Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:57 pm
Katalina's face had lit up while Joshua was ranting. She waited until she was sure he was finished, then replied, "Thanks. That's all I needed to hear." She shrugged. "Some humans might not have thought it out, and I just wanted to be sure you had. That's all."
Then she wrinkled her nose. "Humans really cut things up just to see how they work? Ewww."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:01 pm
Joshua smiled before his expression mirrored her own. "I know. It really, truly is disgusting. They say it's all for science's sake." He shook his head. "That's why I left. 'Scientists' were wrecking the ocean near where I used to live. It was despicable to watch."  

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:06 pm
Katalina shrugged. "Well, it'll work the same whether they know what it does or not, won't it?" she asked, reasonably enough. She flipped over to float on the surface. "What were they doing?" she asked after settling herself.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:15 pm
"They were catching all these different fish, to see if their insides were all different." He made a face. "And they set up this lab where they used all these stupid chemicals to test god-knows-what." Joshua slammed a fist into the water in anger. "And then the idiots dump the chemicals into the water! That was hurting and killing all the animals. So the scientists decided to check the effect of the chemicals by cutting up MORE fish and using MORE chemicals." He traced a circle in the water. "It was just a vicious cycle that was always getting worse and never better."  

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:20 pm
Katalina was surprised and sorry. She hadn't known how bad things were out there, or how sheltered she was in this safe part of the ocean.
"Are there any of us out there anymore?" she wondered aloud.
Were there ever?
She wondered if Kal might know. Glancing towards him, she asked, "Did you ever go out there?"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:22 pm
spartan309
Mellow opened his eyes and saw someone watching him. "Wh.. where am I?" Mellow asked. He was a little shaken up.
Jin was in his own boat looking in the ocean for sharks. "No sharks? Oh well. Now I know Server didn't die from sharks." JIn said to himself. Jin got a little board from just looking around but that went away when he saw land. "Finally! Land!" Jin yelled out in relief.

Persephanie shrank back apon hearing Mellow speak. I-I'm not sure. This is a little cove though. I believe there is a town a few miles away. She tells him, sinking into the water, her long tail completely hidden by the waves.  

MommiiDearest

Beloved Elocutionist

11,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Guildmember 100

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:24 pm
Now it was Joshua's turn to be surprised. "You don't know if there are other mermaids?" 'How come she doesn't know? Everything I've ever read on mermaids agree that they're social animals. That they usually swim and live in groups, like a shoal or school of fish.'  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:29 pm
Katalina waved a hand. "Well, academically I know there are others, otherwise where did I come from?" she pointed out logically. "I just live alone, that's all. I don't know where the others live, or anything. I, ah...don't get along very well with other mermaids whenever I happen to meet one."  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:35 pm
"Really? Weird..." Joshua though upon this for a moment. "Actually, it's not that weird. All the books and stories tell of large groups of mermaids, but they seem to be a lot like humans with regards to social patterns. So that would make sense, loners appearing in both human and merkind." Mentally, he stored this info away. 'Maybe I should write a book. Call it a fantasy book, make people think it's all fake. But that way I could keep all the info I find on sea kind. Maybe just keep it as a journal?' Joshua zoned out as he contemplated this idea.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:44 pm
Katalina nodded briefly, though she showed no understanding of the idea of a loner. It was just the way she was, that was all. Probably there were plenty of others just like her.
"In the stories humans tell about us, do they ever talk about mermen, or is it all about the mermaids?" she asked, as amused as she was curious.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:59 pm
"Some are about mermen, but," Joshua grinned ruefully. "Most of the stories focus the the mermaid." He gave a small laugh, rubbing the back of his head. "You know something? I always though that if I got to meet someone like a mermaid, I'd be the one asking the questions. Not the other way around."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:38 pm
"Thank you kind person." Mellow said. he then got up and went to find the town.
Jin took of his shirt since he had another on top and tied the wound up. "That might hold but I really don't care." Jin said. He then helped her up and gazed down at the blood. "Black. I've never seen black blood before. I should know since I see blood a lot." He said.  

spartan309

Lupine Pup

5,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:43 pm
"I bet I've seen alot more than you ever have." Neri said, giving an evil grin. She had dropped the act. She now seemed kind of dark, and had a rather dark aura. Neri was getting hungry.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:46 pm
"Like I care about your life. THe only reason I'm here is to find my friend Server. If I can't find him, well lets just say there's gonna be more red around here." Jin said. He was in the mood for a little violence.  

spartan309

Lupine Pup

5,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:48 pm
"Well, maybe I ate him." Neri said, her grin growing even darker. She then gave out an evil laugh then said, "Oh, there will be more red." Her pupils seemed to become slit, and her teeth did seem a bit sharper...  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games