Submit

Our generation rules!
And you know it!
100%
 100%  [ 181 ]
Total Votes : 181

Fabulous mine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:35 am
I havent looked my age in a long time, dont know if I ever will.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:00 pm
Wish I had that problem, I'm 38 and when I don't color my hair (50% grey) I get asked if my 2 yr old is my granddaughter....sigh, I'm not ready for that. So for now I just gotta wash that grey outta my hair every 3 weeks.  

The Beautiful Sardinha

saphire023

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:57 pm
I don't think I look my age. Especially when I am out with my mom and someone asks if we are sisters. Ok, I am 24 and she is 51. I don't know if I should take that as an insult to me or if it is a compliment for her.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:52 pm
i'm quite large in mass but i have a real baby face so everyone always thinks i'm like 16 or something i'm like wtf i'm 22 gonk
i ALWAYS get carded for beer or cigs(ugh for friends). one time i even got carded going into our library with my sister because they thought i was a jr high student i mean I AM NOT THAT SHORT! i'm 5'6" i mean come on!

though the other day i had taking my best friend to the doctor and the nurse asked if i was his mom stare i mean first off i don't look anything like him he is like frickin tall 20 years old 6'3" blonde hair blue eyes insanely gay (well most of the time) and i am well lumpy 22 red hair brown eyes um BLACK (well mixed but still) i really don't see how i could be his mom!!!! i mean come on i know i i grew up in an all white family but i don't think i have THAT much white in me, though he is the blackest white boy i know. ninja

queeneb

Quotable Phantom

5,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Euphy Doll

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:07 am
Same here. I am 21 but everyone thinks I am around 16. I say it's a blessing though. I love it! It's great when your youth lasts a very long time.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:29 am
People that stop by the shop I work at ask if I'm from the highschool down the street, and if I'm allowed to be out of school to work.
Its like nooo.... I don't go to high school anymore, and they'll ask if I dropped out or something.
I really feel like kicking people sometimes, I don't think I look THAT young.

black_kittie

mizducky

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:56 am
I just turned 29, but last month at AWA someone said I looked like I was 21. I thought he had to have just been being nice. (but he insists that he meant it...)

I was talking to my mom about my birthday and how I'm almost 30. I started teasing her that she'll be 50 soon, and she has a daughter who's almost 30 (as well as one who is 11). She said "It's ok though, because I don't Look 50!!" hahah

It's true though, people usually think my Mom is my sister, and then they think my baby sister is my daughter and give me dirty looks (when I was 20 -looking a lot younger as always- and she was 2).  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:15 am
I get this a lot! I often get mistaken for my younger sister's twin and we're four years apart! I was also at work one day and someone mistook me for a senior in high school instead of a senior in college.

I'm sure I'll appreciate this looking younger when I'm older, but it's kind of irritating right now! razz  

_shuriken7_

connielass

2,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:04 pm
RedRaphie
Okay, I'll be turning 25 next Saturday (the 20th) and what ticks me off more then anything is the fact I don't look my age at all! People always mistake me for way way younger! I'm talking 16 and under. I wouldn't go back if someone paid me too. Does anybody else not look or feel their age? I espically hate it when this younger generation looks like they could pass off for models and they're only like freaking 17 years old. I would have killed to look like some of these girls do now.

Seriously? I'm 24, and people think I'm 16.
But guess what? I've BEEN over it.
Why?
Because when I'm 40, I'll still look 30.

Believe me: looking younger than you are is a GOOD thing.

Can I get some support from the older crowd here?! Especially you women?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:44 pm
connielass
RedRaphie
Okay, I'll be turning 25 next Saturday (the 20th) and what ticks me off more then anything is the fact I don't look my age at all! People always mistake me for way way younger! I'm talking 16 and under. I wouldn't go back if someone paid me too. Does anybody else not look or feel their age? I espically hate it when this younger generation looks like they could pass off for models and they're only like freaking 17 years old. I would have killed to look like some of these girls do now.

Seriously? I'm 24, and people think I'm 16.
But guess what? I've BEEN over it.
Why?
Because when I'm 40, I'll still look 30.

Not sure if I count as the older crowd, but I totally agree (other than the carding hastles) that looking younger is a GOOD thing. It's great when I save money because the waiter gives me a children's menu or I can get away with a kid's ticket at the movies. I figure that I'll pass for my kids' sibling when they're in high school, and what could be better than that?  

Mayumi_Yuy

CatLadyMeow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:36 pm
I'm 49 and look younger, and always have. It serves me well now. I have no gray hair yet and people tell me I look about ten years younger than I am. I hang out with my bf, who is 50 and looks much older (lots of gray hair and full beard that is gray - he gets senior discounts and such already without anyone asking) and his elderly father (sucks to have a date and have that old man toddleing along), so most people assume I am older than I look since I am with them. They are always saying he and his dad look more like brothers then father and son. I think they are just being stupid.
I am sure a part of my youthfulness is my weight, I am fat and have a round face.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:13 pm
I am 23, I got asked to prom last year. Seriously, I am working on my RN licence, and I get this! I rather appear as haggared as I REALLY am from studying and hospital hours unpaid with no sick days, so I'll get dues for time and effort. Who needs to be flattered by youth when they have age and accomlishments that have taken so much to get. I rather get a person my age or older who will appreciate all this means than mistaken for something I am not even.  

Bode_Well

mizducky

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:45 am
connielass

Most Definitely!!
That's why I make an effort to avoid too much sun. I live in Hawaii and every now and then (since I am not a "sun-worshiper") I see one of those older women who look like they've 1) spent waaaay too much time in the sun and 2) had their skin stretched to 3x the size. It puts the fear of sun into me and makes me wear sun screen.
I know that staying out of the sun is why my Mom probably looks as young as she does, and I'd like to maintain my looks for as long as possible.

As far as aging goes, my family also doesn't have particularly gray hair. My Grandma's hair stayed over 50% dark brown for a very long time, and my Mom only has a lot of gray hair at her temples, it's pretty cool. The rest of her head has some gray sprinkled in but not a whole lot. I hope I am as lucky and I can have some streaks too.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:17 am
I got carded the other day and I'm so old that I was really flattered. xD
I am back at school with mostly early-20s and since I am ignorant of the subj. matter (which is why I am attending), and look about their age, my fellow students treat me rather condescendingly. It's odd. Also I am not interested in flirting with kids 15 yrs my junior, because that feels kind of eccch. So I have to push that away too. I'm not a cougar. ><  

Bezant

Original Explorer

14,475 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200

Veddhartha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:00 am
Cherry Sodah
Also I am not interested in flirting with kids 15 yrs my junior, because that feels kind of eccch. So I have to push that away too. I'm not a cougar. ><

So there is downsides looking young too. rofl I work at local university of applied sciences and get a bit same often when people mistake me for student. I don't have keycard so need to ask help every time when I either want to go further than public halls. Includes getting into class where I'm supposed to be working. Good way to meet new people though.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff