Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Convention Attention: HOW ANNOYING! D:< Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

B10ndevamp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:23 pm
LovelyLadyAurora
B10ndevamp
LovelyLadyAurora
B10ndevamp
Free Hugs Signs: Seriously. it's gotten old. The last con i went to it was impossible to walk 5 feet with out seeing like 10 people with the stupid signs.

Creepers: I can't stand the creepy older men who just follow you around for hours. At AnimeNEXT 09 my friends and I, along with many other female attendees, got harassed by a 60-something year old guy dressed as a cat. Creepy. Thankfully he got kicked out of the con.

Half-A**ed Cosplays - If you're going to bother cosplaying at least put some effort into it. I understand that not everyone can be a sewing guru but don't just throw on a white shirt and jeans and call yourself L.

Ladies, if your going to cosplay as a guy then PLEASE bind your boobs. No one wants to see Axel running around with C cup boobs jiggling all over the place. XD

Also seriously a wig cap is a cosplayers best friend. Unless your hair is extremly short, wear a wig cap under your wig, because your hair WILL stick out if you don't.

Addressing the binding of the boobies: If their boobs are C cup then there's little chance that they can bind them back because the chest won't be completely flat especially if you have bigger boobies. It that case, just cosplay as a girl.
However, if you really want to cosplay as a guy, well, go as a female version of the guy and try to look like a girl but still carrying that image of that male character. I plan to be a female version of Portgas D. Ace. I could bind my boobs down if I didn't have long hair and don't want to cut it (and NOooo I'm not going to buy a short hair wig on a character that has the same hair color as me, I'm on a tight budget here and I'm trying to save as much as I can), so I'm going as a chick version (believe me, I'm not the first compared to a girl who went as a female Ace but she was a blond but she still enjoyed her costume and you knew who she was).

So it's not really a 'black and white' situation, it depends on your chest size and other factors.

I have no problem with girls who chose to cosplay as the female version of a male character. However it annoys when people go around insisting that they are the male version and they have boobs. And actually it's totaly possible to bind c cup boobs and greater. I have c cup boobs and I cosplay as Marluxia and i can get my boobs pretty flat. It all depends on the method you use.

Also it you have the same hair color as you're character, that's a differant situation. What i was refering to is people who are wearing a pink wig for example and have their natural brown hair sticking out under it. A wig cap costs like 2 bucks and would easly slove that problem.

I love the wig cap. Very helpful. Helped a lot when I went as Madam Red and I had shoulder length hair (plus my hair is very thick).

I would ask what size you are but I won't, it wouldn't be proper but how do you bind your boobies?

I love wig caps, seriously. I have medium lenght brown, cruly hair so they are a huge help for me.
What bra size am i? 36 C if that's what you were asking. XD Don't worry about, im not shy. To bind my boobs i were a sports bra under a tight tank top and then wrap them up with the wide set ace bandages, usually like 2 0r 3 of them. It's worked wonders for me.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:26 pm
B10ndevamp

I love wig caps, seriously. I have medium lenght brown, cruly hair so they are a huge help for me.
What bra size am i? 36 C if that's what you were asking. XD Don't worry about, im not shy. To bind my boobs i were a sports bra under a tight tank top and then wrap them up with the wide set ace bandages, usually like 2 0r 3 of them. It's worked wonders for me.

Oh yes!~ Sport bras work wonders at hiding biggrin  

II C i n n a m u n II

B10ndevamp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:34 am
T O X I C_K A N D I E S
B10ndevamp

Oh yes!~ Sport bras work wonders at hiding biggrin

Oh they do, they do! <3  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:08 am
sorry to but in but how the hell do you girls breathe when you bind yourself??? >.>'
If i had to do that i would think i would die from not breathing  

Griff_Illwind

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

LovelyLadyAurora

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:39 am
B10ndevamp
LovelyLadyAurora
B10ndevamp
LovelyLadyAurora
B10ndevamp
Free Hugs Signs: Seriously. it's gotten old. The last con i went to it was impossible to walk 5 feet with out seeing like 10 people with the stupid signs.

Creepers: I can't stand the creepy older men who just follow you around for hours. At AnimeNEXT 09 my friends and I, along with many other female attendees, got harassed by a 60-something year old guy dressed as a cat. Creepy. Thankfully he got kicked out of the con.

Half-A**ed Cosplays - If you're going to bother cosplaying at least put some effort into it. I understand that not everyone can be a sewing guru but don't just throw on a white shirt and jeans and call yourself L.

Ladies, if your going to cosplay as a guy then PLEASE bind your boobs. No one wants to see Axel running around with C cup boobs jiggling all over the place. XD

Also seriously a wig cap is a cosplayers best friend. Unless your hair is extremly short, wear a wig cap under your wig, because your hair WILL stick out if you don't.

Addressing the binding of the boobies: If their boobs are C cup then there's little chance that they can bind them back because the chest won't be completely flat especially if you have bigger boobies. It that case, just cosplay as a girl.
However, if you really want to cosplay as a guy, well, go as a female version of the guy and try to look like a girl but still carrying that image of that male character. I plan to be a female version of Portgas D. Ace. I could bind my boobs down if I didn't have long hair and don't want to cut it (and NOooo I'm not going to buy a short hair wig on a character that has the same hair color as me, I'm on a tight budget here and I'm trying to save as much as I can), so I'm going as a chick version (believe me, I'm not the first compared to a girl who went as a female Ace but she was a blond but she still enjoyed her costume and you knew who she was).

So it's not really a 'black and white' situation, it depends on your chest size and other factors.

I have no problem with girls who chose to cosplay as the female version of a male character. However it annoys when people go around insisting that they are the male version and they have boobs. And actually it's totaly possible to bind c cup boobs and greater. I have c cup boobs and I cosplay as Marluxia and i can get my boobs pretty flat. It all depends on the method you use.

Also it you have the same hair color as you're character, that's a differant situation. What i was refering to is people who are wearing a pink wig for example and have their natural brown hair sticking out under it. A wig cap costs like 2 bucks and would easly slove that problem.

I love the wig cap. Very helpful. Helped a lot when I went as Madam Red and I had shoulder length hair (plus my hair is very thick).

I would ask what size you are but I won't, it wouldn't be proper but how do you bind your boobies?

Badges. Argh. I did that once and will never go back. It was too tight on me and it hurt...a lot!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:59 pm
Lord_Griffthedragoon
sorry to but in but how the hell do you girls breathe when you bind yourself??? >.>'

It all depends on how tightly you bind youself. Usually it's a little uncomfortable in the begining, but you get used it. You just have to make sure that you don't bind yourself too tightly that you're going to pass out from lack of oxygen. XD

@LovelyLadyAurora
Yeah it's usually a littlke uncomfortable iun the begining. I've gotten used to it though. You probably did it too tight and were constricting your breathing. D= Compression vest work wonders but alas, they are too expensive for me to send the money on, so i stick with ace bandages.  

B10ndevamp

Griff_Illwind

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:47 pm
B10ndevamp
Lord_Griffthedragoon

It all depends on how tightly you bind youself. Usually it's a little uncomfortable in the begining, but you get used it. You just have to make sure that you don't bind yourself too tightly that you're going to pass out from lack of oxygen. XD

@LovelyLadyAurora
Yeah it's usually a littlke uncomfortable iun the begining. I've gotten used to it though. You probably did it too tight and were constricting your breathing. D= Compression vest work wonders but alas, they are too expensive for me to send the money on, so i stick with ace bandages.

Thank god I am a guy lol  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:02 pm
Lord_Griffthedragoon
B10ndevamp
Lord_Griffthedragoon

@LovelyLadyAurora

Thank god I am a guy lol

LMFAO! XDD  

B10ndevamp

SakuraRico

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:10 pm
Lord_Griffthedragoon
B10ndevamp
Lord_Griffthedragoon

@LovelyLadyAurora

Thank god I am a guy lol

Try doing the cosplay I'm gonna do... NiGHTS!!!! I need to use a Leotard!!! Time for MALE binding!!!! x_X  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:16 pm
B10ndevamp
Lord_Griffthedragoon

@LovelyLadyAurora

Ace Bandages don't seem to work for me, they just slip off, so should I use sports skin tape? It's been suggested on a few forums but I'm skeptical as to the tape ripping skin off.  

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Texan-Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:58 pm
Suddenly the subject turns from what annoys you about cons to boobies!!! XD lolz  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:30 pm
paulaterra
B10ndevamp
Lord_Griffthedragoon

@LovelyLadyAurora

Ace Bandages don't seem to work for me, they just slip off, so should I use sports skin tape? It's been suggested on a few forums but I'm skeptical as to the tape ripping skin off.

Hmm that's weird. I'd suggest doing them just a little bit tighter and making sure they are on straight. Also use more than one bandage-so like wrap one and then another one overlapping it. You could also get more of those little metal grasper things (dunno what they are really called XD) to hold the binding in place.

If you're going to use the tape be very, VERY careful. Removing it hurts, no matter how you look at it. =/ If you wet the tape with warm water while/before you peel if off it makes the process a little easier and less painful. Just don't use duct tape. XDD I had a friend do that and the results weren't pretty. XD  

B10ndevamp

Exclusive Massacre

Witty Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:09 am
I think what I hated most of all about the con was the pictures.
My friend and I did Freya and Elda from Chobits together.
Don't get me wrong, it was all in good fun but my friend and I had like 300 pictures of us taken in three days.
.___.
EXAUSTING.
"can i has pctre?"
" biggrin D Yeah"
*pose*
"thx by"

Repeat this 300 times, if I acted like a b***h even once I would get a snappy comment from the person with the camera.
D<

In the dealers room
"Hey look, I totally want that manga!"
"Can I has a picture?"
"I don't think we're allowed to do that here"
"It'll take like, one minute |="
"Kay"
*Pose*
Volunteer "You can't do that here"

D<<<<
AAAAAH
I FREAKING TOLD YOU.

Most people were really great about asking but there were people who wanted in the picture with us, a group of 8 guys, then 5 passers by.
It was really rediculous, it was impossible to keep faking a smile.
Not to mention that I was forced to fondle someone during a picture, one of his friends grabbed my hand, shoved it against his breast and took a picture.
I was like "Uuuuuhhhhhh D: I really didn't want to do that"
*Ignores* "Me next, me next"

It's like, yeah I put effort into this and it looked cute, BUT I NEED SPACE.

And at the beggining of the con someone pointed at ME and was like "OMG kawii chii omfg11111"
I was so about to kill them considering I was Freya.
.___.
Do we friggan look alike?
I did the costume wrong, it looked nothing like my friend's pink and white one and I didn't use a wig.
BUT THANKS FOR TRYING I GUESS.

D:

That was my half assed rant.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:19 pm
@topic of binding: Thank god I'm flat razz But it sucks that I can't do cosplays like Mizore from Rosario Vampire

User ImageBeeMovieSuits 4925/ಠ 3ಠ
User Image

Bee Movie Suit

Hoarding Hoarder

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:20 pm
Suxs what u girls have 2 go though 2 cosplay some of the characters. But hey at least if u doing a P***Bear cosplay u don't have 2 wear a cup.  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff