping of rock that was reserved for the dragon and rider on watch. He sincerely hoped that D'ran would manage to patch things up with Kes. After the eggs hatched and Wreth rose to mate again, it wouldn't matter, but for the present, the two needed to be on the same page.  

Cherished Strawberries
Vice Captain

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:19 pm
Kes watched with a half smile as the brownrider and his dragon departed to take over watch duty. "It was nice seeing both of you G'ber, Micath, I hope we get to speak a little bit later." It was obvious to her that the pair had been talking, likely about she and Wreth. This didn't really bother the young woman, it just made her hope that G'ber had been able to talk to some sense into her wayward companion. The Junior Weyrwoman figured that maybed D'ran disliked her and that was why he avoided her so carefully. She couldn't imagine why he would though unless he'd known her before she Impressed to Wreth which he hadn't. So why? Maybe it had to do with F'lin who still wasn't speaking to her either. That bothered her a lot too. She sighed to herself and couldn't help the thought that creeped into her troubled mind. 'Why is it that everytime I like a guy and things get to personal, they up and disappear on me? With Wreth gaurding her eggs all alone and me learning the ropes as Junior Weyrwoman I could really use some help. But no, the only two people in the entirety of the weyr that could help me don't seem to want to. What's a girl to do?'

Wreth crooned with delight when her bronze mate joined her in the water. I am glad you joined me Voliath; even if you haven't yet taken the time to see our little ones. I do understand that Ours must come first. As for the problem Yours is having, tell him if he wishes to win her for himself, now is the time to do so. Garinth and his rider haven't really spoken to us in a while and when one of them does, it is because I start the conversation. My Kes is unhappy and feels like she's doing something wrong to make them dislike her. Her thoughts are troubled and she would very much like Yours to take the time to speak with her. I would like that as well. Since I rose before my sister Tarith, Mine is now Junior Weyrwoman. She has learned much from Lina and M'gor as I have learned from Mith and Cadeth. Still, having someone other than them tell her she's doing a good job would make her feel like she isn't completely usless. The young gold sighed and nuzzled against Voliath's muzzle as if for comfort. I worry for her Voliath. Our little ones take up much of my time and Kes is having problems I cannot help her with. Tell me, is all the trouble to do with F'lin and Garinth? Truely is it? Or is there something else I should know, for I must tell Kes something, and soon.

Kes turned and watched Wreth and Voliath interact for a long moment before turning her pale eyes back on D'ran. Blunt and to the point as always, the young goldrider asked the question that had been haunting her since Voliath caught Wreth during the gold's first mating flight. "D'ran, I know we didn't really know each other before Wreth's flight, but I did try to get to know you afterwards. Wreth chose your Voliath for a reason, not just because he was the fastest, most cunning bronze in the air that day. She chose him because she saw something in you that could be great. I agreed with her once I started getting to know you. I know you're a good person; your honest and fair and open-minded. So why is that you've been working so hard to avoid me, so much so that neither you nor Voliath has even seen Wreth's eggs. She's so proud of them, and I'm proud of her. We should be in this together, you and I, and instead it feels like we're on opposite sides of some stupid battle ground getting ready to face off." The young woman pushed her hair away from her face before taking a deep breath to try and calm herself. She had to blink hard twice to keep her emotions from getting the better of her. 'I'm better than this, I won't cry because of them, I won't!' Finally she rubbed her arm across her face to make her eyes stop burning and after another steadying breath, calmed down.

She was the Junior Weyrwoman, others in the weyr relied on her for guidence, so she couldn't afford to be this weak. She just hoped the bronzerider in front of her thought she was just still dripping from falling into the lake instead of what she actually almost did; cry in front of someone who might just care less. Taking another steadying breath, the young goldrider continued to speak in a calm, though slightly unsteady voice. "If this is about F'lin and my previous attachment to him, then avoiding Wreth and I was uneccisary because he hasn't spoken to me in a while either." She sighed. "I'm not angry at you over this D'ran, or and F'lin, I just want to know what's going on and where we, you and I, stand. With Wreth eggs due to hatch at any time, we need to be on the same page so we present a united front to the weyr. I know you were made a Wingleader because of Voliath catching my Wreth, but I was made Junior Weyrwoman and that means I was given all sorts of responsiblities. I thought that you'd be able to help me with some of those responsiblities, was I wrong? If I was, I'm sorry we bothered you while you were I watch duty." She pushed at her hair again and said one last thing to the bronzerider in front of her. "D'ran I like you, I like you alot. Your and Voliath have been nothing but kind to Wreth and I during this whole thing even though I'm so new at everything. I'd like for us to get along, I really would." Finally she settled her steady gaze on D'ran with a serious expression in her eyes. "So what I need to know from you is, what is it you think about all of this? Because I know it can't have been any easier for you than it has been for me."

Still floating in the water, Wreth crooned anxiously at the play of emotions coming from her chosen one. Kes was a strong person, mind and soul, but she had a gentle heart and the recent events were taking a toll on her. She hoped D'ran didn't hurt Kes in this. I am with you always, My Own.

Kes smiled faintly at the gold's words but her eyes never wavered from the man in front of her. It was his opinion she wanted now, and she'd wait for it as long as it took.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:35 pm
Throughout Kes's speech, all D'ran could do was stand there, his eyes looking far off into the distance, unable to look her in the eyes. Her accusations hurt, and they hurt all the more because he knew that he had hurt her. By avoiding her, he had put her in a position where she had no one to lean on. He knew better. Even if they weren't truly weyrmates, Voliath had flown her Wreth, and he needed to be there for Kes, even if she liked a brownrider more. But apparently, F'lin had been avoiding her, too. D'ran could only feel shame. Finally, he shifted his gaze to Kes to see her staring intently at him.

"Kes, I--" he began, and then stopped. He what? He was sorry? Sorry for putting her through such misery, wondering why he was avoiding her? Sorry for abandoning her? Could he really say that?

You need to tell her, D'ran. She deserves to know, to hear the words that come from your heart. Voliath crooned to his rider once, then turned to Wreth. I am sorry, Wreth, that Mine is being cold. He is afraid that Kes will not love him, or even that she will not like him. He respects her strength, but he fears her heart. He cannot bear to pour out his heart and have it crushed in front of him, and so he hides behind his false fear of her previous relation with Garinth's rider. Voliath leaned into the queen's touch and extended his wing over her protectively, even possessively. He knew his place, and it was beside his queen, to give her strength and comfort and joy.

"I'm sorry," D'ran said finally. "It's not your fault, Kes. It's me. I'm just...scared. This is new for me, too, but I never should have abandoned you. I thought that you would simply go back to F'lin, back to the way things were before. I should have paid attention, should have been there for you. I just..."

He struggled for words for a moment, fighting against a sudden urge to hold her, to have her in his arms, to let her know through his actions, rather than his stumbling words, that he loved her. He fought against it, and finally gave in. He took a step forward, reached out his arms, and held her close, not daring to look in her eyes for the tear that rolled down his cheek.

"...I think...I love you."  

Silverspun_lining

Dragon_Lady_Selene
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:21 am
Kes watched quietly as the bronzerider next to her seemed to struggle within himself for an answer to their predicament. She remained silent as he seemed hesitant to speak to her. It left the young rider wandering why he hesitated so much but she didn't comment to D'ran about it. After all, he most likely had a good reason for avoiding her and for keeping Voliath away from Wreth's eggs. Kes knew that goldflights and eggs on the sands were supposed to be happy times in the Weyr, but for whatever reason this time it seemed as if the eggs only made things worse. Kes was proud of Wreth for producing so many in her first clutch, but with things the way they were, she worried for the future of her lifemate's little ones.

Wreth sighed at what her bronze mate told her. Hate him? Why would Mine hate him? D'ran is a good man, and he has been kind to us and to the people of this weyr. Kes sees this in him, as do I. She respects his strength as he respects hers but she also admires his ability to keep others safe. The gold sighed again and settled futher into the water before continuing. As for Garinth's rider....F'lin is a kind young man and Mine was fond of him before she and I met and also for a while while I was still a weyrling. His behavior towards her lately makes her wander if he ever really had feelings for her at all though. She feels betrayed that he would think so little of her, and worries that your D'ran is the same. As for Garinth himself....he is my brother and I love him dearly, but he could NEVER be my mate. That honor, as it stands, belongs solely to YOU my dear Voliath. Wreth settled more fully against her bronze mate and sighed once again. She knew her place in the weyr, so did Kes, but the gold was beginning to wander if that fact remained true for the others around them.

Kes shook her head sadly at the accurate assessment that Wreth gave of the current situation. Though she did wish the gold had left her personal life alone. She wasn't angry with Wreth over it, just embarrassed about what Voliath, or more specifically D'ran, would think. She hated feeling all the time like she'd done something wrong and worse being unable to fix it. She couldn't force F'lin to speak to her any more than she could get D'ran to aid her. Shaking her head again to clear her thoughts, Kes's eyes began to widen at what exactly the bronzerider next to her was saying. 'He's apologizing to me, and says he was scared, but scared of what; me? It would seem so by what he's telling me now. He thought I'd disregaurd him after Wreth's flight because of F'lin? That's idiotic! I am not some common whore to flit between one man and another on a fancy! I thought he knew me better than that, obviously not. Or else his emotions cloud his judgement. Oh, what to do...'

Wreth's gentle mind-touch floated through Kes's mind. She was worried about her rider but didn't want to interrupt something so important. Let him finish and trust that the two of you can make things well again. He seems willing to try; are you?

Kes nodded slowly at her dragon's words then shifted her focus back on what D'ran was saying to her. She felt her anger slip away as he admitted to his fear regaurding F'lin and the knoweldge that he shouldn't have simply abandoned her after Wreth's flight. She felt a faint smile tug at her lips at how hesitant and cautious the normally steady bronzerider seemed at speaking about what was between them. The smile changed into a startled gasp when she suddenly found herself in the arms of the bronzerider she'd only been so close to once before. Memories assaulted the young goldrider but she pushed them back and slowly relaxed in D'ran's arms. She didn't feel threatened by him in this posistion strangely enough, instead she felt almost...safe. It was a strange feelings and completely different than how she'd felt around F'lin. She didn't quite know what to call the feeling, but she decided that she liked it. She noticed that he wouldn't look at her and her eyes gentled at his next words.

"...I think...I love you."

Moving both hands to either side of his face and gently lifting his head until their eyes met, she offered him a gentle smile and a brief brush of her lips against his. Finally, she offered him an answer. "I think....I think I feel safe with you, and that I enjoy being around you when you aren't being difficult. I don't know if I can say I love you yet, but I think it won't take much for me to fall for you."  
Ierne Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff