Welcome to Gaia! ::

THoR

Back to Guilds

Freeform RP and general place to hang out! 

Reply Role Play Archival (Completed or "On Hiatus" RPs)
Vampire (prev: Flash's) Walkabout Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Samurai Rock!
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:17 pm
*In A Flash (Flash), Has been turned into a vampire and left to her own devices and now would like to know as much as possible about what it actually is to be a vampire.

She's gone to the library as the start of her search and dug up the oldest most cryptic text on vampires she could find, unfortunately none of it's in english and she's going to need some help just reading it.

To that end she's come back to THoR looking for someone more linguistically inclined then herself, shying from asking the vampires herself she talks to Black for some help and Once Rosemary enter's the picture it's eventually suggested Veni might enjoy trying to translate the text.*  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:38 pm
*So picking where we were*

Would you maybe ask him for me?  

Samurai Rock!
Crew

Taru Shinjaria
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:47 pm
ninja

*thinks about sneaking out to avoid actually being asked if he can read the book or not... wouldn't want to have to lie about it...*  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:09 pm
Of course....

----

*Next night Veni came over.*

*Rosemary who was annoyed at the book after spending the rest of the night trying to make sence of it and failing to understand more than a few paragraphs here and there.*

I see you had trouble with it dear. sweatdrop *He flipps through a few pages.* Do you want me to attempt to translate the whole book or are there only certain parts you think are in it that you'd like to know?  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Samurai Rock!
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:25 pm
sweatdrop Are you even able to translate the whole thing, I mean half of it just looked like wierd squiggles to me...

Not that it's a big deal either way you know I was just looking for... some help...

*Vampires obviously make Flash nervous... funny isn't it?*  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:46 pm
I said 'attempt to translate.' *He went to the desk and took some paper, a pen, and some postits. He sat this all on a table and took a seat and began to go through the pages and jotted what he translated down... parts he went through easily, others he paused and had to think of what it meant, while others he put postits to mark pages that were written in languages he didn't even understand or recognize.*  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Samurai Rock!
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:54 pm
*Paces for a while, gets a deck of cards and a soda, plays war with herself, paces...etc.*  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:56 pm
*has taken up residence is a corner overstuffed chair with a cold drink and a laptop and is typing away humming to himself, quite cheerfully at that*  

Taru Shinjaria
Crew

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:16 pm
*A few hours later he handed Flash a few translated pages, not yet in order and obviously missing several paragraphs from the book, but marked so he knows from what part of the book he got it from to try to organize it later if he manages to translate the parts he doesn't know. He left for the library area to continue and to see if anything up there would be of use to him.*  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:01 am
*Flash stares at the pages for a while and then haltingly begins reading some of the translated text*

First there was the darkness, and from the darkness were born.... Those who where first among the lands of the earth fought with those set by the elder's enemies, the shadow winged beings or such arrogance, they were the greatest of the shadows and now are enslaved to the light....

... The Vampires and Werewolves the beautiful b*****d children of man and the darkness shall not know the powers of the elements, only the darkness and blood but shall thrive for man produces much darkness and blood....

Journal Entry 1: I, Willhelm Grugavelt, have found many writtings one these dark creatures and will attempt to consolidate them as best possible and as close to their original condition as possible, I shall also include some of my personal observations but, I know not if I dare get closer to these dark beings less I risk my immortal soul...

Journal Entry 14: I have met one of the demonic enemies, these guardians, they do seem quite powerful, but... I sense a frustration and do not trust their apparently good intentions. It seems they are protectors of the human race pulled from darkness itself, and yet pulled from the light itself, and I feel they are not docile enough for their task... like a well trained commander who garners more respect and power from the people then his lord these guardians stand with such power, should they use it for other then is intended (for their own gain and not a balance and protection) there would be no preventing it, and I feel at least the one I spoke with, is not happy with his situation.

In the deep he rests, the mighty demon, who waits only to feed, he will come, and we shall feast with him, once the lord returns, in where his throne sits, corpses shall pave his way and blood provided the drink, and the earth shall shake and seas shall move, Come to us now!

Journal Entry 23: There seems to be at least three distinctive levels of evil at work in this world. Most common is the evil affected and including man itself, this includes Vampires, Werewolves, pixies, mermaids, and the like. The next level is the creatures born from evil alone with none of man's affections (some affections of man may be understood to be affections universal) these are the true demons and devils, imps, and immortal killers (also perhaps fallen angels/guardians?) often see as part animalistic these may also be the dragons and sea serpents, the beastial creatures of darkness and malice. Then also is there and great and spiritual elder race of giants and evil, with worshipers and a calling to return and crush all the life of the earth, great ancient creatures of indescribable malice.

-On the note of the last these Elder Evils I do not believe there return possible and feel the guardians as well as some highly trained human spiritualists have their hands in this issue and short of their utter obliteration would not allow these evils re-entry into this world.

Children you see your path build a stairway of skeletons to reach the stars, a path of corpses the reach the empire on the hillside, a sea of blood to sail to the furthest reach of your dream, and bathe in it and be reborn, sacrifice your flesh, your blood your soul to the darkness and receive it's greatest rewards, feast in the shadows, and take that goal into yourself even if it rends the flesh of god himself.

W. G. Note - These mixed man/demons fasinate me. It is certain there is much man and demon both in their makeup, the blood pulsing through their veins, the very ease of transition from man to beast (especially where Vampires and Werewolves are concerned) is remarkable. I do not think most of these creatures know much of the demons and elders, they seem occupied as much with their own affairs and the affairs of men that they like man concern themselves little with those things lurking in corners, except when it disturbs their lives. I must find a way to study the bites of vampires or werewolves and find what simple element these bites add or remove to make man into demon, it must be....

The Shadows do not part for us, nor The Light. We are in it. We are part of it. We are masters of it and it our master. As man lives by food and creates his own without food he dies. So is it with the light and dark. I will call to the shadow and you to the light and we shall stand together. Never mixing never changing. And we shall be dark and light and master of it, but should I lose you I will lose not only the light but the darkness too.

*Flash stops*

That's the last page. neutral What the heck?  

Samurai Rock!
Crew

Taru Shinjaria
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:21 am
*Taru stops humming when she starts reading, he puts the laptop aside once she reaches the fourth paragraph and watches he while he sips at his drink.

He almost chokes on his drink when she starts reading the last paragraph... and gets up to leave once she finishes reading, coughing and sputtering some and mumbling about shadows*  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:27 am
*Sephiroth is suddenly there patting Taru's back after entering and unaware of what is going on, what was just read, and why he is sputtering.*  

Sephiroth-sama

Crew

Determined Conqueror

11,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Taru Shinjaria
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:43 am
*Taru lets out a last couple coughs and finally catches his breath*

Hoo...whoa... Thanks.

*he straightens up and looks at Seph*

Um... I guess I was dumb and tried to inhale while taking a sip. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:55 pm
*She had already suspected the part demon/man part and knew about the darkness/blood part, but never thought of only belonging to the first level of evil... ...und if you look into ze demonz even by vay of books, zey eventually get more acquainted to you zan you vould like... she thought to herself. Taru's strange actions didn't go unnoticed though. She only raised an eyebrow at him, but didn't ask him anything and turned her gaze away from him. She is certain that he knows more than he is pretending to and decides to watch his reaction as more of it is translated...she's not sure if she wants to ask him anything about it though and maybe end up with something else she doesn't want to meet... she's already annoyed at the demons that she keeps running into ever since that reaper showed up... and the fact that one demon (who could possibly be an elder according to this book) wants her to join his ranks as a Niearcim mage...and basically worship him, starting with a ceremony in which she'd cut herself up using some dull rusted magic blade that would leave her permanently scarred... she shuddered at that thought as she walked away to join Veni...*  

BlackMN

Captain

Dapper Animal

16,525 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

psychotic__Gal
Vice Captain

Tipsy Reveler

10,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:38 pm
Daph adjusts her position. "I don't know any other languages except french....a little latin....a little Italian....um...and some Hungarian... But not a lot..." She says, "erm...You could, like, read Dracula...It's a good read... Done in the Victorian age too. It's both in English and it has some very important info..."She sips her hot herbal tea.  
Role Play Archival (Completed or "On Hiatus" RPs)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games