Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
"Pern" / Dragon Riders of Pern RP? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragonriders must fly when Thread is in the sky... (a Pern RP?)
  Clear skies and fair weather (yes)
  Wherry Teeth! (no)
  I'm here for the Gather (poll whore answer)
View Results

Ifailedmywillsave

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:59 pm
Woo! Firelizard and dragon descriptions are up! *happy dance*  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:47 pm
32 is fairly average for a clutch laid in pass, if one was to use Lessa's queen as a base ^^

as for being too many... if we doing get the Numbers NPCs are fine ^^

Good luck with you exams Ifa *is also swallowed by assignments atm*

Flaconscale

Seraphim Sins

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:39 am

Luna says :

so we have 1 newly hatched queen and one queen egg?

lets see

base profile

Name
Lunaria Rath

personality
happy and reserved sweet and quiet she is strong and powerful with the impressing of her queen

Hold
Rutha

Craft
Weaver

Family
Mother Liliana Rath, Father Ouestus Rath (ruthan hold weavers by trade)

Bio
as a child she always had an affinity to people she was good at helping and good at knowing what she needed to do to help someone, it was said that she should have been brought into the healer hall but never the less she wanted to be a weaver, as a child she loved a man who was the keeper of the watchweyr bronze nialith and one night at the age of 16 she left her bed to meet with her lover Dezzel but to the dismay of both lovers her father found out, charging into the weyr he yelled seizing Dezzel by the arm causing poor Nialith to rear his legs injuring Lunaria in the process
she blacked out
days later she woke in the hospital her body scarred but her body would heal her mind would never
that morning both Dezzel and Nialith had been sent away to another hold
and that day luna gained a fear of dragons
(start rp at hatching or searching?)

Undead Yes!
Unperson No!
Gaians against Vitalisim!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:23 pm
Lunaria Rath

Luna says :

days later she woke in the hospital her body scarred but her body would heal her mind would never

Undead Yes!
Unperson No!

You want a girl who is traumatised by dragons to stand on the sands and impress a Queen Egg?

Won't having to face a bunch of dragons just make her panic and run for the hills?

I'm not sure that's a very impressive sight. XD  

Maze

Seraphim Sins

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:25 pm
Maze
Lunaria Rath

Luna says :

Undead Yes!
Unperson No!

You want a girl who is traumatised by dragons to stand on the sands and impress a Queen Egg?

Won't having to face a bunch of dragons just make her panic and run for the hills?

I'm not sure that's a very impressive sight. XD

Luna says :

its the whole overcomming a fear thing....
its a rough bio.... i forgot to add an impression of 2 firelizzards (blues names luner soler) but i was hoping for some help on it....>.>;;;;

Undead Yes!
Unperson No!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:58 am
So... what exactly is the plan here? Are we going with one junior queen and a twin queen hatching or what? And if so, who's going to be role playing what? If no one minds, I like the idea of being a junior queen rider. I don't know if that would mean that Caylith would be the senior queen after the death of Liraelth, but... well, you know. Also, with the death of her dragon, would Niviki remain Weyrwoman? That would be a very interesting story line to go with: a Weyrwoman who doesn't ride a dragon, but keeps the position because everyone thinks it best that the poor dear keep herself busy. The rider of the "senior" queen would be her right-hand woman, conveying mass orders to the dragons through her gold. 3nodding -Just thought that kind of plot up on a whim.-

Either way, I feel no desire to take the opportunity of experiencing a Hatching from anyone who wants to RP one. I can do three or four NPCs for that event if you'd like (five, if I pressed the envelope). smile

Josie_II

Sparkly Fairy

8,400 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hive Mind 200

Seraphim Sins

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:50 pm

Luna says :

i can only really do one chari... i have a hard time keeping one personality strait nevermind 2 xD

but yeah i think it was decided that one junior queen one egg
ive got the egg so i think you have the junior queen
that is alright?

i think it might be better to start with a new weyrwomen and have Niviki be like an advisor of sorts .... someone who helps with healings and such
and handles the "paperwork" or what i mean by that is she handels the holders and acts as holdwoman to the lower caverns of the weyr

Undead Yes!
Unperson No!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:56 am
I'm happy to keep Noviki and A'sh around if you guys want, If not I can arrange something else for them.

Ok.... I'm sorry this is taking Forever life as been a bit of a kick in the behind for me atm

Jlynn and Ifa. If you guys want to start putting something together you can

Storyline wise:
Sr Queen is dead (rider Noviki)
Jr Queen (I think Jlynn wants her)
Queen Egg (for Luna)

'Sides Jlynn's charie would not be Weyrwoman until her dragon rose to mate as Sr Queen

And play as many charcters as you feel comfortable with

Flaconscale

Josie_II

Sparkly Fairy

8,400 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:40 am
Flaconscale (PM)
jlynn518 (PM)
Hey, do you need me to help with anything? I know you're probably busy, but it's taking a really long time to get this role play up and running. I have no life, so I can have everything done within two days. The gist of the information I've sent you already need only be edited.

Sure If you want to start putting things together you can. I'm sorry but I have really gotten swallowed up.

Okay everyone: looks like I'll be your role play designer today. It's going to be a harrowing process, but luckily I have a bunch of pre-made information to take from my various role plays. I'd like to put those people who are really dedicated to our cause on "Dragon Rider" duty: find me pictures, links... videos ( ninja )... just about anything that would help us patch this thing together. Someone could go to Anne McCaffrey's website and get a list of role playing rules so that we have a role play that both conforms to her style and our own. For now, send me everything you can find with the title, "Pern Melting Pot". 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:03 am
Or, you know, point people at the wiki that Ifa linked earlier and save ourselves a lot of time. A lot of the stuff we need is up there, after all.

And what do we need the pictures and videos for?  

Maze

Josie_II

Sparkly Fairy

8,400 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:06 pm
I was trying to sound professional and cool when it came to 'video'. X___X No, I'd just like pictures for anatomy and such. It's much easier to take pictures, edit them accordingly and put them into a post for reference rather than have an entire six paragraph description on how a dragon's eye looks. It's for the same reason that kid's books have so many illustrations and "adult" books have none. 3nodding

To clarify: "video" was a joke. I don't think that anyone in this world has ever caught a dragon live on camera (nor can AIVAS send us footage of Pern dragons). And the Wikipedia page is one I have already visited. There are several other sites dedicated to role playing Pern, though, that might have useful things for us to borrow. That's what I want more than anything.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:40 am
I have the book, Dragonlover's Guide to Pern, which contains quite a few good pictures which we should be able to utilize. Once I have a break from midterms I will try to help. I apologise for going so slowly, but I wish you'd be patient. I'm working as fast as I can while still trying to be able to get good grades.

I kind of feel like I'm being harshly criticized for having a life.  

Ifailedmywillsave

Maze

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:07 am
Ifailedmywillsave
I have the book, Dragonlover's Guide to Pern, which contains quite a few good pictures which we should be able to utilize. Once I have a break from midterms I will try to help. I apologise for going so slowly, but I wish you'd be patient. I'm working as fast as I can while still trying to be able to get good grades.

I kind of feel like I'm being harshly criticized for having a life.

Dude. Having a life is a good thing.

It pays the bills. 3nodding

Everyone's a little exited to get going, I imagine, so it's probably not meant as criticism. Heh, unless we have to criticise Flacon too, then.

But, ergk, more effort. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:38 am

Luna says :

ifa your doing a great job! <3
thankyou for the listings and stuffs on livejournal
<3

Undead Yes!
Unperson No!

Seraphim Sins

BardoftheAges

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:09 am
*heavy sigh* Thanks, girls. I'm sorry. I should be so snippy. Stress should not be taken out on you. For the next week or so I'll probably be grumpy, so I apologize in advance, and I'll try to apologize directly after I say something stupid, too, but I can't guarantee that. >___<  
RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff