Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Movies TV Shows Books Comics
Dr. Who - a show for the truly decrepit Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like Dr. Who?
I don't like anybody.
5%
 5%  [ 15 ]
Didn't he have something to do with pledge drives?
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
I don't watch medical shows.
2%
 2%  [ 7 ]
I heard he went crazy and lived in Obi-Wan's attic.
10%
 10%  [ 31 ]
Sure. Lots. Now gimme my poll gold.
24%
 24%  [ 74 ]
Exterminate! Exterminate!
56%
 56%  [ 168 ]
Total Votes : 300

Hairy Priest

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:48 am
I'm excited! The new trailer on the BBC's official Dr. Who website looked pretty cool (well, the bits where the Doctor was in the TARDIS pimping the new season were a little hokey, but the clips from actual episodes were nice). I've got a feeling the 2006 season will be better than last year's.

But then, I prefer Tennant's portrayal more than Eccleston's, so I would think that, wouldn't I? whee  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:41 am
I grew up with Sylvester McCoy as the Doctor. I think I have vague memories of Colin Baker and Peter Davison (especially the cricketing threads), but Sylvester McCoy has always been my favourite!

In answer to AmberKatt, I've got 21 of the New Adventures, thanks to a fellow Whovian with a very sharp eye, who spotted them in an antiques shop in Worcester and bought them on my behalf - what a sweetheart! I'd love to collect them all, but I haven't yet the time and money to go trawling through eBay. There were an awful lot of them!

You're right, he gets *very* dark and, at one point, there are rumours of the previous incarnation becoming very close to being Valeyard - not quite sure what that is, but I grasped the idea that it was bad. We lose Ace, too, to become a mercenary and Dalek killer; and Mel is not happy with a) what the Doctor has become and b) what he seems to have done with Ace. Bernice Summerfield is a great companion though!

As for the TV series, I've only seen Ghost Light, Curse of Fenric and a little bit of Remembrance of the Daleks. I desperately want to see The Happiness Patrol, Survival and The Greatest Show in the Galaxy, none of which appear to be on DVD at the moment. I've got the Target books of these episodes and they sound great. I've also picked up all the BBC books with Sylvester McCoy and Ace.

The reruns of Jon Pertwee I never liked - he was stranded on Earth at the time, which seemed very boring, although I'll admit the Brigadier rocks. Plus, I could never get over the idea of the Doctor being Spotty in SuperTed...

I quite liked the TV movie, although getting rid of Sylvester McCoy did prejudice me against it somewhat. The themetune was great smile

I loved the Christopher Eccleston series - although it took me till the two-parter in WWII London really to appreciate him in the role. David Tennant looks promising, can't wait - new date for the new series is April 15th! Less than 2 weeks, fellow Britons!

I'd also really like to see Torchwood, but since they haven't got round to filming that yet, I'm guessing it'll be a while...

DW  

Warnersister

Nuala

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:41 am
jellysundae
Spinoff?? what's this?
i watch so little TV i'm totally out of touch with what's on sweatdrop

Yes, it's coming (WARNING: potential spoilers for new seasons of Doctor Who). You guys didn't know?

*waves to Warnersister* Fancy meeting you here!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:22 am
Nuala
jellysundae
Spinoff?? what's this?
i watch so little TV i'm totally out of touch with what's on sweatdrop

Yes, it's coming (WARNING: potential spoilers for new seasons of Doctor Who). You guys didn't know?

*waves to Warnersister* Fancy meeting you here!

*waves back* Didn't realise you were here, either smile

Dude! They've got the guy who created Sapphire & Steel! I've really got to see that show at some point, it sounds like it's right up my street. Weird and starring David McCallum...

DW

EDIT: For my fellow Brits, BBC3 appears to be rerunning various seasons in the evenings. Yesterday was the final part of The Green Death with Jon Pertwee, tonight (6th April) was the 2nd episode of the Eccleston series. Episodes 3 and 4 are on from 7pm tomorrow night. Why must it clash with Due South now???  

Warnersister

Alleira

Aged Citizen

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:31 pm
April 15th, eh? That'll be a great Easter weekend pressie... I can't wait! xd  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:36 am
Has anyone else checked out the new season previews over on the BBC's site yet?

Here be furries. smile  

Nuala

Alleira

Aged Citizen

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:29 pm
"You thought you'd seen it all? Well, think again!" Furries indeed, plus Matrix-style action and more, by the looks of it! Listening to David Tennant, I realised - is this our first Scottish Doctor? Doctor Who night, this Sunday on BBC3, looks good as well. See you behind the sofa! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:02 am
alleira
Listening to David Tennant, I realised - is this our first Scottish Doctor?

Surely you haven't forgotten...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The new trailer really has me excited! The CGI monsters look pretty good. Not sure what to think about those guys in red, though. Anybody know what story they pop up in?  

Hairy Priest

jellysundae

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:16 am
crying i don't have BBC3  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:06 am
jellysundae
crying i don't have BBC3

The new Doctor Who series and Torchwood were my principal reasons for investing in a set-top box after Christmas. The fact that Due South and Randall & Hopkirk: Deceased and The Persuaders are also on digital was an added benefit smile

I'm settling in tonight for the 3 hours of "Doctor Who Night" on BBC3.

DW  

Warnersister

jellysundae

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:50 am
eek Due South? *drools*  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:03 pm
Just seen a trailer for Dr.Who, starts next week, and it's at 7.15 so i wont miss Charmed either blaugh
David Tennant looks quite cute too 3nodding

jellysundae

Alleira

Aged Citizen

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:53 pm
Oops, sorry - er, yes, Sylvester McCoy slipped my mind. I didn't watch very much of his Time Lordship (feel I should have written that part in a very tiny font, but too late now...) xd  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:55 am
jellysundae
eek Due South? *drools*

Another fan? There aren't many of us left! smile  

Nuala

jellysundae

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:06 pm
my ex used to b***h when it was on..'don't think i don't know you fancy that Mountie'

rofl

Movies TV Shows Books Comics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces